Being gay is a CHOICE, stop lying to yourselves faggots

amazinghealth.com/13.06.24-identical-twin-studies-prove-homosexuality-is-not-genetic

>Eight major studies of identical twins in Australia, the U.S., and Scandinavia during the last two decades all arrive at the same conclusion: gays were not born that way.
“At best genetics is a minor factor,” says Dr. Neil Whitehead, PhD. Whitehead worked for the New Zealand government as a scientific researcher for 24 years, then spent four years working for the United Nations and International Atomic Energy Agency. Most recently, he serves as a consultant to Japanese universities about the effects of radiation exposure. His PhD is in biochemistry and statistics.
Identical twins have the same genes or DNA. They are nurtured in equal prenatal conditions. If homosexuality is caused by genetics or prenatal conditions and one twin is gay, the co-twin should also be gay.
“Because they have identical DNA, it ought to be 100%,” Dr. Whitehead notes. But the studies reveal something else. “If an identical twin has same-sex attraction the chances the co-twin has it are only about 11% for men and 14% for women.”
Because identical twins are always genetically identical, homosexuality cannot be genetically dictated. “No-one is born gay,” he notes. “The predominant things that create homosexuality in one identical twin and not in the other have to be post-birth factors.”

Other urls found in this thread:

psi.sagepub.com/content/17/2/45.full.pdf htmlf
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0051088
nature.com/ng/journal/v11/n3/abs/ng1195-248.html?foxtrotcallback=true
cambridge.org/core/journals/psychological-medicine/article/genomewide-scan-demonstrates-significant-linkage-for-male-sexual-orientation/864518601436C95563EA670C5F380343
archive.is/g3lal
nature.com/news/epigenetic-tags-linked-to-homosexuality-in-men-1.18530
tim-taylor.com/papers/twin_studies/studies.html
scientificamerican.com/article/identical-twins-genes-are-not-identical/
hawaii.edu/PCSS/biblio/articles/2010to2014/2013-transsexuality.html
lifesitenews.com/opinion/pediatrician-transgender-ideology-has-created-widespread-child-abuse
jpands.org/vol21no2/cretella.pdf
adolescenthealth.org/SAHM_Main/media/Advocacy/2017 sign on/Response-to-Michelle-Cretella.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=XJ7HZATMKBY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

When was this study done?

Scared by actual scientific studies so you run away to some autistic discord to hide instead of actually adding value to the thread? Thanks for the bump, hope you die from aids you fucking faggot.

Summary of twin studies:

psi.sagepub.com/content/17/2/45.full.pdf htmlf

Female relatives of male homosexuals have 1.3x as many kids:

journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0051088

nature.com/ng/journal/v11/n3/abs/ng1195-248.html?foxtrotcallback=true

doi: 10.1038/ng1195-248

cambridge.org/core/journals/psychological-medicine/article/genomewide-scan-demonstrates-significant-linkage-for-male-sexual-orientation/864518601436C95563EA670C5F380343

doi: 10.1017/S0033291714002451

It's more than one date, all on the link page. If I remember it was between 2014 and 2015.

By that same token, being hetero is a choice, but we conform to societal standards since homosexuality is considered deviant by patriarchal capitalists who want us to keep on reproducing wageslaves so they can keep exploiting billions of dollars worth of labor off of otherwise free-spirited non-binary otherskin

>Gay gene
>a gene evolved that prohibits reproduction and the continuation of your genes
>(((gay gene)))
anyone not totally brainwashed by them knows this

As much as I wish this was true, they claim 8 separate studies and I can't find one.

Literally none of this has anything to do with the original post and you're just spamming at this point.
>sagepub.com
Very scientific there, fuck-o. And you wonder why everyone laughs at you faggots?

>concern troll spotted
shills out hard tonight kek

You could take it though that one twin absorbing hormones (or the precursors to making them) in the womb could deprive the other one. But that's environmental, not genetic.

precisely.

Lol bullshit. It is a citation of some older studies including one that compared dizygotic twins not monozygotic. Most research has shown correlations of 20-100% for monozygotic identical twins but this no-name website paper just looks at a select few older studies.

Here are some older studies and I linked newer ones above. That link was funded by NARTH to try to convince people to pay money to ungay their kids. You'll notice that paper appears nowhere in a peer-reviewed journal or anywhere of note apart from small Christian websites.

Scientists find DNA differences between gay men and their straight twin brothers:

archive.is/g3lal

A novel predictive model of sexual orientation using epigenetic markers.

