West Point alum exposes how West Point has gone to shit

medium.com/@UlisseRJ/open-letter-to-grads-from-ltc-ret-heffington-659dac71511f

The high points
-----------------
>>West Point is no longer an elite school but basically a glorified community college where EVERYONE passes

>>Cheating is rampant and the system to expel cheaters has been shut down due to the administration being too lazy to do the paperwork, resulting in a rigged honor court where students are routinely found not guilty, while any staff that reports them are attacked/put on trial for the sin of giving a shit.

>>Cadets routinely break rules regarding grooming and no longer are bound by iron clad rules regarding being made to wear their uniforms at all times/standards regarding keeping their uniforms in tip top condition when worn.

>>School routinely brings in ringers for their sports teams, many of whom are borderline retarded and yet stay in the Academy, even after they fail to even win in their respective sports field.

>>They changed their rules so that students can flunk as many classes as they like, then take it again during summer and get passed.

>>Administration routinely bullies and terrorizes staff who try and enforce the Academy's standards of conduct and behavior, because no one gives a shit.

The writer also states he knew Spenser Rapone (IE Cadet Commie) and implies that everyone in the teaching staff knew he was trouble but that everyone was powerless to expel him because any attempt to do so would have been squashed by TPTB at the Academy. Resulting in him doing the shit he did with the pictures and Twitter feed, because he knew the top brass at West Point would cut a bitch who tried to expel him over his Commie supporting bullshit.

Other urls found in this thread:

navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2017/10/09/i-now-hate-my-ship-surveys-reveal-disastrous-morale-on-cruiser-shiloh/
youtube.com/watch?v=YENImIdmpx4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bump

That’s a shame. I used to think the military academies were some last uncucked universities.

bump the shit out of this. this is an outrage. I am seething with anger as I read it

While he doesn't name names, you can tell who is to blame for this shit: Obama.

Obama wanted to let the wrong people take over the military and one of the best way to corrupt and infect the officer class of the military, is to corrupt the Academies themselves.

Where has my country gone

that was the vibe I got as well. Clearly things were not an issue in the 90s or early 2000s. How the fuck was this allowed to happen. If anyone scrolling is too lazy to read, here's the main point:

>I will sum up by saying this: a culture of extreme permissiveness has invaded the Military Academy, and there seems to be no end to it. Moreover, this is not unintentional; it is a deliberate action that is being taken by the Academy’s senior leadership, though they refuse to acknowledge or explain it.
Conduct and behavior that would never be tolerated at a civilian university is common among cadets, and it is supported and defended by the Academy’s senior leaders in an apparent and misguided effort to attract more applicants and cater to what they see as the unique needs of this generation of cadets. Our beloved Military Academy has lost its way. It is a shadow of what it once was. It used to be a place where standards and discipline mattered, and where concepts like duty, honor, and country were real and they meant something. Those ideas have been replaced by extreme permissiveness, rampant dishonesty, and an inexplicable pursuit of mediocrity.

why do you care?
half of the budget goes to contractors

they will keep your country afloat

fuck off, Russian slide

Explains why so many officers were shit

Its like this in the active Army too. People who should of never made it through basic and AIT getting to line units and maybe finally kick them out there. People just dont want to do the paper work or just generally dont give 2 shits.
I can count on 1 hand in the ten years I was in the number of people that somehow got Art15 and turned themself around.

NOT A RUSSIAN THREAD WE NEED TO MAKE OUR COUNTRY STRONG AGAIN

See who are some of the ex-uniform folks that taught there some years ago, and you will find this highly unsurprising

>slide
bump

U.S. taxpayers are certainly getting your money's worth on that $1 Trillion + Military-industrial complex budget! top kek :)

you might blame communism or jewish subversion, but this sounds like good old decadence to me t b h

>dishonesty, and an inexplicable pursuit of mediocrity.

Instead of scrambling to restore West Point to what it once was, the Academy’s senior leaders give cadets more and more privileges in a seeming effort to turn the institution into a third-rate civilian liberal arts college. Unfortunately, they have largely succeeded.

Press F

This was quite poorly copypasted of me. The Cadetschool of Internet Memes I graduated from would be disappointed indeed.

The rare flag guise?!

New fag, guise?

Purge all commies

Don't talk shit about the USNA.

Sorry I had to just once, I humbly walk out now.

Officers are shit. Enlisted do the work. Officers get the credit. The Army is a glorified nigger plantation and nobody at the top works.

Gonna post this, then make some comments.

