What does Sup Forums think of college anime clubs? I'm

thinking of joining the one at my university in a

couple of weeks when school starts up but I'm

worried it'll be real cringey.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qxmFT6nFprs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Being American in the first place

No matter what you do, you're crigny. Just kill yourself and be done with it already. If you go to Sup Forums to discuss anime, you sure as hell wont like any casual place discussing anime.

I attended one meeting with my college's anime club, never went back. And at the second school I attended, the anime club posters were so stereotypical that I wasn't even tempted to visit.

It will be very cringey. It is a university after all.

"HEY GUYS EXCITED FOR THE NEW SWORT ART ONLINE MOVIE"

it does sound pretty cringey, i'd give it a shot though just go once, might make a few new friends or find qtpie anime gril

That was actually posted in their facebook feed.

I'll break it down for you:
You (uncomfortable)
2 weebs weebing out.
1 Otaku browsing on his laptop
1 guy lecturing on the propper way to pronounce "Ecchi".
1 maybe decent person (also uncomfortable)

I think I'll go once, maybe I could educate the masses or something.

you wont like it, there will be some tryhard colorful weebs who proudly claim theyre otaku, some strange kids who dont talk and cant socialize, theyll have shit taste and most of all they wont be able to handle the banter

hahaha with your superior anime knowledge and intellect?

>I'm worried it'll be real cringey.

Well it will be. Up to you what you want out of it.

It's not that but how they are unable to handle banter. You can have shit taste and still be cool with it.

Tl;dr people who cannot handle banter are boring.

I hope you like miyazaki

The Facebook page:

better off joining a games club or something like that which has nothing to do with anime, but will likely have people who also happen to like it

Give it a shot. If you don't like it you don't have to keep going. If you do maybe you'll make some friends. Nothing to lose outside of a few hours of your time.

>unironically being from florida

OH GOD
IT'S
Fucking horrible, as expected

Hey at least my vote gets a say in who the next president. Floridaman is quite the burden though.

currently member of an anime club. they are all pretty beta, there is one girl which gets orbited, but all in all they are pretty cool and got a great taste.

Good experiences are possible, but the conditions have to be pretty perfect. I had an anime club that was pretty chill rather than a complete garbage cringefest. My school was international and all of the clubmates studied for most of the week, so we watched some stuff together to take a load off and went our separate ways. Some shows enjoyed ironically, some not.

So if you're at a school where the students care about what they're doing at the school and aren't just going for muh college experience it might be good.

I mean, if you have literally no friends I don't see why not, not like you'd have a reputation to care about. If anybody has a positive opinion about you then I wouldn't bother.

They are great fampai.
though like any University club they tend to be full of filthy SJW's.
luckily I redpilled my club by putting on legend of the galactic heroes

Went to the one at my university and it wasn't too bad, but was mostly 18 year olds and awkward weebs.

If you're young and inexperienced socially you'll find a lot of like minded people. If you're older and have friends of your own you're wasting your time.

But this place is the better anime club

the average trump supporter IRL: archie bunker, only uses the internet to post pictures of their grandkids or some shit

the average trump supporter on the internet: annoying twitter anime avatar

how does this work?

>karaoke

Sup Forums?

>streaming

Nigga, just listen to the FPBP

USA is fucking cringey and Canada too most of the times

You literal white autists can't control your fucking autism, even your country and your fucking language is autism incarnate

So no matter what you do, everything from university and down is fucking full of cringe
Join a productive club or related to your field and don't fucking waste time of your young life in some fat as fatass weebs that will creep the fuck out of you because they look like they will grope you and rape the fuck out of you

t. /adv/

stop posting on Sup Forums dad

Fucking english language is giving me autism as well

SHIT
Memes + Trump actually is around here + Autism and muh heritage that will fade out anyway

Also remember that Sup Forums is always controversial depending of the time

>kissanime on your bookmarks

why is it only white people who use "white" as an insult?

post the flyer for anime athiests with free pasta

>history of jazz

>/adv/
fucking nice falseflag faggot

go back to Sup Forums

I went to two meetings of my colleges anime club around 2 years ago I think then never went back it was both cliquey and cringy as hell. Everyone sat in their little groups as far apart from the others as possible and did there best to exclude any newcomers. Then there was the cringe from the stereotypical fans shouting out random japanese phrases and sperging out over minor shit..

