Why are malls in North America dying?

Why are malls in North America dying?

They're literally on life support

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lGXzE-V61qw
youtube.com/watch?v=XO4luf3PRC4
youtube.com/watch?v=jUb2MQKsKk0
zerohedge.com/news/2015-01-05/we-are-extremely-over-retailed-picturing-death-americas-malls
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bezos

Oddy enough i was just watching some 'Dead Malls'.

youtube.com/watch?v=lGXzE-V61qw

Malls we're set up for low income, community dwelling. The stores were an excuse to make them in the first place.

Wait 5 years before news starts covering this as a trend.

Internet shopping. The Jews are still getting their shekels but the community continues to decay.

1. Niggeres. They move like locus from one mall to another as they destroy them one at a time.
2. Internet shopping

Because malls are shit made by (((them))) in order to sell (((their))) shitty brands. But people are starting to ger redpilled, so they are buying products made by local producers.

Millenials are fags.

That has to be one of the most retarded things I've read all day.

online shopping

theft

high prices to compensate for their high rent/high theft

Same reason movie theaters and video games are dying.
Jews have nothing interesting to sell me, and its full of niggers.

Young people's lack of disposable income

The malls around here are full of niggers. I hope they don't die simply because I don't want the niggers anywhere else.

100% this

Niggers stealing which raises prices of products.

/thread

Niggers, online shopping, and white millennials/Z having more accessible, lazier hobbies (if that's what you want to call shitposting, Facebook, and YouTube) to choose from.

stop recreating this thread

because amerifats prefer sharting in walmart now?

This. I used to love going to the mall by house when I was younger, watched as the groids slowly started to invade it, became shittier and shittier eventually violence started breaking out there and suddenly you didn’t feel safe going to the mall anymore. Plus, why would I go to the mall when I can shop naked at home.

This is true.

youtube.com/watch?v=XO4luf3PRC4

This is pretty damn true. I know for a fact that a Danish mall, much smaller than your american ones but whatever, died out because the town it was placed in got filled with gangs and then nobody felt safe and comfy shopping there anymore.

Odd. My local mall is doing fine and people are going to it all the time.

Why are the malls full in China then?

You know how much it costs to heat and cool a mall?

Outdoor town center designs are more modern and replacing those commie looking blocks of shit

Why would anyone want to go to a nigger zoo?

youtube.com/watch?v=jUb2MQKsKk0

amazon

>be me
>grew up in small Midwestern town
>go to the mall all the time whenever mom or dad needed new shit
>once they were done shopping for what they wanted, we went to the toy store
>sometimes we would go to the movies
>after that mom would let me go to the arcade
>go on some of the rides
>get some tasty pizza or tendies
>every Christmas time we would go and see santa at the mall
>there was even a Christmas cho cho train
>hang out there with my friends or gf every Friday after school
>we would go to the movies, arcade or bought some new shit we wanted
>got my first job there at the movie theater at the concessions stand

>go back 12 years later
>90% of the stores are gone, the rest are faggot hipster stores
>almost empty
>most "people" in there were niggers muh dikking
>arcade, restaurants and movies were gone
just fuck my shit up senpai

This.

Malls during holidays were super fucking comfy to be in, especially during Christmas.

Now it's mostly gone.

>malls combine all store's inventories into one website
>search for an item, the website tells you exactly where to find it in the mall
>amazon irrelevant

if these dumbass dinosaur retailers can't adapt to survive they deserve to go

This sucks. When I was a teenager I would meet up at the local mall with the other mallrats every weekend. There were at least 60 people every week. We'd all sneak off to smoke joints in the parking lot and have vodka in water bottles and taco bell cups, and there was always a party somewhere afterwards. Man, I would get laid every weekend from some emo/scene cunt, sometimes somewhere in the mall. Those were the glory days senpai :,)

Yep. 100% of the time this is how a malls dies. Internet shopping only accelerates it but niggers are the main driving force.

