Marijuana & neurology

I've been fascinated - consumed - by thoughts ranging from the afterlife, my purpose on this earth, my own existence, is "reality" a simulation, have I died already in my last life and is my current life heaven, is everything and everything I perceive as real a giant simulation, are we all connected and feel each others pain and love, does everything happen for a reason, has my perfect life thus far been by design by an omnipresent space programmer

All this has been occurring since I started to regularly smoke weed.

Is this God's way of telling me something?

Breaking it down to the first principles..Neurologically speaking, what the fuck is going on here?

I feel like my intellect is working at max speed, and it feels as though I'm functioning on a higher plane, when talking to someone of average intellect

I just farted

this kind of shit works better than any PSA to keep the kids off the weed.

I just farted

Weed is only beneficial if you have long stretches of abstaining from it. Being high all day turns you into a mouth breather after a while.

It's just fascinating man

Right now I'm normal and I'm just chilling on the couch, riding our my Sunday night aa I browse the Web and complete some tasks. Checking email, etc

Then I'd smoke weed and all of a sudden it's balls deep in deep thoughts

LOL

It kind of opens your mind to suggestion and to things you can't percieve through physical means.
THC can only be absorbed into your brain if it's been smoked or put into fat for cooking. And the receptors in your brain for it are only there for THC. I have no doubt God gave us the plant to be happy and somewhat open minded but stoners have abused this gift like alcoholics.

I mean, technically, "intellect working at max speed" is what marijuana does. It's why it burns you out and makes you tired.

Your neurons have a refractory period to recoup before they can fire again. Pot shortens the shit out of it, so they can keep firing.

Thus, the most useless dumbass thoughts like yours suddenly seem to be the most meaningful thing ever.

Of course, short term memory is shit from smoking pot, too, so you forget immediately what you're thinking about and get amazed by the next dumbass thought that you think to death without restraint.

There really is such a thing as overthinking, and this is how it happens.

Damn you're a fucking loser. What is this, your blog? Fuck off to redditt, you'll fit in better there

Saged and hidden

Definitely. Being sharp and in control is of course preferable.

I've just been smoking a lot of weed lately as I'm doing a fuckton of research for a business I'm about to start, based on app idea that could revolutionize how we make friends. The bulk of this I came up with while high

Lol you definitely don't smoke weed.

There's nothing wrong with stopping to smell the roses buddy. Don't be scared to take your mind off fitting into society all of the time.

We've been given intellect. Avoid groupthink

>drugs make you like smart, man

I need to show this to my kids, Jesus, this is horrible.

Get off the drugs, get a job, move out, find a wife. Do it before it's too late.

>based on app idea that could revolutionize how we make friends.
Is it: do you want to meet up and smoke, because that's craigslist. and with criagslist you can get rape and a junk car hauled from your yard.. can you match that?

Oh my God take this shit to r/trees and stay over there where you belong you bong-addled degenerate piece of shit

Got you

Yeah I've been smoking weed lately, and I've been over thinking everything

Like I was thinking about how kids can keep you youthful, and appreciating that can make you happier and even save a marriage.

And how our parents kick us out as we grow older, as we don't bring that energy that keeps them youthful in fact it makes them feel OLD. Shit, I don't blame them

But that's the kind of shit that'll be at the forefront

And you know what?

I consider it to be beneficial to my growth. How can thoughts like that POSSIBLY be bad?

Smoking weed is what grabbed be by the nuts and made me introspectively look at and improve my life

You look like a faggot when you role play as Pat Buchannon. That's what Seth Crowder will always be a dork who tries just a little bit too hard.

You're insecure that I think these thoughts while you stay uninspired

Drug use tends to cause neural stimulation user. Those questions not coming up when you're not using drugs mean you where not doing enough(possibly anything) to stimulate your brain properly prior. If you want to burn out your receptors and be depressed (possiably for life) keep using cannabis, along with a host of other problems accompanying it. If you want to keep thinking like this without drug use, read more, and spend more time on introspection.

But weed makes you introspective easier

And it doesn't burn me our or depress me. Granted I've been on/off smoking for just a couple years now.

But it's fantastic, it's use as a introspective tool has gotten me plenty of women and sent me on my path to become an RN while having side hustles ranging from music projects, to a side business, to patenting an invention, etc

I was just curious by the science behind it

do you feel a sensation on your skin? kinda everywhere?
[spoiler]thats the pressure of the atmosphere pushing on your skin[/spoiler] you just dont feel it when youre sober cause youre so used to it

If I'm in my previous life's heaven, I can only imagine how sick my previous self must of been of being obscenely rich, goodlooking, and social in his day to day life. What great luck I get to live in this heaven, shitposting in my mom's house eating tendies and watching anime. I feel sorry for the next me.

I like you, user.

>Makes introspective easier
No it doesn't. It's forced stimulation, to properly organized, store, and reflect on data you've accumulated. You need pauses, you need to be able to calm your mind in almost a meditation like fashion. When you use drugs you generally tend to mess up the way memories are stored/retrieved. There is nothing beneficial from drug use, cannabis included.

Anything you think you're getting from it, could easily be done (and properly) without it.

Bur yeah, being high all of the time is a sign of lack of friendships and progress. Inarguably, it can lead to lack of concentration which will deteriorate friendships along with your grasp on your life

I've been without a car for the last month, though, so it's been helping me stay sane is all

Dude, what? While high I'll have a flurry of memories throughout my life - my life flashing before my eyes if you will, in succession.