They had decent taste though they were watching baccano and love live that semester and they were planning to move to gits or love lab the next.

Didn't have friends where I started my studies and universities where I'm from don't have their own club activities, you find shit on your own.
Saw an ad for an anime/manga club in a game store and considered it for a moment, but thought better of it as they straight up called themselves "otakus" in it.

I'm not white
>Nyaa torrents
>On USA
Impressive
okay /adv/+Sup Forums but without the Trump hype and the "cuck" meme

You should join reddit instead. Fuck off.

I hate to break the news to you but I'm a horrible person that uses that website and deals with the clickbait ads on the side windows. I also have crunchroll premium and I torrent but sometimes I'm just a lazy shit. Sorry.

Mine is just full of Asian cosplayers.

>I also have crunchroll premium
You'd probably fit right in at the anime club then

Saw that too, didn't want to say anything though.

;_;

Iz not tru

I went to Anime Club when I was in high school.

It was half neckbeards, 1/4 ugly women, 1/8 nerds who'd correct you at every turn and the rest were kids who you'd say would probably end up shooting up the school.

Everyone spat out "baka", "kawaii", "desu" and whatever the popular catchphrase was at the time. One kid actually put in an effort to learn Japanese, and from what I remember he got to about 2-year-old level when using romaji. A couple kids would dress up, some would pretend to be some terrible trope. The only thing that really united them all is they all liked shit like Naruto and Sailor Moon, and about nothing else specifically.

I went there for the same reason I lurk /mlp/ and cringe sites. I love absorbing the autism and seeing what srage shit will happen this time. If you're not into that don't go, OP.

Why the fuck
are you typing
like this, user?

You ever been on an anime streaming website?

You ever seen the comment section of an episode?

That is what a anime club is.

Or, you know, if you're like the kids I described.

>CR PREMIUM

Go to the anime club, you'd like it.

OP apparently does. He streams his anime from KissAnime and uses CR. He'd fit right in.

Don't.

Unless you're someone like OP that actually has a crunchyroll account and goes to kissanime

OP is one of those cringey retards that'd fit right in

Expect fat dykes, desperate betas groveling at their feet, and all round shitty taste in anime.

youtube.com/watch?v=qxmFT6nFprs

Is this video you were watching?

You really fucked up posting here.

Jazz is the true American heritage, bitch

>Saving thubmnails

Shit, that sounds like fun. Doesn't being the only normal person in that environment with a sense of self awareness and inhibition give that superior feeling?

Blog incoming sorry.

So I'm in my third year of university. For some reason I thought to myself "fuck it let's go join the anime club". They were pretty well organised, even got a proper membership card and all. Pretty big club too, one of the biggest on campus.

Pay the membership fee ($7) and turn up to the welcome night event. As I'm entering, I spot a girl I vaguely know do I go in and sit with her. A bit later some dude sits next to me and he's kinda quiet.

I feel a bit sorry for the shy fellow so I start talking to him too. He's FOB as fuck so can't really relate. He was growing his hair out so I complimented it, saying "bto your hair is pretty cool".

Now I know we're all faggots here on this anonymous Cambodian stick-trading forum, but that still didn't prepare me for my off-hand compliment being rewarded with an actual faggot hitting on me for the next wee while.

After that, things were varied. The leaders of the club seemed more normal, guess they'd have to be because they represent the club and have to interact with outsiders. But I have never seen as many neckbeards, landwhales, and adult men with disgustingly dyed hair in one place in my life. Nor have I heard such a positive cheer reaction to the words "naruto" or "sword art online".

Needless to say I never went back.

