How would you fix Evangelion? If it was me...

How would you fix Evangelion? If it was me, I'd give it a happy ending with Shinji and Asuka ending up together and saving the planet. Misato and Shinji's father also get together and she becomes Shinji's new mom.

Other urls found in this thread:

www14.big.or.jp/~ayase/info/evainfo1.html
1731298478.tumblr.com/post/63536630801/anno-making-the-last-two-episodes-it-felt-like
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Also more Penpen screen time.

but we had a pretty good ending with EoE. just ignore the rebuilds and nge is fine

It's perfect. To change anything would ruin it. We saw this happen with the rebuilds. Just listen to and all is fine.

You know, it's people like you expressing their opinions in focus groups that lets us have all these bland predictable as fuck movies, tv-series and mongolian puppet theatres that swamp the market today.
You look at NGE and you think your changes would "fix" it?
Please kill yourself.

haha this is awful nigga

waiiiiiiiit isnt rebuilds just a remake of the original? with a few small differences? i was just about to watch them

>small differences

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, THOSE DIFFERENCES RUINED IT

Nah, the ending was too complicated for my taste. Also there's no romance in the show apart from Misako and that dude with ponytail.
Also I think the show would benefit from a few filler episodes like Shinji, Rei and Asuka going to the beach.

The first rebuild is a remake with minor pointless changes that just serve to annoy you. The second one is a partial remake that goes off the rails with stupid fanservice and a horrible ending that brain-dead retards here like because it's "hype". The third one is an entirely new story. The fourth one is a myth.

thank you for your wisdom brothers, i have been enlightened

Not sure if troll or just shit-taste faggot.

differences that somehow manage to make it worse than it already was

If you are a troll then you are the best troll 2016.
If not, try reading the spin off mangas especially shinji ikari raising project.

The first half was kind of boring and repetitive.

Kill yourself shipper.

At least he's not a Rei shipper

Only nu-males like Rei

that was pretty good op

>hetshit ending
No, thanks.

After defeating the Evangelion, Shinji declares his love for Asuka since their first kiss early on the series. Later Gendo tells him how proud he is and that his mother would be happy. He also reveals he and Misato are seeing each other in other to provide Shinji with a normal family. They all move together and when Shinji goes back to school next summer he's welcomed by all of his friends: Hikari, who's dating Toji, Kensuke and Rei. The final episode will be all of them enjoying a nice day at the beach.

You make me want to rummage up my old eva fanfics I wrote when I was a teen.

I would make Asuka die from the choking at the end and make Rei get back her body and memories of I, II and Rei III back so she could go back home with Shinji while holding hands. Rei II knew she was in love with him but she got killed by Angel before she could confess.

Unironically shoot yourself. Weakest bait in centuries.

That's a nice idea but killing a character is a no-no. Why not turn in to a harem and make Rei and Asuka fight for Shinji's love instead!?

Go to the tallest building in your town, climb to the rooftop, and jump. You are a faggot.

EoE is a retcon.

Because she is a bitch, harems are shit and rei is best girl. Asuka could reunite with her dead mother or something in afterworld or in between. She can't handle real life anyway.

>this is what toiletcucks actually believe

Rei is nothing more than a shitty toilet plot-device who got popular with emasculated neckbeards with toilet fetishes

Rei is literally shit who eats herself

Eva didn't have a sad ending you dull cunt.

>EoE is a retcon
Nah, EoE was the original planned ending, the TV ending was an emergency measure that Anno wasn't even sure he wanted to do.

I think 4.0 should end with Asuka in a bright future while Rei is shown to be dead and in hell.

I'd drop the whole instrumentality schlock. It was a pretty neat notion in high school, but Shinji should just grow up and become a responsible adult

>Generic piece of shit of an ending
I'm happy the way evangelion ends.

There is nothing manly in enjoying getting abused and dominated. Real men chooses Rei because her know he can handle relationship with a girl who doesn't intact with you just because, but needs you to make moves, push relationship forward and make sure she feels comfortable, safe and loved.
Asuka is easy modo, she interacts and talks with you without any real reason, she says out loud what she thinks and how she feels, you don't even need to move relationship forward because she does it for you, just like she kissed shinji. She also panders to masochists and other pathetic betas.
Liking fictional girls is for betas anyway, but asuka is for more pathetic ones. Rei requires from you to be a least a little of the man.

>real men choose the blow up doll because she's more easy to handle
>implying you can't protect Asuka

So this...is the power...of the toiletfag

Nope. Asuka is easier to handle.
Real man choose rei because they don't need to be dominated and can lead in relationship.
You can protect asuka but majority of her fans only talk about her body and usually ignore her personality.

>real men choose rei because they need a fuckdoll that won't snap at them

This looks shopped.

