What does Sup Forums think about Knights of Sidonia?

What does Sup Forums think about Knights of Sidonia?

needs more frames per episode

That was something I didn't like about the show

Tsumugi a cute

CUTE

Good song, although I like some of Muses' other songs more.

Pretty damn fantastic and highly underrated. The CGI works really well and allows for far better shots with a lower budget. Gets panned only because it's not hand-drawn. Understandable, but dismissing everything else because of it is a damn shame.

I wish there was a video game. I think it would be pretty cool.

Alright despite the complaints of low frames and >CG. Wish the author's daughter didn't cause him to lose heart and fuck up the ending.

Low frames are my only complaint about the show.
Unfortunately the show may not get a 3rd season because the manga ended last September

Yeah the low frame rate sucked

Good show. Didn't like the character animations much.

Author completely botched the ending, so I doubt we're getting S3.

It will be the standard for any upcoming 3DCG anime with conventional anime budget though. See Berserk.

>See Berserk.
I need to forget we sacrificed teekyuu for this

If you were from Sup Forums I guess you'd know

Being Izana is suffering.
Still the best girl.

the story was complete shit,with your typical kirito-kun protagonist saving the day.there is absolutely no tension in the entire series,because you know MC will win no matter the odds.this is by far the worst work of nihei.

The show was a good adaption of the manga but it suffered of a low frame-rate, as other anons said. My biggest problem with the series is its ending. Nihei completely fucked it up.

>because you know MC will win no matter the odds

>there is absolutely no tension in the entire series,because you know MC will win no matter the odds.
Did you forget the part where the main girl fucking dies?

>My biggest problem with the series is its ending. Nihei completely fucked it up.
What is so wrong about happy ending?

He's referring to the manga, user. S2 is not the ending of Sidonia.

Great premise that gradually turns into every boring anime trope I've ever seen, so basically most anime.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the manga's ending

>fags who would rather watch mediocre video game cutscenes than something more closely resembling and feeling like anime
I want to leave.

I see nothing wrong either.

sure the MC in blame is also op,but the entire manga focused more on the art and the journey of the MC rather then the characters and story.the only thing the sidonia had going for it was the story and characters since that was clearly the focus of the manga,but the story was already starting to turn to shit right after the first chapter
there is literally no reason for me to care about that character.she is literally a walking anime stereotype in a form of alien.

Manga is great and the anime isn't too bad. If I were you I'd read the manga over watching the anime.

I hope it gets a third season with an anime original ending.

>there is literally no reason for me to care about that character.
She is a love interest for the main character and serves for a beacon of his getting used to his new life outside the underground and him starting to take it for granted. Until she fucking dies. A slap back into the reality of what he's actually dealing with.
Also she's cute.

knights, knights, knights of Sidonia

I only want a s3 just to hear what angela comes up with as the opening.

those fucking songs are pure, distilled hype

Still, she didn't live long enough for many of us to care about. It is more like she is just a plot device and nothing else.

>tfw you will never UCHIKUDAKE again

I'd say she feels more relevant in the anime, seeing as it put more focus on her, having her be the first to greet him, for instance. That's why I'd love an anime original end with BeniJiro regaining her personality and memories (as was hinted time and time again), since she feels much more like the main heroine in the anime.

source

not really,he was already used to his new life.anyway he never seemed to struggle with his new life,making your argument invalid.

Completely derailed into trash. I mean that as season 2 derailed but I also mean the manga derailed.

He never did precisely because he was comfortable, largely due to her.
Then she died.
Don't try too hard.

Aren't we getting a movie/s3 tho?

You're a cheeky thing aren't you?

Keep it up.

>What does Sup Forums think about Knights of Sidonia?

Best girl won

2nd and 3rd best girls also won.

>actually a guy

I will never not be mad

I'm mad because there was no plot or story indicating that Yuhata had feelings for Izana. Both girls lost the Nagate bowl. Then decided to be in a relationship out of nowhere? We all joked about how talking penis would win the bowl, then it actually came fucking true.

>no plot or story indicating that Yuhata had feelings for Izana
Not really a plot, but it was there. But the sudden malefication was weird.

Ill be eternally made about how a goos anime was derailed into haremshit.

Also izana will always be best girl.

That U C H I K U D A K E during season 2's finale perfect.

She was simultaneously best girl and best boy. Some poll showed most people would date her, regardless of their own gender. She has some next level sex appeal.

>there was no plot or story indicating that Yuhata had feelings for Izana
Have you even read?