"We Are Extremely Over-Retailed" Picturing The Death Of America's Malls

zerohedge.com/news/2015-01-05/we-are-extremely-over-retailed-picturing-death-americas-malls

find the way malls are climate controlled is underlooked, malls are busiest here during winter because people go there to walk around without heavy winter clothes

big advantage of the outdoor malls is it's like a commercial neighborhood with no homeless

My most recent mall story

>Need new socks and board shorts
>Find board shorts first
>$60
>For a pair of polyester shorts made in China
>lolno
>Find socks, reasonable price
>One nigress in line in front of me can't figure out how to buy clothes
>Wait 10 minutes and say fuck this, put the socks back because I'm not a nigger and go home with nothing
>Buy the exact same polyester shorts with a different logo embroidered on them online for $15 each

What city? Is it more of a suburb mall and is there a nearby bus stop that connects to the ghetto? Niggers aren't just going to drive there, so they won't shit it up if you restrict their "migration".

E-commerce is outcompeting them.

>>malls combine all store's inventories into one website
>>search for an item, the website tells you exactly where to find it in the mall
>>amazon irrelevant

But is that how people shop at malls?

it's more about wandering and browsing, isn't it?

You'll be delighted to learn that Amazon is contemplating doing this themselves.

Perhaps people want dead malls to exist, so they can hide somewhere when the snow falls, so they don't have to sleep outside?

Maybe dead houses and malls are required for a functional society?

Jews.

and rent is too damn expensive for the individual stores, causing them to raise their prices, which drives people to stay home and buy shit online even more.

HUGE ass malls acutally suck, people prefer smaller market places. That and also probably amerifats hate walking too much.

That channel is max comfy.

>Why are malls in North America dying?
I see you've never been to Orlando/South Florida.

literally nogs

>preserving the lives of unproductive transients through structural decay is actually good for society!

sweden - not even once

Nigger tier malls need to die . Americans are sick of malls with niggers and ghetto shit for sell . I stopped going to malls in the inner city full low life niggers and classless spics and chinks . Besides I don't buy into ghetto culture neither should any decent America . A lot of cultural trash is forced on the American public by Hollywood trash , Jews who only care about the bottom line and shekels . Reject Jewish cultural trash by American Jews and their urban minions .

Internet sales
/thread

mall shopping is more about browsing around and impulse buying but if you can look on the internet and see the item you want right now is in stock at a certain store you may be more inclined to drive down there for that item and possibly buy something from other stores and maybe get something from the food court while you are there.

>tl;dr decent idea

Correct. Malls are infested with niggers. I would rather order online and have it show up at my door rather than wade through packs of hooting niggers to pick up an item on the same day.

When I go to the mall it makes me sad.

Not because of the negros, or the shitty stores, or the overpriced garbage, or the poor people, or the fact that all the stores are dying...

But because I see how poorly all the people their train their kids. I see kids crying, screaming, running around underfoot, and running amok everywhere with ZERO control from their parents. I swear to god if I had acted like any of these kids, my mom would have beat my ass blue with a wood spoon. I had to stay within 2 feet of her, and WALK everywhere, and be polite and wary of strangers.

Seriously the mall is depressing for this one reason: you see the kids who will be adults in 10-15 years and how they are raised.

>t. born in 1993

They're not cultural institutions. The kind of people who hang out at malls, I know nothing about. Does anyone do that?
Anyway, shopping sucks. It's a chore. Browsing stupid, unnecessary items for the particular stupid, unnecessary item that I actually want... I don't go shopping without a good idea what I want. It's too much of a drag. It's better done quick to scrape back time for other things, so internet shopping is to my tastes a great advance.

Fucking love dead mall series. Wish he would do more.

The people who wander around at the mall near me are degenerate pieces of human filth, so I'm okay with that dying off.
link?

