Macross delta

What are the chances Mirage pulls a "Misa" and win the triangle?

SHARON

Dumb Sharonposter.

APPLE

>Having a cover of Mirage being jealous of Hayate and Freyja

Wow, they sure like bullying her.

Reminder that Kaname is a sad old hag who kills everyone who loves her with her doom song.

IS A CUTE

What was your thought when this poster was revealed for the 1st time? What do you think about it now?

A CUTE!

>looks like Ace Combat, but with idols. Planes look cool.
>what the fuck is wrong with writers

Last episode sure was boring.

I thought the girls would ride on top of the planes while singing, like AKB0048.

I thought the dudes were a rival evil boyband.

Kind of wish it had gone down like that, but I'm not upset at what we got instead.

Don't make me go Varllistic on your ass, user.

Slim to none?

Hayate acknowledged her as his teacher in episode 13. Then he called her his mom in episode 19. Literally no love there.

Forgot this one.

It just doesn't make any sense.

He could love her like Char Aznable loved his mother. There's still hope.

>Oh look boyfriends and their girlfriends. Knights and their protected ladies, cool idea.
>then hayate and the shit triangle happened

Boyband vs Idol - The macross. It turned out to not be true. I thought that Bogue was going to be relevant but it isn't really the case.

>looks even more Ace Combat, literally that fly-by in Zero
>where the fuck are my planes.

I thought Roid was gonna be the quirky yet honorable senpai pilot that died so Keith would git gud faster.

>What was your thought when this poster was revealed for the 1st time?
Love polygon with all idols ending with pretty boys.

>What do you think about it now?
It's sad we got this shitty trianglewith Mirage instead. It should have been Hayate -> Freyja

I thought the boys were gonna get paired up with the girls.

Booger's irrelevancy is the best thing about him.

She is like a different character in this cover. She looks way cooler and stronger.

I want Reina to bully him even more.
I want it SO BAD.

She was like that for what, first 3 episodes?

Reina would probably just get behind Makina if he'd ever approached her. Then Makina would kick him in the nuts and run away with Reina.

No, even from the beginning she was a shit pilot who was out of sync with everything else and just raged all the fucking time like a cunt.

None unless she gets a hint and starts channeling Fire Bomber. The she can strap some sound boosters on her Sieg, fire them at one of those funny looking Protoculture relics, and literally have the Galaxy listen to her (auntie's) song.

Let that happen if Reina smirks at his pain afterwards, in mockery.

Can I sue Kawamori for false advertising?

It's Rinne no Lagrange all over again.

I still don't understand why they teased us with the Max and Millia thing in the earlier episode if the result is to make her that irrelevant in the anime.

dude she's going to get that dick

Blame the writers. Delta is very inconsistent.

She has to earn that dick, and so far, she hasn't.

It's not really a worthwhile dick to be honest. A cardboard dick for a cardboard cunt is a fair deal.

More than the TV series finishing, I'm the most interested in the eventual movie version and how much better it will be.

A 100 %. I called it from ep 0.89.

Why do people compare Misa with Mirage again? I still haven't finished SDF but Misa has done far more than just running after Hikaru's dick
>Competent bridge bunny
>Came up with the Daedalius attack
>travelled back to Earth to convince her dad to drop the let's nuke the zents foolish plan
>She got promoted, not because her senpai died or her captain had other units to command.
>strong willed woman who later shows her dere side
Meanwhile, Mirage is insecure, pretty useless and self concious about her family's legacy (even though save for a few mechanics in the first episodes and hayate, nobody criticized her for that) and who turns into an even more useless blob in the second half. Her only feats are catching people and planes mid-air.

But Hayate is one of the better Macross protags. He's not cardboard at all. Neither is Mirage, she's just sad.

>OP1 shows Messer and Keith dueling in Battroid
>actually occurs between Hayate and Keith in cour 2

>OP1 shows Hayate and Mirage flying in tandem

it's simple math guys, just you wait and see.

>But Hayate is one of the better Macross protags
That's false. He's basically nothing and works only when Frejya is around.

>she's just sad
A wet cardboard then.

I'm curious about what are they going to do with a movie too but it won't happen before 2018-2019 since Kawamori has planned to do a 2-cour original anime next year.

Messer probably won't die in the movie.

I wish they'd execute some dark rituals to summon Watanabe for Delta movies.

MIKUMO WILL WIN

SCREENCAP THIS

I still think the best course for Mirage would be

>Confess to Hayate
>Get rejected
>Realize she should fight for herself and that she's good

IMO Hayate is a huge handicap for Mirage. I'm not particularly fond of her character, but even I agree that she deserves better than winning some pitiful triangle.

We could get her development on accepting her feelings, her climax in the triangle, moving on from it, and growing as a better pilot because of the experience.

She is "the macross" after all.

>Messer probably won't die in the movie.

That will change the whole dynamic of the Delta squad as Mikumo and Freyja get more powerful; and change Keith's character progression too. That will be an interesting story to see.

Wonder if the movie would go stronger on a Arad, Messer, Kaname triangle then.

No, he is one of the better ones for sure.
He starts off as a directionless teenager and then gets inspired by a girl to try his hand at flying. And he learns how to fly, building off a natural talent, and continues to pursue that girl. And when some terrible shit happens to him, like finding out his father was Windemere's greatest monster or killing some faggot in war, he doesn't mope about it for whole episodes. He acknowledges shit happens in war and sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do/says "I'll work it out when the job's done" and gets back in the plane.