Authors: T. C. Ngun [1]; W. Guo [2]; N. M. Ghahramani [3]; K. Purkayastha [1]; D. Conn [4]; F. J. Sanchez [5]; S. Bocklandt [1]; M. Zhang [2,6]; C. M. Ramirez [4]; M. Pellegrini [7]; E. Vilain [1]

tim-taylor.com/papers/twin_studies/studies.html

scientificamerican.com/article/identical-twins-genes-are-not-identical/

oh course they weren't, it's a lifestyle choice reinforced by a heavy drug use, binge drinking, party lifestyle

Wrong. Keep posting fake news, you know-nothing faggot. No one's buying your bullshit here.

>epigenetics

fake and gay.

Exactly this, it's nature not nurture, surrounding one's self with other degenerate who encourage deviant, perverted degeneracy mixed with heavy drug use, heavy booze, and basic failure at most everything else in life. the lgbiuuwppoeie community is basically the definition of a cult. An insular community that plugs their ears anytime someone presents them with facts that prove them wrong, just like this queer spamming bullshit links for 2003.

Nurture, not nature*

I have posted plenty of recent research.

you need to explain how it's relevant otherwise it just gets ignored

No, you haven't. You've posted pseudo-science horseshit that isn't peer-reviewed and articles from 2005-2007. Science works forwards not backwards faggot. Learn how things work on Sup Forums or get the fuck off my board, you useless pleb. Better yet, does us all a favor and go jump off a roof.

Exactly. Literally nothing this faggot spammed was relevant at all to the original OP. Happens all the time and people aren't buying the dogshit anymore.

It shows that monozygotic identical twins are both gay 20-100% of the time compared to the 5 to 10% numbers shown in OPs study. Additionally there are genetic differences in gene copy count between identical twins and differences in methylated tags on DNA that alter gene expression and have been found to correlate with homosexuality.

Lol the 2014 study I posted on gay identical twins by Sanders was published in a peer reviewed journal. The Christian nut job in OPs pic was never published in a peer reviewed journal and as per the description was not even a sexuality or biology researcher. Many of the studies Whitehead cites are older than 2005, not that you've read any.

IIRC the same is true for transgenders.. Twin studies have never shown DNA-factors to be determining in self-identified gender.

Yes but for the most part it's a choice that gays don't make. I'm a firm believer homosexuality stems from child sex abuse.

>the 2014 study I posted on gay identical twins by Sanders was published in a peer reviewed journal
Post proof. No one is buying your bullshit and you know you can't argue the actual facts so you go for character-assassination like every other liberal dipshit out there. You idiots really need some new tricks because no one's falling for your bullshit anymore.

I didn't choose to be a cocksucking sissy faggot, I was so pretty that men hinted at what my role should be until finally I put on a dress and now my knees don't work anymore and you can yank me around by my ponytail :]

It's not a choice, it's a mental disorder usually caused by sexual abuse. If somebody is gay let them be gay, but do not let them anywhere near children and you sure as shit shouldn't let them adopt.

I posted the study above. Not my fault you won't click the damn link lol.

hawaii.edu/PCSS/biblio/articles/2010to2014/2013-transsexuality.html

can also be explained through social environmental conditioning, genetic physiological traits responsible for 'pretty boys'

[citation needed]

>hawaii.edu/PCSS/biblio/articles/2010to2014/2013-transsexuality.html

>It is now understood that among twins, there are sets in which both have transitioned gender and other sets in which only one has switched. Will you please help us try and find out why the differences?

Doesn't that imply it's environmental?

Having homosexual or any other type of sexual urges is not a conscious choice.
Any retard knows that.
Just because something isn't genetic but instead
enviornmental or horomonal doesn't make it a "choice"

>Michelle Cretella, president of the American College of Pediatricians, has denounced “institutions that promote transition affirmation” as engaging in “nothing less than institutionalized child abuse” that can inflict “untold psychological damage.”

She has a similar article lambasting tranny support in schools here:
>lifesitenews.com/opinion/pediatrician-transgender-ideology-has-created-widespread-child-abuse

That article links to an interesting study she published (and was peer reviewed) here:
>jpands.org/vol21no2/cretella.pdf

The study concludes:
>There is no rigorous scientific evidence that GD (gender dysphoria) is an innate trait. Moreover, 80 percent to 95 percent of children with GD accept the reality of their biological sex and achieve emotional health by late adolescence.
>The treatment of GD in childhood with hormones effectively amounts to mass experimentation on, and sterilization of, youth who are cognitively incapable of providing informed consent. There is a serious ethical problem with allowing irreversible, life-changing procedures to be performed on minors who are too young to give valid consent themselves.

