Extinct Animal Reintroduction

What does Sup Forums think of the government and conservation agencies reintroducing mountain lions (cougars) to the American East? Pic related was captured on a trail cam by someone I know here in East Tennessee. The recent sightings and confirmation by the TWRA (Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency) has caused a serious controversy among people living here. A lot of people are worried that their livestock will be killed by these things, which is a large part of why they were killed off in the first place.

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2162789/Mass-grave-giant-wombats--size-RHINO.html
youtube.com/watch?v=gFUWJUy0i04
youtube.com/watch?v=ysa5OBhXz-Q
chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/editorials/ct-deer-cougar-animals-suburbs-mountain-lion-edit-0724-jm-20160722-story.html
youtube.com/watch?v=pxo8X5uIWRE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They should put them in areas with hog problems.

Also notice the tracking collar in the original post, indicating that it is indeed a reintroduced animal. Here is the other picture.

That's a healthy looking cat. Must be living it up over there.

tumblr?

dumb shit driven by overeducated idiots

holy fuck the top predators in an ecosystem are least important

What would be their point in reintroducing them? You think there is something sinister behind it?

Say that to the wolves of Yellowstone

They do it because they want to try to restore the ecosystem to what it used to be. But as pointed out, this isn't really the best approach to ecosystem rebuilding. Also, as you can see, those things are terrifying. If you don't live in the forest it might not be easy to imagine, but some people might actually end up face to face with one of them.

dem eyes in the back

The government shouldn't be playing god

Now those eastern faggots are gonna hear them cry into the night.
Well, I already got them, but as a heads up the scream like a woman in distress and can mimic a crying child.
Good luck!

>No fun allowed.

Reduce deer population to avoid road hazards.

oh yeah man wolves are so much more important than micro-organisms

that shit would have sorted itself out

I live in northeast Texas and the TP&W is trying to re-introduce red wolves, black bears, and panthers.

I used to live in the areas these things hung out. We had sightings, and one summer a bunch of dogs went missing, but I never saw one myself. I spent a lot of time in the woods, and I always feared that I'd encounter one of them.

>but some people might actually end up face to face with one of them.
Like every fucking day in the Rocky Mountains. This just means you gotta know what to do when you do come across one, and that if really is a big deal you'll need to start carrying rifles with you everywhere you go like the good ol days with the woodland folk

underrated

They'd all get hunted back into extinction

no, they stop overgrazing and allow many more young trees to mature which has an amazing effect on the ecosystem

There are deer hunters that lease areas on our farm part of the year, and one of them said he got stalked by a panther in tall grass. My family/neighbors have a bunch of other stories about panthers going back to the 1800s, when a woman took her toddler son to a creek to wash clothes, and he got killed by one.

>Panthers
ok they don't need reintroduction. They are the perfect feline killing machine, their eyes are the best predatory eyes of any other cat. Camouflage wont save you, staying still wont save you, man I hope they know what they're doing with those cats. Cougars are fucking child's play compared to Panthers.

had to hear it for myself. shit's unnerving.

The deer is missing an arm

>TFW they jump-down on people from trees

>american getting killed

GOOD

GOOOOOOOOOOOD

New drop bear meme with panthers when?

look at that sweet kitty cat

Jesus Hymen Christ!
It was all we could do to kill them off the first time to keep them from mauling and killing our pets and livestock!

You could use some Darwinism.

>Why can't I hold all these deer?

Must be shooped, there is no blowjob.

Yes but they are a lot meaner than their more tame counterparts that we already have.

My mom, aunt, and uncle were riding horses, (well, my mom had to ride a mule cuz she was the youngest), when they were about 10-12, and they heard a panther screaming late one evening. My aunt and uncle left my mom behind, and the mule just kinda trotted slowly back to the house. She was afraid she was gonna die the whole time; when they go back, my grandma scolded them, and my grandpa kept telling everybody to shut-up so they could hear it (it was still audible at their house). She described it as sounding like when that woman in Psycho got stabbed, like a somewhat deep-toned screech.

Shit's spooky.

hahahahahhaahahahhahaha

They would really work wonders for the overpopulation of hogs. Other than that its playing with fire.

>worried that their livestock will be killed by these things
Well not only that, but if you are hunting too, something which is big here, they are going to take a big toll on the game you got avaliable.

As we have protested here all along, they numbers of moose have now been confirmed to have dropped to record low levels here, so hunters were worried that they wouldn't fell a single one even. You know when you reintrodce it the local wildlife, no longer know how to defend them selves against them, and this causes mayor problems.

Also we've had a lot of problem with them in several areas, where they get to close to the local population. Not only have they cilled alot of sheep in part(they can as you know sometimes kill all of them just for the sport of it), but they have gone into peoples yards even when they were at home and killed their dogs, tons of these examples now.

