Which one?

Misato

Kaworu

Misato the best.

shinji

I have taste, so naturally I pick Asuka.

This one didn't even really require any reading all and you still managed to fuck it up.

How many people do you see in that picture?

>"people"
All I see is garbage

Rei is the best.

Open the door of your heart, user.

Don't close yourself off.

>current year
>not picking rei

Rei is cute and did nothing wrong and is a literal angel who deserves nothing but headpats, hugs, and gentle reassurances.

The obvious best choice.

>implying

will this EVER be settled?

Asuka a shit

Asuka Langley Soryu > Rei Ayanami III > Rei Ayanami II >= Rei Ayanami I >> Rei Ayanami IV >>> Asuka Langley Shikinami

no

Literally any character in the series other than these two
Hell, I'd rather fuck Unit 1!

Rei never got her dinner party :(

are you smoking op? the answer is right before our very eyes

Anno hates Rei.

I read that last part as "genital reassurances"

He hates everyone. Artists are weird like that so whatever. All the best ones are fucking nuts, look at Alan Moore.

Fucking implying I'm the one who is perverted. No one made him put those girls in skintight bodysuits. Could have went for bulky astronaut suits if it bothered him so much.

Oh

Alan Moore hates everyone and isn't shy about it.

Anno only ever gives Rei the middle finger. Not saying Anno isn't a weird fuck, but we know where he stands.

also that wasn't meant for me probably but
>Could have went for bulky astronaut suits if it bothered him so much.

That'd be cool, problem with the shit-tier rebuild redesigns is that they could just as well be body-paint.

>should i pick a single unique girl or should I pick one out from a million of the same girl with the same looks and personality

geez

This.

so i have to choose between the retard and the mute?

if anything, team purple

Hate these ambiguous comments.

I prefer the original

A true patrician with superior taste would pick both

>Rei is unique
wew

That too obviously, but only after marriage. Only anal is allowed before the wedding since shes a pure girl.

>Rei is unique
wew

Real-talk:

Original Rei > Original Asuka

Rei is a literal goddess, Asuka is simply put Rei's spawn.

Asuka, you can empty the bathwater and use your own, assuming their are no water restrictions in place. Plus if you do that and stick your head in it, it solves the "breathing air" problem.

Asuka is fucking retarded, she can't help it.

Nothing like best girl Rei Ayanami here.

Both are mentally distributed and not ready for a relationship anytime soon.

Sure, but Rei is still best girl.

Think I gotta go with Asuka. Rei would probably get boring. One of the best parts about girls is that they can yammer on for hours while you sit there and just say nothing. But if it's Rei, I have to talk or else we both just sit there. I don't mind listening to the random crap girls convey.

Rei does try to talk some times, it's just that her company is so much lower than her intellectually.

Besides, if you're a dunce you could still enjoy the silence together.

That, or just convince Rei that she has to say what she thinks, and you're in for a world of yammer...

Rei.

Asuka is OK too, but Rei is better.

She might learn to talk with time, yeah. But I haven't met a girl where the silence isn't awkward. Men will both sit quietly, we don't give a fuck, but girl/boy, enh, one should talk.

>Reifags

Hm, probably because you're awkward around girls. Relax man.

She really should've followed her mother's footsteps

Asuka, of course.

I don't feel like starting a Sup Forums thread and I'm watching this one anyway. The possibility exists for me to go down to three days a week at my job, from my current four days.

I think it's feasible, because I am pretty goddamn frugal. I'd make 1200 a month, roughly a 400 pay reduction. 725 for rent, 50 for phone, 10 for netflix, I think, and I guess I could have 200 for groceries. hmmmmmm I don't know.... the advantage is I get four days a week off and that would be alright. ..

No man, when girls are quiet it's always for some bullshit reason that they are doing on purpose, like you forgot to do the dishes 3 days ago.

Nah you're just awkward. There's a difference between silence and cold silence.

You need to learn a few things about girls, I think. Unless you are one, in which case you need to learn everything about girls.

I maintain that you're still awkward.

You are a girl, aren't you?

I feel like I do this every day. I go on Sup Forums and type "Asuka". Do I have to reach a quota or what

>200 for groceries
Jesus how much do you eat? You know what, you need that extra day of work just to get off your fat ass and be active for at least a few minutes a day.

Besides that, having extra money is always good in case of an emergency.

Is that too much? I'm not an American, where everything is cheap.

I suppose it depends on what kind of stuff you're buying. Myself I mostly buy whole foods and make my own meals, so that makes food expenses a lot cheaper than buying mostly premade meals. That just seems crazy because my shopping bill usually comes to about $50-$75 every 2-3 weeks.

Well, I only leave my house once a month, but I recently found a cheaper place.

