Were the Vikings Muslims? New evidence says yes

Researchers in Sweden have found Arabic characters woven into burial costumes from Viking boat graves. The discovery raises new questions about the influence of Islam in Scandinavia, writes Swedish journalist Tharik Hussain.

Bew investigation into the garments - found in 9th and 10th Century graves - has thrown up groundbreaking insights into multicultural contact between the Viking and Muslim worlds.

Patterns woven with silk and silver thread have been found to spell the words "Allah" and "Ali".

The breakthrough was made by textile archaeologist Annika Larsson of Uppsala University while re-examining the remnants of burial costumes from Viking female boat and chamber graves originally excavated in Birka and Gamla Uppsala in Sweden in the late 19th and mid-20th centuries.

"I suddenly saw that the word 'Allah' [God] had been written in mirrored lettering," she says.

"We know from other Viking tomb excavations that DNA analysis has shown some of the people buried in them originated from places like Persia, where Islam was very dominant. It is likely that some Viking women took Muslim husbands.

"Now that I am looking at Viking patterns differently, I am convinced I will find more Islamic inscriptions in the remaining fragments from these excavations, and other Viking era textiles. Islam has always been part of Swedish culture.

bbc.com/news/world-europe-41567391

Other urls found in this thread:

returnofkings.com/128167/swedish-museum-accelerates-their-cultural-collapse-by-turning-viking-artifacts-into-scrap-metal
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because Vikings never stole shit.

>Let's ignore the fact that Vikings were raiders and traders and their operations reached the Byzantine empire and parts of southern Spain.

It's almost like expensive things are stolen by raiders, who would have guessed that traders trade things with other traders?

>religion is biological

Except you have to view the piece under a mirror to see something that may or may not be writing in the first place. It's literally Sweden just trying to justify its conversion to Islam.

Read up on the Varangian Guard, among other Byzantine-era Vikings in the middle east.

Fucking Swedes probably found one of these that was from a Varangian Guard who came back home after getting those sweet middle eastern spoils and now suddenly think its fine that their women are getting raped by Muhammed because they have been since the 8th century.

No surprise. We are all muslim.

Allah isn't just Muslim.

It is an Arabic word for god.

There are and were other religions in the middle east.

Such as Christianity, Judaism, Canannite, Zoroastiran, etc.

El is a Canaanite deity.

Oh look a meme flag is shilling again!

Varingians/various Scandinavian mercenaries fought for the eastern Roman Empire for centuries

The practice became so popular (because they were paid well and were much harder to be dragged into local politics) it was made illegal for a time in various "Viking" countries

They fucking raped and pillaged the med to the Black Sea and back again, their main targets were North Africans and middle easterners, and guess who's shit they would have been stealing after a battle?

Hmmmmm

Theres DNA evidence too

oh this thread again.

LOL

So much fail.....

Do these people want to be fools? seems like it

Maybe it said Valhalla?

sweden will do anything to become muslim, even rewrite their own history and change their ancestors' gods. everything for more muslims.

i can read arabic and this doesn't say "allah". the first letter (to the right) can't connect with the 2nd letter. that's not how arabic works. it may look like the general shape of "allah", but that's about it. also it's mirrored, like what the fuck, how hard did you work to find islam in your history? and this is the best you came up with? pathetic really.

>vikings were known to go almost anywhere by see
>they founded small kingdoms all over Europe (England, France, Russia, Italy etc.)
>they were known to establish a way from "normans to greeks" through Dnepr
> they used that way to invade Eastern counries like Byzantium and arab countries
>some warrior came from a invasion of some muslim country
>brought lots of loot
>decided to take with him a fancy looking belt with arab carvings
>when he died he was buried along with the valuables he had gathered throughout his life
> 1000 years later some (((journalist))) without historian ejucation wonders why did vikings have arab clothes buried with him.

So what you're telling me is that one of the most famous groups of pillaging rapists was actually Muslim?

also it's pretty fucking obvious that the entire thing is just filled with geometric shapes for decoration, this doesn't resemble writing at all, especially not in arabic.

>writes Swedish journalist Tharik Hussain.

Mohel is write on the whole writing part; I can read Arabic and that looks nothing at all like الله. I mean, Arabic is Sweden's national language after all, so I don't understand how they could get their own script wrong like that...

fpbp

*right
fuck

There's a larger picture. If you look at the top there's something that vaguely resembles a swastika. Are we now going to say that Vikings were Nazis? Muslim Nazis of the Middle Ages?

Or are we just going to agree that someone was making geometric shapes that vaguely resemble other things that we are familiar with.

