What makes a character in anime edgy?

What makes a character in anime edgy?

Also, edgy character thread:

who knows

I'll bite

*tip fedora*

>What makes a character in anime edgy?

The plot in that drives the character development in which makes you drop it.

you start OP

>Kankey
>not edgy
We don't even know what hes been threw.

He had several volumes of backstory to explain how he ended up edgy. The average edgy character starts off as edgy.

>That image
I never under the artistic serial murderer trope.

Rape. Especially if it is portrayed in an erotic manner.

Guts is a bit of a softy than an edgey.

Tokyo ghouls main character is a shit in s2, I dropped the show. Little edgelord's too good to even tell his friends what he's up too.

Just wanted to add that I am talking about rape when it is used as a backstory for the character.

>berserk
>edgy
Guts is anything but edgy how can you say this

He's extremely edgy in the Tower of Conviction arc. Every other arc, he's just a tortured man.

I hope pic not related because that shit by kanki was calculated, or well he gambled to win that battle and it paid off.

Kanki only really does it to fuck with the enemy and make them make mistakes.

The small tidbits of his past that we got seems to imply his preferred method of execution is simple beheading.

Guts is way too fucking complex to be described or summed up in just a couple words, what makes him such a compelling character is that on the surface he looks like your typical Big McLargehuge badass antihero but there's so many layers to him that have evolved and developed throughout his gruesome and arduous journey that you can't help but be enthralled with his seemingly unending struggle. The fact that we can see a man murder an innocent young boy with horror in his eyes later on hacking the lost souls of small children to pieces with a psychotic grin plastered across his face while all of it making perfectly reasonable sense for their respective contexts speaks volumes about how incredibly well written he is and how horribly most modern writers miss the mark when trying to capitalize on that aspect of tortured darkness and just come across as cheap and juvenile.

>XDDDD buzzwords XDDDD

Guts kept up the facade of being edgy during the Black Swordsman arc, it was his way of coping. You quickly find out that's really not who he is, though. He isn't edgy at all. Even so, the term is thrown around far too easily for it to really mean anything anymore, and is just an empty word these days used when someone wants to insult a character without having to think or explain themselves.

Having said that, I believe Tokyo Ghoul is edgy garbage.

Oh fuck he sacrificed his party