He's right though. Out of nowhere: "I haven't been rejected yet, let's definitely make it back together" or some shit. I know Nihei had to tie up a bunch of shit to end the manga, but it came out of nowhere. Well, at least Yuhata finally grew a pair.

Its Ochiai's clone that got the best ending. He will forever cook barbecue for three christmas cakes that will never expire.

>you will never drink your waifu's pee as the only means of suvival

why even cling to life bros

>You will never have an elite pilot waifu who grows boobs and a pussy just for you

Fuck this cruel hollow world.

Does she have a benis?

It's never specified, but she has the ability to have whatever you want her to have.

I'm more annoyed by the fact that Izana never ever showed any signs of reciprocating. She was always gunning straight for Naegi. It's a stretch but I can believe Yuhata wanting a piece of that fine cyborg ass. It's that fine cyborg ass being into greenhair that I struggle with.

CRIMSON HAWKMOTH is just an extremely cool combination of words

The manga ending is bullshit and you know it.

To be fair, there is no actual confirmation they got together in the end. That's you reading into it based on what? Izana blushing in one panel? That takes some stretching to say "they're definitely going out."

How so?

Perhaps things were rushed and Izana/Azuha was strange, but other than that, I have no complaints.

Needed more nipples.

And more taichou.

And a third season.

And to skip more of the damned harem antics.

Still mad about hoshijiro

Damn those curves.

What's the fucking point of Yuhata becoming male?
Literally my only problem with the ending

It came out of nowhere, that's the problem.

Yeah, at least make it something like she's a third gender with a tomboy personality or just straight up yuri
That would've made more sense

It's more that it just felt like he didn't care about the work any more. Less detail in everything, less impressive space, and the ending seemed too sudden and "we're wrapping everything up now"

nihei fuck you to haremfag that sending him email non-stop

You have a point, it's not explicitly confirmed. But the way she's blushing here when Yuhata walks up to stand by her and Yuhata becoming a guy really, really imply it. They probably aren't standing together as a coincidence in 3 separate panels.

She never says she's a male. It's still the same body, just with tentacle hands (and a dick probably). Given how into building models she is, I think it's a fitting conclusion she makes herself a cyborg body.

I wanted to learn more about the Gauna. I felt like they were building up to this big mystery that would shake the foundations of everyone's understanding.

That's not how it works. Izana was literally locked between the genders until falling for Nagate, and then her body automatically picked the gender opposite to that of her love interest.

Sidonia was a mistake.
Fuck Nihei and his relatives, especially his daughter.

>felt like they were building up to this big mystery that would shake the foundations of everyone's understanding.
This too, i was left with so many questions hell wouldn't have mattered if not everything was revealed but at least something to speculate more about they fucking defeat the gauna and that's it.

The mechanics of intersex people aren't ever fully explained. It might be more flexible than that.

Nihei never stated that third gender can revert the change, so until then it's just a wet dream of /d/

Eh, the lack of more depth to them isn't that surprising knowing Nihei. I think his intention with them was mostly focused on Ena/Benijiro and Tsumugi's roles and how they bridged the gap between humans and Gauna, whether for better or worse.

I do believe the final battle with them was really lackluster, though.

just read up on the ending
what the fuck
how is it possible to do literally everything wrong

This is pure speculation, but I think it's more likely intersex people don't loose the ability to change after a single change. If Izana isn't lying in that there are other factors besides ones partner that could cause a change, it stands to reason a change could happen unintentionally (or a partner could die, a partner could be outlived, etc) and that would limit breeding partners. That's a big design flaw, and she was at least partly designed, even though she's a clone. It'd make the most design sense to retain the ability to change, and given Sidonia level of tech it seems unlikely the couldn't undo a change.

It's because Nihei wanted to get back to working on BLAME! now that they're making a movie out of it. Rather than put Sidonia on hiatus, he decided to kill it.

For what purpose? If Izana fell for a dude, it's already clear she is not into girls.
That's why Yuhata had to be the one to artifically change her gender, and install Cybercock 12 to give Izana the D.

Hoshijiro was the cutest

Nagate pls

>especially his daughter.
Why?

They did sequel hook with the expedition heading off, but I haven't heard about that actually happening. Would be nice, though.

Anyone has the webm from S1 of Sidonia firing the higgs beam?

She is SnK fag
The other SnK

>For what purpose?
If changing sex can happen for "many, many other reasons" besides picking a sexual partner, then it makes sense if it wasn't an irreversible change. Maybe Yuhata changed because she wanted to?

I suspect sexuality isn't as rigidly defined in Sidonia. They were still recovering from recently being almost wiped out, after all.

Fuck no. The anime ended on a good point. Manga CAN GO FUCK ITSELF!