Plus sometimes people just hand me free food. I look like a hobo on purpose to scare people away from interacting with me. I get cheap rent by living in a rough neighbourhood, so I have to fit in and look like a lowlife to avoid trouble. As a result, sometimes I just get stuff given to me by good Samaritans.

no

Yes
She a shit

Will a change in artstyle change your mind?

Tfw ya'll nigga's don't except Kaworu as the best.

Kill them with fire.

gross pointy tits
i cant enjoy this drawing

Pen-Pen

Is throwing up an option?

Congratulations, you made Asuka even more unappealing

Serious and unironic: Kaworu is a bad character.

>Dissing Based Timm

Sup Forums here, laughing at you shit taste

Shit taste, both are cuter in a western style honestly

NO

Crossboarders go and stay go.

Let' say you are an Asian, and I try to magically transform you into a whitey, while keeping as much of the asian features I can.

This is what you think looks good.

>comparing flesh and blood characteristics to stylized art

My fellow of African descent.

>Let' say you are an Asian, and I try to magically transform you into a whitey
Yeah I think that's called anime.

thread should've started with a strawpoll.
also, asuka. rei a shit

Yep, that's what I am doing. And you obviously understood it. However, I don't see what you acting like a parrot and repeating my statement does for your argument.

If you disagree with me, you should refute my argument, not repeat it.

Shinji

Fair enough.

Yes, I do think Timm's renditions of Asuka and Rei look good, especially Rei as the doll-like appearance suits her.

I repeated your statement to point out what I believe to be an absurd comparison. Animation requires some degree of stylization/idealization, which naturally leaves out the flaws and details in our ntural appearance. I can see your point if I posted western girls cosplaying as Asuka and Rei, but Timm's drawings are, as ai said, respectful and attractive adaptions of the original style.

Which do I choose?

>Literal goddess; pale, introverted, and quiet. Respectful and submissive, would never hurt you and would care for you and protect you if she could.
Or
>Loud, bitchy mutt who would will treat you like a piece of shit if you do one thing she does but better, and has to put others down because of her own low self-esteem and many other mental illnesses.

HMMMM I DONT KNOW

Them's the choices yep. Asuka all the way.

Rei is not a doll.

You think that drawing asian girls as white girls is different than white girls dressing up as asian girls?

To be fair, Asuka is half German, and I see Asian features in the art I posted.

The asian features are the problem. You should re-envision them from the ground up as white and make the look like King of the Hill or Scooby Characters.

Look at that. They went full Asian and it looks fine. But don't try to mullato it.

Asuka. Because she isn't a blank template devoid of all interests and lacking personality.

Not that Rei can help it, she was designed to be perfect Waifu material- a women who has no characteristics, motivations or drive. She is a tool designed to obey commands and this inherently makes her boring and uninteresting. Fight me.

Was this part of that Scooby-Doo comic they did in anime style?

bestgirl

No I think it's some deviant art mockup.

Misato is the only correct answer.

>Inb4 "used goods"

You realize, of course, this thread is about choosing between only two.

It's fine if you like Misato alot, but if you were at a restaurant and they only had fish and hamburgers, you can't just ask for human meat.

The only correct answer

You must realize
>he was designed to be perfect Waifu material- a women who has no characteristics, motivations or drive. She is a tool designed to obey commands and this inherently makes her boring and uninteresting. Fight me.

is true for Asuka, not Rei.

Asuka was designed by drawing elements from Anno's waifu(s), and was admittedly imagined as an idol-like character. In the original story, Asuka was raised and in some versions, bred to be an EVA-pilot. She was raised to obey NERV and live only by the way they provided her.

Asuka in the show has no will or personal drive, she is merely NERV's puppet, and NERV can cut her strings any time. When they do after episode 22, Asuka collapses like a puppet without strings, motionless. She has no personality or characteristics beyond what her masters gave her. Asuka is in a word, pathetic.

Now contrast with Rei, someone who was also attempted to be molded, formed and controlled - except with Rei, it failed. Rei was ever so inquisitive about herself, and sought understanding instead of coexistence, and Rei forged a vision of her self that was uncolored by her would-be puppet master.

This is why Rei still remains her strength when she loses her EVA or is otherwise hurt, because Rei doesn't need NERV, the EVA, or even someone else to exist as who she is. Her personality is hers.
This is why Rei is the one person to defeat the ultimate representation of the oppressive controller: Gendo in the end.

So when you consider NGE, Asuka fandom is largely based on one huge lie.

Impressive. I paused my seinfeld stream just to read your comment. I'm not saying you're right about anything at all, but I at the very least had to pay attention to what you said.

Don't fuck the penguin user.

Both I and you know I'm entirely right in what I said though. I mean, let's hear anything to the contrary that has any base in reality beyond waifu stubborness.

Well, since you really want it, Asuka underwent a similar awakening that changed her personality.