Sinuously...

Sinuously, what would have been the chances getting the LoTR films in the current year considering todays political climate?

How lucky were we?

Just imagine the shitstorm leftist would start because they didn't get to see a negro elve nailing Arwen.
There would be 1000 page essays about Gandalf the White and the symbolism behind it.
"Where are dwarfs of color?" the headlines would read...

Years ago I was furious about the fact that J.R.R.Tolkien's grand kids didn't want to sell the rights for the rest of his works and the rights for spinoffs/prequels/or whatever hollywood wanted to make with the LoTR writing on it.

But now I know better. It would have ended like Starwars and new generations would grow up with a completely new memory of LoTR, unrecognizable from the original series.

LoTR stayed pure and wasn't dragged through muddy waters...and that makes me appreciate the series even more.

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtontimes.com/news/2015/aug/13/john-rhys-davies-decries-extraordinary-silence-in-/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

LOTR is /ourfandom/.

People get pissed off about the video games now because they say the depiction of the orcs is racist. They say they look and behave similar to blacks. Because they loot and wreck anyplace they swarm into and murder each other in large numbers, I guess.

I actually vaguely remember a hiphop song from around 2003 where the rapper was talking about not wanting to see LOTR because all the actors were white.

But yeah you are correct, there would be a shitstorm today

thank God we still have anime

Dont worry. Lake Town seemed to of spawned the first black and asian in middle earth in the first hobbit movie.

The Witcher 3 staff are pretty based when they were challenged about NO BLACKS.

Too bad The Hobbit was ruined by WB's leftist agenda. Also, fun fact, the whole Dwarf-Elf romance was Guillermo Del Toro's idea, not Peter Jackson's. Guillermo had a shit concept for his version of The Hobbit, and bailed like the little bitch he is. WB practically forced PJ to come in and make the movies using Guillermo's concept. He did the best he could, but they still turned out to be shit. Didn't help that they added black people and women where they really shouldn't be in the universe. Also John Rhys Davies did an interview a while back about how LOTR predicted the shitstorm facing western civilization today. washingtontimes.com/news/2015/aug/13/john-rhys-davies-decries-extraordinary-silence-in-/

John Rhys Davies is pretty based.

the hobbit film was released just 3 years ago and there wasn't any outrage

Huh, I didn't realize it at the time but no blacks in that game made it significantly more immersive and fun

They had the muh stronk female character, that was enough

Bladerunner 2049 had only one nigger in it and he had about three lines

Funny thing is, there actually are black and Asian-like races on the planet where LOTR takes place. They're on the outskirts or beyond Middle-Earth, though, which is why they don't feature heavily in the books or movies.

Muslim bosnia would be on the orcs side, no doubt of that.

Anime creators fell in love with US animation at the time when Reagan was using Saturday morning cartoons to promote American values. Ergo a lot of anime also goes dick hard for sense of Justice and selflessness. It resonates with Japanese and for that we are getting it back to us through their interpretation.

The outrage came when the Tolkien Editor recut the movie to remove all the pointless shit, including the elf/dwarf love story. Some leftists got salty that people were excited for a fan edit that removed a strong female character

I think about this every time I watch it. And considering that this was the last great big budget cinematic achievement before the West became fully kiked, the ending with the elves and co departing forever becomes interestingly symbolic.

Kek

Maybe when we fix the planet we can make a 10 film Silmarillion series

> Everyone in this film is so white!
> Why are there no gay characters?
> They obviously use orcs as a metaphor for us Lanix people!
> Did you notice how all the Sauron's crows are black???
> The fact that they don't show female dwarves is plain misogyny!
> I like how the Elvish queen asserts herself and makes all the decisions and the Elvish king is just basically there!

At least they would have liked the last one.

>Doramead Mithrildigger
Coincidence.

Idris Elba
We wuz 007