How do we fix this battle?

How do we fix this battle?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=74sSAwD7oqM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

only jojo fight that needs fixing is Diavolo's

Get a better animation director.

Wrong, the only Jojo fight that needs fixing is Tarkus.

Watch the OVA

it's funny how the ova is now being pushed as a great alternative even though it looks like mud and has both an awful japanese and english audio track.
DIO's voice in it destroyed any and all tension. He sounds like a bored grandpa.

david pro's version was clunky but at least it animated the manga decently

I think what you meant to say was better translations.

BDs made it acceptable. I still prefer the OVA however

>What happened
>I don't know but we won
>fight over
seriously what the fuck

>BDs made it acceptable

Nope. Looks stiff as fuck

Release BDs, apparently, because it's fine there.

Unless you mean the fight in general, in which case there's no real way to fix it in the context of the series as a whole. The original concept for The World was for it to have every stand, and then Jotaro figuring out that time stop must be his ability since no one else has it, which makes more logical sense than "lol same kind of stand????", but the whole "every stand power" thing is retarded, especially in the context of the series continuing, because it would make DIO look fucking retarded for not using KQ/KC/MiH if he has "every stand power".

1)The power of Star Platinum is being inmune to all space-time powers
2)Jotaro and Star Platinum can use hamon
3)No The World punching and kicking Jotaro
4)No Dio makeover
5)No shiny chakra

They could've made The World's power "copying the Joester family's Stands", because he also used Joseph's Hermit Purple. If they had made Holly's Stand infection have some distinctive property that Dio could have somehow controlled, then Jotaro might have picked up on it from that.

Dio not kicking with the bad leg

Jotaro can't stop time. Kills DIO with Joseph's final ripple, DIO doesn't try and kill Jotaro with his busted fucking leg like a retard. Joseph stays dead.

David's style tries to emulate the manga too hard. Anime is a different medium and should be treated as such.

Thankfully they learned and Part 4 is looking much better

Come on nigga, don't be contrarian

The loop of the fat man running through the car and Dio dropping the tanker on Jotaro are both 10/10 scenes, and more importantly there were no DBZ auras

Never ending is an ending!

Except the animation was nice and fresh and then only thing that really needed fixing was the fact it didn't quite capture everything correctly.

The voice acting was solid and I personally thought that DIO's voice was good for it.

Lead into Jotaro being able to stop time properly. Ideally Joseph would have communicated that Dios stand was Johnathans, allowing him to realize. The rest is fine.

Umm... you do realize that in the manga Araki drew Jotaro and Dio with auras around them right?

He hasn't read the manga.

Example 2

And why are you giving me examples? I know they have auras in the manga.

>shitting in the OVA directed by Satoshi Kon
Animation was great but Dio's voice was crap in japanese and avarage in english

Sorry m8. I miss read your post and thought you were implying I had not read not manga.

Jotaro only wins because DIO had to lose. When they start fighting, he was faster, stronger and could stop time. He could have just beheaded Jotaro within the first two seconds of the fight. Everything else is just perfect.
>He hasn't read the manga.
Oh, the irony. The auras are there during most of the fight.

Jotaro literally an armor of books under his closes just in case his enemy happened to throw hundreds of knives at him from a distance while stopping time

All good.

>Oh, the irony. The auras are there during most of the fight.
I just fucking said that.

>the manga did it
>so it's good
He is saying the auras were retarded even in the mango.

Just watch the OVA with the new animes soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=74sSAwD7oqM

Nevermind, I'm retarded. I misread your post.

It's weird to see how DIO goes from being able to kick Jotaro's ass without even using his ability, to getting his body torn to shreds by a few punches even while stopping time, all in the span of 4 or 5 minutes

The OVA still looks like garbage, I don't care if it's animated well when what its animating looks ugly.

Let Toriyama rewrite it.

DIO could just stop time and use fucking laser beams from his eyes to kill him

You would know if the translation you read wasnt just shit the translaters made-up.

What's wrong with auras? They look cool.

for its time they were pretty cool but nowadays nobody reads shonen oriented show that have fights where they invoke a supernatural power

That's a matter of opinion, he didn't like it. That's it.

