Who has the most capable navy outside the USA?

Who has the most capable navy outside the USA?

my money is on the Royal Navy

>2 new aircraft carriers with 5th generation aircraft.

>Brand new anti air destroyers

>Building 13 new frigates

>Building new attack submarines

>Building new Corvettes

>Building new nuclear Armageddon submarines

Rule Britannia I say

Other urls found in this thread:

ukdefencejournal.org.uk/minister-confirms-type-45-engine-refit-contract-awarded-2018/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Glad to have them by our side

>by our side
By fucking up our trade deals, revoking the meeting with the queen for state visits, and constantly ridiculing us on our gun and free speech laws?

Nobody else like the royal navy?

how have they fucked up our trade deals?

A lot of our new shit is breaking down because it hasn't been properly tested and budget cuts. So I wont be surprised if the Elizabeth class suffers the same fate.

what broken down?

Type 45 engines have cooling issues when operating in warmer climates and need to be retrofitted. And our new light armoured troop transport the Foxhound or Ocelot whatever you want to call it is a piece of shit apparently and keeps breaking down.

Ever since the election, I've seen easily over a dozen articles on Sup Forums about tge UK moving trade and arms deals away from the US and instead doing business with Europe, China, and other places, specifically citing it as a response to the new regime.

I'm sure that Engine cooling system was fixed ages ago, not mention it was made by us

I think they are keeping their options open after Brexit, they would be looking for deals with Europe, because they have just severed them all current trade agreements by leaving the EU

ukdefencejournal.org.uk/minister-confirms-type-45-engine-refit-contract-awarded-2018/
Apparently not mate it's scheduled for 2018 and the problem isn't solely to do with your intercooler.

Britain doesn't even have aircraft carriers of their own. It's all stuff the USA lends them. Same for nukes.

The last independent western power was France and that ended in the 2000s. Now every last western country is America's dog and there's no escaping it. Trump was put in power to give us the illusion that there was some kind of resistance, among other schemes.

This is why I hope Russia eventually rains holy cobalt infused fire on the great Satan and India undergoes a revolution on the scale of China.

If you want to believe trade deals are done to snub current leaders, then you've been played and you should feel stupid.

>Northrup Grumman intercooler was experiencing reliability issues

Gulp, sorry guys

Don't vote for fucking mongs on the basis of memes, then.

>Britain doesn't even have aircraft carriers of their own

don't believe your lying eyes

And what was the alternative bongbro? We were rooting for Trump just as much as they were.

China & Russia

The ships were rushed out and active deployment is their extensive testing not all your fault.

I'm still a #CruzMissile tbqh.

A FUCKING RAMP

Not Russia, their navy is pure crap, their projection force is ridiculous, only their defensive capabilities are actually decent.

China is copying as many technologies as possible to catch up and it seems to work fine even though their latest CV uses late 70's tech with some newer electronics

Russia?

You having a stroke?

I have to be fair here and say this doesn't bode well. When we do shit like this it means we sneaky Anglo are up to no good again.

Bolivian Navy

Beeing landlocked is no excuse for not beeing powerful

>please Chile, gibb sea access.

2 ramps is still better than one dry dock, Frenchbro

A

FUCKING

RAMP

Switzerland

Britannia may rule the waves, but Switzerland rules the lakes, thank god they choose to stay neutral

>A FUCKING RAMP
they look ugly desu, total disaster, not good. You should scrap them, I will take them off your hands, trust me

Drydock because we have only one, we had a project to make another CV so we always have one ready to set sail but it was cancelled by (((them)))

A fucking ski jump

mechanical / computer engineer here. I work for a company that is subcontracted by defense companies such as kamen and Lockheed. I am not allowed to go into specifics, but i can talk about the general nature of these vehicles and the working enviroment that creates them

ama.

>Who has the most capable navy outside the USA?
Who cares?
We're several orders of magnitude better than second place.

Shame, got to prioritise welfare for the shitskins I suppose, same with us.

unironically North Korea, fuckers got 72 subs.

RAMP
A
M
P

RAMP
A
M
P
/
_____________/

Still much more powerful then French navy.
Russia has more ships under construction then USA. They're second only to China.

Imagine a world where US and Russia have a military alliance and US sends Russia billions of dollars so they can develop their navy and air force and in return we get their rocket scientists and use their S400s and Sarmats

Imagine Russia having 1100 aircraft and 11 carriers

How susceptible are they to cyber attack?

>Still much more powerful then French navy.

That's why we're supplying them ?

Quarante gâteaux my dear friend.

The RN is about to retire its anti-ship missiles without replacement. They will have no surface warfare capability.

They already have thousands of aircrafts.

Rusting outside in Siberia.

>RAMPED

that is actually one question I am not allowed to answer,

but I will say that we hire/contract some of the best cyber security firms that money can buy. in this information age cyber security is among some of the top priorities when we create networked vehicles/equipment.

we dont fuck around

Pretty fucking irrelevant for European countries when the enemy (muslims and the left) are inside the borders already...

Let the LARP begin

I lost my TS Clearance at a UK defense company for a cheeky blunt. You're a fucking idiot.

Chinese power projection outside of their immediate borders is absolutely dogshit

I don't know how they can pay for them? they have just cancelled the funds to keep their one carrier seaworthy

They're our best hope, by giving them welfare we can attract more highly qualified engineers from the Middle East and Africa who will build high tech military equipment

Fuck off. They hire French contract companies and just get a load of local IT blokes in.

