Welcome to the war of Hunter x Hunter (volume 28)

#The anons here are smart and respectable people that will use the spoiler tag but if you're reading for the first time, be wary that once the dump ends, it is a free-for-all#

Gather 'round, anons!
Let me tell you a story that started some years ago...
We follow the adventures of Gon Freecs and his friends, going through their hardships to achieve their dreams!
Dreams of the unknown, dreams of freedom, dreams of vengeance and dreams of altruism...
Happiness, fear, courage, despair, loss, rivals, life threatening situations and pain. A lot of pain. The kind of pain that will lock your back chronically.
Start hunting!

= Volume 01, Chapters 001-008
= Volume 02, Chapters 009-017
= Volume 03, Chapters 018-026
= Volume 04, Chapters 027-035
= Volume 05, Chapters 036-044
= Volume 06, Chapters 045-054
= Volume 07, Chapters 055-063
= Volume 08, Chapters 064-073
= Volume 09, Chapters 074-083
= Volume 10, Chapters 084-093
= Volume 11, Chapters 094-103
= Volume 12, Chapters 104-115
= Volume 13, Chapters 116-127
= Volume 14, Chapters 127-139
= Volume 15, Chapters 140-151
= Volume 16, Chapters 152-163
= Volume 17, Chapters 164-175
= Volume 18, Chapters 176-187
= Volume 19, Chapters 188-199
= Volume 20, Chapters 200-211
= Volume 21, Chapters 212-223
= Volume 22, Chapters 224-235
= Volume 23, Chapters 236-247
= Volume 24, Chapters 248-260
= Volume 25, Chapters 261-270
= Volume 26, Chapters 271-280
= Volume 27, Chapters 281-290

Nice cover

I forgot to thank you in previous threads user. So here's a bump.

Don't worry, man. I don't do this for attention or gratitude. I just like to shitpost about HxH.

Still a fucking awesome fight.

This wasn't translated before?

Of course not, user.
All western HxH fans know how to read moon.

I haven't read the op, you're dumping, i thought you were translating on the fly.
Well still nice to see the original work.

I hope Togashi goes all out on the spreads when they land in the DC too.

Still miffed that the anime bungled this scene. They didn't even fix it in the BD.

Togashi went full japanese there.
He even used shading.
ALMOST like he likes to work.

He does love to work. That's why he's so strict about not wanting his assistants or others to do the art while he just writes.

Guy's dedicated.

What did they do? I don't remember.

at first it took OP 3 hours to shit post a whole volume of HxH. But after weeks of shit posting HxH threads, OP noticed something. He was able to shitpost a whole volume in 30 minuets!

>Guy's dedicated.
Or just plain autism. The Japs are so tired of the hiatuses that most replied twitters from fans are "Whaaat ? Hiatus again ? LOL"
I like him and his work, but the wait is killing me.

Look at Meruem's tail.

Damn, the translation is completely made up.

What's it supposed to be?

I fucking wish.

How does that even happen? Jesus.

I don't remember the exact phrasing in japanese but Netero roughly said "An insect...should not get ahead of itself" or something, I'll look for a raw of that page later.

Viz translations vary between great and shit.

I see. But the translation did give off the butthurt Netero was holding after hearing Meruem's genuine comment. Maybe that's just me.

The meaning wasn't lost, though.

Love how Palm looks here.

Killua is cute!

The point wasn't that Netero was butthurt about Meruem in particular, in japanese it's quite clear that Netero feels insulted as a human bean being looked down by an insect, in Viz' translation Netero feels more insulted by Meruem first and then he fact that he's an insect, infact it even explicitly calls him out by saying "You", in japanese Meruem isn't even mentioned.

It's slightly subtle but the significate changes greatly, remember that Netero represents humanity against the ants here, what Meruem said wasn't an insult from Meruem against Netero according to him, but an insult from the insects and their world against humanity and what Netero represented, that also reconnects to what Netero will say later when he's about to detonate the Rose, Netero is there as humanity's symbol, it's not a personal thing anymore.

What's wrong with his tail?? I see nothing.

look at the colored one, his tail is clipping in the flower

But that has always been what I understood from it (granted, viz's wasn't the first translation I'd read).
That is why I was confused by your statement.

It still gives me that understanding but it could be bias from previous knowledge.

Wow Netero, don't be racist.

I did get your point when reading the translation though. Particularly the words "the rest of us" were clearly meant to address humanity as a whole. Maybe the words should have been better but not like every reader is missing something important in those lines.
Even the fight as a whole was, as you said, between the top representing each race and proving its superiority. If people didn't see it they're speedreaders or have a severe case of stupidity. Still, Netero's butthurt was real, it just wasn't personal.

>Netero feels more insulted by Meruem first and then he fact that he's an insect, infact it even explicitly calls him out by saying "You", in japanese Meruem isn't even mentioned.

So basically, Meruem is doing this just to get "You"s? I guess the Chimera Ant King and me are soul mates huh.

Can you be racist against another sentient SPECIES?

You can practically taste Netero's salt over his decades of insanity tier training barely matching up to someone handed power at birth.

>YOU AWOKE ME, UNLEASHED THE FIRE IN MY HEART

There's my favorite ability!
>use hair to enhance defense
>get to focus on offense that way

10/10

Your favorite ability is really shit, family member.

Very unimaginative on top of being lame (best defense = a good offense).

Gon isn't even dead and she is already planning to fuck Killua up...
Disappointed with you, Palm.

>not wanting to beat killua up

fuck you she looks cool

Still not as lame as Palm's human fashion sense tho.

Reminder that Palm has one hairy ass arm.

Wonder if the carpet matches the drapes.

wow, pretty shitty of Killua, only saying this now that he is about to be killed by her