Have you ever experienced hype backlash?

Have you ever experienced hype backlash?

Something that is really well regarded and has all the tropes you love, yet when you sat down in excitement and watched it you found it was not so good, effectively souring your entire view on the anime?

What's her name, Sup Forums?

pic related

>Have you ever experienced hype backlash?
It's rare that I don't.

most cult classics leave me dissatisfied

noname series are the best

No, I can't relate to any of this at all.

I'm not an idiot.

I'm an idiot, but I can't relate to this at all. What gives?

Well, you replied to an hour old post, so you're just an idiot.
My condolences, I hope you're can still live a precious and happy life.

This

I come with zero expectations and find something that is ususally generic or very mediocre.

I think this.

First thing that came to mind.

Kiniro mosaic is the only one that comes to my mind
It wasn't that bad, but it's really overrated and pretty fucking annoying at times

Second thing that came to mind

Thanks user, you too.

>TTGL
>Not so good

Same. Fucking everyone I know loves it. I've tried to watch it 4 times now and can't make it past episode 7.

Oh, you're one of those people.

>Aria
>every monogatari except bake
>Lain

Had this with Haruhi until I got to the movie, then I took it all back. It was one of the most amazing payoffs from anything I've watched and I feel sorry for anyone who didn't stick with the series long enough to see it.

It's things like this that give me far more patience with shows that are hyped up. Some are sure to disappoint, everyone's tastes are different, and there is an undeniable appeal to finding something off the radar and enjoying it in secret. At the end of the day though, classics are classics. Anything with a big enough following definitely has something going for it.

Just finished it last month. Everyone told me the third act was shit but almost nothing was actually great in that series.
The movies are better desu.

I went in blind and was one of my favorite experiences in the media.
Sad the "hype" spoiled it for you tho, user.

most kyoani series
most trigger series
most macross series
any urobuchi series
a lot of those kirara cgdct
non non biyori
logh

I had a similar experience with Utena. Got pretty stale, aimless, and repetitive after a while, but the final episodes were 11/10.

Honestly
Fate/stay night is really good but not that much
I didn't made it past archer's death but didn't drop it either
It's one of the hundreds anime i started and should finish before watching more

Happens all the time. It's why stuff like Valvrave, Gundam IBO, Macross Delta, Aldnoah Zero, Gurren Lagann and Gargantia always stuck sour notes with me, because start talking them up and they never live it up.

Comparatively, I went in to Majestic Prince, Fafner and the original Gundam Build Fighters were expectations so low I get blown away by them.

(Now I know people loved GBO BUT for me I just really didn't think I'd be able to stand a toy centric Gundam show and thought the original series was going to be more like what Try ended up being that what the original. Fafner and MJP were both subject to "Eww Hirai Face how can these ever be good" and then they're good because of consistent characters and enjoyable stories.

Wait, people talked up Valvrave and Aldnoah? Everyone I've seen calls Valvrave a trainwreck (whether or not it's an entertaining one is another story) and Aldnoah just gets called bad.

Back when they were airing.

Valvrave was the EPIC TRAIN WRECK MUST WATCH (like Re;Zero is now)

Aldnoah Zero was OH MY GOD SUPER REALISTIC TACTICAL MECHA SHOW MADE BY UROBUCHI.

>Start NHK
>Friend says it's one of their favorites
>End up liking it less and less as it progresses toward the end

>Friend hypes up Lain for years
>Finally get around to watching it
>It's utter garbage

I feel the same way about Madoka, I can't get past episode 2.

I do with most of the early Toonami shows, because I didn't watch anime as a young kid and the majority don't live up, the only ones I can think of that weren't disappointments were Yu Yu Hakusho and Mobile Suit Gundam

b-but it gets gud at episode 3

The joke is that dropping Gurren Lagann at episode 7 is like dropping Madoka at episode 2.

oh
I honestly don't remember much of TTGL