Faggot US Reaper Drone shot down in Afghanistan

zerohedge.com/news/2017-10-14/us-reaper-drone-shot-down-over-afghanistan

What is up with the US military?

Destroyers crashing into highly visible cargo ships, and now this?

Fuck those things are way bigger than I previously thought.

Oops.

Predators are bretty big as they need to carry missiles and shit.
The surveillance drones are the smaller ones as you essentially just need to carry a GoPro

That's gonna be spare parts and stripped cables in about 30 seconds unless someone locks that site down lol

Muslim genocide when

It looks so sad surrounded by those shitskins who're going to disembowel it for parts.

>Destroyers crashing into highly visible cargo ships
Ships aren't the most agile of vehicles, and they're almost completely incapable of a quick stop.
>now this
Probably wasn't shot down, more than likley a uplink/downlink failure and the drone kept on flying around until it ran out of fuel.

>shot down
lands in tact on its belly

POO

cyber warfare, radar getting spoofed and communication sabotage.

>Ships aren't the most agile of vehicles
Don't even try to defend this. Saying the crew had more than enough time to react is an understatement. The Navy fucked up big time.

>Ships aren't the most agile of vehicles, and they're almost completely incapable of a quick stop.

Destroyers are a lot more agile than cargo ships and have much better sensors, no?

Depressing photo... Reminds of a beached whale surrounded by Japs or something.

wait, the predator is that large?

Is the US military all it's cracked up to be?

Could China take the US in a fight?

should have been yesterday

>wait, the predator is that large?

It's a Reaper.

Well, I guess I'm a nigger for not reading it.

this
and this

I'm honestly surprised those things don't carry some kind of self-destruct. I mean, maybe there is for the electronics. But the airframe ought to be considered sensitive enough to be worth destroying.

That's a big drone.

>I'm honestly surprised those things don't carry some kind of self-destruct. I mean, maybe there is for the electronics. But the airframe ought to be considered sensitive enough to be worth destroying.

Too dangerous for ground crews

>shot down a remote control nerf plane
congrats

you should see the missiles

came here to post exactly this

Hm maybe. But if the damn things carry ordinance, what's the difference to the ground crews? Just don't install the self-destruct package until ordinance teams are arming the fucker.

That and it doesn't need to be a HE bomb. Just enough thermite to burn the fucker to a crisp ought to do the job. That shit's pretty goddamn stable.

>Shot down
>fragile airframe intact

really makes me think

The SR-71 was the fastest plane in the world, yet its turning radius was over 100 miles.
Most naval units have decent speeds and turning capabilities, but depending on their status, are often limited.
If a ship doesn't have enough water in its ballast tanks, it's a lot more top heavy/unstable and incapable of quick turns, it's also a lot harder to stop in an emergency.
Also consider that US Naval vessels rarely employ the assistance of a port pilot to guide them to open waters, this means they're often unaware of tidal currents and regular shipping paths
There's no such thing as a free meal, and most ships will always have an equal amount of disadvantages to advantages, even if they're a billion dollar assault frigate.

>The surveillance drones are the smaller ones

>Hm maybe. But if the damn things carry ordinance, what's the difference to the ground crews? Just don't install the self-destruct package until ordinance teams are arming the fucker.

But then it still has to land with an armed bomb on board

Could've just been hit, lost the engine, and glided to a landing.

If Allah loves Muslims so much why did he take away their magic carpets at a crucial time in history?

I despise shitskins but that thing looks so morbidly evil. They leave IED's all over the place so fuck em but what a devilish lump of metal that thing is

China is testing its spoofing tech. Basically making false singles and returns which cause us ships to crash. The PLA is operating in Afghanistan, but you won't hear about it anywhere.

High altitude beasts are completely different territory.

>If Allah loves Muslims so much why did he take away their magic carpets at a crucial time in history?

Allah inspired Iran to build their own armed drones

nice

More like striped and sold to China. Like the stealth fighter that was shot down in the 90s.

Those camel niggers wouldnt be able to shoot this drone down. That drone had computer malfunction and landed itself on some default auto pilot program.

lol, if they disable the engine of your drone you shouldnt glide to land, you should kamikaze it over those sand niggers

destroy sensitive tech and crush some terrorists in one shot

He's a big guy

Camel niggers, that woman is a diamond

Or maybe Iranians hacked this one too.

Trannies, faggots and women in the military. What do you expect when you let the mentally infirm do anything important?

Go home you paki cunt

>But then it still has to land with an armed bomb on board

Jettison on final approach. If it goes down at that point, the thing's likely within range of artillery or friendly ground forces.

I mean, that's what they do with unexpended munitions on manned aircraft isn't it?

>Is the US military all it's cracked up to be?
Without the backing of our nuclear arsenal I do not believe our military has will or the nerve to kill the enemy. We would surrenderer so as to not hurt anyones feelings.

>Could China take the US in a fight?
In an all out war that did NOT involve nukes.... probably.