Sounds like the Muzzie is seeing Allah when God isn't. Like the Burger King label thing a few years back.

>if you squint just right and look at this pattern in a mirror is looks sort of like the world allah but not really
>therefor islam was always a part of swedish culture

Thank you for this rage.

or he really was some muslim settler, since
>they were known to establish a way from "normans to greeks" through Dnepr

this is being far too generous. we're supposed to believe muslims embroidered the word Allah BACKWARDS and in such an obscure way that it had to be seen with a microscope...

it's clearly bullshit to the core, this is literally an intel operation.

Vikings raped muslims and took their jewellery.
And stop posting this thread all the time you autist.

people see what they want to see.
>Sup Forums sees swastikas
>sweden sees islam
i see a bunch of shekels lying around

It could be because he killed some goat fuckers and took something of theirs as a prize?

that way could work only one way from northern parts of the globe to soust parts.

Have you ever seen "Allah" written in Arabic?
It's literally three vertical strokes and a loop.
You knit |||o|||o||| into a sweater and interpret that as "Allah"? My God, Sweden is really pathetic these days!

>Be proud strong pagan alpha viking
>travel the world
>Battle
>visit distant shores and wondrous places
>battle
>pick up some souvenirs
>go home
>eventually die
>get buried with souvenir bracelet

>many years later
>faggot ancestor digs up your sacred burial pit
>claims your a muslim based on your novelty purchase

>It is an Arabic word for god.
The Arabic word for god is "ilah", not "allah". One l less and the hanza goes under, not over.

>writes Swedish journalist Tharik Hussain

In the original article it says British Journalist from London

Historically, pagans tend to be quick to adopt the gods of other peoples.

This is such an obvious fabrication it's not even funny.

ASALAAM ALEIKUM.

WE WUZ VIKINGS N SHIT, PHAM.

WE BEEN LIVING IN SWEDEN FOR 1000 YEARS

NOW OPEN THE BORDERS AND LET OUR BROTHERS IN TO SHARE THE BLONDE WOMEN

Clearly a depiction of an eternal snake/dragon which was common in those areas. There is nothing Arabic about this at all.

They had plenty of their own, though, and their own gods came with lots of good stories to tell around a fireside. Not with endless dronings like the Koran. Seriously, go to a library and pick up a Koran. Go and see if you can stand the drivel of endless repetitions for more than two pages.

They stole wives from everywhere. Do you want people to insult your intelligence? They found Chinese artifacts to it doesn't mean they're Taoist.

The researched had to use mirror imaging to get the word to appear in the first place. It's more likely they are swastikas and sun crosses but in the event it is some sort of Islamic reference It's much more logical to assume they just mimicked something they saw. This "researcher" has an agenda though and is basically trying to say that Islam = Scandinavia which is fucking retarded

some of the Varangians who served in Al Andalus, Cordoba and Cadiz under the sultans converted to Islam, yes. This is hardly news.

it's pretty well described in Roede Orm (Worm The Red), all though he himself is fictional.

Written by (((DAVID GREENBURG)))
>Checks flag
oh makes sense.

I'm not really sure about that considering Paganism was really only stopped through violent suppression. And in many cases Pagan ceremonies, rituals, and belief systems were co-opted into Christianity.

Meanwhile archeologists in Sweden are destroying historical artifacts as they find them.

>YOU HAVE NO CULTURE GOY

returnofkings.com/128167/swedish-museum-accelerates-their-cultural-collapse-by-turning-viking-artifacts-into-scrap-metal
>Following a recent surge in excavations aimed at construction that are occurring all over Sweden, the museum excavators are instructed to recycle unearthed iron elements into scrap metal following the pretext that “it would take too much resources to process, identify and store them.” The findings are usually quickly disposed of in order to make way for construction machines and building workers.
>This was kept secret until this week’s declarations by Johan Runer, archaeologist at the said museum. He tried to raise the alarm before but only met indifference from the Liberal Swedish Media. According to Runer, this has been going on since at least 2016

((((BBC))))

here is your (you).

also white hate spacing thread ...

Assalamualaikum. My fellow Aryans.

I wonder what real Swedes think of what's going on?

>the viking reverse cucking
I'm not sure how to feel about this.

kæk

>the vikings embroidered the word "allah" in modern english so therefore they must have been muslims.

Really strangles the strangers.

Naw. clearly vikings were Muslim and delcared Jihad on the world. Finally Islam is returning to Scandinavia.

DELETE THIS RIGHT FUCKING NOW

This Swede seems to think so.

Except for the notes that he cites, I guess
>DA JOOS
pathetic

>i see a bunch of shekels lying around
Underrated.