Cel anime thread

Because pre 2000 makes people mad for some reason.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cUuN8pablQ4
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=803654
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=781149
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I eat grain, but I don't like watching it!

>Implying that's from the cels and not from low-quality film

G A DOKI DOKI

Forte is best angel anyway.

Tomino was a mistake.

Brain Powerd was Tomino trying to be Anno and failing miserably.
He does better when he just tries to be himself. Like with Turn A Gundam and its delicious brown trap of a protag.

girls never looked this cute ever again. Moeblobs destroyed everything

People get mad about post-2000 which results in people getting mad about people who are mad about post-2000.

>tomino trying to be anno

Not in the slightest.

Tomino: For instance, Brain Powered came out after Evangelion did, so I am often asked questions similar to yours about the connection between them, but in reality the plans for Brain Powered and the overall story had all been completed before Evangelion came out. I never meant Brain Powered to be an antithesis to Evangelion. I knew when I saw Evangelion that Brain Powered would be called an antithesis to it, but I didn't want to change my plans any, so I just resigned myself to that.

Everything tried to copy eva most famously Rahxephon.

Except Tomino repeatedly said he hated everything about Evangelion, and that if you actually watch Brain Powered there's fuck all similar to Eva except bad parents.

Tomino is just buttmad that Anno did DEEP better than he ever could so he pretends like Brain Powerd wasn't trying to be like it.

Or you know, Tomino could just hate evangelion, considering he already did Ideon which covered some of Evangelina's themes in a much better manner.

>Ideon
>covering Eva's themes
>better
Confirmed for not even seeing Ideon.
The show itself is barely a 4/10 series. It starts exciting, but gets bumfuck stupid and all the characters act like complete retards for the next 40 episodes and then it ends on a dud.
Sure, Be Invoked was good. But not the series in the slightest.

I used to love cel animation til it got me sick in the stomach with nostalgia. I keep up with the latest to keep telling myself to move on with the times. The old stuff comes back in retrospect eventually with new technology.

And Evangelion took it's themes, took a sledgehammer and then tried to ram them down your throat with a crassly individualistic lens.

And yet 99.9% of people, especially /m/, completely miss every single one of them.

>hurr I'm going to completely ignore the structuralist components of everything and worship personal experience: the anime

Stop posting my waifu.

Now you're just shitposting and sounding like an angry /m/anchild.

NANDE? DOUSHITE?
PINCHI!

That is 90% of evangelion though.

>m-muh experience,

So you're upset that a show about a kid with psychological issues is about the kid's experiences in his fucked up life with his psychological issues?

It assumes that personal experience supersedes other factors.

Case in point, EoE is almost entirely shinji's internalised experience of instrumentality. It's similarity to be invoked showcases a major difference, Ideon focuses on the wider community, not the individual.

Because Eva is all about Shinji and his journey.
See what I mean about people missing the blatantly obvious?

Just because it's about that doesn't mean that it can't also be a critique.

A critique of pathetic losers who want to sit and home and wrap themselves in fantasies rather than face the real world?
That was EoE.
And Anno turned out to be completely right with Japan's plunging birthrate and a rise in young adults with no interest in sex because they have all their fantastical things.

Or, maybe there are deeper structural reasons why these things are happening and it's not just

>muh feelings

Same for depression, maybe there are things that affect it beyond simple feelings, there are structural reasons, building blocks that it comes from. Societal effects and failures, etc.

Now you're just trying to project your own psychology bullshit onto what was already very loosely psychological but mostly philosophical.
And completely ignoring all the introspection Shinji does throughout.

The eva discussion thread is 2 blocks down.

No I'm being reductionist towards it, there's a difference.

Also I'm directly critiquing it's philosophy.

Her route is also pretty great in the VN.

Were the galaxy angels game unique in allowing you to build a relationship with the same girl over three games?

Hating on Evangelion just shows how bitter you are.

Besides children piloting mechas and apparently the ending, there isn't that much similarity between them, is there? And unlike Tomino for Eva, Anno has been telling every time how much he liked Ideon.

>Hating on Evangelion just shows how bitter you are.

>you have opinions, that means you're bitter

And no there isn't -that- much similarity, but enough surface level that it's bound to draw comparison.

And Anno is unapologetically one of Tomino's bigger fans.

>pre 2000 anime thread
>derails to an NGE shitpost thread
We really can't have nice things. Well, back to Mob threads.

That "you" was referring to Tomino in this case, as a direct competitor. Acting that way makes him come off as a sore loser. He should be above that.

eh, Tomino has a certain outlook on art (i.e. that it should be used to enrich the lives of people and help them find a place within their community). It's a bit old fashioned and is closer to things like ARC than I would like, but can't really say that he isn't consistent.

>that it should be used to enrich the lives of people and help them find a place within their community
So EoE's literal message to its audience?
No wonder Tomino hated it. It said it better than he ever could.

If he views himself as an artiste, maybe he shouldn't work that closely with the subsidiary of a toy company that mainly wants to sell figures.

Tomino views Evangelion as to real, too brutally honest.

As I said it's a very traditionalist mentality.

What is the best WMT?

I always wanted top play the games, but VN are not my thing. fucking hate clicking every second and reading shit.

So what about cell anime? Besides NGE discussions there is nothing here

>cell
It's cel. Just discussion and talking about older shows you have seen or BDs coming out.