>enviornmental or horomonal doesn't make it a "choice"

Does possibly make it preventable or 'fixable'.

twins aren't influenced by exactly the same environmental conditions, share biological differences

and if a poof had no experience of being sexually abused? how would you explain the pooftery?

You fucks are going about this all wrong.

We WANT gay to be a genetic thing. Seriously, hear me out.

Gays overwhelmingly vote liberal, but as soon as they determine that gay is a genetic trait of any kind, it can be tested for just like Down Syndrome, etc. Liberals and Gays of all colors and flavors, all 122 genders rejoice!!! But...

Once it is determined to be a genetic disorder, have a woman, pregnant, get her baby tested for the Gay gene. If they find out that the baby might be gay, she goes and gets an abortion.

Imagine the mental bomb that just went off in society when an evolutionary dead end (homosexuality) has to tell women that they can no longer have abortion for any reason and at any time. It would absolutely tear the Democrat party into shreds. Do they support a woman's right to choose or gay rights just to exist?

The infighting would be epic. All current alliances would be in tatters, and the gays might actually begin voting with the religious right.

So give the liberals and gays exactly what they want. Find the genetic disorder that makes them gay.

And destroy them.

But if being gay was a choice why the FUCK would anyone choose to be straight?

>what is epigenetics
OP are you actually this retarded?

humans do have the luxury of choice of who or what they rub their junk on for fun and games

Post the actual studies, not a summary from some random website

askin' the real questions

That implies they cannot assign all the variability in transitioning directly to genetics.

adolescenthealth.org/SAHM_Main/media/Advocacy/2017 sign on/Response-to-Michelle-Cretella.pdf

--

Identical twins are not 100% identical due to differences in womb environment:

Mechanisms for differences in monozygous twins Paul Gringrasa, Wai Chen, 2001

doi:10.1016/S0378-3782(01)00171-2

Another issue is the recent finding that even monozygotic twins can be different and there is a mechanism which might account for monozygotic twins being discordant for homosexuality. Gringas and Chen (2001) describe a number of mechanisms which can lead to differences between monozygotic twins, the most relevant here being chorionicity and amniocity.[13] Dichorionic twins potentially have different hormonal environments because they receive maternal blood from separate placenta, and this could result in different levels of brain masculinisation. Monoamniotic twins share a hormonal environment, but can suffer from the 'twin to twin transfusion syndrome' in which one twin is "relatively stuffed with blood and the other exsanguinated"

That's like saying that lifts working is a choice.

>Being gay is a CHOICE

Is this what closeted homos think? Like if being gay is a choice then I can only assume you've made the choice not to be gay? Which I can tell you is not something straight people do.

what came first, the chicken or egg?

same with gays, what came first, the pretty boy genes or the desire to be gay?

change the social environment so certain 'pretty boy' genes are not valued to the gay community, the characteristics of the 'gay gene' will also change

Meaning it's environmental rather than genetic, right?

Absolutely true, and I personally don't care how consenting, able-minded adults shape their sexlives. But having the luxury of choice of where to rub your genitals on is not the current ruling paradigm in western society.. The paradigm is that we are slaves to our genitals, and that we cannot rationally choose where we want to rub them on, as that is hardwired into our DNA/brain according to popular and scientific convictions.

Twin resemblance was moderate for the 3,826 studied monozygotic and dizygotic same-sex twin pairs. Biometric modeling revealed that, in men, genetic effects explained .34–.39 of the variance, the shared environment .00, and the individual-specific environment .61–.66 of the variance. Corresponding estimates among women were .18–.19 for genetic factors, .16–.17 for shared environmental, and 64–.66 for unique environmental factors

Genetic and Environmental Effects on Same-sex Sexual Behavior: A Population Study of Twins in Sweden

Again, posting nothing at all that has to do with my response, just spamming along like anyone's going to read your dumb shit. Not only are you not addressing the points at hand, you're posting studies from literally 2 decades ago. Get out of this thread, you muddy-water kike idiot.

>genes
should be characteristics

The choice of freedom to put it into the other hole.

In addition to sex chromosomal contribution, a potential autosomal genetic contribution to the development of homosexual orientation has also been suggested. In a study population composed of more than 7000 participants, Ellis et al. (2008) found a statistically significant difference in the frequency of blood type A between homosexuals and heterosexuals. They also found that “unusually high” proportions of homosexual males and homosexual females were Rh negative in comparison to heterosexuals. As both blood type and Rh factor are genetically inherited traits controlled by alleles located on chromosome 9 and chromosome 1 respectively, the study indicates a potential link between genes on autosomes and homosexuality.

