Flips Flappers

New PV: youtube.com/watch?v=al7zo1PrRFk

New characters and Cast:
flipflappers.com/character/
flipflappers.com/staff_cast/

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/762647283708067840?lang=en
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-03-25/studio-3hz-flip-flappers-october-tv-anime-revealed/.100249
u.pomf.is/hkwvcw.mp4
youtube.com/watch?v=Ip-HAJmM-dk
youtube.com/watch?v=8oEyp-0xtwg
dailymotion.com/video/x4k531p_sousei-no-onmyouji-opening-2_fun
youtube.com/watch?v=sK70_6MCkss
youtube.com/watch?v=QuaRNaWPOt8
youtube.com/watch?v=g2TZExeJzIk
youtube.com/watch?v=XFF_YAzMpw4
boards.fireden.net/a/thread/139074552/#139078265
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hype

Not a fan of mahou shoujo but the staff list is compelling enough to give this a shot.

Reminds me of Rolling girls.

Looks cute and colorful enough to watch the first episodes for sure.

Is it okay to watch this for the sakuga?

Sure, it's a valid reason.

Hard to say how much episodes can 3Hz hold it.

I'm just watching it for this desu too. We still don't know who is the writer.

Remember "Dimension W?"

>We still don't know who is the writer.
I S O

Urobuchi

Ikuhara

Is this yuri?

With this, Yuri! On Ice, Eupho S2 and (probably) Sangatsu no Lion, Fall is going to be great.

O K A D A

Fools. I am the writer. My career begins in the 12th century after all.

>cute magical girls going to exotic locales and wearing setting-specific outfits

OH FUCK YES!

Superb taste.

I want this to do well because Studio 3Hz deserves a little success.

And because I don't want a season full of Floppers jokes

Classicaloid

Did I just see a Mad Max reference in one of the worlds?

>Classicaloid
Has cool character designs, but otherwise I'm not sold. I'll give it a shot, but I don't expect it to be great like the others I listed.

I don't care much about the studio but I recognize a passion project when I see one.

I thought the characters looked creepy and bad in the first illustrations they released but they look wonderful in the actual show

This feels like a 2000s show with top-tier visuals before shitty colors and overuse of digital bullshit cancered everything up

You are going to get your FlipFloppers jokes and you are going to like it

twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/762647283708067840?lang=en

>liking Yuri! On Ice
Now that is LITERAL COCK SUCKER FUCK tier homo show, you fucking faggots.
I don't even know what made you think it's not, or why you think it's okay to like it if you know what it is.

??

Some of the color choices seriously make me think of FLCL and that's the best possible compliment for a digitally colored anime

I love the hatching on the eyes too

How does the world look in your eyes? Papika and Cocona, the heroines of the story, hold the keys to open the door. When the two girls meet, their adventures in a different time and different overlapping dimension called "Pure Illusion" begin. Many things in Pure Illusion will stand in the girls' way on their search for the mysterious crystal called the "Shard of Mimi," an item that is said to grant any wish. However, when the girls find themselves in danger, the Shard of Mimi shines, and they are able to transform.

Kiyotaka Oshiyama (animation director for Space Dandy, Dennō Coil, Xam'd: Lost Memories) is directing the anime at Studio 3Hz (Celestial Method, Dimension W). Takashi Kojima (Your Lie in April, Kokoro Connect animation director) is designing the characters and serving as chief animation director

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-03-25/studio-3hz-flip-flappers-october-tv-anime-revealed/.100249

>not enjoying homos on ice: the anime
You gay or something?

Show us on the doll where the homosexual ice skater touched you

>still butthurt it isn't lesbian ice skating anime

So which flip would you flap?

u.pomf.is/hkwvcw.mp4

Sayuri

Finally some new Flip Flap info. Their Twitter was so dead I almost thought it was cancelled.

Does her cast talk?

The designs would be okay but these humongous bug eyes, What the fuck.

I thought Japan got over this.

Watch the PV. The designs look far better when drawn by random animators than they do in the illustrations.

The illustrations have this kind of weird dead-eyed quality to them but the faces in the show itself are much more expressive.