I thought it was like a discussion between the aesthetic of cel vs digital, but its just a debate over wether tomino sucked anno's dick or vice versa

Not him, but "cell" is fine as it is short for "celluloid."
The one-L spelling is usually used to differentiate the shortening of celluloid from the building block of organisms and your Uncle Touchy's house.

Vanilla is the best, just the best.

>aesthetic of cel vs digital
Well we did have that two days ago, which became nothing more but Nadia QUALITY webm posting.

You can just set them to auto-read if you don't like clicking.

The gameplay is actually pretty solid all by itself, being very reminiscent of Homeworld.

If you don't like reading in general, there's not much to be done though.

The cutest.

We can do that. Cel looks better in my opinion than digital. Early digital was unfortunate that it was not done properly and cannot go to BD without looking poorly upscaled. Anime that was done in cel could have a very crisp and clean BD due to the film it was on. The digital of today is usually done in 900p which looks good but it in rarely done in true 1080p.

Sup.

My life for a threesome with Mint and Vanilla. for one fucking night.

I really liked Vanilla.

The she apparently adopted a child in the second series without telling Tact, which was less than great.

>Not wanting Forte and Mint

Sara

I think after I finish Medarot I'm going to start watching either Rayearth, escaflowne, or Ideon.

Forte is for going on a secret mission killing guys and shit. Vanilla/Mint are for fucking.

Don't expect to get any discussion out "that" user. But to answer your question in pretty much. Technically, 6 games.
>WIthout telling
He was fully aware.

Beautiful.

Why ain't it done in 1080p?

It's not the first time I've read the 900p thing and the first time was like in 2012, haven't they progressed in 4 years?

I also read that it was the TV broadcast that was limited to 900p and not the produced anime. so BDs should be true FHD?

But cels also have their limitations, they're not like old live movies that are limited by the chemical elements applied on the film to create the image.

Cels are limited by the fineness of the drawing, which most of the time already feel zoomed to me in 1080p. The picture is crisp and as an art lover I don't mind seeing all the details of the lines, the cracks and all. But more would be too distracting, the defects of the drawings (the fact that it is a drawing) are already too obvious in 1080p.

Or so I believe. I thought that reading that article a few days ago www.howtogeek.com/199182/ask-htg-how-can-studios-release-high-definition-versions-of-decades-old-movies-and-tv-shows/

youtube.com/watch?v=cUuN8pablQ4

Too bad the show is shit.

It depends on how the cels were shot, if it was with 16mm, 32mm or very rarely 72mm. 72mm can go to 4K easily and belladonna had that done a few months ago. As to why digital does not do true 1080 I don't know why. Some OP and EDs are done in 1080 digital but not often.

It is really that bad? I wanted to watch it for nostalgia reasons

Vanilla is pure as fresh snow.

But I mean, even if it's 72mm, the lines on the cel aren't going to be thinner

>Why ain't it done in 1080p?
Not enough financial incentive to.
If 900p is working, they don't want to change their standard.
It may have something to do with the rendering time on their software. 900p is good enough resolution to pass off on TV, but doesn't bog down the system with a full day of rendering like 1080p can do. I've experienced that on an old system.

Some like it I didn't like it and some parts I really didn't like it. Parts where captain falcons 70 year old father marries a 20 or 18 year old. Also the S1 was cel and the other season was in early digital killing all interest I had left.
It is not just anime that was on 72mm. Movies were all done on that back in the day. That's why movies like Lawrence of Arabia can get a 4K transfer and look even better than the 1080. Anime is different than real life as there is not as much depth. It can go to 4k in cel but no further I would say.

Well, he knew.

But she didn't call him papa, so I was pretty salty.

Then again, romancing your AI daughter with the new characters would have been sort of weird.

Tact didn't want her to call him that.

My first loli love

Why?

life sucks and then you die

It's mostly used as an in-joke only if Tact romanced Vanilla. The newer crewmembers joke around that having a little girl call him papa everywhere would kill any of his advances on the female crewmembers.

Not that he would be the one to cheat but no other strict reasons are given. I guess he just wants to feel young.

What are some of the nicest looking cel-shading shows? Excluding movies because that'd be too easy.

Are there people who watched pre 2000 anime that care about stuff like Love Live? Seems low in number.

That and betterman need a BD badly.

Not sure for Love Live but Precure and Aikatsu! seems nic-- cut-- interesting.

But I know a lot of people who like older anime besides things like Precure and Aikatsu.

>KYS
KILL YOURSELF!

The OVA (which are the first four episodes of the TV series) and the movie were great, as were some episodes. But then you have stuff like Strike Man, which is rather meh.

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=803654
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=781149

I recently saw Love Live and thought it was great.

Vanilla > Mint
prove me wrong

I should really rewatch Galaxy Angel. One of the few series that made me laugh out loud.

Forte is better than all of them however. Also Ranpha is good too.

Truly we have fallen when we can't agree on this simple ranking system

Vanilla = Chitose = Ranpha = Forte = Mint = Milfeulle

In Japan Love Live is its own thing, fans pretty much consist of something like Pokemon fans, they're just regular people that happen to buy the BDs or whatever. You likely won't even hear its music at a sort of event arranged by actual otaku, where some could be in the industry. Fans of Vocaloid/Im@s/Aikatsu/etc and series new or old get along fine, but Love Love can be absent from the mix, even in the west.

Remember the 90s?!