I've just finished this show, what's your thought?

I've just finished this show, what's your thought?

Also, science adventure franchise thread

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-08-01/chaos-child-anime-premieres-as-tv-anime-in-january/.104872
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Anime was garbage. VN was a pretty good headfuck imitation of being insane until the last third or so where it becomes irredeemable shit.

I thought it had a little problem with the pace. If they'd have two cours like Steins gate or Robotics notes, it'd surely be amazing I guess

The anime is utter shit, 2/10.
The VN is second-worst SciADV, 7/10.
People need to hurry up and translate Noah already.
Ayase a best.
That is all.

I'm surprised even the second worst one could get that high score, but indeed they are really good

Vn is great except for last part and anime is shittiest adaptation of all time.

it was good. i liked it

Because of its pace right?
Now I wonder what Chaos child would be like with just 12 or 13 eps

Any time I see a post in a worst anime thread that isn't Chaos Head I assume that person hasn't watched Chaos Head.

Super special was dope though.

Glad to hear that
I surely enjoyed it tho, they needed more episodes to make it better i guess

I think it's not like this show is literally worst tho, yeah their adaptation wase't good enough to live up to the VN

I doubt that having a second cour would have fixed it.
The biggest issues had nothing to do with time constraints, and were more just Madhouse making changes based on what they thought the viewers "wanted to see."
It's clear that the team Madhouse got to work on it completely missed the mark as to what Chaos;Head's appeal was even supposed to be.

This is something that could easily have been avoided if they didn't rush to get the adaptation out within the year of the VN's release, while it was still "relevant." Steins;Gate and Robotics;Notes have proven that the quality of a SciADV anime is proportional to the time gap between the VN's release and the anime's release.
Hopefully, this means that Chaos;Child is going to be great. I have faith in Silver Link.

I see.
Silver Link has been amazing these days so we can hold our hopes up high eh?

This. The appeal of C;H was that it was an unreliable narrator who was also having delusional hallucinations. You, as the viewer, are supposed to question what's real and what's illusion alongside the protagonist, so when crazy shit happens there's a real lingering question in your mind if this is actually happening, or if it's just another insane delusion.

SciADV VNs have always relied less on the "What" of the story and on clever gimmick "How" storytelling. C;H's delusions, S;G's phone, ect. This makes them especially difficult to turn into good anime, where you can't exploit the same storytelling tricks the VNs pull.

I have a huge nerdboner for unreliable narrators and clever narrative devices done well, and C;H VN somehow pulled it off, better than any other VN in the line, IMO. C;H anime simply failed on all counts.

I'd say keep your hopes real low this time around.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-08-01/chaos-child-anime-premieres-as-tv-anime-in-january/.104872
Although only one guy has been announced so far, I'm not really all in with his track record especially his glaring lack of experience with VN adaptations.

wait, when they said C;C anime would be 12 or 13 episode?

Does this have the worst MC of all time?

Chaos,Head had some neet gamer guy as protag. sadly they forced him out of his room and make him a hero...

I would kill for a game with a Neet MC who does not give a fuck. Ignore all the chicks throwing themselves at him, ignore the world in trouble and keep on grinding his mmorpg.

>Masato Jinbo (Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei!, Shomin Sample, Nozo × Kimi) is directing the anime and is also handling series composition
This surely won't go well.

My thought is that I want to marry Rimi.

Why's that?
Prisma Illya has been really well so far right?

Darth Spider

I thought the anime was SUPER SPECIAL

The VN, however, is one of my all time favourites and I would recommend it.

Whose eyes are those eyes?

Don't remind me, please.
I'm still feeling it.
Itchy.
Itchy.
Itchy.
Itchy.
My belly is itchy.

When's REDACTED?

Never.
Enjoy S;G Zero in the meanwhile.
We'll never get that sweet, sweet Dual, nor will we ever see our Blue Sky for ourselves.

The op and especially the ed were the only good things.
YOU ALWAYS

Find the Blue > Fetishism Ark > fake me > Chaos Logic > shit > FDD

>S;G Zero VN supposedly in english in 2016
When does the anime air? I think I'd want to play the VN first.