Compare that to someone like Alto who waffles around forever with the first world problems he has("do I go after the ridiculously hot galactic superstar who is into me or the babby I've never had any romantic interest in whatsoever who I knew liked me from the start and I'm just stringing her along?") or Shin who just has no character whatsoever, or even Basara who, as entertaining as he is, is practically not even human. And let's not even start with Hikaru.

You can't dismiss Hayate's character just because you don't like him, so "that's false." He is one of the better franchise protagonists.

>19 episodes in
>STILL caring about triangle
Why? Literally, why?

There is 7 ep left. They need to develop
>Freyja who still think that she is a weapon and her lovestory with hayate
>Mirage being relevant and her "lovetriangle" with hayate
>Mikumo
>Roid
>Keith
>Father's story from Cassim's point of view
>Protoculture
Did i forget something?

I often get the feeling the writers had a change of heart about what they were going to do with Delta while it was already in production

Kawamori needs the shippers' money, he'll draw out the drama until the end and we all know it.

Faint triangle my ass.

We chummy bunch love us some silly romance

It's too late. At this point she's just spent far too much time being sad as fuck and having an almost stalker-like fixation on this guy who barely notices she's alive and has friendzoned her like three or four times. It will be the most pathetic "moving on" in anime because there was never anything to move on from, he never liked her and she never even tried to approach him, she was literally his beta orbiter.

They should have just never had Mirage in the first place. I honestly feel like even crack pairings like Hayate x Mikumo or Hayate x Makina would be better than Hayate x Mirage just because Mirage has done fuck all and accomplished nothing for so long.

NUNS evil conspiracy.
Lady M.
Fish-neesan coming back.

Its too silly. Mirage has 0 development since episode 3. And no one will go full Pixy, Kawamori's too much of a pussy.

ok

The Hoinabowl, you mean?

quick stitching of Mirage's cover. Are there any high-res images released for these? I might do a couple others if they're posted here.

And there's the second one in the thread.

Honestly though

Who wouldn't feel cheated if Freyja, the girl who inspired Hayate to his dreams, is bound to him by "fate", has a special connection to Hayate, have proclaimed to work hard for each other, have risked their lives for one another, have overcome their differences with Hayate's dad nuking Windermere, have resolved their feelings on their different lifespans... Lost to Mirage who has for 18 episodes done nothing but gasp from the background in terms of "relationship development" and cry because she wants the D?

I would feel extremely cheated.

>No, he is one of the better ones for sure.
By being better than Alto? One of the worst mecha MCs ever? user, he's still a bland pile of nothing. I don't really care which one of these two shits stink less.

No matter how hard you'll complain, there will never be another Isamu.

It's not out yet. That cover just got released today.

You can shoot Messah down without killing him. Just cripple his shit up so he can't fly for a while.
And have Kaname-san peel apples for him in his hospital room.

Too bad I compared him to more characters than just Alto. Maybe you should spend more time reading than looking through your funny anime girl face folder.

They teased Messer's battroid face-off with Keith but added in a twist with that for the second cour. Hopefully they're not done yet. I'd like to see a full character arc for Mirage

> full character arc for Mirage
user, there's only 7 episodes left, and Delta still has a shitton of unresolved plot points.

Anyone has noticed how Kawamori is making Freyja suffer since ep01? She is like the "green" girl of this show.

I don't think she will loose to Mirage unless something bad happen to her.

>Mikumo was going to be Sheryl 2.0 and Freyja Ranka 2.0
>Turns out Freyja is best girl and Mikumo is Basara

I never thought I would cheer for the new idol in a Macross and I've watched them all.

Miracle of the universe let me tell ya.

Heinz and Mikumo are suffering too.
Maybe Kawamori hates two-tone hair now.

>You can play as Bouge with Reirei as support
YES

Y-you can?
Does she bully him?!

Reina is the best character.
Followed by Makina.

>It's Frontier's fault

I chuckled.

>You can play as Bouge with Freyja as support
YES

Booger fuck off, this thread is rightful NUN clay.

She's barely developed.

I doubt we'll get a Mirage character arc. Perhaps an episode or half an episode. We've only got 7 episodes left and we've got more plot relevant things to take care of than Mirage.

>Mikumo's true past
>Freyja resolving her view on songs
>Hayate getting gud to catch up to Freyja
>Hayate and Freyja fixing their resonance
>Windermere/nuking full story
>Reveal of Roid's actual plans and what's the deal between Gramia and Heinz that the doctor tried to warn Keith about
>Keith defecting / internal Windermerean conflict
>And we have at least 2 battles left. 1 on episode 22 and the final battle on episode 25 and 26.

>Frontier's fault
?

If they have the time for a Makina and Reina flashback then they sure have the time for her.
Her problems aren't even that bad honestly, she just needs to stop watching from the sidelines and embrace the WIND.

What the fuck is Kawamori doing this time?

In Artdink games you can play as everyone with everyone. Timeline doesn't even matter.

That show was awful, why did you have to remind me it existed?

The Varja's bacteria is the reason there is the Var virus in Delta.

I told you it needs another 13 or 26 ep. They will never make it with only 7 ep left.

>falling for the Kawamori ruse cruise

>embrace the WIND
So you be sayin she's yet to find a reason to fight?

But does she bully Booger? This is important.

>Hikaru mistakes Kumo as Minmay
What did they mean by this?

Freyja really is the breakout character of Delta and the anime season. She's been consistently on top in character polls and merchandise sales.

she needs to go to a world with no idols

No. Booger bullying is a meme.

Good. She deserves it.

and no boundaries.

OUCH