BRAVO BRAVO

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/151838996
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What?

bane ?

omg idiot thats is the shadew of his pupils

Who was in the wrong here?

Nothing is wrong here. It's a stylistic choice.

Why Araragi looks like a vampire?

This is literally 3D MAX tier

I've seen this image a lot now, but is this flagrant cherrypicking or does the movie really look like this most of the time? I don't watch -monogatari.

Those are shadows retard

Fuck off cunt

Left looks better

A lot of the backgrounds are CG, but Kizu's kind of an outlier.

Shadows of what idiot ?

Where are his fangs?

This bait is stale. Time to get something fresher

Holy shit you are so retarded

>kyoani
Overdrawn tryhard with bloom set to max

>based SHAFT
Absolute Art, designed on purpose to trigger autists while patricians notice the subtle details of perfection.

Fuck you, asshole.

>

>tumblr
Fuck off faggot

it is only cherrypicking

the animation quality is pretty good in regard of character movement and such. when it comes to SHAFT , there is no point in judging it by still images

>

>when it comes to SHAFT , there is no point in judging it by still images
Shaft is basically all still images.

>there is no point in judging it by still images
I see the point you're making in the rest of your post, but no, you absolutely can.

What hits Kizumonogatari the most is the lack of narration on Araragi's part. There were a lot of quiet parts that they could have just filled with some inner thoughts and the movie would only be better.

I enjoy both, because it's of a stylistic choice.
What triggers me is that SHAFT literally has tons of money thanks to the Monogatari franchise, and it just looks like they aren't putting much effort at all into their animation/artistic quality, when there are other shows that have a lot of effort and care put into their animation/ art aesthetic that don't do as well/do much worse in terms of sales. People disagree on Kyoani's animation/artistic quality in Hibike, but seriously, you can see all of the effort they put into their artistic style to try and make it look good. I guess what I'm trying to say is that SHAFT can literally make a lazily-made looking anime, slap on "Monogatari" in the title, and it'll basically be one of the best-selling series of the season.

you mean it is valid to judge animation by cherrypicking things like wonky looking smear frames which only last for 0.1 actual seconds? things like space dandy look ridiculous as screencaps, but pretty good in motion.
the monogatari series has rather simplicistic backgrounds , but considering the variety of angles and amount of keyframes in movement, thats a pretty good trade.

I'm not sure where to start with your post. If anything, there's nothing wrong with comparing two keyframes. Are you trying to argue that the image on the left, the image with a character just sitting on a couch, is actually an inbetween?

And even if it was, what's being called to attention in that comparison isn't even the characters.

What are you even talking about?

i didnt exactly refer to the comparative image

just in general.
but judging by still frames favors detailed art with stiffly moving characters over simpler art with more fluid motion.

of course kizumonogatari had its weak/bland scenes like the one posted above, but the subway scene with shinobu was pretty intense and puts whole episodes of that anime by kyoani completely into the shadow.

you just should look for animated images of both shows for a fair comparison.

>you just should look for animated images of both shows for a fair comparison.
Then it would really be cherrypicking.

>but considering the variety of angles and amount of keyframes in movement

Are you talking about Bake in general or just Kizu? Because if you actually believe monogatari as a whole has enough animation to excuse the simplistic backgrounds you're very wrong.

>stiffly moving characters
>kyoto animation

go suffer some of their series stories, that's disappointing but the character animation isn't, apparently you've never watched them

>insert ridiculous statement
>end it with a condescending insult
how to be an autist in two easy steps

>but judging by still frames favors detailed art with stiffly moving characters over simpler art with more fluid motion.
True, but when you compare two images it is mostly about how a show (or in this case, a movie and a show) looks.

And technical things wrong with the image on the left (such as the lack of cast shadows and perspective issues) aside, I think one of the main points trying to be made is that such gaudy use of CGi is just universally unappealing.

That'll be fixed for the BDs.

Kyoanifags really are something else.

The picture is quite humble. Kyoani should have superiority and consistency.

>detailed art with stiffly moving characters over simpler art with more fluid motion

Funny you say that, because SHAFT is all about simpler art and stiffly moving characters. They also usually use fast cutting to avoid animating actual complex body movements.

This webm triggered me. I forgot what a load of pretentious garbage Bakemono was and this brought it all back.

I'm almost certain this image wasn't made by a KyoAnifag, but someone frustrated with Madhouse and bones.

If it triggers you why do you watch the series? Are you addicted to anime? Not everyone shares your opinion.

Shouldn't Shaft be able to afford real animators now thanks to moneygatari and madocash?

Fast cutting done right. Will SHAFT ever learn?