Rei does snap, like when she slapped shinji when he was acting like a faggot.
However, Asuka doesn't do that, she only talks big but in fact is weak and break down when something doesn't goes well.

and then back to instrumentality

How would you fix Evangelion?
Keep NGE Episodes 1 to 26 and EoE and after EoE have one short final film to give closure to what just happened in EoE and then get rid of rebuild and all the other crap.

>Misato and Shinji's father also get together
Wtf

Rei is Gendo's bitch.

she stops that in eoe

I'm going to kill my self because if this

>I'd give it a happy ending with Shinji and Asuka ending up together and saving the planet.
>Not having Shinji and Kaworu getting together, showing that angels and humans can co-exist and that their love was able to conquer the hatred between the races
Shit taste mh friend

Kaworu would try to become a human and go to the same school as Shinji, Rei and Asuka.

exactly my opinion

>fix evangelion

I'd remake the series to be entirely around Shinji's highschool fantasy.

>gendo with misato
But gendos already fucking ritsuko

Make the first 15 episodes interesting and remove Asuka

Eva fixed

Shit taste desu

When does 4.0 come out

It doesn't

Does anyone else here self-insert themselves into Evangelion and daydream about it?

i would make every character even more broken and the mental issues would come to light much earlier in the show

Is that a joke? The only main character whose mental issues don't come to the forefront immediately are Asuka's.

Nop shingi needs to be more depressed just like asuka the sadder the better

Some things shouldn't be said even as a joke.

Remove the rebuilds from existence

I'd probably remove Asuka all together. Or at least make it so she realizes her own faults by the end. I would also have more development to Rei, since she really had nothing about her besides 'I love Ikari' and 'I'm a blind tool for Instrumentality'.

I'd also have Misato come back instead of Asuka since Shinji clearly liked and relied on her more. But sadly, that would also require more development beforehand.

The biggest problem with Eva as a whole is the focus on isolation and avoiding others. But since this was the central theme, it can't really be fixed. Fixing it would create an entirely new story.

how is the theme itself a problem?

Thats disgusting, you shipper. Asuka is a cunt who does not deserve Shinji.

Rei had far more to her than you imply.

Character development usually relies on characters interacting. By having the main theme of the show being the opposite, it creates unique problems.

Eva still obviously had character development. But most of it was implied or deflection. And by the end of the show, you had entire episodes devoted to characters looking into empty rooms and lamenting what they didn't do.

Like this

Before misato died , did she say she'd fuck Shiji if he was victorious?

Like what? I just rewatched the show last week. She has two episodes where she's the focus, but most of it just comes down to her memories of Ikari and smiling at Shinji. Then almost 15 episodes go by where Asuka is the focus and she does little more than get interrupted every time she talks and told to be the backup in every battle. Then even in Rei III, she isn't the focus of the episode and dies a pointless death.

After that, about all there is to Rei is being told to start instrumentality. Then going against Gendo and joining with Lilith to lead to another pointless death.

Asuka was a mistake.

She did.

You're wrong.The only scheduling issues were with episode 25. Episode 26 was always meant to be as originally aired. Anno has said this several times in interviews, including pretty recent ones.

She knew she was dying, and had only one way left to try to motivate the useless lump she'd been dragging around. Only he really wasn't into that cougar pussy.

The show still has a shitload of character interaction. The point isn't just that everyone is avoiding each other, the theme is more focused on the problems caused by the dissonance of wanting to connect with people but also fearing the pain that might come due to that connection.

O-oh my

Found the feminist cunt.

>>>/tumblr/

>Anno has said this several times in interviews, including pretty recent ones.
Source? I've never heard anything of the sort.

She stops it in the TV series. EoE is a an irrelevant retcon anyway.

>fix Evangelion
If you "fixed it" the whole thing would be pointless.
Just pretend like the remakes don't exist.

I would gladly make the anime adaption of the manga.

www14.big.or.jp/~ayase/info/evainfo1.html

"
Hayashibara: So everyone is thinking the TV series didn't end there.

Anno: Mm.

Hayashibara: So...

Anno: At present, it won't be in the form of an OVA. Um, with regard to episodes 25 and 26, they will be - how would you say it - coupled, or we plan to have both [versions] released together. So the version based on the original scenario is going to be made after this, and that together with the on-air version, these two together will comprise the episode 25 and episode 26 [release]. That's the form I expect it to take.

Hayashibara: So there will be two episode 25s.

Anno: Right, it will be a multi-ending.

Hayashibara: So, a dual... ah, a multi-ending. After episode 24 the endings will diverge.

Anno: Right.

Hayashibara: There will be two of them.

Anno: There will be two of them.

Hayashibara: Ah, two endings.

Anno: Yes.

Hayashibara: But it's a kind of - it's strange to say paradox - []?

Anno: Right.

Hayashibara: In terms of gaming - is it called a simulation game? What do you call it? The ending for that particular self changes as you go on through the game.

