Cage of Eden

What are your thoughts on this one?
I like the "we're only finding more questions than answers" part of it

I enjoyed it for a fair while when I was marathoning it, but felt it fell off after a while, maybe halfway into the series.
I tended to find that the survial story aspect didn't find that well with a bunch of the usual shonen tropes like overcoming everything with guts.

Interesting overall, but the resolution of the mystery was really stupid.

More pieces of the mystery could've been scattered through out the series instead of having it all at the end.

The ending was fucking ridiculous.

I really enjoyed the series but this fucking ending ruined everything.

Remember that time Spike Spiegel wrestled with a dinosaur and won?

wait what

He did win against that huge ass dog

He even damages his eye.

I love how the ending didnt even tie up this plot they introduced just a few chapters before. Thats how rushed it was

Edge shit

The story lost its tension when people stopped dying, okay adults joined the cast, and the mystery began to be uncovered. A lot of what should have been left unsaid were dumped in the home stretch, while the more interesting subplots (Hades, the beak that entered the plane) were never referred to.

All this for a bullshit open ending. Unsatisfying/10. The girls were cute and the prehistoric creatures were interesting, but otherwise it was a garbage manga.

>hey mc, we are implying we wanna rape your women again. Please dont use your infallible goodwill to get out of this hostage situation.

It was such a glorious trainwreck. So many great things. So many terrible things.
>Spike becoming an emotionless killer due to head trauma
>slut who dumped that guy with the scars and wanted to manipulate MC and ended up falling off the cliff
>one of the few good male characters walking off a cliff without saying anything because he knew he was going to die and didn't want to bother anybody
>almost all of the good male characters dying
>Akira's harem growing because all the other good male characters that had good pairings with their girls kept dying
>everything about Nishikiori's rule
>that fucking boat design at the end
Honestly, the twist wasn't even BAD. We were calling it LOST from the start. It was just pieced together too quickly and they rode out on the dumbest fucking ship of all time.

Don't forget Yarai being a badass.
>punts ravening prehistoric dogs out of his path
>takes on motherfuckers bigger than himself with a fist full of keys
>wins Christmas cake teacher AND the tsundere
>100x more badass than MC
>survives

maybe the author wanted to play Kubo for the last few chapters before his manga got axed

the ending was shitt... puting all those lethal creatures on the iland KNOWING That your children will have to deal with them was stupid... WTF was even going on?

>puting all those lethal creatures on the iland
This part never made sense to me either. Did I miss something?

>fist full of keys
holy fuck, how did I forget this? Motherfucking YARAI
It is a shame that the other guys didn't survive to live out their ship.

i dont know mate... the mother of the MC build the iland because she speculated that the plane would apear there... BUT why puting fucking monsters there too?

I wanted to know who Hades was and shieit.

The series was utter trash, but it should honestly be considered iconic for how well it handled character development

Also the fucking fight-slut who kicked class rep down a dino-hole.

> slut who dumped that guy with the scars and wanted to manipulate MC and ended up falling off the cliff

Who?

Dont forget that the aninals stopped attacking the group towards the end

>the fucking fight-slut
Who was this again

The girl who fell off a cliff was a cute but crazy chick who tried to rape MC, it was in that arc with wolves.

The white college chick

R&D was the only way to get funding for building the island

The cunt with the full pantyhose who was some sort of karate bitch and pushed cute class rep down the hole where Hades and Spike where.

Oh shit I remember now! From the two college sluts! Didn't they both die or only one of them? I don't remembah.

This girl died, the other one continued on with mc's harem

Did she survive and/or get better? Man it's been so long since I read this. I vaguely remember a girl who was good at martial arts but wasn't she a bro? Guess I'm remembering wrong

Only the slut died.
Pure brown waifu survived.
Scar dude was a bro throughout the series but he died towards the very very end when a part of the building caved in.
>tfw so many good characters die and the pieces of shit live

That's a big burb

>the pieces of shit live
Spike should have been left to die IMO

If Spike didnt pretend to be cool he probably had some psychiatric help

They DID leave him to die.
But this faggot in the corner here kept surviving even though his existence boiled down to "I just want to stare at panties and fuck Rion"

damn I forgot about this years ago. I read the whole thing at the time and completely forgot about it.

It got axed?

no point reading it because of the 'fuck you lol its over' ending.

>I hope he doesn't die, he's a good leader
>I hope he doesn't die, I don't want my girl (?) to cry
>I hope he dies, I want to fuck his girl
kek

Yes, thats why it had a shitty rushed ending.

I think we all agree that Rion was a terrible heroine and Yuki was 10x better girl

I'm too lazy to grab it but my favorite chapter/page by far was the one where MC is holding the "unconscious" childhood friend and screams "because she's my woman!", but then they don't fuck.

did she not know they were there or something?
I seem to recall karate girl was a bit of bro

I wanted to fuck the trap.
I don't remember much more about the series other than the bizarre twist at the end.

>Scar dude
I thought his death was fairly pointless, like they just bumped him off because no-one had died in ages.

One thing that bothered me was that it seemed like toward the end the author was playing it safe by killing off dudes, because having a potential waifu die might piss off the audience.

I really thought she was a girl until the big reveal

I didn't think she actually knew the kids would land there, she just had a dream about it, once the project was well and truly underway

>those notes

It was good when it was a small group, but once multiple groups met and stayed together, it got shit. Killing nameless members of groups off in mass when introducing an new beast and the doctor arc was super bad

It was pretty good with all the mysteries. It went to shit when half the things got revealed to be stupid bullshit and other half got forgotten since it got canceled and the author didnt have time.

Also the coolest character dying literally couple chapters before the end for no reason with no after effect while being immediately forgotten was so shit I have no words for it.

She dreamt about it, right? I always thought that she didn't want to alter that dream to raise even by a tiny bit the chance of that happening.