What's wrong with ramp?

im sorry i dont speak bong

what is a cheeky blunt?

Glad to hear it but there's always the possibility of human error somewhere down the chain I suppose. Ok how overpriced are these things generally, say the new Ford class for example for what they are?

They can't design efficient catapults I guess, so they stick with the ugly ramps.

Virgin tier crap

Hear hear lad, hear hear.

That is changing rapidly.

A

FUCKING

R A M P
A
M
P

Really? Couldn't you say you had it in the dam? Always find it ironic how in the city everyone and their mum is snorting coke but it's all taboo.
Weed

>2 new aircraft carriers with 5th generation aircraft.

We have no serviceable aircraft carriers and no aircraft to put on them.

Its much more cost effective it just limits what you can launch from the carriers

I'm pretty sure the Brits invented the steam catapult system

>what is a cheeky blunt
Probably something about being a LARPing faggot on an anonymous image board for (You)'s

Dude omg

RAMP
A
M
P

money gets shuffled around a lot. Big companies are the worst kind of bureaucracies, just by moving the money around even once it gets eaten up in wages, and in a big company like a defense company it gets moved around dozens of times before it reaches its destination

research and development takes a large chunk from it. scientists are not cheap, especially ones that know how to keep their mouths shut. we paid one guy 250,000 just because he was an expert in large heat transfer using heat pipes. the final cost of the jet/tank/vehicle is in large just to cover the R&D of that vehicle, but it tends to be a little over priced.

what eats up so much money in defense is not the price per item, its the fact that we are churning out shitloads of them even if they are not really needed.

Russia doesnt have a navy. We're a continental power - places we can't walk to don't matter to us.

yep, but they stopped using it.

Only France and the US are using steam catapults nowadays, as it's pretty easy to operate (but still difficult to maintain) when you've got a nuclear reactor to power it continuously

If ramp works just fine, then why should it be replaced with catapult? Adding new, more sophisticated aggregates would just make ship less reliable.

I think they are only building 4 of those, so the likelihood is they will only have 1 or 2 on active duty at any one time.

although the do have a shit tonne of VLS

>Frigates and destroyers don't have any anti-ship missiles and won't have them for several years due to budget cuts
>Carriers aren't fully operational due to budget cuts
>F-35 will be delayed, British offering to let the US Navy operate their fighters off of British carriers until they get their shit together and can purchase enough F-35's for an operational air wing

but Ivan, knowing the foul swill you drink all day, you cant walk to anywhere. Does that mean you are no threat to anybody?

i still don't know why ramps are bad

You can't launch heavy jets with a ramp, thus limiting the type and the armament of planes you can launch from a CV

>when you've got a nuclear reactor to power it continuously

this is why you only have one, for a nuclear powered aircraft carrier to be cost effective you need to use economies of scale to mass produce the unit to make it 'cheaper'.

building just one was crazy

>the absolute state of britains one and only pride

at least they're trying to better themselves, which other nato ally is trying to share our burdens.

>we hire/contract some of the best cyber security firms that money can buy
That's a strange way to say "We outsource to India".

Bolandi

The F35 variant the brits will be using have a longer range and are better armed than the Fa18c's we use at the moment

We've been ok for the last 20 years, I'm sure they will be fine, not to mention the Rafale didn't do so well against the F35 in recent war games.

Of course. Russia is a peaceful country, which has never started a single war. Our doctrine is purely defensive.

They cannot into navy

I dont trust you, perhaps we should spend Nato should spend a few billions flooding your domestic market with cheap booze so you can stay calm

Poor Georgia

>A 4++ gen is not doing so great against a 5 gen jet that the US have been working on for at least 20 years

Well color me surprised, but the rafale will soon be equiped with the new RBE2-AESE radar so it's going to perform better in air combat.

[concern deepens]

Makes sense, thanks for the info.

rafale dank plane DESU, are you the frenchie that keeps shilling rafale on Sup Forums? I enjoy your posts

Why are you so salty about the rafale ? It's been doing great in multirole combat. Can't say the same for the EF-2000

Itd be great if that was true given how awful you guys are at war.

I'm just saying, you bash the brits for having a ramp, but what have the French got in store to compete with their ramp launched aircraft?

btw it was the brits that came up with the turbofan lifting mechanism

its true man I like rafales, when is their end of life?

The British love to be humiliated by the U.S.

It's a national tradition.

Doesn't matter what happens or what the U.S. does.

You're not teaching me anything, but for the moment the rafale M is doing great with the catapult system, we're not competing with the brits anyway.

Bashing CVs with a ramp is a recurrent thing on Sup Forums that's all.

Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but isn't Russia the only country that would single handedly actually be a threat to the USA?

Yeah, I guess we got all clay by some bizarre accident. Oh well, at least we've never lost a war to our own fauna.

Dunno, but we'll push its limits for a long moment

at least until we have a newer project in mind (or else we'll buy US equipment and kill our military industry for good, just like we almost did in the 90's thanks to the leftist governments)

Americans mock foreign countries:
>U-S-A! WE'RE #1! MUH FIRST AMENDMENT! FUCK YURP

Non-Americans mock America:
>WAAAAAAH! STOP TRIGGERING ME! UR NOT ALLOWED TO SAY BAD THINGS ABOUT MURKA! THIS SHOULD BE ILLEGAL! MUH GUNS!

pic related

They couldn't touch the usa by conventional means, its just the nuke shit storm that will follow