SAO Alicization is over

Light novel series Sword Art Online has concluded the Alicization arc, completely adapting content from the original web novel series that ended in 2008. The next volume will be start of original content for the light novel series.

Tagline: "Kirito will return. New, completely original Sword Art Online chapter to begin in 2017."

What could VR Jesus possibly do now? Rule his digital kingdom with Asuna and have cute messiah babies?

Is Kirito, perhaps, the most complex anime character since shinji ikari?

The Re:Zero of our time.

please just end it now

He is the true black swordsman.

SAO is wish fulfillment done right

Is Alicization any good? I wish they'd just fucking adapt it.

Best SAO arc.

Second only to progressive but even then it's good.

In b4 that faggot with the copypasta.

>HURRRR DURRRR KIRITO GOT KIDNAPPED BY THE EVIL NSA HURR DURRR ROCKET DRAGON DURRR LOOK MA, I POSTED THIS COPYPASTA WHICH OMITTED DETAILS AND CONTEXT AGAIN FOR THE BILLIONTH TIME

And then people replying to the post with disgusted reaction pics and actually taking the copypasta at face value while saying "Omg, really? Seriously? Holy shit, so bad omg as expected from SAO it sux lol" which fuels their confirmation bias.

Can we get further context? Why is this page being shown and what happened at the end of the arc?

SAO deserves it though.

Still interested in how the author will milk the series or tie it into Accel World

If there's a season 3 would that be sufficient to cover all of Alicization?

Probably, more or less. It would be better as 24, but it can fit in 12 if you really wanted it to.

Alicization is 10 books.

Season 1 and 2 were roughly 7 and a half books (the "half" from some S1 side-stories)

It's best to go with a 4-cour season.

>This series deserves having misinformation and lies about it being spread around because I don't like it

Wow, what a faggot.

AWWWW SHIET, so we are getting one more arc, after all?

This new arc should be connecting SAO to Accel World.

I bet the title of the new arc is something like "Sword Art Online: Brain Burst".

Just call it 8. The only thing we're missing from the first 8 novels is First Day, but in its place, we got the first half of Progressive volume 1.

I want to see how you would plot Alicization in 12 episodes. I'm morbidly curious.

Well, it was clear it would continue aince the AI thing.

Well, then it's a shame I hate LNs.

That's like saying you hate anime.

They will adapt it.

Aniplex already made an official statement that they're going to animate the entirety of SAO.

No he's an asshole, YOU are a faggot for caring about what he thinks, and getting triggered by people criticizing something you like.

I fucking hate how they say "Kirito will return" like he's James Bond or Jesus or oh wait

16.5 adaptation when, A-1?

Too masculine looking.

What happens in alicization?

what is happening in SOA.
Is it ending?
What happened to Kirito?

Bankai.

>criticizing
>spreading copy pasta filled with lies and out of context plot points that omitted details to rile people up is considered criticizing now

Wow, what a faggot.

But dem hips.

It just occurs to me how wide his hips are in this picture. That's a pretty big hip-to-waist ratio for a dude.

What about Guts from Berserk?

Thank God. I even read it but it was getting worse with each volume. He should focus on Progressive and AW.

Do you want to fuck Kirito, Jake?

>Tagline: "Kirito will return. New, completely original Sword Art Online chapter to begin in 2017."

What happened? I lost interest after the cave into dragon land or something like that.

Does anyone already translate vol 17?

>cave into dragon land
That was like literally the first volume, user.

Yeah, it was just a dream.
I kinda hope it's better though. I think Reki got better at writing by now. SAO was so shit because he was still remaken the crap he wrote 10 years ago so there might be a chance that the new arc will be better. I still think it's stupid continuing with Kirito though. At least AW has one progressing story, it just feels stupid in SAO.

Didn't they return after attending that swordsman school?

You mean kirito?

Yes, but they first see it in the first volume.

He's the Blacked Swordsman.

No. I'm not into twinks.