So yeah it is very controversial indeed, we don't got these cats here though so I don't know how they behave.

When it came to the moose there, just a few years ago we had to kill 100k of them, so they all wouldn't starve and now there is not enough.

Pic related is a project that went OK though, moskoxes, we got them back from greenland so they have been up in the mountain certain areas since the 50ies I think. Just don't get too close and they don't cause shit. We hunted them extinct here ages ago

HAIL SATAN

lions in middle east and greece
camels, elephants, hippos, buffalos

like 12000 years ago. fucking yes

Is that what you call your cock these days?

I live in rural, mountainous Utah and we’ve got tons of cougars and they stay away from us like the plague because humans are apparently the scariest shit these things have seen.
All you pussies in the East Know fuck all about cougars.

>Panthers
A panther isn't a species, it's a genetically defective Jaguar or Leopard

Get some fucking predators you are reducing your ecosystem capabilities because you feel slightly threatened, we barely even see the big felines here.

what was reintroduced, wolves?

cats are less problematic because they don't hunt in packs, a 50lb cat wouldn't normally kill anything over 200lbs

Yeah because we baggem and taggem.

>missing arm
>implied arm salute
the deer on the right a nazi

Cougars aren't even closely related to other big cats which are all in Panthera. They're basically just overgrown Felinae which accounts for all the tiny cats in the world.

i have heard this from someone in the collision repair industry, with no evidence of course.
care to name your source?

They avoid humans too we have like six types of felines and we never see them.

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2162789/Mass-grave-giant-wombats--size-RHINO.html

Do it fagets!

We literally carnivorous crocs that lived in trees, 4 meter tall kangaroos that had the strength to literally rip you open and eat your entrails, 8 meter long monitor lizards and 'cats' the size of lions that were marsupials kinda like a 4 legged kangaroo but just a bigger Tasmanian tiger.

Also I would ride into war on my battle wombat and crush you all in your cars like sickly knock kneed faggots.

Come visit cunts

yeah it's wolves that cause a lot of problems here now, not only you with peoples dogs and sheep, but local wild life as well.

We had some here, but their numbers have increased a lot and those who live in areas, got livestock and do hunt have warned against this for like forever now, it's enough again and we need to thin numbers. It's a big political thing each time and they have actually been demonstraing(not like antifa and those idiots) in front of parliament, because those citiy faggots never listen to reason, know nothing off nature and just watch puffy animal eyes on the TV you know

We also got a lot of wildhogs that's spreading, those are not wanted(even though they too were once native here), and you can just shoot as many as you want anytime a year

>this causes mayor problems

Lmao what are mayor problems user? lmao mayor problems.

Oh shit guys we've got some governor problems over here.

Lmao mayor problems... I think you mean MAJOR problems user

haha classic

lmao

They won't do any more harm than the invasive species already introduced to every country thanks to globalist fuckery.

You fucking pussy op. Mountain lions are harmless I've seen many over the years.

The marsupial "lion" was just a big meat eating wombat.

Underrated

You know what else does that? Increased bag limits for human hunters. Every predator in the world, especially big game predators can be replaced in an ecosystem by humans with no effect on the ecosystem.

Where is the gay blowjob?

JUst like your women

Now gib

they are basically like whales you know, they leave our fish alone, but they take our moose and they take our sheep

youtube.com/watch?v=gFUWJUy0i04
no translation on this, but in this one case here, well the same wolf has been at this farmer multiple times.
In one case it
>ran off with his electric fence
>took all his sheep
>drank all his booze
>crashed his car in the barn
>smoked his cigarette and fell a sleep with it in bet, setting fire to his house
it costs a lot material damage user
>I think it beat his wife too

>What does Sup Forums think of the government and conservation agencies reintroducing mountain lions (cougars) to the American East?

As with many conservation efforts the left parades around, it's all egocentric. Millions of species have lived and died on the earth. Species going extinct is normal and a part of nature, as is the climate changing. These are not "problems" per say that man created because we aren't the cause of it. And even if man created them, the whole concept of a "problem" is also a human conception. The earth isn't sentient, and no other beast on this planet knows what's going on besides us. We don't even understand ourselves enough to know what we should be striving for and why. The heart of conservation is merely to preserve OUR environment and feel good about ourselves. It's completely selfish, which is ok. But people shouldn't act like it isn't.

To understand liberals, you must understand the fundamental mindset of a leftist. They carry with them a deep-seated guilt and self-loathing towards their existence, a form of nihilism. It's part of their psyche. And they project and express this self-loathing through general animosity towards humanity as a whole and all the "problems" we create by simply existing on this rock. Some truly feel bad, others really don't. But both come together in order to be sanctimonious. Sanctimony is wine to libs. Above all else they want to be praised. Every cause serves this single goal.