1/5

2/5

>"Pray we never have to shoot down a missile"
>“If we went to war I felt like we would have been killed easily and there are (people) on board who wanted it to happen so we could just get it over with,”

navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2017/10/09/i-now-hate-my-ship-surveys-reveal-disastrous-morale-on-cruiser-shiloh/

4/5

5/5

This really isn't surprising, mediocrity is taking over in America

>Be me
>Go into Marine Corps after high school with my best friend.
>Best friend is Marine's Marine gets Marine of the quarter every quarter CO notices
>CO and base commandant want him to go to Annapolis write recommendations.
>Also needs approval of congressman.
>Old senile Dem congressman won't meet with him or his family, nor will he recommend him to go. Need to make an adequate donation to get considerd.
>Drags out until asshole congressman looses to a Rep who has a bad reputation of being a kook.
>Kook approves him as soon as it crosses his desk and checks up on him periodically
>MFW

TLDR: Most people going get there because they can bribe congressmen, you end up with shit officers

>How to fix?
Require all candidates serve at least 2 years enlisted before they can be considered.

I graduated from USMA about ten years ago. Ultimately, unfortunately, the problem is America. The raw material just isn't the same. There's no way Current Year America can to operate the West Point of 1955, or 1965, or 1995 for that matter? The original letter-writer graduated in NINETEEN SIXTY-THREE. Women weren't even allowed to attend. I won't waste the time of anybody reading a Sup Forums thread about what's changed since then.

It took me a while to come around to this, but there are real reasons to cut certain athletes some slack academically if you're trying to build an officer corps. Yeah they need to pass, but the qualities of a good athlete can make up for a deficit in intellect when it comes to being an officer. From what I've seen, the overwhelming majority of cadets that put athletics over academics do so deliberately, are perfectly suitable officers, and the "problems" are limited to a single-digit number of athletes each year who enter the Academy hoping to go pro, usually in football. Most of them are weeded out one way or another.

Of course there is a general level of moral cowardice/malaise. Of course West Point can't kick people out just for being Communists. Like, what are we, McCarthy, lol? The Army couldn't kick out Nidal Hassan for being an extremist Muslim (Islamophobia!) and nearly ten years on from treason and mass murder they still can't manage to hang him thanks to the Current Year's idea of "due process".

Also, just lol that this conduct "wouldn't be acceptable at a civilian institution" buddy, take a look around you.

The bad parts of General Caslen's letter are the context-free listing of data (he needs historical trends to properly rebut Heffington's allegations), some bullshit boilerplate (diversity), some table-banging (how dare you call me a liar, muh 42 years). Then again, he's never been an intellectual type.

His best point is about combat performance. And I agree with him. A lot of shit is talked, but there's really not a lot to complain about at the junior officer level; they put in a good show in the last wars. Then again, there hasn't been much fighting in almost ten years now; it's possible that everything cratered since 2012 or something. But Heffington didn't make that allegation. Ultimately, I think he's disturbed (rightly) by the changes in America, but he just wrote about USMA because that's what he knows best.

The problem with Cadet Commie was that he has spent some time in the shit. Dude had/has a CIB. No amount of enlisted service would have changed him. He was fucked to the core.

Pitiful

>He was fucked to the core.

To the Marine Core?

He's way past eating crayons by now.

Back when I applied, I'm pretty sure those applying from active duty didn't need congressional recommendations. Mine was pretty straightforward -- I had a first-round interview with some staffers and volunteers, then the rep himself talked to me during a second round (since this is Sup Forums, no, I did not get molested).

>Require all candidates serve at least 2 years enlisted before they can be considered.

Likewise, it should be a requirement to work two years serving food in the cafeteria before you get hired as an engineer at Google.

They are, this is about West Point though and it is a fucking shame.

How can this be fixed? Could someone like pic related go in and uncuck it?

First three points are not true.
Source - brother is a professor there; at least two students last year were expelled for not doing well enough, at least one was expelled for academic misconduct. The honor code is alive and well there. Its very impressive and is actually a very prestigious school

Niggers need to update their uniform standards. He looks like some banana republic general with all that shit on his chest. Zero aesthetics.

He was in Afghanistan and Iraq war - two great american success stories. Also he was a head CIA nigger.

'17

I'm not surprised. youtube.com/watch?v=YENImIdmpx4

ICE leaking like a sieve. How will Trump respond?

Sounds like the typical Cultural Marxist ploy of subverting and rotting an Institution from the inside

100%
>Even the curriculum itself has suffered. The plebe American History course has been revamped to focus completely on race and on the narrative that America is founded solely on a history of racial oppression. Cadets derisively call it the “I Hate America Course.” Simultaneously, the plebe International History course now focuses on gender to the exclusion of many other important themes.

Marines as well towards the end of my enlistment. We started getting guys who were clearly not cut out for the infantry, possibly the marine corps period. One kid we got had massive panic attacks at the sight of blood. I'm talking hyperventilating, puking up bile. And volunteered for the infantry. After we had been in two fucking wars for like 10 years. We had good marines getting forced out by the lifeboat system because the only things they had on record were campaign ribbons and their combat action ribbon, while security force/B-billet faggots got NAMs, meritorious promotions, letters of commendation and whatnot so they looked great. But had no real experience in leading. It was a two pronged failure of the commanding officers in combat units to do the additional paperwork to document their marines' excellence (which is hard to fault, considering our OPs tempo, hard to fit in a couple of hours of extra paperwork a day when you're already burned out from 20 hours of you actual job) and Headquarters Marine Corps giving more weight to an easily rigged system and ignoring that intangible combat leadership quality and what makes a good marine.

