Saddest Moments in Berserk

I'll start with this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2Dm6ci8U7Nk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Guts laughing after destroying the Cunt

when Guts is so ridiculously happy when he finds out Casca is alive, only to discover she has gone completely insane

So when he wakes up from the eclipse?

Whenever Miura goes on hiatus.

The Elves never came

Why was he sad in this scene?

The count's daughter said she'll hunt him down & murder him

because of this.

A lot of Casca moments just fuck me up but this will always hit hard

I hope she comes back later.

You think he would have seen that coming but nope

seeing the god hand again probably also did a number on him

>Love Live
>Not Idolmaster
Do you even Miura user?

I can't like Casca guys I just can't

Also where are good dark horse scans outside of Bakabt?

>youtube.com/watch?v=2Dm6ci8U7Nk
He didn't deserve this.

Best boy died.

That wasn't just a Casca moment, though.

Can't help you there that's where I get my scans from
Yeah I more or less meant moments with Casca. Berserk is ultimately a story about Guts' journey and Casca shines the most to me as a supporting role. She always there to tether Guts to his human side and to emotions from the past that no one else can bring back to him, possibly even deeper feeling we can see or infer from what we see. Also 'cute' moments like these

>not liking best girl

When they come across Griffith after a year of running away from midlands army only to realise he's crippled af and lose any hope of moving forward.

That shiteating grin though

"What you want might not be what se desires"

RIP Chichi the flower spirit.

That was genuinely sad.

Just download a torrent that's identical to a bakabt torrent and when its finished get the bakabt version and point it to the folder you have already. Seed it and you can get everything off bakabt just fine.

Why did it hurt her to jump on the saddle?

He killed her virginity.

Some user said she is dead now because trolls attacked her village after Ganishka turned into a tree. I really hope it isn't true.

Gatts dick too strong

It would break my heart.

Mangasee

when he turned down best girl Slan on more than one occasion

And imagine Griffith listening to all that. He was trying to fight for Guts and Casca even as a cripple, but that obviously wasn't what people needed from him.

It is sad but I don't feel any pity for Griffith, if that makes any sense.

This, after all he's been through for that retard she only ever see's Griffith. Even after being rapped....Being Guts is eternal suffering.

Underrated post.

Am I the only one that noticed he tried to strangle Guts when they rescued him? But he was so weak they didnt notice his intention. Same with falling ontop of casca and attempting to draw his sword there. He blames Guts for the torture and is pissed off that hes been all 'happy couple' with casca in the meantime (from his perspective)

In hindsight, this scene makes me feel weird.

It's like he was asking to be cucked.

You know Griffith might have fucked Casca in front of Guts

But Guts got to pop her cherry when she was head over hills on Griffith

Once Casca tasted Griffith she was impure and not worth fucking anymore, those pussy lips already touched Guts dick veins first

>those pussy lips already touched Guts dick veins first

POTTERY

Can someone remind me the context or at least which volume this page is on? I thought it was vol 22, It's not.

When Griffith reincarantes and goes to meet Rickert and Guts finds him there.
He enters into frenzy mode until the realisation that he's a cuck hits in.

This was right after the tower of conviction arc. Basically Guts meets Griffith again for the first time since the Eclipse. Obviously looses his shit. Gets stumped by Caska when she obviously recognizes Griffith and tries to go to him.

I genuinely felt bad for Guts at that point. He didn't deserve that.

if you can't download from Baka.bt because of bad ratio, you can still download stuff if you are not logged in, that's how i do it

>Baka.bt

Use a proxy, fuck those idiots. Use google to search for baka.bt torrents.

>rapped

Nice trips, but Griffith is technically her kid, and all mothers love their kids. Did you cuck your father when your mother gave birth to you, Sup Forumsirgin?

Fuck never noticed this.

Think it was intentional?

No, Miura in all likelihood had not created Casca at all yet.

> but Griffith is technically her kid
I'm sorry, are you foreign or genuinely retarded?

Griffith was reborn using Casca's demon fetus baby as a vessel

This changes everything. I alway knew that there was something that didn't close.

We all think that Griffith is happy because he is silent while all around him are happy and kind to him. The chatter hides his silent hatred and frustration.

And this is completely logical. Your best friends abandoned in your worst moment, they let you be tortured for a year and seem to had a nice time together while you were being slowly crippled. WHen you see them again you want to kill them.

In the eclipse we do not see Griffith just being a dick. We see him taking revenge and discarding the companions that he think betrayed him.

This makes berserk all the more tragic.

He was locked in the deepest part of a dungeon in secrecy. Nobody knew where he was and I'm pretty sure Griffith he knew that.

The 90s Berserk anime felt dark, but not edgy. It had a dark mood and was pretty mature (by which I mean non-kiddy, not "for le sophisticated gentlemen like myself"), but still had a good story and relatable characters. The 2016 anime, at least up until this point, just feels downright edgy. Everything sucks, everyone except Guts and some side characters you can count on one hand are horrible people and the prostitution and religious corruption references just feel heavyhanded.

As a filthy secondary I have to ask: is this the same in the manga too? Does it go full edgelord after the Golden Age arc, or is the direction of the 2016 anime just as bad as the animation?

He is selfish and years of torture might have had an effect on logical thinking. Maybe he started feeling hatred after he found that his companions were fine while he was royaly crewed up.

I'll take in count the posibilities in my reread of the manga.

Guts and Casca noticed. Guts just gave him a bro hug to stop him and it made him cry. As for Casca that's what made her want to say, because the dude had become a pathetic shell of his past self.

That makes this scene more confusing though. Why did he reach out for him?