Our intelligence agencies are already filled with gooks who rat out our CIA agents to the Chinese government so I do not think the Pentagon would be any better.

Most of this tech is already old Shit to us. Its operational not just to meet a specific demand for our pawns, but also to give a perceived standard of current US operations. If real full scale war broke out you can be sure the billion dollar black projects would delight in unleashing all sorts of horrible weapons on live humans.

for you

It must have felt absolutely exhilerating for the dirtpoor Taliban fuck who just crawled out of the middleages as far as learning how to use an ak and greater kalibers and now shot down that alien piece of high tech death looming above their goathers and claydwellings for a decade.

??? why no self destruct

how do we know this isn't just Awan delivering drones to his people?

>If real full scale war broke out you can be sure the billion dollar black projects would delight in unleashing all sorts of horrible weapons on live humans.

America hasn't fought a full scale war since 1945, and they haven't done very well in the small scale wars they did fight.

Presuming this will be used as a drone of peace

They let them shoot a drone down as an excuse to get sof into afghanistan. We got thousands of guys masturbating to the thought of getting deployed, because you cant become an o10 without seeing combat.

What these hilarious savages actually do doesnt even matter.

we usually drop some bombs on the afterwards so the sandniggers dont steal our shit

KEK

Have a look at its brain

>the military industrial complex wants you to believe this.

The reality is most of the black project money goes into defense contractors and generals pockets or blown on outlandish garbage.

A lot of PR marketing goes into the idea that the us has star wars tech. When it's simply not the case. If you can bluff a enemy into thinking you got insane tech they might think twice about fucking with you, or even better have them blow money on pipe dream ideas that don't work.

>They let them shoot a drone down as an excuse to get sof into afghanistan.

Drone lives matter?

You think you could sit on that haha

>A lot of PR marketing goes into the idea that the us has star wars tech. When it's simply not the case.

Exactly, I'm sure China knows all about what the US has

Was getting shot down part of it's plan?

In conventional war I would say yes, as America is battle hardened unlike china. If mushrooms start going off then no one wins.

a hellfire should of blown the wreckage to shit after the plane crashed

Can China reverse engineer this?

Literally the first thing that entered my mind.
The second was "holy FUCK these things cost so much money" when I went to look up how big they were.

>In conventional war I would say yes, as America is battle hardened unlike china.

It isn't though. Fighting a few insurgents isnt a real war.

>Can China reverse engineer this?

They don't need to. China already has drones like this.

>if mushrooms start going off then Turkey wins.
ftfy

In before the whole thing is a ruse. They are going to take it back to their headquarters meanwhile it's bugged with a secret gps hidden on it. Bye bye jihadists.

It's still a good way to see what works and what doesn't.

Lets assume china has 3000 guided undwrwater torpedos. How do they plan to land troops in the United States? Theyll need to land several million.

its not really anything too complicated, also they stold the plans about 15 years ago, so they have their own

Actually we've been hearing about it for years. China is trying to grab up all the natural resources there.

wtf we interstellar now. get it together military, jesus.

china already has drones so there would be no need

>"Secret" gps.
Its a live predator drone dude. Theyll probably blow it up right there.

pretty sure even russia has drones

All the chinese supermarkets are sleeper cells

yes

would it be reliant on US owned GPS? also yes. reliable weapon of war? no

need proof

>Lets assume china has 3000 guided undwrwater torpedos. How do they plan to land troops in the United States?

China wouldnt invade the US. They would just fuck up the US's ability to threaten China.

they have cute tank drones too

So theyd have 30000 riflemen. Gonna need a little more than that to invade the U.S.

That involves killing U.S. soldiers, which means ballistic strikes on Chinese cities.

this photo is of a predator, not a reaper---and it was posted to the internet around 2014.

fake news.

The Virgin Drone VS The CHAD MOAB

>So theyd have 30000 riflemen. Gonna need a little more than that to invade the U.S.

No need to invade the US. The problem is that the US has its forces all over the world including many locations threatening China.

China would end that.

Why did we give them a free drone? Looks like it's in great condition.

>That involves killing U.S. soldiers, which means ballistic strikes on Chinese cities.

Then China would defend itself.

>So theyd have 30000 saboteurs
ftfy

You retard, kys. It most likely just malfunctioned. Its literaaly impossible for sandnigs to shoot one down.

The RPV's you saw in MW2 that were pussy ass sized were pretty much the test bed. The drones you see in the OP's pic is what we use mostly now (IIRC, actual service members correct me if I'm wrong). They're literally the same size as an A-10. Saw one right next to a Warthog at Creech, AFB.

Technology is pretty crazy. And this isn't taking into account what we have cooked up in black projects.

And youtub

They know that's a risk. All they have to do is embed a few of pic related into different areas of the drone. Some embedded in the hill for one. But I highly doubt they will blow it up.

CUTE
U
T
E

4 u