Gantz Creator Urges Fans to Buy Manga New, Not Used

Well, you heard him, are you supporting the industry in a proper way?

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-08-10/gantz-creator-urges-fans-to-buy-manga-new-not-used/.105217

I urge him to write a good manga.

lol fuck that noise

/thread

I hope the animay does well so there's a new series

A lot of series go out of print after just a few years, so there isn't always a choice.

(You)

I don't even want to read a single page of that garbage ever again, let alone buy it, new or used.

Why would anyone want to support someone like that?

Bunch of fucking faggots in here ,go back to your crap anime please and thank you.

Kill yourself, newfag.

this desu

Sounds like his (((publishers))) put him up to this. Who else would give a shit about used manga?

>local library has anime, manga, movies, shows, video games and even a streaming service so i dont even have to leave the house
>"buy things new guys"
Nice try.

Gantz was a good read to me, though. It's the ending that was complete shit.

Didn't Gantz end a year or two ago? What's he going out and bitching about people buying Used copies for now?

Maybe if you can't get New sales on your Old manga anymore, you should...like...begin working on a new series? And try not to put plot in it too much--Gantz took a fucking nosedive in quality when it stopped being JAPANESE PEOPLE IN SKINTIGHT LATEX BODYSUITS KILLING/BEING KILLED BY WEIRD ALIEN SHIT and became a shitty ripoff of Macross with the Zentradi invasion fleet.

>actually wanting used goods

Truly the lowest of the low.

I buy most of my manga new, although if I'm looking for a complete series I don't care whether it's new or used, I just go for the cheaper option.

>(((
>)))
I don't know what this is, but it's spreading and it's awful.

I found it pretty bad from the start, never even got to the alien arc everyone was always bitching about. His drama and characters never did anything for me, and his digital art wasn't my speed either. It just felt like some bad action movie.

>alien arc
Alien invasion arc*

These mangaka need to just get patreons or donation pages, because people in the West generally cbf to import New copies of manga. Importing used manga is reallg cheap, though. I got the full (current) set of Hunter x Hunter and Great Teacher Onizuka for around $50 including shipping from amazon jp back in December.

When the mangaka only gets like 100yen per volume sold, and they're not going to produce an extra volume when a gaijin like me imports it, I don't see the point. For people in the country though, by all means they should buy firsthand copies, especially with how cheap they are anyway.

This

Why would I support industry which doesnt offer manga in my native language? Fuck em

I think you misread that post, user, he's not complaining about it being Japanese.

Does anyone know if the authors get any money from localized manga? I guess most of it goes to the publishers, but I remember reading in Bakuman that they get royalties or something.

i'd buy a box set
manga that reach 10+ volumes should always have a box set
its such a pain having to buy individual mangas when they're reaching the dozens

I don't even buy my manga to begin with, what makes you think I care?

i honestly liked the ending fight
i mean the last arc was nowhere near as good as the beginning, but i never read gantz for the story
the action was good, the last felt like something out of an action movie

The only thing that I enjoyed about Gantz was the gratuitous nudity and pubic hair. Everything else was awful.

They do, but Sup Forums likes to claim otherwise to justify read scanlations when licensed copies exist.

>Used
It's 800¥ how fucking poor can you be, and that come from shithole with 400$ average monthly wage.

If they're non-pirates who are buying it to read, rather than collect something they've already read and liked, then I expect they just buy whatever is the lowest. Six bucks a volume would add up really fast if I had to actually buy all the manga I read.

Pirating in Japan is near impossible anyways, so of course nips just use old ones or use the library.

How so? There are plenty of raws around that you can view online, even assuming you don't speak English at all.