未亡人

故人

あんたはアニメの嫁が人ゴミだ

二次ゴミだろwww

I thought it was 寡婦

I thought it was 孀

I processed the DOBJG with ABBYY FineReader and this is the result:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5m3juZl6c7bbG1lbmhFdEVnbGM/

What do you guys think? Is is good enough to copy the notes out of it at least?

おはようおにいちゃん

おにいちゃんはどうしておにいちゃん

妹がいるからんじゃないか?

おにいちゃんだから

実は俺は姉ちゃんなの

In the middle of translating something, what are your thoughts on translating 声優?

Keep it as seiyuu or translate it to voice actor?

Seiyuu

TN: A Seiyuu is a highly esteemed Japanese Voice Actress or Actor.

I'll have a look at it later, man. Thanks. I'm currently in the middle of sorting out the pages for the Basic section of the DoJG for the site template I posted a few days ago.
Pic related is what I added prior to working on sorting out the bulk HTML for the pages. It will probably take another day or two each for the Intermediate and Advanced pages, since the main kinks have been sorted out.

human voice machine with no soul

Any chance to link the related expressions to their respective entries?

What is 麦茶 and how does it taste like?
Like oatmeal soup?

VA

i mean why not just voice actor or actress in most situations

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roasted_barley_tea

This is for a manga, so I'd like to avoid using acronyms when possible.
I personally don't mind either, but it's more of a question of what's more widely accepted here and for the sake of consistency.

Leave it in kanji and have a translator note telling the reader to learn Japanese.

I was going to do that but to be honest it was going to be a lot of fucking around because there is a lot of these related expression and antonym expressions that aren't actual entries and the scans I used doesn't really differentiate them. I could work through and add them later, once the pages for each specific volume have been made but it would push the overall process back. I'd like to have a functioning product that people can take advantage of up kind of ASAP so that way if I am to do something somewhat minor yet likely time intensive, I'd rather do it in the background without disrupting the site, updating everything once that part is done.

Basically I've kept everything as simple as possible, as in just HTML and CSS, so it can be more or less as portable as possible for people who want to use an offline all in one version in their browsers with the files locally.

I have a question: for the main pages for each volume, would it be better to have a table of contents linking to each individual concept and maybe a link at the top for a page which has all of the concepts together, or better to have a single large page for each volume with a table of contents at the top with links to and from each concept, like the pdf version of the concepts that was done a while back?

i mean its not like its a completely foreign concept to the western world, and you definitely want to not do this for things pretty much ever unless you really have to and even then its only ok in amateur stuff just for fun; if you work for anybody they will tell you that shits got to go

though with the way things are going as far as catering to weebs it might start becoming acceptable in the future

>reinstall Firefox for the unsigned Rikai dictionaries
>don't bother backing up anything as I could easily create bookmarks and such again, or so I thought
>forgoe I had a folder full of useful Japanese learning resources that are gone now
fuck me

They are stored in your old profile folder. Unless you went full retard and deleted it manually, Firefox shouldn't touch it on any reinstall.

well here you go its not much but hopefully it helps to start rebuilding your collection of resources you dont use

guidetojapanese.org/learn/grammar

>Keep it as seiyuu or translate it to voice actor?
Seiyuu

TN: Seiyuu means itadakimasu.

voiceblog.jp

for listening practice

TN: You would know what it means if you knew Japanese.

Hey I was wondering if someone could translate both
>Where are you eating
>Where do you want to eat.
I'm having trouble with word order and this would clear some of my confusion.

>for the main pages for each volume, would it be better to have a table of contents linking to each individual concept and maybe a link at the top for a page which has all of the concepts together, or better to have a single large page for each volume with a table of contents at the top with links to and from each concept, like the pdf version of the concepts that was done a while back?
The second one would be instantaneous if the page is small but wouldn't it take forever to load the notes images all at once?

Thanks, most of them came from the guide and will be pretty easy to find again.

>Unless you went full retard and deleted it manually
:)....

いずこお召し上がりますか?
いずこお召し上がりたいのですか?

>not using sync and restoring everything
>not using pocket and having all your bookmarks there
That's what you get for being tinfoil.

おまえはおまえの口に入れている食べ物はなんですか

食堂を選んでなさいボケ

Daily reminder

My waifu doesn't know English either, so it's fine.

>The second one would be instantaneous if the page is small
It's about 700kb for every single individual page of the Basic concepts. The thumbnail images for all of the Basic concepts are around 3mb, but I could just as easily instead use a link to click on instead of a thumbnail image to click on, which would remove that 3mb.

What are the thumbnail images, can you post an example?