Reread the whole scene. His first reaction, when he's not sure if what he's seeing is even real, is to strangle Guts and the phantoms that have been haunting him for months. Then he sees Guts crying, softens, and lowers his arm to stroke his hand instead. After that he's attentive and helpful, finding the way out of the dungeon, reassuring Charlotte and so on. In the scene he tries to draw his sword after gesturing for Guts to put him in his armor, trying to get back his former warrior self. It's also not the first time he tries to draw a sword. He did the same thing when he was forced to hide during the escape and saw Guts getting wrecked.

I didn't watch the anime but I can safely asume that the manga is a lot better.

>the prostitution and religious corruption references just feel heavyhanded
I have fond memories of the tower of conviction arc. Yes, there were a lot of references on religion and whoring in general, but boy they were awesome and thoughtful.

This arc has heavy ties to the previous parts of the manga, that the 2016 anime doesn'ty bother to cover.

>Yes, there were a lot of references on religion and whoring in general, but boy they were awesome and thoughtful.
>thoughtful
Either you're shitting me or the Berserk anime is shitting me. And considering the overall quality of the anime, I'm inclined to believe you.

Sadly, I have to second this. Best site to read scans if you're too lazy or dumb to find scans to download.

Berserk 2016 is irredeemably shit in all aspects, bro.

>I'm inclined to believe you.
I would need to spoil the shit out of one of my favourite parts of the manga to explain why its so awesome. It even manages to reinforce all the shit that hapened before, giving the whole manga more weight and power.

When in doubt, anime a shit. It never fails.

A friend of mine that has never heard of Berserk before the 2016 anime thinks it's pretty good.
He says he likes the animation and when I tried to convince him to read the manga he just said "it would take too long and don't like reading poorly drawn stuff".

He also reads One Piece.

No man, there is HAI YO.

Griffith had no idea what was even going on. If anything, trying to keep Guts up there to help defend him makes sense.

Its only done one thing better than the manga and that was show the shadows that danced when Farnese threw torches as a kid.

That's not how the Behelit sacrifice works. We are told repeatedly that you can only sacrifice something very dear to you, so much it's part of your very soul. As it happens, this strong emotional bond also tends to be the reason for one's absolute despair. It's not a calculated revenge or strategic move; as the IoE put it, "when a soul is wounded so deep it is torn apart, a heart is frozen".

He repeatedly shouted at Guts to stay away when he felt himself cracking, warning him it'd end badly. He didn't want anybody near him, especially Guts.

What does he say here?

"I will return" or something among those lines.

Show me the katakana, the hiragana, the kanji and the romanji just to be sure

Beat that faggots ass

BA Z ON GO

Fuck this ending hit me hard.

Well first yeah griffith tried to hang guts but then guts cry and hug him, the only who notices is judeau, then i griffith tries to commit suicide but guts reach to him and then griffith lose his mind he knew that some bad this was gonna happen, i think that in this scene he dont know what was happening and he tries to help guts, he dont wanna sacrifice his friend but then he talk to "god" and the femto is born

Fuck sorry i write this like shit

Also after Griffith became God-Hand he loses all sorrow, due to him being a demon. So we may never know if he regrets his decision because of his demon-state. I could almost believe he would of dis-regard "muh dream". Who knows tho.

This is also a sad page, it's almost like he doesn't want to believe that Casca still adores Griffith or at least remember him.

This is another key moment.

Casca doesn't remember Griffith nor recognize him as the guy who raped her. She just has the same maternal instincts towards him as she did towards the demon babby, while the babby's will causes Griffith to briefly regain some humanity by saving her from Guts' fight with Zodd.
You could also say that Casca just likes shiny things in her current state, and Griffith is very very shiny, but there's no chance of another cucking now. Anons need to calm the fuck down here.

Because he's still human.

If a "cucking" does happen she will die due to the mental state and brand.

Which is probably what most anons subconsciously want, so Guts can regress on his character development, kill everyone, rape Schierke, and accept the Beast's will. Too bad he's stuck on an island in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by powerful wizards who can heal him and Casca.

What, they don't want Guts to be happy? He deserves happiness dammit.

Hanging onto the hope that something horrible is going to happen when we haven't seen on-panel rape since around 2002 is stretching it. Guts' happiness and future is depending on Casca accepting the reality of what's happened instead of sticking her head in the sand, though to be fair staying in her own little world is a good idea instead of bearing witness to all the horrible shit that's happened since the Eclipse.

he acted like an edgelord all the time.
Why suddenly now?

pointed this shit out already, he was briefly reminded of Casca and how qt she was when she was stubborn.

Yeah he deserves happiness but who knows, i think that somehow griffith will be death but not for guts, its like skullknight say he would have the option for revenge or go with kasca, fuck i want a happy ending but i also want the death of the fucking hawk with the dragonslayer

It's hard to say. Losing your human emotions does not mean you have to become completely detached, as Rosine showed. In Griffith's case, he was in such despair he wanted to ("this is the last tear you shed"), but it doesn't necessarily mean he'll stay that way forever.

The side story with flower elf is the saddest.

No one ever mentions the sad moments where Guts hurts Casca unintentionally.

Because the edgelord thing was mostly an act, coupled with him being focused on nothing but killing apostles.

It hit him hard because deep down, he doesn't want to be hated, he just wants to regain that feeling of companionship but knows that while he's branded, he's effectively a walking beacon telling any monster/spirit within range "hey faggots, come and eat me!"

I hate how resentful Casca has become, I understand that Miura is doing it for suffering but even animals are not like that, ever since that attempted rape she can't stand close to him despite everything he does.