--

In the case of blood type and the Rh factor, however, interesting patterns emerged. Heterosexual males and females exhibited statistically identical frequencies of the A blood type, while gay men exhibited a relatively low inci- dence and lesbians had a relatively high incidence (p < .05). In the case of the Rh factor, unusually high proportions of homosexuals of both sexes were Rh- when compared to heterosexuals (p < .06). The findings suggest that a connec- tion may exist between sexual orientation and genes both on chromosome 9 (where blood type is determined) and on chromosome 1 (where the Rh factor is regulated).

from

Eye Color, Hair Color, Blood Type, and the Rhesus Factor: Exploring Possible Genetic Links to Sexual Orientation

Nigger, you're trying to make a false equivalency by placing both on the same playing field. Heterosexuality and homosexuality are not on the same level at all, so your "hurr but heteros didn't choose" argument falls flat. Being heterosexual is natural in that it continues on genetic information/offspring. There's no choice there because it's the natural order of things all over the planet. That's completely different than some little queer wanting to be popular in his in-group so he decides to suck some dudes off because he's in high-school and it's cool this week.

The biology of sexual orientation has been studied in detail in several animal model systems. In the common fruit fly Drosophila melanogaster, the complete pathway of sexual differentiation of the brain and the behaviors it controls is well established in both males and females, providing a concise model of biologically controlled courtship.[26] In mammals, a group of geneticists at the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology altered the sexual preferences of female mice by removing a single gene linked to reproductive behavior. Without the gene, the mice exhibited masculine sexual behavior and attraction toward urine of other female mice. Those mice who retained the gene fucose mutarotase (FucM) were attracted to male mice.[27]

Human sexual preference is a sexually dimorphic trait with a substantial genetic component. Linkage of male sexual orientation to markers on the X chromosome has been reported in some families. Here, we measured X chromosome inactivation ratios in 97 mothers of homosexual men and 103 age-matched control women without gay sons. The number of women with extreme skewing of X-inactivation was significantly higher in mothers of gay men (13/97=13%) compared to controls (4/103=4%) and increased in mothers with two or more gay sons (10/44=23%). Our findings support a role for the X chromosome in regulating sexual orientation in a subgroup of gay men.

Extreme skewing of X chromosome inactivation in mothers of homosexual men

I've struggled with homosexuality my entire life, celibate except for a very brief period of time a few years ago. Why cant I be attracted to women and start a family? I dont want to be a homo, all I ever wanted was a family. I have never done drugs, no partying, dont hang out with gay people. Why have I had this disorientation since at least puberty?

GAS THE QUEERS

H-Y Antigen and Homosexuality in Men

Blanchard, Klassen

In men, sexual orientation correlates with the number of older brothers, each additional older brother increasing the odds of homosexuality by approximately 33%. It is hypothesized that this fraternal birth order effect reflects the progressive immunization of some mothers to Y-linked minor histocompatibility antigens (H-Y antigen) by each succeeding male fetus, and the concomitantly increasing effects of H-Y antibodies on the sexual differentiation of the brain in each succeeding male fetus. This hypothesis is consistent with a variety of evidence, including the apparent irrelevance of older sisters to the sexual orientation of later-born males, the probable involvement of H-Y antigen in the development of sex-typical traits, and the detrimental effects of immunization of female mice to H-Y antigen on the reproductive performance of subsequent male offspring.

Some studies have found biochemical and genetic differences between homo- and heterosexuals. I wonder if a better explanation would be that only some gays are genetic?

Is this a troll?

youtube.com/watch?v=XJ7HZATMKBY

Rekt

There could certainly be different reasons people end up homosexual, its a condition, not a biological sex like male or female

AFAIK I was never molested...did get physically abused. But why would that completely turn off any desire for women, especially since its so convenient to like women

The domestic ram is used as an experimental model to study early programming of the neural mechanisms which underlie homosexuality, developing from the observation that approximately 8% of domestic rams are sexually attracted to other rams (male-oriented) when compared to the majority of rams which are female-oriented. In many species, a prominent feature of sexual differentiation is the presence of a sexually dimorphic nucleus (SDN) in the preoptic hypothalamus, which is larger in males than in females.

