Does Sup Forums use e-readers for manga and comics?

Does Sup Forums use e-readers for manga and comics?

I use my iPad

>reading
what are you, a fag?

you're reading this right now

>not using a vertical monitor

Used PocketBook Touch (8')for a while.

But for most of the time 5'phone (amoled) or a 11' tablet (ips) works fine.

No. They can't even display white. Just varying shades of grey.

whoa

Nah, because double pages work really badly.
I actually wrote a script to automatically split double pages in two but it's still kind of a pain to read manga on actually quite a small screen. Looks good, just a little small.

>reading anything longer than a shitpost on your monitor
LMAOOOOOOOO

No, I'm a poorfag.

Nexus 7 still going strong. Kinda want to get a new reader for LNs and other books but so far everything looks like spyware, limited file type shit.

>limited file type shit.
>on android
All of my keks.

Paperwhite? Any e-reader > $100 should be able to do white these days.

I mean yeah, that's why I want a new one. I only use the 7 for manga.

It's nowhere near comparable to a sheet of white paper.

Sup Forums was made for vertical monitors.
A horizontal monitor, you get like what 7 or 8 posts all bunched up on the side and then the other 3/4ths of the screen is empty.
In portrait, you can see like 25 posts at a time and there's almost no wasted screen at all.

Use PocketBook 920 (9'7) for years. It got some scratches because I'm a retard who bought and then took it's cover off because it was too heavy but it's still the best choice for me.

Maybe I'm just being too picky.
>e-ink
>backlit
>32gb+ internal or expandable memory

Is this too much to ask for?

What kind of retard browsers Sup Forums in fullscreen?

Hear hear! And buttons too. I loathe touch interfaces. If I want to touch something, I read hentai.

It sounds like you're too poor to afford multiple monitors.

>not using both
It's obviously situational. Some people will read manga when they're out of the house or away from their desk.

Though I don't use an ereader anymore, tablets are better and more convenient in every way.

Why use an e-reader when you can just use Manga Rock on your iphone

It sounds like you're too stupid to think that you need multiple monitors to browse Sup Forums

What kind of retard doesn't have a dedicated portrait monitor to use for vertically designed applications?

> too stupid to think that you need multiple monitors
Not him, but calling someone stupid while botching your sentence this badly is kind of embarrassing.

Wait, what? But I do think you should have multiple monitors in general, Sup Forums included. Extra real estate is the best.

You should first learn how to formulate sentences before insulting someone based in their intelligence.

Doing what else? Fapping to ant-sized doujins because half your monitor is Sup Forums now?

Both of criticized him for "botching" a perfectly fine sentence. What the fuck?

Autism

>Both of criticized
Both of you.

>a perfectly fine sentence
What he meant to imply was presumably "you're stupid enough to think that you need multiple monitors to browse Sup Forums," but he wound up with a sentence that implies that only a dumb person wouldn't browse Sup Forums with multiple monitors, which is clearly the opposite of what he meant.

>Both of criticized him for "botching" a perfectly fine sentence. What the fuck?

Yes, it's called "my phone".

It's technically grammatically accurate, but it would mean the exact opposite of what he was obviously trying to say.

You can't make up this kind of irony.

>bad grammar
>bad reading comprehension
>e-reader thread

You people can actually read, right?

Thanks for explaining, I was honestly too lazy to do so.

Years ago, I saw an autist ask the author if his book was going to be printed on acid-free paper.

I once had the same idea of using an e-ink reader for manga since most were in black-and-white anyway. Turns out it made most pages almost impossible to read due to the text being so tiny. Replaced it with a 10" Windows tablet and it works much better now.

I have a Paperwhite and I can read Getter Robo just fine, but having only 4GB of internal memory makes it inconvenient to read larger manga like Berserk or Rurouni Kenshin

Right, my bad. Obviously, I didn't realize because it was a grammatically correct sentence. I'm not that guy, and I did just speedread it.

Dude the kobo glo has had this for like 5 years
All kobos have expandable memory (their internal memory is actually an SD card).
A kobo aura HD should be perfect for manga.

I've had a kobo glo for 4 or so years and it has all those things.

My kobo glo actually has two microSD slots, one internal, one external. I could stuff this nigga if I wanted

I can't get it to boot with anything other than the 4gb it comes with

Meant for

>2016
>everyone I know is married
>most have kids
>got that promotion I never thought I would get
>finally have money
>no color e-ink
>lcd is still the dominant display tech
Tuck me in. Let me die.

It wasn't supposed to be like this. This isn't the mid 00s tech optimism I was sold.

This is how you kill thread.

>Kobo Aura HD
Great but for the screen size. IMO 7" is a absolute mimimun, I had a Nexus 7 for a while before I got a Tab S 8.4", I wouldn't go back to the smaller size.

I'm using Nexus 7 for Manga/Anime/LN.
Doing very well considering how old the thing is, still on Kitkat, since I didn't want it to get laggy from the new updates.
What are you talking about?
BAKAEX, Alreader, moon+reader.

E-readers are good for LN, For manga it's not that good.
Use tablets.

tablet, the e reader is too small

I use a nook.