The way most websites usually handle it is to put them all on one huge png that stays in cache permanently and then use css to single out the images.
Look at the flags on pol for example.

Today I did Anki for 31 minutes and then I read a visual novel for 2 hours and 30 minutes.

I wonder if your terrible grammatical mistakes are part of the joke or if you're just retarded.

Should've read Anki for 3 hours and 1 minutes.

>pic related

>The way most websites usually handle it is to put them all on one huge png that stays in cache permanently and then use css to single out the images.
Oh, okay then. Maybe I'll have to look into that. My approach to this and everything else is to learn things as I go, so if it's simple enough I'll probably do something like that.

no that was my honky mode japanese if you could help me out sensei it would be much appreshed

I'm starting to question the usefulness of those thumbnails alltogether.

おにいちゃんはできるよ

できるからできるよ

They were on hand so I threw them in without too much thought. They don't have to be there if they aren't of much use.

理由になってない
イモウトのバカ

もうできない

チョキできないよぉ〜

Oh shit. Well that's a rarity for sure, coming from the protag. Also awkward.

Useful word: 白昼堂々

I replaced the thumbnail with underlined black text that highlights red when hovering over, clicking will open up the image in a new tab. What do you reckon? Use that instead of the thumbnails?

いもうとたんの言葉を頼りにするからできる

Forgot to post the image.

おそっ

Anyone want a jpopsuki invite? I'm sitting on 8 of them.

Yeah, they are too undetailed to make anything out.

useful word: ちんこ堂々

You could do something similar to what you did here but only with thumbnails:
core6000.neocities.org/dojg/

Opening the notes in a new tab/window would break the flow.

Fair enough; I'll go with the indicated link for now.

白昼堂々のオナニは楽しいね~

音読み難しいなー

老若男女

>Opening the notes in a new tab/window would break the flow.
The goal is to eventually have the notes in text and not images, as per this screenshot.
I've looked into the dynamic resize to page on click but with my limited knowledge it seems that you cannot achieve this interactivity with pure CSS and HTML, and I'm trying to keep it with just that. No javascript or jQuery. Maybe there are more knowledgeable people around.

[email protected]

Email me a screenshot of your invites and I'll send you my real email address. Thanks in advance.

haha yes please do work to give me a free thing and then maybe ill accept it

Dear god, yes please.
[email protected]

Oh shit, I've been meaning to get into there
[email protected]

Also there's this.
I mostly download 1080p things though so my raw ratio isn't nearly as good

これ読んだ事がある
猫の声らしい発音ね

got the invite, thanks!

Sent.

Don't worry, jpopsuki has an easy points system so I'm sure anyone will be fine.

>Do you understand what's going to happen after this? Just like back in Manchester I didn't enter the 保健体育 schooling, and since I lacked the interest didn't study on my own either.

I don't get it. Isn't the context that the MC is about to fuck the chick? I'm doing something major wrong here.

I wouldn't mind one
[email protected]

Oh wow I'd really appreciate it user.
[email protected]

You'd just need a small JS function though. Just add this to the head:

function showNotes(id, source) {
var elem = document.createElement("img");
document.getElementById(id).appendChild(elem);
elem.src = source;
}

Make empty divs for all entries with unique ids (e.g. "note1") and make the link a button with an onclick event.

Should be in your inbox

>You'd just need a small JS function though
I'm not going to use any javascript but when I post the site as an initial offline "package", anons are free to improve upon it as they like.

Thanks dude, Ill make sure to pass it on if i get invites

>丸
>がん
>fishball

Are you under the impression that a embedded JS function will make it less portable or something?

イタダさんが食べ物を持って来るとき、何と言う?

イタダ来ます

>everyone says that japanese is easier and much better than english

I get what you're saying, but why? Try giving me at least 10 reasons why it's easier than English. How is it easier if everything's backwards?

high five for the quality post you got me stumped

youtube.com/watch?v=tfRSvTSY0d4

One particular thing I really like about it is how relatively consistent verb conjugation is. There are so few exceptions, it's great.

Another thing which I find somewhat elegant is how you use clauses as adjectives. It just kind of seems like the most natural approach to doing it.

I think it's a simpler language than English (far less exceptions, no weird pronunciation quirks, etc.), but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's easier for someone used to English to learn.

Is there anywhere on the japanese internet that has free ebooks? Looking for nonfiction stuff in particular

I'll give you more than 10 reasons if you can give me 12 reasons to give you even 9 reasons.

amazon

Alright, here's a way to do it with CSS and no custom JS functions. Make CSS rules for each note with background: url(imgsrc) and when you click on the button just add the corresponding class/id. It'll load the image dynamically.

honto.jp often sends me mail about free ebooks but I never checked them.

answer me you fuck