10%~ of the world is gay, does this study even take into consideration the 30-60% that are bi or experimental.
>hurr durr it's less than that
no the fuck it's not, maybe you've heard of a term called 'in the closet'

Roselli et al. discovered an ovine SDN (oSDN) in the preoptic hypothalamus that is smaller in male-oriented rams than in female-oriented rams, but similar in size to the oSDN of females. Neurons of the oSDN show aromatase expression which is also smaller in male-oriented rams versus female-oriented rams, suggesting that sexual orientation is neurologically hard-wired and may be influenced by hormones. However, results failed to associate the role of neural aromatase in the sexual differentiation of brain and behavior in the sheep, due to the lack of defeminization of adult sexual partner preference or oSDN volume as a result of aromatase activity in the brain of the fetuses during the critical period. Having said this, it is more likely that oSDN morphology and homosexuality may be programmed through an androgen receptor that does not involve aromatisation. Most of the data suggests that homosexual rams, like female-oriented rams, are masculinized and defeminized with respect to mounting, receptivity, and gonadotrophin secretion, but are not defeminized for sexual partner preferences, also suggesting that such behaviors may be programmed differently. Although the exact function of the oSDN is not fully known, its volume, length, and cell number seem to correlate with sexual orientation, and a dimorphism in its volume and of cells could bias the processing cues involved in partner selection. More research is needed in order to understand the requirements and timing of the development of the oSDN and how prenatal programming effects the expression of mate choice in adulthood.

Prenatal Programming of Sexual Partner Preference: The Ram Model

C. E. Roselli and F. Stormshak

There actually was a recent study which claimed that there is a significant causality between being abused as a child and homosexuality. However, it was not identified as the sole cause.

The entire human genome's been mapped and as of today, in 2017, no one has identified a "gay gene" or sequence of genes that justify the "gay is innate" argument. They've identified everything else from alcoholism to green eyes but mysteriously haven't come up with the former at all in any way. They're already marketing genetically modifying your baby in the womb (blonde hair, brown skin, etc. etc.) but haven't found the GG yet. Gets the noggin joggin

Its a mental issue that can be cured via severe beatings,burning at the stakes or a 30m drop on the head.

This is pretty much on the nose.

David Thorstad
>Influential Socialist Party Member, pro-pederast, pro-pedophile activist
>FOUNDER and member of North American Man/Boy Love Association (which advocates for raping little boys)
>Active member of the UWS Socialist Wokers Party
>Active Trotskyist communist
>Wrote for "The Militant" but left when the paper refused to put a Marxist spin on the gay liberation movement

>Thorstad claims that pedophilia is the MAIN way in which homosexuality has been expressed in modern culture

The biology of sexual orientation has been studied in detail in several animal model systems. In the common fruit fly Drosophila melanogaster, the complete pathway of sexual differentiation of the brain and the behaviors it controls is well established in both males and females, providing a concise model of biologically controlled courtship.[26] In mammals, a group of geneticists at the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology altered the sexual preferences of female mice by removing a single gene linked to reproductive behavior. Without the gene, the mice exhibited masculine sexual behavior and attraction toward urine of other female mice. Those mice who retained the gene fucose mutarotase (FucM) were attracted to male mice.[27]

Nigger no one is reading your paragraphs of absolute bullshit. I'm not sure why you keep replying to me but you clearly can't verbalize your own position yourself which makes you less than a fucking tool and it's just sad really. You should stop spamming because no one's paying you any mind faggot. If you can't argue your position without spamming a textbook, you obviously don't know what you believe or why you believe and don't deserve much in the realm of a legitimate response.

Ok?

I'm actually an identical twin who's straight and my brother's gay. It was quite funny I was so oblivious about it, I just didn't even think and assumed he was the same as me until he told me when he was seventeen.
We're still close, probably closer than anyone else in my family but since then he's changed a lot. Especially since he went to university. He's become much more effemenite and cares a lot about fashion and stuff. Also he's probably a lot more successful and better adjusted than I am which is kind of funny.
Can't really think of anything that was really very different about the way we were raised. We kind of did everything together as kids and were often treated as like one unit by everyone around us cause we looked and acted so similar. I've always been quite curious what the actual cause was, and it made me very suspicious of the motives of those people who scream that being gay is innate since the evidence is right there in front of me that it's actually not.

