How much taxes does an American have to pay for his car in a year...

How much taxes does an American have to pay for his car in a year? How much are all of the expenses (excluding gas and repairs) combined, for a year?

And why are manual gearboxes the American person's cryptonite?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kacEW3UtR5M?t=1m38s
jeffco.us/motor-vehicle/fees/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why would you pay tax on something you already own? You pay for registration with is basically nothing.

Depends on a few factors, but yes a tax is paid annually. About 200 USD for me. Gas has been relatively cheap, takes me about 40 USD to fill up my tank. I learned to drive on a manual transmission m8, they just make automatics now it seems.

>pay tax on something you already own
Can't tell if leafpost or simply retarded.

You own your wages correct? You pay tax on them. You bought a bar of chocolate, you own it, you paid tax on it. Realistically you're about 15-20% owned by the government.

We pay road tax depending on size of the car, if its below 2t its around 10,000 to 20,000 yen. But if its above 2t its around 40,000 to 60,000 yen. Same with imports it will cost above 100,000 yen.
Makes me sad sometimes.

>own car
>pay taxes on the purchase
>pay more tax every year
>be a euro cuck

We pay to register a car. If its sitting there we don't pay more taxes on it every year. Kill yourself

Because manual gearboxes wear more quickly and require more maintenance yet provide essentially nothing to most drivers. Inb4 muh manual gearbox allows me to control the car better

Almost every car produced here comes standard with an auto. Its best that way

>implying automatics aren't becoming more and more common in Europe

Even here in the balkans people are buying more automatics, despite the far greater cost of maintenance.

Exactly what i said. Leaf claimed you don't pay taxes on things you own.

You could just admit that manual transmission is difficult with fat burgerfingers.

Deflecting much? Everything you own has been or will be taxed. The government own part of everything that you do. If you're too blind to see this, that's just sad

How much taxes do Americans have to pay for property they own every year?

tell'em american! they don't understand. I'm 100% pro automatic, it's like having and old ass computer that everytime you want to click something you have to push 3 fucking buttons, why would you want that? sadly, having this opinion in europe makes you seem mentally unstable

I pay insurance on my car, which is the most expensive thing. You also have to pay for registration, but it's somewhere around $40.

And I drive manual. I prefer it over automatic, but if I lived in a really hilly place, I'd probably go with automatic since driving and parking on steep hills can be annoying.

Depends but we basically pay apx 30% in direct (state, local and federal taxes) and another 10-20% in indirect taxes (healthcare). We don't get shit for our taxes. The schools are paid for by property, so the rich get rich schools, the poor or middle class get inferior schools, finally f you want to send your kid to a different school you have to pay your school district tax + the district tax of the school where you send your kiddo. Roads are maintained by the state so your 16% federal tax doesn't go towards that. What do you get? Some bombs to kill sand niggers but no land or resources or rights to those nations when we destroy them in war (so nothing).

Conservative neo-cons fucked the school system up while liberal faggots sat on their hands and whined about patriarchy.

I still maintain that conservatives are the dumbest demographic in America because they literally want nothing for the taxes they pay whereas liberals are equally retarded in not understanding human nature.

That wasn't the question Achmed

It varies wildly by area/state. I’m looking at 3k but God only knows what it would be in a place like California.

Pay zero taxes and I have 6 speed manual with a dual disc clutch on my weekend car. 830 hp is something that will forever escape the avg eurofag

Car taxes to my knowledge are local and state, so vary from place to place. There is no federal tax on keeping a car as property that I am aware of.
Maintenance and fuel largely depends on the price of gas/oil which varies greatly from place to place.

My state (VA) has property tax. 300 a year for my 2016.

And I would never drive a manual simply because there is so much traffic here.

Sure thing buddy. Pol fags don't own Dodge demons, fucking faggot

Have a 2015 STI and a 2016 NX200t and it was $480 for both cars last year.

No one drives manuals here. Even people that buy 'sports cars' still get them in automatic. It's depressing

>Why would you pay tax on something you already own?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WHAT DO YOU MEAN??? I BEGAN TO UNDERSTAND YOUR SENTANCE BUT MY COUNTRY STARTED TO SHAKE LIKE THE BEGINNING OF AN EARTHQUAKE SO I STOPPED THINKING ABOUT IT

FUCK THE MANUAL

YOHOOOOOOOOOO

You don't own it goy. Government has legal title to it.

we have proper streets, higher speed limits, know how to use a stig shift and wont get shot by the police when we grab for our driving license. germany also has the autobahn, where you can legally drive 300mph.

you filfthy burgers have v8 but are only allowed ro cuck around with 30mph. also u dont know how to build proper cars

Department of education is unconstitutional and taxation is theft.

Believing anything useful is taugh in government schools other than propagandizing the youth, makes you retarded.

>Because manual gearboxes wear more quickly and require more maintenance

my auto honda disagrees with this

>stig shift
>all we know, he's called the stig shift

>How much taxes does an American have to pay for his car in a year?