How does ZOG plan on waging their wars without effective officers?

More bodies.

2 things.
>Contractors
You hire experts to do the complicated shit.

>Plug and play mentality
All the normies get cookie-cutter tactics that work most of the time. No strategic thinking required.

340 days until im finished with this horseshit

>Yeah they need to pass, but the qualities of a good athlete can make up for a deficit in intellect when it comes to being an officer.
I understand maintaining a highly athletic body in order to set physical standards and having a Chad-attitude, but wouldn't that cause problems in the long run, particularly if they wanted to surpass O3 in their military careers? I know that after after their cadet training, they'll have plenty of time afterwards to develop their leadership skills, but isn't West Point supposed to test your knowledge and leadership to see if you have the potential to lead in high ranking positions?

>They are the most diverse group in the history of West Point, and we are stronger for it.
This line, this fucking line right here is all it takes to know that he's full of shit and that Heffington's allegations are correct.

It should be the first priority of the president (yes, before healthcare, the wall, the Norks or Iran) to clean up this filth at West Point and in turn set a glowing example for all of academia.
If he allows this filth to persist, every victory will only be temporal and every defeat will be multiplied ten-fold.

Combat OPs for the Army more or less ended with Iraq. Very few units in the Army have seen anything since around 2009/2010. Afghanistan is still on going, but at a much lower intensity and was always primarily a Marines show, hence they get the most kinetic AOs. But even for us, deployments slowed way the hell down. No more back to back pumps, missions were far more passive and oriented towards training and supporting the ANA. I ended up straddling that line, came in where it was balls to the wall, did a couple of combat tours, left just as they started talking about service uniform Fridays and maybe, possibly women in combat arms. And the Army was always well ahead of us in terms of stupid bullshit.

Look at it this way: There have now been 2 full enlistment contracts since the last time the Army as a whole was in any kind of serious, widespread combat. That means the closest connection to any kind of actual combat leadership are Staff NCOs and maybe Captains. The vast majority of NCOs never deployed on a combat deployment, not a real one that wasn't just bullshit glorified support for the ANA, and that's if they were lucky. The new officers get to apply all the stupid bullshit they learned in OCS and whatever shithole ROTC or Academy they crawled out of in training environments without the cold, uncaring hand of combat experience slapping their stupid ideas on what constitutes proper Sips, proper morale building, priorities, and training regimens out of their boot heads. If they're lucky, they'll have Staff NCOs to reign them in. If they are very lucky, they'll have a Company Commander who has been in more than a few firefights there to instruct them properly. And if the enlisted are blessed, that boot fuck will listen.

Oh and keep in mind: those Staff NCOs and Officers with combat experience? All promoted and served under Obama, who put far more political pressure on the military to emphasize stupid shit like sexual assaults but quietly never mentioned how our equipment was worn out and falling apart, our men needed treatment for PTSD, and how fucked the VA was. And I believe Obama also started the shit about phasing out the pensions and letting the afghans start to lead patrols. Because fuck us, right?

Team athletics teaches leadership plenty well, it's not just about physical fitness; the academy is absolutely right about that. You just don't need to be a rocket scientist to be a senior officer. There are jock and nerd types in the Army as well, and a place for them.

Agree. About the slowdown in combat deployments, although the new trend now in the Army are high-tempo non-combat deployments to places like Korea and Europe. These are crushing morale imo.

Regarding Obama: the damage his promotions did was pretty much exclusively limited to general level. Some bullshit did trickle down of course, that's why you have generals, the biggest one being total suppression of dissent regarding women in combat arms. No one failed to pass the Lieutenant Colonel or Sergeant Major board because of Obama though.

The sexual assault emphasis was/is kind of stupid. Nobody disagrees that raping people is bad, it's just a waste of money with maybe the ulterior motive of forcing conformity on women in combat MOSs (which wasn't even needed, because they can just fire anyone that speaks up).

The Afghans had to start leading sometime, it's hard to fault him for that. Likewise eliminating pensions, there were some inherent faults to suddenly vesting at 20 years but the main problem is people living longer while fund yields declined.

Some of the most retarded people I served with were the best soldiers with the most combat knowledge and the first ones you would follow if everything went to shit.

Some of the smartest ones were complete idiots and almlost got you killed from every decision they made.

I just want an officer that can pass a land nav course and that knows when to STFU and let the senoir NCO's do their jobs. Thats all. All officers do is powerpoint presentations anyways.