Let's have a Vampire thread

Let's have a Vampire thread.

Just finished Vampire Hunter D, the 2000 version, and it was fucking amazing. The animation was really fluid, more than most action anime these days. Also been a while since I've seen a good tragedy.

Kiss-shot's allowed if they don't bite

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BGHo8no7Wdo
youtube.com/watch?v=7_c67_4d-pk
youtube.com/watch?v=Jle2I1mSUWI&list=PL233956656E665A75&index=18
youtu.be/fvCwXhK5Fno
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=305167
youtube.com/watch?v=rBPegoYoD9Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Don't forget that fucking soundtrack.
youtube.com/watch?v=BGHo8no7Wdo

85 had some interesting visuals too.

The OVA is actually much more sweetened than the novel, so it's not that tragic.
The ending song was GOAT.
youtube.com/watch?v=7_c67_4d-pk

Yah I figured, still teared up when the grill dies ;_;

At least she got to go to space in death

I teared up when Leila's granddaughter was all waaaaah at D and you could see that D was really happy to be there even though it was to keep his promise to Leila.

That was more cute/cool to me

They just needed an excuse to end the movie with Clint Eastwood riding into the distance

youtube.com/watch?v=Jle2I1mSUWI&list=PL233956656E665A75&index=18 oh man... that scene when he crosses the bridge this amazing looking castle.
My goosebumps reached orbit when 1:27 happened.

Different strokes for different folks, I get emotional when stoic characters genuinely smile and that part was already very emotional, especially considering how different it was from the novel.
It's a bit like when the old man threatened the sheriff because he recognized D but didn't say a word until then, I just get moved by stuff like that.

I didn't really tear up for Meyer or Charlotte even though it was a simple, well written story, but that thing just doesn't work with me.

It'd been a while since I'd watched anything so classic. It's the year TWO THOUSAND AND SIXTEEN my friend, just think about that. This was made 15 years ago, based on a book made even longer ago than that. It wouldn't get made today, for whatever reason.

I guess it wasn't just the actual event that made me tear up, more just the story itself unfolding was nice, idk.

The grandpa scene was also a laugh for me. Interesting how we had the opposite reactions for scenes.

Who was your favorite character aside from D?

>I guess it wasn't just the actual event that made me tear up, more just the story itself unfolding was nice, idk.
I know what you mean man, sometimes it's just the piling up of all events that lead to a certain scene or sometimes it just works and you notice the flow of salt water too late, I don't know either, we're strange animals.
>Interesting how we had the opposite reactions for scenes.
It happens, I was also conditioned by the fact that I read the novel beforehand so I was moved by most of the stuff that doesn't happen in then novel, yet I thought Leila's brothers were still a bunch of hateful dicks even though they were FAR different from the novel.
And while I think the novel handles Meyer and Charlotte better I also prefer the OVA Leila storyline, because I'm a huge softie and don't like gratuitous suffering, plus, her granddaughter and D were cute.

What impressed me most is how they handled Amano's aesthetic to a nigh perfect transition, it was absolutely impressive and a delight to see, every single cut is a true work of art.

Forgot to put it in my other post.
I guess it would be either Leila or Meyer, Lefty would be too easy.

I like Leila because she's strong willed and gets over her hate for vampires when she meets D, the exchange of vows in the gardens was probably the best part.

I like Meyer because he's a simple archetypical vampire in love with a human played straight, there's not much to add, he's not cringeworthy, he's not melodramatic, he does care about Charlotte more than his own life and he's not driven by hatred or fear when it comes to D like Carmilla was.

I recently watched Blood: The Last Vampire and it was fucking amazing.

But now I am watching Blood+, already done with the Vietnam arc, but I am considering dropping it.

Go find the blood manga and read that instead.
Its not a series, but a one-shot book.

the anime is worthless, there is no good action.
Everyone stands around talking and when a fight does finally happen they just copy and paste the girls character model and slide her across the screen.

and a fight only happens like, once every 10 episodes

Leader of the merc brothers, their whole outfits looked super comfy

the vampire hunter D 1985 english dub was better than the original, just putting that out there.

which dub the original or sentai's?

this one
youtu.be/fvCwXhK5Fno

Doris is better, but D sounds better in the Sentai dub, sort of an off brand Liam Neeson. And the 85's Transylvanian accent for Magnus is pretty bad.

I disagree. but to each is his own

Would've been better if they replaced mc with a clearly superior vampire

I'm totally new in the series but I would like to read, watch and know more about it.

Where should I start? Where should I go after that?

Poor bait.

I use to jerk off when I was younger to that scene where the blonde tries to seduce D.

How is the BD version of Bloodlust? is it just a mediocre upscale?

some here, but for me it was the shower scene.

Watch the films, read some novels. Not much to it.

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=305167

Read the novels then watch the two movies.

Watching Shiki right now
Seeing almost everyone doing nothing is frustrating

Hellsing Ultimate abridged is objectively better than actual Hellsing Ultimate.

Hellsing TV is better than Hellsing Ultimate.

The last I saw of Count Dracula was his kissing his hand to me; with a red light of triumph in his eyes

Top tier

That ending was shit but I liked the part where he machine guns that one guy.

youtube.com/watch?v=rBPegoYoD9Q

Best theme coming through.

That castle was Warhammer 40K as fuck.

This right here. Bloodlust D really got to me. I was far more invested in Meyer and his story. Poor bastard. I was younger when I first saw it and it was really heartbreaking to watch.

>I was younger when I first saw it and it was really heartbreaking to watch.

What makes you really empathise with Meyer is that it's really evident he's doing all of that shit for Charlotte without any hidden agenda, it makes you even more sad when he's not aware Carmilla doesn't give a shit about him and she's already backstabbing him once he's in her castle.

It's really well played.

not posting seras. shame anons