Depends on the state and county and typically varies based on book value of the car.

Gas is 2.40$ a gallon now and for many of us gas is the highest piece of cost of ownership.

Most of us don't have manual shift because we live in the 21st century and don't like to have to replace clutch/transmission every 100,000 miles.

Some sports cars still have manual transmission as do some work type trucks but the modern automatic transmissions make them virtually obsolete unless you just like to make more work for yourself for the sake of making more work for yourself.

Stop being such a faggot.
A clutch is infinitely cheaper to run and repair than an entire transmission.

I like to rpm to 8k before I put it in first gear :^)

This thread is just retarded. As leafbae already said, why the fuck would you pay tax on something you already own? Sure we pay for the roads, other than that it's just insurance and registration.

I always put the clutch it MILES before stopping :) and when rolling downhill, just to give it that extra speed

In my state there is only a universal $40 yearly registration. If you only use a car off road you dont need to pay registration.

I have only ever bought manual cars, fun + basically anti-theft because blacks mostly cant drive stick.

>30mph
>[laughs in republic of Texan]

bet you've never even known the freedoms of 137 km/h +

Except many states have car tax/property tax.

IDK about the british commonwealth but in 'murica you own a car after paying for it and government fees like sales tax/title transfer. There is no tax to OWN the car, just fees to drive it on public roads. The weight determines how much these registration fees are.

Trust me, I live in New York and if there was a way for (((them))) to squeeze more money from me they'd do it. That's just unheard off and will need proof

I'm in the same boat fellow VA resident.
Property taxes are shitty.

I drive an SUV it's about $36 per year to register my car. About $95 per month in insurance. I use about 20 gallons of gas a week so about $50 in gas about $11 of that goes to gas taxes. And I like manual but bat it in the suburbs because of the constant stop and go traffic.

That's why it's called road tax and petrol tariffs, not existence tax.

Well i would pay, 2400 euros a year on taxes for my car
When i was 18 i made a contract, selling my car to my dad, he has a better insurance, so i pay around 100 euros a month
1200 a year
Which is still too much
My car costs me with gas up to 400 euros a month
Help, we are getting raped here in the cuckhold union

>unironically driving a dyke vapemachine

>rest of the world pretending they know fuck all about driving fast

kek

youtu.be/kacEW3UtR5M?t=1m38s

I own a 6speed 2004 svt cobra. However im 32 and grew up driving a manual. Kids these days have no clue though so ill give you that.

Dumb nigger. Road taxes are for roads, not just merely owning a car. We all pay em, motorist or not

>"racing" on a straight line to see who has thrown more money on their car
come on

>Because manual gearboxes wear more quickly and require more maintenance

And this is the stupidity that Sup Forums breeds.

Biggest reason is this dolt can't shift gears and fly his confederate flag out of the window at the same time.

Have a Focus ST. Six Speed. American

not my fault your ancestors didn't conquer enough land so you can't drive in a straight line for fun

also

>posting twingos outside of /o/

I drive a Honda Civic with a manual. 140k miles on the original clutch. Have driven mostly manuals including motorcycles which I rode professionally. In a sports or economy car a manual transmission is more fun, and less monotonous. In a truck, suv, or large sedan I prefer automatic. All the manual trucks I've driven, including Jeeps have sloppy transmissions. The autos are much quicker.

If you know how to drive properly your clutch should last the life of the engine, and your brakes should last 100k miles or more. Unfortunately, most people don't.

Lol, here you only pay road tax if you own motorised transport.

drag racing on anything but a specialized vehicle is no-effort bullshit, any retard can slam on the accelerator
also
>talking shit about the Twingo
relax it'll be legal in the US soon

>paying yearly taxes for a car

Ahahahaha, hahahhahahahhahahahah

this is now a post your honda eco shitbox thread

>Buying used car for £5000
>£800 for insurance for the year
>£120 road tax
>£60 for tank of petrol

I don't pay a yearly tax, gas is $2.40 a gallon, my insurance is $40 a month, repairs can be expensive depending on what it is.

>And why are manual gearboxes the American person's cryptonite?

why would we need our cars to be manual? we drive places every day.

manual is inferior today. why do you cling to it like it matters?

You have to be a real bastard to a Honda Civic to fuck it up. Especially early to mid 2000’s models. Great power to weight and high resell.

Can any fellow bong actually justify to me why we sell fuel in liters but measure fuel efficiency in miles per gallon?

Manual is an american anti theft device

No but they own cars with built long blocks and twin turbo's poorfag. Not everyone works at taco bell

easier to fix, better mileage, overall better control of your car's speed on roads where the pace changes frequently, etc.

For an old car, tax is like $25-50 a year.

For a new $35,000 car, it would be like $500 depending on what kind of car.

It also depends on the state. Some states don't have car property taxes. Others have a tax built into the annual registration fee.