Anno: Right, a multi-ending game.

(cont)

Hayashibara: You took this road so you went here. You took this road so you went here. The ending changes. That's how it goes.

Anno: Um. Evangelion is my live performance. Since I create it with this sense of it being live, what I'm thinking now, what I'm feeling now, my current mood, all this gets transferred onto film - that was the initial theme, or the theme I had in my mind.

Hayashibara: Right.

Anno: The idea was to do it as honestly as I could. Well, among other things, you have general opinion, you have the opinions of other people, things you have to do, things you can't do... um...

Hayashibara: Limitations?

Anno: Right. these limits, but then I create according to my own ethics. In short, the initial [idea] was to purge everything not part of myself.

Hayashibara: Ha ha ha.

Anno: The final episode ended up being that way on television, and, well, with it [Evangelion] ended once, but I'll be remaking it once more. Ah, it's strange to say remaking, because I'll be going back to the initially completed scenario, but when I actually do it, I imagine I'll probably have rewritten the scenario as it is now, but my current feelings will be reflected [in it]. So, since those will be my feelings after two or three months have passed, I wonder how things will turn out when I sit down to think about Evangelion's ending. What will happen? So that [version] will also be included when the video is released.

Hayashibara: Are your feelings something that change that suddenly? Or maybe they are, for Anno-san.

Anno: Um.

Hayashibara: Isn't what is really there something that doesn't change?

Anno: Probably that [something] doesn't change. But what I'm thinking, what I want to see, what I'm thinking about, I think that these things change.

Hayashibara: Ah, I see. And then probably the methodology changes.

Anno: Right, right.

Hayashibara: For example, this is a simple example, but take an apple, you describe it, for example, as "delicious," as "red," as "ripe," with various, there are various ways of describing one thing.

Anno: Right, the angle changes.

Hayashibara: Even if ultimately you want to say "apple." When the way you say it, or the method you use to express it, or the way you convey it changes, it becomes something different for the recipient.

Anno: Hmm. Well, in regards to the TV versions of episodes 25 and 26 - how do I put it? Hmm. Well, it's easiest to just say there are a number of different factors.

Hayashibara: Ah, there are. So you feel you want to pour that "live self" within you into the video version.

Anno: Right, doing it again, if I can do it after some time has passed, then my feelings at that time will probably be represented in the new versions of episodes 25 and 26. Only, I have no desire to repudiate what is there now, because that represents my present feelings.

1731298478.tumblr.com/post/63536630801/anno-making-the-last-two-episodes-it-felt-like

Anno: [Making the last two episodes] it felt like my brain kept on producing all these chemicals. When I saw episode 25 after first putting it together, I thought, “I’m a genius.” However, when I re-edited and re-watched it afterwards, I was crushed. It was no good at all. I was embarrassed my lack of ability. I apologize to the staff.

Takekuma: Well, but, the last scene in the final episode was quite something, where the screen cracks and everyone is applauding and congratulating the main character. Watching that, I felt like I was going crazy. It was like, how far are you going with this…?

Anno: Well, there were a lot of things I was thinking about there. The biggest reason [for that scene], I have no intention of revealing. The heart of it, I won’t tell anyone. The most crucial part of the reason why I made episode 26 like that - I still haven’t revealed that anywhere, including in [this magazine,] Quick Japan. That part at least, I won’t tell anyone.

Oizumi: You mean, some personal, formative experience you can’t tell anyone?

Anno: Something a bit more ideological. In these interviews for Quick Japan, we’ve only gone about as far as the inner moat [of the castle]… Well, that part, I’ll be taking to my grave.

(From “Epilogue” / Parano)

Sadamoto: (Kotono Mistuishi) cried reading a script, for example. When Anno-san heard that - guts pose! (laughing)

Masayuki: What episode was that?

Sadamoto: 25.

Takekuma: Misato’s voice actress cried reading the script?

Sadamoto: So Anno did a guts pose. The supervisor of the manga also cried [reading it], and when Anno heard that, he did another guts pose (laughing). He was victorious, because two members of society had been reduced to tears. However, after it was finished, people told him various things, and he went into a state of collapse. What happened to the guts pose? (laughing)

Masayuki: When he was making episode 25 he was saying, “I’m a genius.” Then after it had broadcast, he came out of his room looking dazed. “Why did I make such a strange thing?” (laughing)

Sato: The last episode was the same, wasn’t it?

Masayuki: Well, he didn’t say anything about the last episode. Just with episode 25, he seemed to be extremely pleased with it. Then when he saw the broadcast, it was like, “I’m an idiot…” (laughing)

Sato: Afterwards he was looking at the reactions on message boards from a distance (laughing). Although he was saying he was going to ignore them, he was still looking out of the corner of his eye at the monitor. “I’m probably not going to look….” he said. “Right, I’m not going to look.”