I live in a sorta small town 70-80k

But our mall gets fucking popping on the weekends.

Has a big food court and even still has an arcade

Emperor Bezos destroyed them.

Yep. There are several malls near me. They were all thriving before black people started showing up. Now the stores are just gross. They smell bad because you can't have a hundred niggers in the same area and have it smell good. And they're filthy. Black people will just throw things like clothes on the ground instead of putting them back properly. Since the employees are also black they don't bother to clean up. There are two malls left that haven't been completely taken over and are still nice to go to.

online shopping
free delivery

There is also one phenomenon that you are missing: people these days LOVE spending way too much time on the internet. They would rather like to browser youtube for 2 hours than to go to mall for some shopping, so they just order online.

(I personally hate going to shopping desu, worst experience)

>Why are malls in North America dying?

I don't know? You'd think people don't want to go out and be raped, robbed, beaten or murdered by feral black Africans.

I stopped going to our mall when the nignogs pretty much took over, all the decent stores closed, whatever was left was high-priced shit. Haven't been back in 15+ years. A better option came when an open air mall was built. No nignogs.

Part of the E-commerce is subsidize by your tax dollars we are literally paying to destroy these communities every package Amazon sends cost the tax payer 32 cents making Bezos richer and destroying small businesses

Yeah. Thought it was funny that people were attributing it to internet shopping. Nah, Niggers have been destroying malls since before there was even an internet.

>A better option came when an open air mall was built.

This too, outdoor malls are FAR superior. They don't smell like shit like normal malls, and people don't loiter out between the stores.

I wonder why outdoor malls have a better class of people. Is it because you have to drive to get there usually?

Their infrastructure is too strained, which encourages local commerce rather than relying on a slower, unreliable supply-chain. I've ordered things from

China and it takes 3-4x longer to get out of China from a coastal province than to get across the entire continental US.

>Outdoor mall
.. so, a regular shopping district?

The only malls that smell like shit are the ones filled with black people because they don't shower and will hose themselves down with Axe body spray to "cover" the stench with more stench. Open air malls are just a bandaid for that.

Last time I was in the mall I saw a black girl walk into Victorias Secret, pick out a bunch of shit and then just sprint out of the mall and jump into her friends car in the parking lot that was waiting for her.

No one even chased her.

Then they just go to another mall and return the shit and complain until the manager gives them cash.

My girlfriend worked at A&F for a while and said most of the transactions were people returning stolen shit. They are supposed to get a copy of your drivers license if you return shit but a lot of them are illegal mexicans with no paperwork anyways or they try to use identification that clearly isn't them. The only real customers were Asians that thought that faggy prep shit was elite fashion. Company is going out of business now.

America is more rural than your country, achmed. We have outdoor malls built out on their own plots of land far from urban centers. Usually one company will just buy a few acres and build like 20 huge buildings that get rented out to department stores and a few bars/restaurants.

>free delivery

Because when I sell something online and say "free shipping" the post office, UPS or FedEx will just come by, pick it up and deliver it to you for free.

>be me
>sell on Amazon Prime
>most popular selling item we get 11$ for in pocket
>Amazon buyers pay 19$ with (((free shipping)))

You're probably the same kind of dumb shit that believes in "free healthcare".

I went into A&F since my girlfriend used to work there. It just seems like a shittier more expensive version of GAP.

It’s not because of Amazon or online shopping. That makes up only 10 percent of the retail sales. The economy is declining and it’s picking up speed on the down slope. America is losing world reserve currency status and the petro dollar system is collapsing. The fiat money system has only a finite life span and that is coming to an end. It’s no coincidence that China has been built up as the worlds manufacturing centre for the last few decades. The central bankers will soon move their operations to China.