No, see

the movie was beyond lazy. even by shaft standards. how they ran 3 years late and blew a theatrical production budget on this steaming pile of shit is beyond comprehension. shinbo is a complete washed up hack. i enjoyed reading this as a LN but the movie was just so hard to watch how it terrible it was

No surprise that prodigies like Yoh Yoshinari want to be like Kyoani

This is very frustrating. If I see any of this sort of thing in Sangatsu no Lion I may have to go on a murderous rampage.

That was an ONA right?

don't even bother watching it. shaft has been in decline for years already. their lead director has been exposed as a one trick pony who has no capacity to grow or evolve but instead just keeps regurgitating the same shit over and over again

I don't watch it anymore you gimboid. I was just browsing the thread because I was wondering what the fuck OP was talking about.

But that's just average cutting

Not that one, Hanamonogatari was the ONA, which had even shittier quality.

>Fast cutting is a film editing technique which refers to several consecutive shots of a brief duration (e.g. 3 seconds or less). It can be used to convey a lot of information very quickly, or to imply either energy or chaos.

Almost every shot in that scene lasts roughly 2 seconds.

Pretty sure it's the sun's reflection.

Still 2slow, fast cutting is what Kon does, with shots that last like 6 frames each

>sun's reflection.
>causes a shadow, not a highlight

Sometimes I wish I could see the kinds of pictures Anons would paint if someone gave them a brush.

>>causes a shadow, not a highlight
Well I'd argue that it fits with the retarded color palette the used

I wish I could paint like this.

>Still too slow

Says who? These are movies that use fast cutting and their average is around the 2 seconds.

vimeo.com/151838996

>two irises
He should get that checked out.

Another thinly veiled Kyoani v. Shaft thread? Don't you guys ever get tires of this?

Anime can be cut way faster than Live actions (which is why Kon never did live action)

If you cut faster the effect is enhanced and you convey more meaning using the same amount of time

You mean in these movies the average shot length is 2 second? Talk about epileptic.

So, can we finally agree that Kyoani is the superior studio?

Shots that last around 3 seconds or less are called fast cuts, that's just how it is, admit you were wrong or don't reply and pretend this discussion never happened if you're so autistic.

Sure, but Shaft is just faster :^)

Everyone whose opinion matters already agrees. KyoAni shows are literally movie quality.

How will SHAFT ever recover?

Just gotta find them some good stories

Also the style of their characters is fucking boring

i know whqt they want to do but they could do so much more

>Daily reminder that KyoAni doesn't draw the anime, they film it

KyoAni films the enhanced reality inside their head.

Madhouse used to film the variety of universes inside their creators heads.

Gainax was just having fun with their otaku tropes.

Best three.

and SHAFT is the best PowerPoint user in the industry

This might seem like a stupid quote at first but KyoAni shows follow visual and cinematic language guidelines very closely, they're even too conservative sometimes.

AKA: Boring

If you have ADHD sure.

>this is one of the top selling anime franchises of the 21st century

The thing is, even if it's a stylistic choice it looks absolutely badly executed, horrible, some scenes were ok though.

Lame.

ADHD has nothing to do with desiring art that experiments and takes risks.

Following convention is not boring, visual guidelines are considered guidelines because they work almost all the time.

Would Kyoani be perfect if they experimented more?

Could Nichijou be considered risky or experimental? As for Hyouka's surreal parts?

I'd love a dary Kyoani.

And everything else is garbage, nah. Not that kyoani's works have bad art.

They're guidelines, not laws, and they should be strayed from when doing so makes for a more interesting product.

They would be great, they'd be perfect if added to that they pandered less to fat female otakus

Could Kyoani take on Aria or Mushishi if they adapted YKK?

Shaft stopped caring about -monogatari when Nisekoi started making them bank in the west

>tfw when KyoAni's last good show was Hyouka
What went wrong?

If you need to break visual language guidelines to make your work interesting, you're probably doing something wrong your story.

>1 single fujoshi series out of like 15+
>Suddenly KyoAni needs to pander less to them

>Hyouka
>good
phantom world was based

>tfw Hyouka was shit and KyoAni's last good show was Euphonium

What went right?

>they adapt it
>it has the K-ON sameface
no thanks

>If you need to break visual language guidelines to make your work interesting, you're probably doing something wrong your story.

Because story is the only thing that matters, apparently? Did you really just say that?

Those soapy romances like KnK are not catered to male otakus

I can twist your words too.

>They're guidelines, not laws, and they should be strayed from when doing so makes for a more interesting product.
Because visuals are the only thing that matters, apparently? Did you really just say that?

How did I do?

Poorly, we are talking about visual means of storytelling so visuals are in fact the most important thing

And KyoAni visuals are top notch. Glad we agree.

Koe no Katachi is a shonen manga.