LoGH

The upcoming adaptation is going to be good right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5QU0L5YU3Zk
youtube.com/watch?v=eRI5eWWZIpo
youtube.com/watch?v=2uR5SF4fx9Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It is.

Uh-uh.

Dunno, nothing has been shown yet. Have faith in Production I.G.

Jesus Christ

Well apparently Tanaka is going to be more involved this time, he wasn't really involved at all with the OVA series.

Anyone read the novels now they have an English release?

REINHARDO SAMA

It's gonna be shit. The only reasons I.G. picked it up is for the fujo bucks. Instead of political ideologies and morality the characters are gonna ponder their own sexuality.

If this ginger fuck says that one more time I swear to god I am going to set myself on fire.

>dying of clanaids before it was cool

n-n-no

I think at BEST it's going to be another Tytania. That's the best case scenario.

I really hope they fix some of the plotlines too. If they would fix Julian and the Earth Cultists it would be a superior adaption, which is super rare

>mfw looking forward to some shitty JPop songs they'll use

Nothing will top Kei Ogura's EDs.
youtube.com/watch?v=5QU0L5YU3Zk

Close, but implying anything will ever top this

youtube.com/watch?v=eRI5eWWZIpo

Will Oberstein be a cute girl?

No.

A remake that makes space battles at least seem like they are won by something other than plot armor would be enough for me

How do you suggest that they fix them?

Earth Cultists are the weakest part. Product of the time really.

Need to keep Julian watching the history docs though.

You can't really, might be best to just get rid of them. They're meant to play the terrorist/theocracy angle, but not enough time or development is given to them really.

But then they play a pretty important part, you still need terrorists to kill Yang so i don't know how you would get rid of them, or change the whole situation that happens.

I'm currently working through the first volume in Japanese, using the English translation as a reference.
Good times so far. The novels pack a lot of worldbuilding and detail that either couldn't fit in the OVA's, or was merely buried in the scenery. So sometimes you get shit like "those trees were called so-and-so but nobody remembered why" and sometimes you get paragraphs going into detail about the tank beds or the differences between Spartanians and Valkyries.
Just buy the damn novels so Viz doesn't give up on the franchise and leave everyone hanging

Have these loonies do it? I don't know, the terrarists are a useful scapegoat since actually making any of the more notable characters responsible for yangs death would change the story up quite a bit.

Attenborough doesn't actually exist in the novels, does he?

Would it really have made that much of a difference if he had died of some disease instead of a terrorist attack?
Hell, they could have made him catch clannaids during his encounter with Reinhard. Opera-tier stuff right there.

Who's the smartest ? Yang, Reinhard, Kircheis, Julian, certainly not Oberstein?

Well you already have Reinharddying to a illness, so you can't really do it with both can you?

It's significant thematically, which is why i don't know how you could change it.

They are way out of the picture by then, and again, don't fit thematically. You already have so much internal strife in the Republic played out early on in the series, so there is no need repeating it. It's supposed to be an external act.

Haven't gotten far enough (I'm only at the part where Rubinski and Boltec are gleefully discussing the battle of Astaate) to say for sure.

But I did hear that rumor, and the list of characters on the inside cover of the English translation lists Poplan but not Attenborough.

I guess the idea is that it's pretty sudden, a random disease wouldn't have nearly the same impact. Reinhard is dying from his fucking clannaids for the last third of the series, practically.

Bittenfeld is the smartest because he made the deduction that trying to outsmart the savants in every fleet was a waste of time as opposed to just charging them.

If it's an external act it's hard to lump it on someone else without it seeming more contrived than it already appeared to be. The PKC wouldn't make sense since it would imply truniht had something to do with it, but there aren't that many handy groups of murderhobos that could do the same thing the terrarists did.

Yang, because he's the authors self-insert.

He's there as an original because otherwise Yang would just consist of internal monologues through the early episodes.

Actually, nevermind, just have this clown do it.

Be prepared for disappointment.

You are now reminded that literally millions of people are dying like this in every single pointless skirmish.

youtube.com/watch?v=2uR5SF4fx9Q

It's gonna have a modern art style and use digital effects, so even if it's a 10/10 masterpiece, the nostalgiafags thaty make up 90% of the LOTGH fanbase will hate it anyway.