Masterpiece

Who is that, Kirito? Is he already back in the real world by the end of vol. 17?

It's apparently a flashback from Kirito's past apparently. Volume ends part-way through.

It was a fun ride but about time it ended

Is SAO even popular still, enough to justify S3? I know S2 sold significantly worse than S1, and Aniplex saying they're going to animate it all is just lip service.

SAO still rakes in a lot of money.
Each volume is at the top of charts in Light Novel sales, so I would say an S3 is completely justified.

Hips are one thing but that face still has a trace of masculinity.

They said they'd keep making anime works about it as long as it continues.
Movies, OVAs, anime season, etc.
The ride doesn't end.

>I know S2 sold significantly worse than S1
But it still sold good on average. Also the LN is Dengeki's flagship after the decline of Index.

They're probably testing the hype with the upcoming movie.

>Is SAO even popular still,

The movie is playing in over 1000 theaters across the whole world. That's insane for an anime release in this day and age. Only the first few Pokemon movies were able to surpass that.

>over 1000 theaters across the whole world
>Only the first few Pokemon movies were able to surpass that
What about Ghibli? And just out of curiosity, how many theaters did Madoka Rebellion get?

I think people tend to separate Ghibli as an exception.

What year is it?
Did Kuroyukihime born yet?

The only Ghibli film over 1000 theaters worldwide was Arietty. Even something like Spirited Away was only 724 theaters. Madoka had around 200 or so.

She was born around 2039 so no.

Will we ever learn her name?

That's a handsome young woman

Probably Sachiko or something like that.

I thought it was Yukiko or something like that.

>Alice in a shipment package for the back-cover.

God DAMN it.

Who is that girl supposed to be?

Don't you want Android Alice calling Kirito's parents Mother and Father?

Rinko. Kayaba's ex, who took care of him during the SAO incident while he was hiding in the middle of fuck-nowhere. To legitimize her cooperation, they had a bomb implanted inside of her.

No. That's uncalled for.

Imagine the neverending catfights.

I'm still curious to see if/when they'll publish some of the short stories floating around in another volume. I think there's enough of them at this point to fill up a novel or two on their own.

I hate Sao but I'd fuck Kirito.

>I'd fuck Kirito.
Agreed

>I hate Sao but
Man the conditioning is strong in this post

Nah, that face is pretty feminine too. He looks like a tomboy.

Dengeki Bunko Autumn Festival has an SAO stage this year.

Season 3 might get announced.

Summaries when? I need this now.

I hope this means Kirito will go back to ALfheim and resume clearing Aincrad floors. I miss those stories.

>Summaries when? I need this now.
No idea, but someone just tweeted two color illustrations.
They're both just Kirito being Kirito, tho...

Kirito vs Anti-Spiral?

Third Color Illustration.

WTF? that Alice android looks life-like as fuck.

>Soft urging Kirito on
Heh.

Who's that mustachioed dude again?

But can you fuck her? This is important.

>the end-card from the web novel

That dark knight fellow who was killed after trying to incarnate-kill Vector.

Maybe.

>All stories have just been told
DON'T YOU FUCKING LIE TO US, KAWAHARA

How can Kawahara even top Alicization if he really does have one more arc?

Did Kirito succeed in finding the evidence of the Nanking hoax in addition to proof that the supposed """"victims"""" of Unit 731 were, in fact, willing participants?

Also the map of the situation, just for good measure.

But what about OP's pic?

>Japan vs China, Korea and America
>China and Korea teaming up ever
kek

I wonder if the live action TV show will address this

Can I have link to the twitter that has been tweeting these pics?

We sure have come a long way.

>all that Sup Forums butthurt

To be fair, fucking over Japan would be the only scenario where anyone in East Asia would team up.

Now the B&W illustrations.

>live action TV show
Oh shit. Please tell me there will be decent actors and not get Hollywood to ruin it and by ruin I mean diversity.

I almost want to buy this, but progressive for manga pictures or light novel?

Twitter link pls, user-senpai.