The Promised Neverland

Chapter 2 translations are out.

Looks like The Promised Neverland is going to be a mystery manga more than a battle manga.

(and a slow as fuck one if it keeps up this pacing)

Enjoy it while you can, mystery mangas rarely last super long in WSJ.

So what do you think it's gonna be like outside? Urotsukidojin style demonic hellscape? cyber/biopunk post-human thing? Alien space ship?

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/folder/e1rx3q1uy3yn4/The_Promised_Neverland
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Enjoying it so far, the last chapter seemed pretty smart.

They can still see the sky, so everything seems fine. I'm going to argue it's a normal human world with Demons in the background.

only 2 chapters out & already +1k followers on mal

breakout title of 2016 confirmed, Fire Punch fags BTFO

>The main protagonist of a Shonen manga is female
>Isn't sexualized
>Not overshadowed by her male peers

The absolute madmen.

That's one of the motives this manga is annoying me.
Main character is a female, but has no sex appeal at all. It feels like something is off.

I am really enjoying the dynamic between her and Norman, we know Norman is the most intelligent one but he still asks for Emma's Pov on things which is pretty neat

Also Ray probably knows already but has been keeping quiet about it. Watch as he already has a plan or some shit that he has been preparing for years beforehand. Considering all the books he constantly reads I feel like he is going to be like a guide once they get outside

Women can be characters too, man.

Sorry, femanon. Can i lick you pussy?

Yes, because what this manga about demons farming children for food clearly needs is an eleven-year old with enormous jugs.

I'm not talking about that, but at least some pantyshots here and there would be good.

So read High School of the Dead, then.

Can't tell if bait

You're taking this all way too seriously.

Please an hero

>Main character is a female, but has no sex appeal at all. It feels like something is off.

it's really just a Taimanin Asagi prequel explaining how Asagi became a demon hunting ninja

I kinda like this so far. I bet outside world will suck.

>mystery manga more than a battle manga.
>(and a slow as fuck one if it keeps up this pacing)

IDK, as it stands they have only two weeks to find a way over the wall and evade recapture, since their goal is to get out before the next kid gets harvested.

I have no idea how things are going to progress, since the kids are probably gonna find in a chapter or two that the farm is like on an island or in space or something.

What the fucking hell, you sicko. She is 11 year old, FUCKING 11 YEAR OLD.
>hurrr but this is fiction
Yeah, that's how it starts. If you support these shits, you support people sexualizing children, and then ends up supporting rape because people will start seeing this as normal.
Get your shit together or get out of here.

Isn't it two months?

The pacing felt really good in this chapter definitely didn't feel slow.

I prefer this phase desu

It's showing good strategy skills for the main characters while developing their characters

I am pretty sure there's going to be a time skip at some point of at least 2-3 years

>Isn't it two months?

you're right, they said "at least two months away".
which makes a lot more sense with an orphanage population of 40-50.
but then again it really raises questions about what the demons want so badly about eating smart kids that they'd have a gigantic farm that only yields maybe 5 or 6 a year.

They're delicacies

fucking demons are retarded at animal husbandry.

they're harvesting the most brilliant kids at like 11 or 12 rather than selectively breeding them to get even smarter kids next generation.
they wouldn't even have to wait more than like 30% longer.

I swear demons, do you even keikaku?

I think I have a theory on what the tests are for, that they probably don't "harvest" the smart kids for meat but use them for something else and the kids with the lowest scores are sent to be eaten. If you noticed there are only 5 kids that are 10+ years old and these 5 have the highest scores, growing up every other orphan their age was sent to be eaten while they remained due to having high scores which explains why the majority of kids are like 6 or younger. The younger kids have the lowest scores and at most only get half the questions right, not only that but Conny says that she didn't understand anything in the quiz earlier on and was sent to be harvested for meat and the demon talks about finally getting high quality goods and maybe don't harvest the smart scorers for whatever reason until they're older.

I think they still do harvest them.
It's just a matter of pricing, probably.
There is no point to wait for dumb stock to grow up but the ones that constantly show good results are higher priced.