My position is that you have no evidence that being gay is a choice or caused by abuse and we have a variety of sources explaining that being gay is innate, albeit not pinned down to one gene or cause.

see
Identical twins are not 100% identical due to differences in womb environment:

Mechanisms for differences in monozygous twins Paul Gringrasa, Wai Chen, 2001

doi:10.1016/S0378-3782(01)00171-2

Another issue is the recent finding that even monozygotic twins can be different and there is a mechanism which might account for monozygotic twins being discordant for homosexuality. Gringas and Chen (2001) describe a number of mechanisms which can lead to differences between monozygotic twins, the most relevant here being chorionicity and amniocity.[13] Dichorionic twins potentially have different hormonal environments because they receive maternal blood from separate placenta, and this could result in different levels of brain masculinisation. Monoamniotic twins share a hormonal environment, but can suffer from the 'twin to twin transfusion syndrome' in which one twin is "relatively stuffed with blood and the other exsanguinated"

Polygenetics, epigenetics, evironmental chemicals, ect. there are many phenotypical traits whose genetic causes are unknown.

Why are faggots so scared of it being a choice?
Is it because, inside, they know it's wrong.
But if it isn't a choice, they are not to blame.

What is his major?

Even if feelings of sexual attraction to the same sex were not biologically determined, consensual acts of sexual perversion cannot be undertaken without an act of the will, which means that ultimately all homosexuals are morally accountable for the life of debasement which they lead.

No, clearly you don't have any position because everything you keep spamming has nothing at all to do with the topic at hand. You're just copy pasting queer propaganda and flooding the thread with it like anyone's going to be bothered to read any of it. You should really head back to plebbit where that kind of shit flies but anyone with half a brain can realize from your first post you've been trying to distract and derail from the original topic since you showed up and starting spewing disinformation. Again, you can't verbalize your own position, pathetic really and everyone ITT can see it clear as day. You're a mook and sadly unprepared for dialogue on Sup Forums so scamper on along now, dipshit.

>If you can't argue your position without spamming a textbook
He gave you one paragraph to prove what you said was wrong.

I am linking research on sexuality from the last 20 years.

I am fairly certain that spamming sources counts as argumentum ad nauseam. You should focus on one or two studies for your argument.

Pretty much this.
Nice tweet.
This is true as well.

The subject is impossibly complex. I would focus on 2012 Italian study showing female relatives of male homosexuals have more kids that was a follow up with a larger sample size to early research and the 2014 study showing genetic linkages at chromosomes 8 and X confirming earlier research by Hamer that Xq28 appears to be involved in sexuality.

You hit the nail on the head. Worse is when some of them admit that they chose to be that way because of abuse, but then later pretend like they never said it. Most gays are all the same.

Nigger, scroll up through this thread. The guy's spammed at least 5 solid pages from any decent sized textbook and none of it addressed the actual OP. If you're too lazy to read the entire thread then lurk and shut the fuck up already newfag.

Interesting. Meaning a possible epigenetic component? For the record we were monoamniotic so we should have shared the same hormonal environment.
I do know that he weighed more than me when we were born. I was quite underweight.
I do wonder if it's a combination-type thing, both nature and nurture. Maybe there is a 'gay gene' but it's only activated under some kind of other condition that he fulfilled and I didn't.

I think its possible for there to be other cellular factors apart from DNA coding that affect DNA expression.

>I am fairly certain that spamming sources counts as argumentum ad nauseam
Precisely what I've been saying, at least someone else has brains to recognize the shit. Faggot's gone from one corner to the other wall and around the bend spamming anything and everything to do with queers and none of it has touched on my OP.

He studied in the Uk so we only do one subject, but his main course was History at one of the top universities in the world. He's just finishing off his Phd there now as well so he's worked incredibly hard over there years and been very successful in academia. Not sure how he's going to cope finding jobs etc since he's been just studying these long, incredibly tough courses for years but I think he should be fine.

OP is mainly (AFAIK study is behind paywall) referencing a 2002 study that found the lowest concordances of any twin study regarding homosexuality. There are other twin studies, before and since, that have found higher concordances, as well as information that twins have differences in amniotic and chorionic environments, gene copies, and epigenetics.

There are other ways to look at the biological nature of sexuality and those have produced a variety of unusual findings regarding sexuality such as that gay men have blood types in common and that women related to gay men have more kids on average.

Have you considered that there might be correlation but no causation between genetics and homosexuality? Ie. a genotype is the cause of behavior which is the cause of homosexuality, like for hypothetical example a gene which causes more liberal thinking. Also wasn't that xq 28 study inreplicapable?

It was replicated in 2014, that's why I linked it. Nobody knows causation yet, there are a variety of different theories, and no one specific gene or cause known 100% by anyone.