Are we hitting another anime dry spell?

Are we moving into another drought of decent anime like we had in the mid to late 2000s? I challenge you to name more than 5 decent anime titles that premiered between 2007-2009.

That's what it seems like now, these past few season have been completely forgettable, aside from 1-2 gems and already established titles from previous seasons.

Will 2015 and 2016 be forgotten?

>I challenge you to name more than 5 decent anime titles that premiered between 2007-2009
In 2007 alone we had
TTGL
Denno Coil
Baccano
Mononoke
Moyashimon
Darker than Black
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Nodame Cantabile
Not to mention more debatable titles that still made an impact, like Bokurano and Code Geass, other popular franchises like Hidamari, Lucky Star,

But this is a thinly veiled rec thread so

>TTGL
>Baccano
>SZS
>decent
>>>/anywherebuthere/

But only TTGL and Baccano weren't forgettable.

Everything else you listed has faded away

all anime will be forgotten someday

And that day can't get here soon enough

Fuck, I'm falling for this rec thread, but I don't care.

>Yamato 2199
>Hataraku Maou Yuusha
>Katanagatari
>Jinrui
>Railgun S

>I challenge you to name more than 5 decent anime titles that premiered between 2007-2009
Either this is some kind of weird 2007 rec thread, or you're new as shit. Either way, fuck off.

>Bokurano
>debatable
It was butchered. There, end of debate.

I actually just dropped by from Reddit, this was my first post

Kill yourself.

Right on the hook!

Please, you're doing an easy troll post. Just eat shit and die with this obvious bait.

You live under a fucking rock.

>t. assblasted for his favorite anime not making the cut

I'd challenge you to provide criteria for "decent anime" but we all know it's subjective.

I'm more concerned that we're not seeing any anime with a lasting impact on the medium. Thanks to shipping the animation work overseas, character designs have only gotten more boring over time, and art styles have simply stagnated across the field. The last great advance was the early experiments in 3D animation (funded by the West, even: Matrix, Halo) that barely saw any adoption in the industry. It seems like outside of rare outliers like Redline and Space Dandy the studios in Japan just aren't interested in experimenting.

Why experiment when you can tweak a few characters, adjust a few plot point, and drop a waifu or two and have it fly off the shelves, both in Japan and internationally.

Or you spend a fuckton of money on experiments like Redline or Space Dandy, and the only ones who appreciate are a small group of hardcore anime fans, and then it's forgotten.

Was having Dandy premiere in the US first a good or bad thing? IIRC it didn't do much in Japan, and it's US run got botched pretty bad.

>I'm more concerned that we're not seeing any anime with a lasting impact on the medium.
What do you even mean by that? The rest of your post seems to be about experimentation, which really isn't the same thing. Are you asking for some huge shift, or what?

> the early experiments in 3D animation (funded by the West, even: Matrix, Halo)
Gonzo was doing 3D anime before the West funded anything. They were shit at it, but that's a different matter.

>the only ones who appreciate are a small group of hardcore anime fans
spot the new

>US Dandy premiere got botched

How?

>Thanks to shipping the animation work overseas, character designs have only gotten more boring over time
I'm not sure I really see a connection here, unless you intend to claim that the Koreans' lack of skill at drawing in-betweens somehow affects what the character designers are permitted to do, which seems like a real stretch, especially if it's just random speculation on your part.

SZS is great fag.

I may be forgetting details but
>Dandy premieres as the first show on Toonami for its first cour
>3 month delay for second cour
>Toonami has no money so they have to rerun the first cour right away
>reruns are doomed on Toonami no matter what
>few weeks go by
>head of Toonami spends nearly the entire years budget on Attack on Titan
>still 6-7 months of the year left
>second cour is ready
>because of how much they forked out for AoT, they were forced to air it first
>world premiere episodes of Dandy play AFTER 1 year+ old dub of AoT

wow thats just a load of horseshit through and through

source: i watched dandy on toonami and thats about the only thing i've ever bothered with since it was taken off air years ago

to clarify, there were no delays and toonami aired before japanese did (mostly because they had money in it)

>literally the only time watching Shitnami would ever be relevant
>they fuck it up for a FotM that is an awful adaptation

Jej

Yes, all but the final episode aired before Japan.

The main takeaway from my post was they took a world premiere, probably the only one they will ever get mind you, and tossed it on the backburner for a dub people had access to for nearly a year

they're funding flcl and god knows what else, so probably won't be the only one.

if you put it that way i guess it sounds bad? but you have to keep in mind mostly normies are watching toonami, so they don't even know about the subs. my normie buds only know about subs if i tell them

>normie
Fuck off, normalfag.

>anime dry spell like 2007-2009.

yoiu got to learn how to shitpost better. 2007-2009 was pretty close to the goldenage of post NGE anime.

>this thread
Every season
Every month

>But this is a thinly veiled rec thread so
Fuck off you paranoid faggot.

Wasn't that FLCL going to happen anyway though? I thought Adult Swim was just putting some cash down so they got permanent rights to it like they did with the original.

It's gonna suck, isn't it?

this whole post
>/thread

>all these people on the hook

We were but then Re:Zero came along.

2011-2014 was better

>Lucky Star
>Forgettable

Kill yourself faggot

I forgot about it pretty fast

I hope I forget about your shit taste just as fast so I can keep 'enjoying' this board.

I fucking wish I could forget about DtB.

I'm serious, what was Lucky Star even about

>image.jpg
every time

Can't we just block all mobile traffic?

sauce on the sleepy loli

Hiro needs to pay for all those fire extinguisher refills for the server room somehow

Another rec thread? I suggest Mahou Sensou, Pupa and Glasslip user, they're the absolute best recent shows and you won't be disappointed.

>But only TTGL and Baccano weren't forgettable.
What are you, twelve? Denno Coil, Darker than Black, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and Nodame Cantabile have threads constantly, and are just as popular if not more so.

>SZS isn't decent
I've seen major shit taste before, but yours is immense.

>I challenge you to name more than 5 decent anime titles that premiered between 2007-2009.
Obvious rec/bait thread. OP's a fag and possibly retarded.
But to add to what others have said, the following is just a partial list of what was enjoyable and memorable in that period:
Eden of the East, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, GA Geijutsuka Art Design Class, Hyakko, Casshern Sins, Sora no Otoshimono, Tentai Senshi Sunred, Kiruminzoo, Cross Game, Kemono no Souja Erin, Spice & Wolf, K-On! and Haruhi 2, Natsume Yuujinchou, Jigoku Shoujo, Higurashi, Ichigo Mashimaro Encore, Soul Eater, Tetsuwan Birdy, Hidamari Sketch, xxxHOLiC, Kure-nai, Aria, Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji, Sketchbook, Mononoke, etcetera, etcetera.

Nice rec thread. Just from 2016

>Konosuba
>Rakugo
>Anne Happy
>Kuma Miko
>Bakuon

2000-2010 were good times. 2011-present has been almost nothing but disappointment. Back in the day you'd drop any show that didn't have a "wow"-factor. Now you'll stick with anything that's "passable".

muh nostalgia

You can't block the API.

Shit taste.

/thread