B-but manga are comics.

>using sub-human devices to read

Kill yourselves you fucking normalfags.

I use CDisplay EX
Monitors are far superior

>6.8"
DROPPED
shame, its otherwise surprisingly good looking

No, because I'm not a faggot who watches anime or reads manga outside of his home.

have kobo aura H2O. which programs do you use for converting manga formats?

This is the extent of my free space 6 months of the year. Would you suggest I just keep physical volumes on hand?

Piggybacking on this, what do people use to make Kindle compatible files? All the image to pdf converters I've tried were pretty terrible.

I just found a program called ImageMagick. Just select all the images you want to be converted into a .pdf and press a button.

You literally did the exact same thread yesterday.
Sage and report.

Kindle Comic Converter

Very handy back when I had a Paperwhite, even now that I have a Kobo h2o, I still use it to optimize images for the screen size and fast page turns.

Kobo can handle cbz too so life is easy.

>being a braindead welfare fairy
LMAO

I haven't been on Sup Forums in months. Figured you guys would know better than Sup Forums

>make 60k a year
>welfare

Use PC faggot.

But doesn't scrolling meters and meters of pages with a whole hand become kinda tiring? You need to scroll a lot and fast when reading manga in comparison to text. I tried it like once on my fathers iPad but didn't like it. Much easier to scroll using mouse, the screen is bigger. Also if I read on my laptop on bed I can lie down so I'm facing the screen sideways thus can see whole page which is nice.

Already ahead of you senpai

I buy my manga in stores

Most of my reading these days is done on my Chromebook at workl. The online scans aren't as good as downloading your own, but it's better than nothing.
I've been reading more manga that ever since I got a job. How about that?

If I feel like lazing around in bed, I use my phone. Otherwise, my PC.

Strange thing is, I do have some physical copies of stuff that I really like, but I always end up reading on a screen anyways.

forgot to metion this is a kobo aura hd.

While I like the idea of an E-reader, in reality the whole thing is far too fucking finnicky, the resolutions are too low for comfort, and the only way to get a half-decent experience is to buy everything you want to read off Amazon.

I have the same thing going on with my physical copies. I feel like you miss some art on panels on books that aren't broken in.

C-cozy.

koba aura hd is 1080p you have no excuse.

How cute, you think 1080p is enough.

On a 6.8 inch screen it is.

How cute, you think 6.8 inches is enough. (whew that felt gay to type)

I used to read it on my Kobo years ago.
Nowadays I just use my tablet, IPS screens have come a long way, low brightness setting on my tablet is about as good as the e-ink screens.

>poorfaggot neets angry people can buy god tier tech
In every e-reader thread on Sup Forums forever.

That's about the standard size for a tankobon, of course it's enough.

I use a cheap android tablet. It's 10 inches, so a little big to carry around if I don't have my backpack with me, but it's perfect size for Manga pages Cuz I never have to zoom in and out. Double pages can be a bit annoying but those are pretty rare as is. Plus I just don't have the money/space to collect volumes of books except ones I really love.

>Some people will read manga when they're out of the house or away from their desk.
I see this is a sentence with words that mean something but I do not comprehend the message that was conveyed, what does 'out of the house' and 'away from their desk' even mean?

I recently bought a 4th gen Kindle for $20 on Amazon and now use that exclusively for light novels and real books. At first when I put manga on it, the text was really tiny and couldn't read it so I downloaded a thing called Kindle Comics Converter and used the feature that cuts out the margins and can read manga perfectly. I still use my Galaxy Tab A for manga mainly for weekly updated stuff but if I find a completed series I wouldn't mind reading it on a Kindle. Downside is no expandable memory

You're trying too hard with the memes.

I use my surface pro 3.

Physical print manga is almost all garbage.

Which is unfortunate, because I'm a faggot about collecting physical copies of media that I like.

I checked out the Punpun omnibus and it doesn't seem too bad if you're into that sort of manga.

>that horrible cover
Get some taste, America.

It is disappointing.
>small format
>cheap paper
>no gutter/margins

First two are rare good ones, third is more common.

Get Honeyview, I'm pretty sure CDisplay EX has spyware/adware or something.

>amazon will never release another kindle dx

I just use a lenovo yoga tablet 2, I don't care about the e ink as I read almost all my manga while taking a dump.

The official release of Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer seems pretty good. Seems to even try to avoid gutter loss.

Most E-ink displays are too low res for that. Only the recent E-ink Carta displays can pull it off, otherwise just use a computer.

Ok guys my nook HD+ is dying
any recommendations on new hardware?
8-9", 1920x1200?

Anybody having issues with Kobo stuff?

My h2o is not appearing properly when I connect it to my PC. It just appears as an empty drive in Computer and it appears in Disk Managment but all the space on it appears as "Unallocated" eventhough the device is working fine and I'm able to read content stored on the internal memory.

I've had to resort putting stuff on a microSD card to load new books on it since I can't access the internal storage. When I connect it with the microSD card inserted I can access just fine, but no dice with the internal.

iPhone 6 Plus