Why is that?

They knew that as soon as they got the Arrow they'd win, Polnareff told them that. The final battle was the whole Chariot Requiem thing because King Crimson is so powerful you can't write a fight against it that lasts longer than maybe 3 chapters so Araki thought he'd try something different and make Part 5's final battle a game of piggy in the middle with super powers and body swapping all while trying to stop Chariot Requiem from murdering everyone in Rome. It was foreshadowed to fuck and, just like Polnareff said, the person who got the Arrow got an ability so OP they won almost instantly. Only took 20 chapters. The final fight was everything leading up to that, since it was established like 50 chapters before that point that whoever stabs their Stand wins.

because everyone wants loser living with a harem, getting the girl or just share a slice of life story. That or moe. Nobody wants the strong manly hero, they want the skinny autist, they rather identify than idolize

If that's true why is Jojo selling good?

You tell me.

Because it's a legacy series, it was fucking huge back in the day and because of that it still has and enduring fanbase that accounts for most of the sales.

Araki is tapping into the vast amount of wealth he has gathered over his long life and buying it himself to make it look like it's doing good so he can keep publishing.

>JJL is actually selling and reviewing the best it has since Part 5 ended
JJBA renaissance when?

But Diavolo got the arrow first, he was the one who discovered how to defeat SCR and stabbed his King Crimson

>The OVA still looks like garbage, I don't care if it's animated well

You're trash.

By not looking like max steel characters

>The power of Star Platinum is being inmune to all space-time powers
That's fucking retarded.

Jotaro and DIO are ugly as shit in that OVA.

Why?

So what? Better than the trash modern version.

Im not him but...

>My Stand's power is to stop time!
>Well, my Stand's power is being immune to your Stand's power!

>tumblr
>...

Fuck off

>Well, I have the same Stand's power!

>Well, my Stand can stop time too!

No matter how you spin it the ending of part 3 was so fucking retarded, in so many ways. All that build up and then it felt like Araki gave up and wrapped up in the laziest manner

That was an asspull too, but I think suddenly being immune to stopped time would be an even bigger asspull. And it would be a pretty worthless power in later arcs, except for arc 6.

less moments where you see dio moving through the stopped time, and more moments where you see what happens from jotaros point of view.

also the very start of the fight, when they crossed the street, was horrible. redo it with more posing.

the ova did the final fight really well I thought even if it wasn't panel to panel.

I too lazy to change the Google Images filename.

Seems like a minor thing to whine about as long as you got a good fight.

I say "being inmune to all space-time powers" to make it easy to understand but the real power is be out of space-time.

This means that the velocity of Star Platinum never change.

Not just part 6 but also part 4's ending would likely have been different.

I don't think it's necessarily bad that Dio and Jotaro have similar stands, considering that Dio also has something similar to Hermit Purple, but it could have been communicated better.

Say that over time during the fight SP would get better and better at catching knives. Make a direct parallel between his reaction time and time slowing down. Then when he finally realizes his power, he punches all the knives, and sees that Dio is still not moving.

>Say that over time during the fight SP would get better and better at catching knives. Make a direct parallel between his reaction time and time slowing down. Then when he finally realizes his power, he punches all the knives, and sees that Dio is still not moving.
You know the Dio fight is only like 2 minutes long, right?

>That part with Dio just standing there and listening for heartbeats

Doubtful.

>jotaro goes in a blind rage
>the world barely slows him down
>dio freaks out and tries a real first fight
>the strands fight against each other
>jotaro and dio ends up puching each other
>dio stings his fingers in jotaro's neck
>the sun rises
>dio thinks of escaping
>jotaro holds dio's fingers
>dio pumps his blood as he burns
>"you are going down with me, joestar offspring"
>"I, dio, may die, but I'm taking the joestars with me"
>jotaro gargles and stares at dio
>he can do anything but rage internally
>the time slows down around him
>wide eyed from anger and surprise
>he liberates himself from his grip
>he decapitates dio in one swing
>"yare yare daze"

Don't give DIO that just-fuck-my-shit-up haircut.

>he prefers tranny Dio and plastic Jotaro to the OVA versions

Seeing that hair was the moment I knew DIO was outsourced to Koreans.

