Was Honey and Clover good?

Was Honey and Clover good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=upSPSsEmd4M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Veered a little too much to the teenage melodrama side for my liking.

Art style is a little ugly as well.

Umino garbage is never good.

First season was rather good.

Second season was a large disappointment.

Mayama was a fucking retard

>Honey and Clover aired 20 years ago

Is Shuuji a Lolicon?

First season, yes. Second is debatable.

It was awful. Sangatsu no Dandelion is a bit better.

Reminder they are the same Person

It explains why did Morita had all the hightech shit in his room and gone missing for weeks

yes

Started having small sized girl fetish from this

It's one of my favorites, although some aspects of season 2 keep it from being perfect, like Morita's whole revenge thing and the weird ending in terms of who Hagu ends up with.

Their friendship is really nice to watch, and it's probably one of my favorite groups in all of anime.

I don't think that Morita subplot was weird. I do hate how Hagu refuses to talk to Takemoto after his confession in season 1.

Makes it seem like it was one-sided on the guy's part and any romance not meant to be.

Rei is a lolicon too.

It's a classic user. Of course it's good.

Hagumi was a bit too codependent for me to see her as a romantic interest to anyone and it was fitting her carer had a crush on her.

This guy had someone who loved him dearly, but you can't really change who you love otherwise I'd consider him a fool.

What's it like to have a group of friends like this?

garbage anime character designs.

toradora is better

Hina is so sexual.

>sidemouth in 2016

Yamada was built for sex!

Yamada was too pure. A graduate student who is a virgin?

Split > Waltz

It was good.

I remember I liked it when it was on, but it's strange: I totally forgot about it. Now that this thread mentioned it, I can't recall a single scene from it, only the characters. Maybe it had nothing memorable or maybe it's time to rewatch it.

No fucking way. Clean out your ears.

Not even the twister?

I remember the rococo scene

You couldn't have forgotten Space Titanic could you?

I have a friend who is an artist that since watching it has an intensified fear of hurting her hands.

The manga was.

It's the best romance ever, dude

It was OK, a little melodramatic

Still one of my faves that I have to rewatch. Liked the guy that was after that older woman who was divorced/widowed or something like that.

Kimi ni Todoke is far more superior than this garbage. If you haven't watch it I suggest you should. Fuck honey and clover has too much forced drama.
>wah wah why don't I have any talent why won't anyone accept me!!!11

Kimi ni Todoke isn't anything like Honey & Clover. It's basically an experiment in how long people will read something with no romantic progress between the leads.

Kimi ni Todoke is a high school shoujo with a doormat female protagonist.

Honey & Clover is a college josei with a doormat male protagonist.

I wouldn't call her a doormat protagonist who gets pushed around like how the protagonist in honey and clover did. He basically has no backbone at all and does stupid shit to attract attention and thinks he would achieve something.

It's the best romance show of this millennium.

She's absolutely a doormat. The different between her and Takemoto is that her friends don't want her to grow out of her own shell so they take it upon themselves to coddle her whereas Takemoto is on his own for the most part.

Takemoto is the generic beta faggot who's indecisive and gets angry when things don't go his way.

It's kinda refreshing to see a normal romcom where theres little to none drama smashed in between arcs. Definitely one of my best romcom.

Kimi ni todoke right?

Wow really? How can so many people shit on this?
I love Honey and clover it is emotionally devastating to watch but that was probably because I was in college at the time and had no clue what I was doing or about girls.

Only things I did not like about it was
>Hagu's hamster mode(hated this shit about umaru too)
>Second season was hit and miss
>Hagu ends up with sensei
The last one is the worse, it would be better if she decided to be on her own and live her own life.
I mean the sensei thing came out of nowhere since he was her father figuire and cousin yet suddenly he is boasting and taunting Morita that Hagu is his?
Felt very off putting.

Still one of my favourite shows to watch, reminds me of summer and college.

watched Nana and loved it. Never got around to H&C. the small girl's design bugs me

Yes

Now that I think about it, not really. Like a few others have said, the first season was good but it fell apart abruptly during the second season. Hagu was a SHIT female mc who had no real character other than being a retarded looking loli who had "talent" to make up for it. Morita was amazing for the comedic timing, but they didn't even flush his character out before throwing him into the "love triangle". Overall the show started very well but its lack of character development or advancing plot within the latter season made it very forgettable.

Liked it. But I liked absolute boy more.

I want to carry Rika

I watched it for sugita and burnt waifu making the other girls life a nightmare.

One of the first anime I watched and I enjoyed it greatly

It's like a TV drama but animated.

I heard something about piss bags? Can somebody fill me in?

It was really boring, and I'm someone who finds Hyouka exciting

Great show, I did the same as the MC when I ended highschool, traveling around my country in my bicycle and sleeping outside in the nature.

That was the peak of Honey and Clover.
People get so butthurt over the ending they forget Takemoto had his own shit outside of Hagu and it was comfy as fuck.

This, the bike part was so good just yuta saying fuck it and bailing.
The whole story was just about growing up and moving, yes it did have a few stupid parts and wasn't perfect but a very good show none the less

It's great, easily 8/10 in my book.
There's a lot of 'feels' in this show, I'd say it's more about coming-of-age than it is about romance, so if that's what you're looking for you should give it a try.

it literally says in the title that it is going to have a bitter ending.
Sweet and bitter
One of the few animes to make me tear up. i especially loved the scene where Mayama convinces Ricka not to kill herself
With his magic penis.

>Was Honey and Clover good?

Literally the fucking best, I rewatch it about once a year

>Mayama was a fucking retard

I know Sup Forums is autistic and doesn't really know a lot about relationships and emotions but it straight up triggers me so fucking hard when people say this.

Yamada just wasn't his type. He already had a woman he loved and he was faithful to that. He wasn't like some kind of shittyass wishy-washy harem MC who keeps his childhood friend on a string as backup; he told Yamada straight up he only liked her as a friend from the start and stuck to that. He wasn't an idiot or an asshole for doing that, he was a honest man.

Something that this show did incredibly well was deal with the notion that effort will make people love you. It won't.

Best insert song:
youtube.com/watch?v=upSPSsEmd4M

>Something that this show did incredibly well was deal with the notion that effort will make people love you. It won't.
I'm worried that Umino will have 3gatsu's Rei be forced to learn this lesson too.

Show peaked with Takemoto's biking across Japan.

I'm watching it right now and what the fuck, I must have zoned out in multiple episodes because I only realized Hagu is an adult after 8 episodes. Why is a literal mentally retarded girl a main character and love interest? I would be less surprised about a regular loli being one.