Sadamoto: But I thought that the final two episodes were fine. I thought it was simply a matter of the connecting episode between episodes 24 and 25 being missing. That’s why we’re doing the original episode 25 (the remake version) now. I think it’s just that that episode was missing. I saw the initial script. If the original episode 25 had been there, then there would have been a clear link leading up to the television versions of episodes 25 and 26. Just one episode was missing. So I thought [the ending] was fine.

Masayuki: We know that because we’re the people who worked on [the series].

Sadamoto: So in my mind there’s a clear link [bridging episode 24 and 25]. But the ordinary viewers, although they wanted to see the continuation of episode 24, it was omitted. So, they got mad at it.

Oizumi: That’s completely right.

Sadamoto: They couldn’t see the relationship [between 24 and 25].

Tsurumaki: Well, it’s because the original episode 25 script was completed [but not used].

Sadamoto: Because I’ve seen [that script], I thought, [watching the ending], well, even this much is fine.

(From “On the Final Two Episodes” / Parano)

None of this suggests that EoE was a retcon or that Episode 26 was made how he originally planned it. It's a bunch of non-answers and vague theory and craft stuff, like it always is. And even if Anno's opinion on how the ending of the series should be changed in between the finale of NGE and EoE, I still fail to see how that makes EoE illegitimate. The show went through a shitload of changes throughout.

>entire episodes devoted to characters looking into empty rooms and lamenting what they didn't do.
I mean, that's my shit if done well.

I think that's just a matter of personal preference, not a concrete flaw of the show

Both endings are legitimate, why are you people so obsessed with the idea of enclosing a story into a single format or make it "closed"

All of it is content created by the same people at the same time

There are other interviews in which he literally says that unlike episode 25, episode 26 aired as he intended it to be. I just can't find them at the moment since it never occured to me to bookmark them or save them offline.

There are even more interviews where he actively defends the end of the TV series and says he is pleased with it. The only part with significant issues is episode 25, and even in these quotations, you can see that the executive meddling didn't do him much good messing up his schedule there.

25 is almost a recap, except a thematical recap rather than a plot recap. 26 though is pure new content and can't really be chalked to budget issues or Anno rushing the deadline. 26 is much better than 25.

>There are even more interviews where he actively defends the end of the TV series and says he is pleased with it.
I know Tsurumaki has said things like this in some interviews, but I've never heard Anno do the same.

I have to agree with this user, there's really no reason to debate over which ending is legitimate.

So Gendo and Misato would end up together? The fuck. I would make it so that Misato and Shinji become lovers.

see

Like everything you just glossed over. Rei's relationship with Shinji is indeed part of the character, but you've clearly missed out on Rei's struggle to identify what or who she really is, which arguably makes up the majority of the character.

The deaths are anything BUT pointless, as they serve as a kick in Rei's ass and actually furthers her character. Practically speaking, Rei dying at this point literally saved everyone else, even herself in some twisted way.

Then finally she doesn't "die", she gets to go and be what she wants to be, she's essentially godlike by the end of the series. Did you not see the giant angelic being above the world, did you not notice how Rei's otherwordly presence goes back to episode one, right to the end?

Especially "the blind tool for instrumentality" is stupid since Rei is nearly the only character reflecting on the issue or guiding another (Shinji) about it.

Stop lying to my face user. You're clearly retarded or out to be an edgy cunt. No wonder your opinion on the rest of Eva is so bad when you're this crucially misinformed.

Eva had untold popularity. And with that comes unrealistic expectations. The most hardcore fans are also the most judgemental.

What's honestly the most amazing thing Eva did as a series was create the two biggest waifus in history. Then make them go crazy and die. Yet the fanbase still loved the girls and the show. Imagine if any other show, from Love Hina to Haruhi, had done such a thing. The fanbase would have screamed bloody murder and the show would have been forgotten. But Eva persists.

She wanted to fuck him, she tries to fuck him after Rei dies, but he's a wuss and refuses her advances.

>Rei's relationship with Shinji is indeed part of the character
Which is really only based on two very subtle events.

>but you've clearly missed out on Rei's struggle to identify what or who she really is, which arguably makes up the majority of the character.
All the main characters have this same struggle. Its the overall theme of the show. So it doesn't really help Rei stand out when Asuka, Shinji and Misato are also struggling to find who they are. And have similar monologues.

>Not wanting a slice of life EVA with Asuka and Shinji's daughter bullying Shinji

I live off Shinji's misery.

She wanted to have sex with him because its how she gets over her own pain. Its not so much that she was sexually attracted to Shinji as much as she wanted to help ease his pain. But, as is one of the major points of the show, every character has different issues. And while sex helps Misato, it wouldn't help Shinji. Which leads to another issue of the show. No one understands what the other character needs.