>tfw feel like we were the last gen to get beat
>it made us better

This is also the same with the county fair

>go to the county fair every year as as a child
>Burger King night meant we could ride all the rides unlimited for $10
>fair keeps being awesome all the way through high school
>take girl friends there as a cheap date night
>the lights, the food, the rides, the atmosphere was amazing
>about 2 years after high school more and more blacks start to show up
>people are being harassed, things getting stolen, fights start
>I stopped going the year they decided to have a rap concert at the fair
>sure enough several people are shot at the fair during the rap concert

It sucks because I want to be able to take my kids to the fair but as far as I know it's still ghetto Disney Land.

What he means is its no extra cost compared to buying in shop

Buy PS4 in shop £300
Buy PS4 online £300 with no extra charge for post

The internet makes up 50% of retail sales, retard.

i hope i can find a wife who won't call the cops if i spank my kids

firm but fair way to teach discipline

inb4 "i was never beat but i turned out great"

childhood discipline is not one-size-fits-all, if you grew up in a great environment with no negative influences theres a good chance you didn't need to get hit

I guarantee both stores get their clothes from the same factory in China, made by the same 12-year-olds, and at the end of the assembly line, they just sew a different logo on the clothes.

People buying less doesn't account for this number of malls closing. People going less to malls is. And don't give me the bullshit about amazon, almost nobody buys everything online.
It's the niggers, and spics.
We are doing the racial segregation ourselves and it kills the malls unfortunately.

all this mall nostalgia is really people not realizing how shitty they always were but we had fewer options for consuming goods and entertainment then

>nigga does not understand consumers can sort by price AND shipping
kek

This is true. If I order anything from China it takes at a bare minimum two weeks to arrive.

>not beating your wife too

not gonna make it

>implying time isn't valuable.

SAGE! This is a common slide thread. See 4plebs

who cares, GAP is cheaper and their child-chink-made clothes are nicer and look less faggoty

so they get my money

>not just beating them emotionally

I know. I was ripping on A&F and the idiots who shop there because it's the exact same clothes with a different logo and bigger price tag.

All malls should die, wasting energy and nature. And fuck off my shitty country because we dont have such a lacoste,ralph lauren,abercrombie here so i need to buy it online. So fuck off owners. Internet is the future.

Well the economy has been on life support, it's close to crashing in fact

No, the mall was just better when I was younger. Case in point is that the theater there is still open. But white people do not go to that theater anymore because there are little nigglets that with run around the theater and scream while the movie is playing. The last time I was there a little black kid ran down by the screen and started dancing in the middle of the movie. His mother was there but she clearly did not give a fuck.

no it makes total sense. ive been toying that idea for some time. make them high end retirement centers.

self contained, climate controlled its actually perfect. rework each store unit into a small apartment. lease out and win. you will see a few stores FIGHT to be included in them.

the center could have controlled access. so no more walkin niggers. Pre Aproved members could enter and thier fees would help pay for overhead costs.

t. someone from 2007

You need more Mexicans.

Mexicans fucking LOVE malls.

niggers move close; whites move away, malls die

Someone explain exactly what niggers do? I grew up in a white area.

People blame the death of big-box retail on Amazon/Newegg/etc but do you know anyone who uses those things more than once or so a month?
Part of me just thinks it's a symptom of middle-class-death. They can pump the stock market all they want- the amount of people living paycheck to paycheck, and blowing all their money on basic necessities is high as ever

Prices too high, absurd rents, very little to offer that you can't get online.

It's that simple.

They nig.

>loud and obnoxious
>steal
>fight
>smell
>harass and roam in packs
>general unpleasant to be around

I'm only saying that there's no such thing as "free shipping". YOU are paying you dumb motherfucker.

Literally swing by my shop and I'll sell the item for 10$ cash, or pay 19$ for it with "free" shipping on Amazon. It's not rocket science, the "free" shipping actually costs you 8-9$

>all this mall nostalgia is really people not realizing how shitty they always were

No they used to be really nice and the center of teenage social life back in the 80's 90's.

>Millenial who never picked up skanky teenage sluts at the mall.