It looks good, but nothing about the colouring reminds me of 2000s anime.

I needed to look at something to fill Heartcatch Precure

Honestly this is probably all this show will be worth watching for anyway.

The battle/magical outfits are pretty lewd. Even elementary schooler cripple arm twin gets one.

A picture is worth a thousand tl;dr analysis posts.

>>still butthurt it isn't lesbian ice skating anime

Female-led sport shows are a fucking rarity nowadays

Of course they're butthurt

They should have made it more clear it was Yuuri on Ice and not Yuri on Ice. Or at least said it was about a guy. Of course I'm going to get hype to see a bunch of lesbians doing gay things while ice skating.

There's also Vivid Strike as well.

Looks more like good stuff from the 2000s rather than being representative of shows then as a whole. A lot of shows then had pretty awful colors.

And it's not just the colors. Look at the lines in Naota's eyes and compare them to the ones the Flip Floppers characters always have. Or the subtle use of gradients. Compare the gradient on the girls' hair in the final shot there to the gradient on Mamimi's legs here.

>no male MC
PICKED THE FUCK UP

meant to quote my earlier post As I said, "the best-looking shows of the 2000s". I think for example Mob Psycho 100 is a very good-looking show by today's standards of art direction but the colors don't give me the same feeling; often they feel too digital and flagrantly picked from a color wheel instead of feeling like natural colors that could exist in reality. It also sometimes goes too far with the digital effects for my taste.

I dunno I just get the feeling multiple studios & staff that used to be great at it are going to shit in terms of colors. The entire first half of Kill la Kill's final episode had absolutely garbage colors compared to Gurren Lagann and Panty & Stocking in their climactic moments. Bones did a great job with Space Dandy but went hugely downhill with stuff like Kekkai Sensen. K-On had colors that felt pleasing to me but then Kyokai no Kanata and other stuff like that went full retard with MUH COMPUTER FX

Ufotable are the worst example, I can't stand the colors in stuff like the Fate shows but for example Shinobuden looks super appealing to me.

RETTSU FURIPPU FURAPPINGU

Or like, for example, Ushio & Tora's color scheme was really bizarrely out of place for an anime adaptation of a battle shonen manga whose art was all about looking scratchy and messy and "edgy". I can't see a fighting shonen being colored like it in the 2000s.

>They should have made it more clear it was Yuuri on Ice
It isn't "Yuuri on Ice"

Both the Japanese and Russian guys' names can be romanized as "Yuri", but the Russian one can't be "Yuuri"

Kyoukai no Kanata's coloring was beautiful

Basically, you like raw, unfiltered coloring with light shading then.

>FlipFlappers
>HandShakers
>TableFlippers

Anime is dead

Hopefully it's yuri

Doesn't the title have a dash after the "yu"? Isn't that supposed to stretch out the u?

Not just that, it's also about the shades. Flip Flappers has bits that are meant to be more flagrant and bits that are more down-to-earth and natural but I mean, even the more flagrant & willfully garish bits aren't even vaguely blinding as something like NGNL.

>Shinobuden looks super appealing to me
I understand the gripes with Ufotable's current style, but Shinobuden looks like the typical early 2000s anime with garish colouring.

Digital shows in general are hit-or-miss even today but I'm a fan of Mitsuo Iso's digital processing style. Shingo Yamashita's approach to colour and light is really appealing to me too. His work is unashamedly "digital" in look but it's nice to look at.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ip-HAJmM-dk
youtube.com/watch?v=8oEyp-0xtwg
dailymotion.com/video/x4k531p_sousei-no-onmyouji-opening-2_fun

It's nice but I think KyoAni used a bit too much digital processing in some of their action scenes. The movie handled it better, where the 2D effects worked in hand with the digital effects rather than being obscured by motion blur or some other digital effect.

These aren't objective things so I'm not saying the stuff I personally think is bad is "objectively" bad I just can't stand to look at something like this

Yes, and apparently the character's name is Yuuri in kanji.

I don't think anyone likes NGNL's color choices. The only show worse than that is K.

HandShakers looks so fucking bad. People like to rag on Ufotable, but GoHands has them beat as far as ugly composite goes.