They will fix the climate. They will stop animals from dying. They will fix poverty and human suffering. They hope that through contrition (false or not), they can cure their self-loathing by controlling and fixing everything they deem to be a problem. It is their penance we all must pay for, all because they simply hate themselves.

But I digress.

Urban people will love it because they will never encounter cougars. Rural and Suburban will dislike the reintroduction and the effect would be more people carrying around weapons once word gets around that cougars have been spotted in their county. Cougars start to get killed from encounters with people, urbans start blaming.

>Just like our women
You WISH our women had indestructible asses.

Your current state of affairs pale in comparison, leafposter.

It's a leg you fucking retarded nip.

Bog Nogs always try and destroy fat arse women's bitches with their dicks. But factually it's the HIV and anal herpes that really destroys them

Yeah, we got rid of these things for a reason.

just kill em all off that are danger to humans along with bears lions in africa etc , worthless animals that cannot be trusted outside of autism zookeepers raised as kittens etc.

they must go , machines can handle ecosystem better than they can also remove all the deers and other faggot useless animals that cant be used as cattle.

mountain lions used to live in the NE? I'm guessing they were killed off for a reason. Most people in the NE would not like these things in their backyard.

Deer are majestic n' sheeit.

cool and agreed but weve dna for that and cloning nowadays , no need to let these worthless animals because of their "beauty run around" outside of hunting grounds for meat , just like fishing where you pay XX sum of entry fee and keep whatever you get plus taxes / small fee if muey bueno fish.

>implying that isnt me in the photo

youtube.com/watch?v=ysa5OBhXz-Q

I completely support reintroduction of apex predators
I also completely support someone shooting them if they threaten their safety/property

this is all true, it's as if Ted would have written it.

This is an a LOT of share ignorance, pic related is a demo for hunting more of the wolves, they are people that live and deal with the wolves. There were ofc also then demonstrations for letting the wolves be and you just go on an increase in their numbers.
>guess who that was?
It was all leftie city type people wich probably never caught as much as a fucking cod their entire life. They can't even tell a moose from a fucking deer.

Took me a second.

that deer is just being suicidal user, it want you to shoot it in the heart

Fuck no.
We have have way too many here.
I want machine guns on my car for mating season.

Son of a bitch
>speaking of the devil
>I hear this danish actor in the background
>He be on a TV show here
>Yeah I start to work with the UN you know (because he is a tarded actor)
>So I know about climate change you know
>As I have a greenlandic wyfu and two kids
>So I see it very much there
EACH TIME, EACH FUCKING TIME

Bitch please, I was sittin on top of a mountain in the blue ridge 25 years ago and a cat let off with a scream behind me. Bout shit my pants, grabbed a light and a gun but couldn't find it. They've always been here. Y'all just live in cities and don't know it. A hundred years ago people would keep pine straw next to their fireplaces so when a cat started coming down that could make it flare up fast. Sheesh, city people.

yeah, reverting centuries worth of hard, much needed work done by red blooded americans is actually really fucking stupid

A lot of counties off the books actually do reintroduce mountain lions back into areas they have gone extinct in to lower the deer population.

big predators keep the grazers constantly spooked and on the move though unlike seasonal human hunters.

That's exactly what it worries them, damn trigger crazy bastards, they will gladly had cougars to kill if they weren't so damn effective.

Bobcats are returning to my area of Ohio
Someone found this one back in July

Wut the actual fuck?

> American retard
> we wuz a shit

Die with your rage

Stop killing pretty valuable shit.

chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/editorials/ct-deer-cougar-animals-suburbs-mountain-lion-edit-0724-jm-20160722-story.html

>They're basically just overgrown Felinae which accounts for all the tiny cats in the world.
That's probably why the second half of this video looks like my cat just fucking around.
youtube.com/watch?v=pxo8X5uIWRE

The spread of large predators across the US could be a good thing for wild life. Its a step against the spread of foot and mouth disease in deer. The white tail population here is already at record levels.
Issue is that one kid gets eaten by a wolf or big cat then everyone will cry about it and demand they be eradicated. Then we're back to square one with herbivore niggers eating themselves into starvation and becoming progressively inbred.

I'm perfectly fine with predators becoming more pervasive as a means to protect the ecosystem. More people should grow up carrying rifles.

i say we release ligers

I say rather than kill them, we trap them and release them in the areas where the libs who support this stupid shit live. You know: NYC, LA, Chicago, SF, Berkeley, etc.

What problems do bobcats even cause?

This

Bobcats have a lot of the same issues that coyotes do, except they won't be friendly enough to take handout food from a dumb unsuspecting suburban liberal.
They get way too confident being near civilization then they start eating people's pet.

It's a good thing. A lot of conservatives/right wing people are for conservation of natural spaces and wildlife. Hunters are some of the biggest advocates of keeping green space for wild animals.