The OVA's had QUALITY all over the place and the remasters almost made it worse by using sometimes incompatible styles to patch up the original.

There might be whining about the character designs, especially if they take notes from the current manga adaptation, but I can't imagine anyone will seriously complain about the animation.

Do I need to watch the OVA's to get into the new adaptation? I only watched the 110 episoder.

This
There's very instances of actual good animation going in the show, which is understandable given that it's mostly people talking to each other, but the production value varied a lot between episodes. Like psychedelic dream Yang.

It's not going to be as good because the OVAs were mostly a labor of love done over a long period for the fans, while the new adaptation is largely being done for purely commercial reasons.

you can do only so much with shitty source material

I don't understand why this hasn't been made into an image macro yet.

They won't complain about the animation, but they'll make vague, almost esoteric complaints about the art style and effects like "this new clean look has no soul or personality" and "digital animation is killing the craftsmanship of art". Go through the archive and find the thread for the reveal of what the new Patlabor reboot would look like a few weeks ago. It'll be the exact same shit when the first proper PV for new LOTGH comes out.

If history is anything to go by it won't.

I heard that he exists, but he doesn't show up until one of the later volumes.

Even as a commercial effort, they would invest in designs (both character and mechanical) to score merch sales, and keep animation quality good to avoid turning away those casual viewers who aren't committed to the story.

They are likely to cut corners in adapting the plot, though. They'd probably dumb down the politics and history, add time skips to rush forward the plot and add gaiden-material flashbacks to please the fujo audience with adolescent versions of the leading characters. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see them cut out entire campaigns and factions, just to keep the series focused on the personal battle between Yang and Reinhard.

>dumb down the politics and history
There really won't be much left if they downsize it any further. It's pretty barebones as is.

>yfw it's only 12 episodes

Do you have any more of these Laser Disc covers?

Unfortunately not. I did have them all and a lot more LoGH stuff, but i lost most of my LoGH images. You could try the archive.

I think you're selling LoGH short here.
It's not like those political fiction works where the author drills down into one environment and gives you complete coverage, but you've got dozens of characters who play significant parts in one or more of several different political systems:
>old Republic government
>Alliance military
>Alliance government
>Empire military
>Empire government
>Empire court
>Empire pretenders
>Phezzan
>geopolitical system
As for history, the author frequently drops the main story to drop into history lessons. Each one of those could easily fit into an in-universe history textbook (the OVA's actually adapted the prologue from the first novel into an in-universe documentary).

Thanks for the reminder. Just placed an order on volume 2.

I'd rather have the new anime expand of Katerose other than being Schenkop's daughter and Julian's love interest.

1. Have her assist Julian, Poplan, and Mashengo/Machungo in attacking the Terraist headquarters in Earth, in that, Yang hears of her practicing close quarters combat and has her assigned to Julian in order to learn from him.

2. Help Julian, Poplan, and Attenborough avenge Yang near the end of the story.

Are they going to change the voice cast for the characters' actors who are still alive? I'd rather not have Nakata and Wakamoto replaced.

I sure as fuck hope they keep the axe battles, maybe even spice them up. I fucking loved me some axe battles, even if they seem kinda silly

LIBERTY STANDS FOR FREEDOM

The OVA was glorious. I'm not really sure another one is necessary.

Like some anons say, it's probably only for the fujo bucks. If you're a fujo, kill yourself.

yeah, because the OVA didn't have any fujo at all

HAHAHAH what the fuck

I remember Kircheis's death getting spoiled for me in a fucking next episode preview that pissed me off so much why would they do that

Because it was made for fans of the series who would already know what was going to happen anyway. Next episode previews are generally shit anyway

I can't wait for the sick cgi ship battles!

gonna post one more and leave before the despair of knowing how much of a potential trainwreck this adaptation may be

Why would something good happen?
Remakes are a cancer.

Friendly reminder that there were a handful of 3D monitors which showed how the formations weren't thick cheese wedges

Don't get your hopes high.

Roll

It clearly didn't. So yes, do kill yourself.

This is basics if you are a sc player

>The upcoming adaptation is going to be good right?
Very little they could improve on and a great deal they could fuck up.
It's going to be shit.