College anime clubs are an easy way to strike a conversation with a girl. It wouldn't even have to be some landwhale who stinks, you could easily find some qts.

Watch Gundam thunderbolt

>watching anime youtubers
>streaming
>paying for cr
Literal cancer, how have you not been banned

I'm pretty it's country and bluegrass, you nigger.

>complimenting a guy's hair
>not expecting him to flirt back

??????

Yep. I'm aware that Gigguk's a pretty low common denominator kinda guy. But I've been trying to find someone to fill the void Demolition D left in my heart. The guys in Procrastinators Crew don't really scratch the itch in the same way. (Mother's Basement, Best Guy Ever, Digibro, etc.)

Get ready for some fuckin' greasy hair, shit tastes, and insufferable, cringey faggots. You'll wish you never went.

This thread is full of blog anyway

They're shit and not anime at all. Get the fuck out of here.
And if you want to talk about cringe (which is not something that belongs in here either), first fix

your dumb

way of typing.

Mine was full of weab Filipinos. Literally would flock around anyone who was East Asian or pasty skinned.

Mine is full of legit cuties.

nigga don't talk about ecelebs here, its a death wish

>know someone for only a few minutes
>compliment their looks
>somehow get surprised when they think you're hitting on them
You're the autist in that situation

So all those trap threads you started were a lie?

?

Quit fighting, white Appalachians and black Southerners have both contributed massively to American musical history (with both influencing rock, which is frankly the TRUE quintessential American genre as it came at a time when American culture was starting to spread worldwide)

If I took the time to list everything that's wrong with this thread, I'd run out of space in the reply box.
If only that loli user was here to get a mod's attention.

I joined my university's weeb club during my first year. It was pretty laid back, abd rarely cringey. We didn't do stupid shit. All we did was watch 4 episodes of 4 different anime series on Wednesdays and Thursdays. We would have 20 minutes aside for just casual talking and then go onto the next one unil the club meeting was over.

Shit was cash. I sat down with some bros and watched anime with them. The president had some pretty decent taste and had the typical Sup Forums taste so none of the choices he picked sucked, aside from Phantom World. He picked it up, hoping it would be good since he's a big KyoAni fan, but it got stuck on our schedule after he learned it was shit.

I highly recommend you at least give it a shot, and attend the first 1-3 meetings and make a final decision.

>the dream

Sup Forums goes full hivemind anger when e celebs are mentioned

He's right

I'll murder you, nigga

kys

how does it feel watching your last safe heaven get burned?

First reasonable and well thought out post tonight.

Thank you. I think I'll do that.

Ecelebs are all trash and you should honestly fuck off to reddit they'll fit you better

>implying they aren't massive attention whores capitalizing off weaboo beta spergs

McFucking kneck yourself, kiddo

Just don't. Had a friend in high school who was in the anime club and from what he told me, it was cringe general. I assume college is the same, if not worse.

Thank god my doubts was stronger than my curiosity. The only time I almost considered visiting was because they were doing a Redline screening and I had a lot of free time.

iz true

iz not tru (knowledge is power)

iz not tru

iz not tru (404 gril not found)

iz tru

iz tru

iz tru

iz tru

iz shood

iz tru

iz maybe

iz tru

iz hero

iz wince

iz tru

iz not tru ;-;

iz obzervent

iz not tru

iz tru

iz tru

samefag

Delete this thread mods.

This, desu.

My university literally did that shit. They offered free shrimp pasta or something to my anime club for everyone who attended.

There's no fucking way someone memed it onto Sup Forums. No fucking way. It was a dumb idea, but I wanted the pasta:

What the fuck is a gigguk, digibro and the rest you mentioned?

How does one kneck?

Mods are dead or this thread would be gone and op would've been publicly banned by now

Is it the same faggot that goes on every single thread to post "desu", or is it a group of people trying to undermine America and HIS great country?

mine had 5 people 3 girls and 2 dudes all big gundam/gunplafags
shame i got kicked when i said g reco sucked ass and tomino lost his touch after zeta