>youtube.com/watch?v=8oEyp-0xtwg
Why are the characters so bright?

Exaggerated effect of a strong light source? It's probably an extension of Yamashita's contrasting silhouette style as seen in his previous works.

youtube.com/watch?v=sK70_6MCkss

Now that looks great.

I would not call Shinobuden garish. The colors aren't usually particularly great but there's nothing about them that bothers me either. It didn't feel too in your face or too washed-out... well I guess it was a little washed-out as 2000s colors could be, but washed out in a forgivable way compared to, say, the second Hunter x Hunter anime.

The first clip you linked is very good but maybe I just think that because it makes me think of Wanwa

The second is really impressive but I hate shit like pic related, it just makes the image look flat and unappealing. It's overall very good but too much flagrant in your face unnatural looking shiny stuff to me. Look at the girl at 0:50, it looks like she's emitting light instead of having light shone on her.

The Sousei no Onmyouji video has some amazing bits but once again the lighting goes a little too far sometimes.

youtube.com/watch?v=QuaRNaWPOt8

And this is the first OP he directed. As you can see he loves glowing orange characters.

MOB KILLER
FUJOSHI AND BONESFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH

I just googled "shinobuden screenshot" and "ninja nonsense screenshot" and got some pretty good shots here and there

I'm so fucking hype for this. I wonder if Oshiyama himself will do any key animation.

youtube.com/watch?v=g2TZExeJzIk

Another one of Yamashita's CMs in case you missed it.

>PreCure x Penguindrum
AOTY

Please fuck off.

I think your Naruto clips are fine but the more recent anime goes too far in my opinion.

I guess it makes sense for a 'web gen' dude to eventually embrace shiny computer effects so hugely but I dunno, not my cup of tea. Call me a hipster faggot but I prefer the simple wonky art direction in his "MY PAIN IS GREATER THAN YOURS" fight over the super-shiny scenes in that other show.

"X meets Y" comparisons are 99% of the time the laziest shit, this is an example of it being lazy shit

MUH MISTUO ISO

Looks stunning. Where is the Iso rumour coming from?
Character designs and art looks very slick. Hoping it's more than one cour.

Are you from the future?

I dunno what Iso has been doing lately as I haven't been paying enough attention and I still associate the name with his old animation for stuff like Golden Boy and Eva but Dennou Coil is another reason I consider the 2000s an underrated time for anime coloring.

Why people are forcefully hyping this? I am missing something?

Yamashita hasn't done animation supervision in the stuff he directs if I'm not mistaken, so there isn't anything really wild in terms of drawings. He's more interested in being director of photography, which is what he did for the Sousei no Onmiyouji OP. Not sure if he did that for his second Yozakura episode, but you can see his characteristic highlights as seen in the screencap here

He's old and busted. Doesn't he also have his own show in the works too? Why even bother coming back

That's my point though, it's hard to predict what it'll really be like. I suspect you/he just said "Precure" because of the magical girl element and "Penguindrum" because of these

Yeah it's more like Comet Lucifer x Jurassic Park

Iso has been doing uncredited key animation since Dennou Coil. One of his recent credited works would be a supervisor for rotoscope in Hana and Alice.

Iso also collaborated with Kiyotaka Oshiyama on this Macross CM.
youtube.com/watch?v=XFF_YAzMpw4

I'm mostly excited for another 3hz show, but the PVs are looking pretty damn good and it looks like it'll be a fun show.

high quality post bro :^)

The only thing bothering me about the Iso thing is that unbearable faggot Lesean Thomas seems involved on some level

You know his show is going to bomb and he'll run away again.

Being ユーリ doesn't mean it's "Yuuri". There is more than one way of romanizing long vowels, with "uu" actually being relatively non-standard.

Did you watch the PV?

Looks like garbage. Is this one of those shows that Sup Forums hypes to no end and no one even discusses it when it airs? Kinda like that Zombie K-On or the Mappa show with the furry.

How /u/ will this be?

>Where is the Iso rumour coming from?
boards.fireden.net/a/thread/139074552/#139078265

Omg, yes!
wrong,is more alive than ever