This is what I was thinking too

I don't think they actually eat the smart ones but use them for something else. Even this whole thing of mama actually giving them a hint about the transmitters, feels like another test that they are giving them

It still makes no sense

You don't get anything out of eating a smarter cow than you would eating a dumb cow

> they probably don't "harvest" the smart kids for meat
> (posts pic of demon pointing to three smartest kids and says HARVEST some high quality GOODS)

user, what are you even doing?
"goods" refers to cheap, non-durable and often consumable/disposable merchandise, not like something valuable.

No, it just means something tangible, in contrast with servicies

>you don't
Well, maybe they do gain something out of eating well developed human brains.
Maybe their memories or something and that's why it's a delicacy

Where is WSJ user?

How do you guys think the direction is going to go

I highly doubt the entire series will be about these little turds playing intense hide and seek against these monsters, as much as I'd like that to happen

they're obviously going to get bullshit powers or weaponry

It will all depend on what is actually outside the wall. I say they escape in about 4 chapters top

The outside world will be either a Mad Max-style wasteland or completely ruled by the monsters. It's inevitable.

There is a lot of foreshadowing that indicates the monsters are the ruling species in Earth.

>Mad Max-style wasteland

I hope this is the case. The robes the demons were wearing and the vehicle they were using makes me think that

the escaped orphans makes a team name for themselves and call themselves the lost boys

they later end up meeting someone who has escaped long before they did and his name is peter pan, he can fly

"Mama" is actually evil as fuck, and one of her hands gets chopped off as punishment for letting valuable meat get away. She replaces her hand with a hook

Can't wait to see Mama and the Demon-Pirates roaming the seas.

Demon crocodile when?

>MangaStream missing the last page
Really?

>Enjoy it while you can
You have no idea what you're talking about.
This manga will get an anime and that anime will become the new SnK/Erased cancer.
Mark my words.

>Mama is Hook

but chapter two has her holding a pocket watch transmitter thing

I hope you're right

>>>/tumblr/

Preview for next chapter in Jump, feels like they're escaping very soon:
>The hands of the devil are approaching! It's do or die, the desperate escape plan begins!

That was on MangaStream

They probably fixed it, it wasn't there yesterday night when it released.

No spoilers this week right?

No Jump this week. Sadly.

I wonder if they're going to destroy the watch or flat out kill Mama.

>>>go back to tumblr

Just ripped the chapter from WSJ. Here you go, I uploaded both Viz chapters I ripped

mediafire.com/folder/e1rx3q1uy3yn4/The_Promised_Neverland

My theory is that they will first destroy the watch, but fail on the first attempt to escape a bunch of kids will die and they will be forced to come back

On the second attempt they will most likely kill her for sure

I'll dump it.

woo, thanks user!

Thanks user

>We have to escape because the demons want to eat us so we gotta escape and we're actually in a cage so how do we escape into the forest but there's a wall so we'll escape over the wall oh no mom doesn't want us to escape

Not a good sign if the author is already padding things like this.

This will follow the same route as that fujo-bait show. Just with "demons" instead of vampires eating the children.

It's to demonstrate that the kids are geniuses and to further deepen the mystery of why the demons would educate children if they're just going to end up as food.

It's called setting up the plot.

How is this padding? Because they don't immediately start throwing fireballs at the demons? This might not be the manga for you (or Jump, sadly).

What do you think the outside world is like, Sup Forums?

So innocent.

Post-apocalyptic, with demons running it all

It'll be like Monster's Inc but human beings are cattle

Ray has an evil face there. It frightens me.

Can't wait for Emma to be forced to kill mother.

Domo Arigato dumpy user!

How will they even get around that? Especially with like 50-60 kids?

kill the mom

For the moment they just need to get the two of them over the wall to see what the rest of the world is like, from there they'll make a final decision whether to build say a paid of ladders to get over the walls en mass or figure out some way to open the gate and get the rest of the kids out that way instead.

If they broke out alone though, the security would increase and they would be on edge, it would be a lot harder to go back and get the other kids after that

If this shit is run like an actual business, mom's not gonna be the only one with a receiver.

Yeah, but they are going really far to make everything seem like a safe environment

>reads first chapter

So it's a rip off of Godspeed?

>Never Let Me Go
>The Island
>the beginning of Owari no Seraph

It depends if they get caught - as it stands they can't do a mass breakout without finding out what the world outside the farm is like and knowing where they're running to, hell, there might not even be an "outside" to hide in.

Wait for the time skip