This is a beautiful thing, where being against it feels intellectually disingenuous.

Yeah I could stumble upon those memories from different sights, sounds, locations, etc but it shouldn't be discouraged to manually experience the memories by smoking weed

You know what I mean

Driving while high should he discourage as that would disrupt the flow of society

But introspectively smoking weed seems like you're just entering a cheat code in life.

If life is a simulation, why couldn't marijuana be a cheat code? I'll pose this idea to Elon

BUMP

>My purpose on this earth
Generally to reproduce, if you're male to be a man.
>Is reality a simulation
This world is one of many like it, and many unlike it.
>Have I died already in my last life
Our bodies are like a PC, our soul is like the user. When the PC can't function anymore, the user rejoins the world in which it operates the PC from. Any past life memories you may have/think you have is either information from other worlds the user has participated in, different time periods, or the one it's in inherently.
>Is my current life heaven
No, but depends upon how you define heaven
>Are we all connected
Yes, in many ways, but not in the way others think
>Feel each other's pain and love
No, life is cruel, existence is struggle
>Does everything happen for a reason
Yes, generally because one party acted upon something. Cause and effect
>Has my perfect life
No life is perfect, perfection doesn't exist, it's only something to strive for.

>Is this God's way of telling me something
No, it's you finally using your brain to ponder things others may of done at much earlier ages without drug use.

>What the fuck is going on
You're using drugs, which is forcing neural activity.

>I feel like my intellect is working at max speed
Intellect and neural stimulation are not the same thing. Thinking itself does not make you smart, thinking, analyzing data, and then applying what you learn does.

>I'm functioning on a higher plane
Read more, sleep more, eat better, take care of yourself and life will improve.

>When talking to someone of average intellect
This is the pseudo-intellectual narcissism many cannabis users develop.

Spending a year blazing, writing and thinking gave me a significant and permanent boost in conceptual and abstract thinking. My IQ test results also went from 120 to 130. I feel like I can learn and master anything very easily. Just started photographing today, pic related is literally one of the first serious pics I ever took. I've also developed very interesting style in piano impro in just 6 months of practice.

I grew out of smoking years ago, but i don't regret the time and money I spent on weed at all. I think it's worth mentioning that I smoked sativas mostly.

>I'll have a flurry of memories throughout my life
Yes, this is damaging the validity of them. Our brains function similar to that of a computer. If you access a file in an improper state of mind, you risk corrupting/damaging it. This is why interfering with memory recall is dangerous. What we call short term memory is where data is stored, and later shifted through for things to add to long term memory. If you're accessing a large amount of long term memory without consciously doing it, or via an associated stimulus. It's similar to going into an office building and throwing records around, sure you're seeing stuff you haven't in a while. But you're fucking it up as you do.

Every memory is carefully stored with associated emotional/stimuli associated items. You're corrupting a lot of files every time you have this mass access thoughts.

A sober person can safely recall these things while in a quite area or laying in bed at night.

>Being against it feels intellectually disingenuous
You're becoming attached to a feeling of greater thought without doing the work to get there. It's like using steroids, or being given a prize you didn't earn. You're fucking yourself up and are to stupid to realize it or recognize how. Stop doing drugs, reflect more, think more, read more.

>seems like you're just entering a cheat code in life.
Yes, similar to using adderall to study. You're screwing yourself up.

you've disrupted your pattern of thinking which makes you re-evaluate your life. If you don't stop, you'll eventually burn-out.

A drug like THC can indeed alter the patterns in your thought, and then you notice this and introspect and that can cause change as well. An LSD trip changed my life, made me realize I didn't need therapy or medication anymore

>balls deep in deep thought

same here
and im not entirely sure where this is going to lead to. wisdom, or a pathetic excuse to keep smoking more of this potent drug?

This has to stop, this addiction is serious.

>Our brains function similar to that of a computer
>pretending memories are literally like files
this is how i know you're a dumbass

If you think what I'm I've said is inaccurate then provide a counter argument.

no

i'm just mocking you friendo :D

Go on back to reddddit you phoneposting garbage. Never add anything to the discussion always have to put in their useless two cents without any sustenance.

but i'm not posting on a phone dummy

lol you're 0-2 now, step it up

Yes, I realize attacking someone is easier then addressing what they say. Far less thinking is required

that you're taking simple mockery as a personal attack on your shitty ideas says a lot

>smoke weed
>start thinking about stupid philosophical shit that humanity has obsessed over for centuries
God forbid you read a book or something, fuck you potheads, you're probably lwgitimately retarded and somehow weed has pressed the "on" buttong on yoyr brain, go do something with your life instead of sitting around amazed at the fact your brain can process little bits of information

Congratulations! You're one of the lucky few who seems to be blessed with schizophrenia brought out by marijuana use!
Look, I know I seem like I'm being a dick, and I am to a certain degree, but in all seriousness and honesty: I had a friend who started smoking in his late teens and these are the exact thoughts he had, and the same feelings of working at optimal performance, right before the auditory hallucinations started. I'm also a degenerate stoner and I can tell you that if you smoke long enough, it will leave you without the high, always sad, no motivation or ambition, always difficulty in sleeping, and a host of other charming traits. My honest advice would be to stop smoking or at least make sure you're smoking, at most, 10-12 times a year.