It's around $100 to register a car for 2 years, then $80 to renew it every 2 years. That also depends on the state.

Some are like $400 but it includes taxes.

Insurance depends on the car and your driving record and age. A 17-year-old with a sports car can pay $5,000 while a 29 year old can pay $1500 or less.

That same teen can pay $1500 for a shitbox economy car, an adult would pay maybe $900.

1% of the property value. In my case $4k

not really, more a oh i need a new transmission now device if you even get the car back in one piece

umm i dont pay tax except at the checkout
drive a 1 tone ford crew cab long box auto 99
backup car is 94 vw diesel 780000 km all orig
about 1000/year for insurance
400.00/mo in fuel
no debt and own one house and one business
paid for
so really wouldnt matter
i could get 1mpg and still afford toy drive

depends on state. here, i pay once up front, and then it's just a $20/year registration fee due by your birthday. plus like $1 for convenience charge or some bullshit

It's a 2008. It's a pretty big piece of shit. I drive 30k miles a year though. Bought it 2 years ago with 70k on it.

>easier to fix

modern automatic transmissions go 300k+ miles without fail, more or less every time. you don't fix your own vehicles anyway, you never have, that is our thing

>better mileage
we don't pay 6 dollars for gas but we do drive

>pace change blah blah
advantage eliminated by modern automatic transmissions which shift better and more efficiently than you could, also TONS of cars have manumatics, if im going uphill and my car does not gear down I can simply do it myself and I use this feature frequently. Did you even know such a thing exists

My clutch is okay but my throwout bearing is making noises. :(

So I'm going to have to take all that shit apart anyway. I may as well just get a new clutch.

what's that in real money?

Most common form of auto theft in the US is "youths" stealing cars for joy rides. Generally you get your father to teach you drive stick. Hence stick shift having a reputation as anti-theft.

That’s in California? That’s a LOT better than I imagined. A buddy of mine that’s only 3 hours away with a similar house and MUCH less land pays 9k.

Mine is going bad because I always keep the clutch depressed at stops. It's a habit from riding motorcycles so I can make an evasive maneuver if need be. Oh well. It's 600 dollars for a clutch and that one will last longer than the engine.

A manual is the cheapest antitheft device you double nigger.

Niggers cannot drive them, nor can most Hispanics. I can leave my car running with the door open in most bad areas of town and know to a certainty it won't be stolen because it requires a few more brain cells to drive than an automatic.

ITT: Eurocucks convince the rest of the world to nuke them.
Literally can't refute this thread.

Damn, sorry to hear that. I’ve always heard and seen good things. Maybe I’ve been fed a line of shit?

nice prelude, a man of taste

Oh it's a good car. It drives straight, never had to do anything but basic maintenance. It just got totalled from a massive hail storm in Colorado, and the clear coat is peeling.

love delslows, wish i could fucking fit in one

Yea Santa Ana Ca, on the border of Costa Mesa and Fountain Valley. It’s a higher end area too. Several large schools, but I guess with the population density it keeps the prop taxes down.

They are replacing homes with super huge like 7-8 story apartment buildings so that will drive property taxes up at some point.

What I'm currently driving.

>muh manumatics
I've driven one, felt kinda dull
seriously, nothing wrong with autos but they kinda cuck out on you when you try to push them

is that a del sol? gaaaaaayyyyyyyy

My old truck is like that as well. 320k miles on it, 13 years old, scratched up from off-roading, but still runs perfect. Only had to change the brakes and both automatic window assemblies. I gave it to my dad when I got a new one and it’s still kicking ass.

should post that shit in the honda general on /o/ btw only 2 del sols in the collage

>murican problems

Well that’s highly reasonable and damn good. Hopefully it stays that way.

So there’s no property tax in Canada?

Rate mine

>seriously, nothing wrong with autos but they kinda cuck out on you when you try to push them

? why do you pretend you know? you have literally never felt the power of actual displacement in an automobile

Most people don’t have manuals because they aren’t as prevalent here, preference is on Automatic.

I can drive both, prefer automatic. If I had a sports car I’d go manual.

As for tax, here in Pennsylvania it’s ~$36 for registration renewal, and a yearly inspection that’s usually ~$100 If all is well. Gas tax here is around 30 cents/gallon, we have toll roads but they are typically for highways not getting in towns or whatnot. The turnpike here is around $15 if you go completely across the entire length of it in our state. Apart from that, all other taxes are either from generic state or federal taxes based on the time of road being repaired.

6'5 problem

>import
What do you need imports for in Nippon? I would kill for all the unobtainium JDM shit you can just go out and buy there.

we prefer not to strip gears just to look like we are car experts. we invented cars we dont care about putting on airs. thats for the rest of the world to do because they didnt invent cars

is that a lot? can i get that in real money not monopoly dollars?

(((ownership tax)))

jeffco.us/motor-vehicle/fees/