>How do we fix this battle?
gay sex?

>the stands start puching each other

Make it so Dio doesn't suddenly get completely split in half from getting punched in the leg

That sounds so much better goddamn

If there has to be an asspull, Make that Jotaro has been secretely learning Hamon

>Joseph infuses Star Platinum with Hamon to become SUTA PURACHINA OBADURAIBU

Can someone explain to me how Jotaro escaped from the road roller with time freeze? Dio could see while in Jotaro's frozen time so there's no way he could have secretly snuck out with a time freeze. It's a fucking plot hole.

The OVA is just ok, the new anime did the fight better.

Dio didn't use his 2 seconds exactly when Jotaro freezed time I think.

Doesn't matter, they are both fully conscious when time is frozen by either of them. The only thing that matters is the one who is currently freezing time can move while the other can't (though I suppose they can both move if they're both using time freeze at the same time).

The OVA actually provides an explanation for that, he used the Jump mags to splint broken ribs he got in the fighting at the mansion.

Would've been better if DIO suffered a little more before defeat, or had a longer monologue before exploding. His death felt kinda lame after such a long drawn out fight.

I get that jotaro was exhausted and only just figured out time stop, but if he used it for the final blow to punch a hole right in Dio's chest that'd also be amazing.

The usual way, just pay one guy to take a fall.

By removing time-related abilities. Time-related abilities usually end up being overpowered or underpowered.

The OVA cut out a good chunk of pointless chatting and Dio's obnoxious countdown as he runs off to grab the oil tanker while improving stuff like Polnareff's surprise attack.

Too bad the whole bridge scene kind of falls into wut territory thanks to the switch from steamroller, even if Jotaro walking out of the flames is rather nice

>Polnareff actually contributes rather than getting into danger and doesn't run off like an idiot since that almost got Avdol killed when he did it before
>Jotaro doesn't just BS Time Stop out of nowhere because it's convenient to the plot
>DIO doesn't just suddenly die after getting stronger despite being more durable before sucking Joseph's blood
>The fight isn't rehashed at the end of EoH

Have it last one more chapter with Jotaro and Dio battling for advantage in time-stop. This way him suddenly being able to just stop time and win instantly isn't an issue and just adds to the fight.

Diavolo gets tricked into time-skipping to a point where he is in a deathtrap, incapable of skipping any one way he dies because it will skip him into another way. He foresees this and realizes it before dying.

>first clash with Jotaro
>no time stopping
>rapid-fire punch match
>no fear at all
>second clash with Jotaro
>time stopped
>Jotaro's finger twitches a bit before The World throws the first punch
>suddenly scared out of his fucking mind
What was going on there?

i'm not being contrarian at all, this OVA praise is fairly recent and it used to be looked up with plenty of scepticism by JoJo fans.

when the David ending aired the hype was through the roof. It's only now this 'yeah but the OVA is objectively better' revisionism has crept in

doesn't matter who directed it, that's a lazy as fuck argument

it didn't capture much of the essence of JoJo in its wild colourful glory. The animation is great but the rest of it doesn't gel at all. Having a bad soundtrack and voice acting will deal a massive blow to any anime.

It's flawed just as much as the David one

I'm pretty sure specifically at the beginning of that chapter, or some time around it, the manga says 'the fight has been only 3 minutes and it will be over before another 2' but you're right the length of a second is extremely exaggerated in this fight especially in anything animated.

It was even weirder seeing Jotaro withstand his own body being directly subjugated to The World's punches and kicks, one even connecting with his face, while the superhuman vampire Dio had a hole punched straight through his chest, his skull shattered, etc. under similar circumstances.

Did Jotaro's anger turn his body into steel?

DIO thought he was invincible and no one else could move in stopped time, when he sees Jotaro move even a little bit i can see how he freaks the fuck out.

He thought The World's space was his own to move in - Jotaro being able to move in it scared the fuck out of him.

Yeah but the OVA also cut out the part where Polnareff impales Vanilla Ice through the head with his rapier, then grabbing both ends of it to twist his neck off.

That seriously is one of the coolest kills I've ever seen in any animation.

That's something I really love about the fight.