Alright Sup Forums

Alright Sup Forums.

How do we deconstruct the battle harem genre?

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/a/thread/145497461/#145508815
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>filename
Reported.

By naming 3 things that aren't jackie chan?

They're actually normal and realistic women.

Gross.

Let mc lose every battle after the first.

You don't.
You reconstruct it by adapting Magika no Kenshi to Shoukan Maou.

The harem starts to die because the MC can't protect them.

The lead is female, the harem members are male, most of the characters are adults who are not part of the harem.

MC is agonizing over the sudden power and responsibility thrusted onto him
The harem members are not friendly with each other at all. They fight, undermine, and take out their frustration on the MC. They also go for other guys at times.
Oh and people actually die, including harem members.

In the end all the harem members are either dead or moved on. MC ends up alone, but he learns from the experience. He learns that relationships aren't handed to him, but rather he must work for them.

Sounds like a shitty cuck fantasy.

>deconstruct the battle harem genre
Why would you do that? Violence and tiddies will never stop being entertaining.

>the battle harem genre
No worries. It's dying now. It will revive in some future when Japanese get bored of isekai genre though.

I've grown out of those, I'm mature now and are looking for stimulating manga to keen my mind.

Stella a shit.

It's actually really easy. You just let the characters develop/fuck, and stop it with the "Uwahh~ i touched his hand, now i can't wear a white wedding dress" nonsense.

With femdom, gyaru sluts, carnivorous aggressive women and NTR

For starters, I would avoid Infinite Stratos-like premise and formula. Make a MC who isn't dense and isn't a goody two-shoes that will never kill.

>the word lol in filenames will trigger autism

What's this about? I haven't been lurking in a while so I'm not caught up with the cool new memes.

normal and realistic women wouldnt be fighting in a battle harem.

Spotted the numale.

You have a trouble spotting irony.
We call your kind autistic.

>They also go for other guys at times.
We cuck now

Easy. Just avoid everything that could resemble IS, Freezing, Kampfer, Rakudai, and Masou HxH in terms of premise, plot, MC, lead heroine, harem, and setting.

desuarchive.org/a/thread/145497461/#145508815

This guy will get triggered if you put the word lol in your filenames.

would japanese editors allow that though?

>Announcing a report
Reported

I wouldn't watch that even if you pay me.

Isekai battle harem.

I'M STILL MAD

How is Rakudai harem?
The MC has only one love interest, they're actually in a relatonship that is developing.

Its not, Freezing isnt one neither
And Kampfer seems to be yurishit

But retards will be retards

>don't make MC retarded
>make MC a more morally gray (not edgy) character that wants to avoid entaglements because he doesn't consider himself a good person, can use that for filler instead of misunderstandings or stupid drama
>consider if a situation can be resolved by two people resolving a misunderstanding in 5 minutes
>make the girls varied enough that they can be identified by a trait, but develop them so they are not reduced to it
>no childhood friends
>no obvious main girl
>no just one girl in the cover in the first volumes until we get into more personal arcs

make a series where they leave the academy

>Kampfer
The MC is male.

Exactly, they start dating in volume 1, get engaged in volume 3 and fuck in volume 9.

It's not like Zero no Tsukaima where Louise and MC have to say they love each other every few volumes because their relationship doesn't develop and every slut is after the MC.

Just remake School Days with battles.

>Waking up transformed into a beautiful girl
>Genres: Shoujo Ai

Doesnt seem like it

>Demon, Angel and Dragon travelling with you and occasionally getting handsy
>They're only with you because you're like their ex

Pretty good manga if you are a cuck then

Even though he's genderbent he's still male.

My having a harem mc fall for a guy

oh wait that's already been done

Wow anons those are some powerful delusions

The MC is actually gay and gives no fucks about the women chasing after him and instead sets his sights on another guy in the class.

>cuck

Rakudai is the SAO type of harem. MC and main girl hooks up very early, but other girls that form a relationship with the MC comes and goes. For some it's affection of some kind that is enough to make them blush, maybe even imagine hooking up, for others it's admiration, etc.

its yuri if you only see his female version onscreen

And the girls only like him because hes a girl most likely
Its a pretty nice bait and switch by the author

How so?

How about just adding in a MC that isn't a dense fucking retard, has actual interesting goals, and can be a sneaky and strong scheming bastard for a change instead of the reactionary brute fighter.

There's nothing interesting about seeing someone trying to demolish someone's plan with brute force alone, I want a MC who actually does shit beyond being a fucking statue for girls to flock to.

Japan is fucking retarded when it comes to MC, I much prefer how Korea does them.

Make more Anti-Magic.

>This shit again

Listen up you faggots.

Monogatari is NOT a harem. Arararagi walked Hitagi home gently.
Sword Art Online is NOT a harem. Kirito is dating Asuna and had sex with her. TWO YEARS WORTH OF GLOP.
Mahouka is NOT a harem. Onii-sama is asexual, and can only have feelings for Miyuki.
Nisekoi is NOT a harem. Ichijou is in love with Onodera, and as the title suggest, his love for Chitoge is FAKE.
Toradora is NOT a harem. Taiga fucking won.
Yahari is NOT a harem. 8man has been shown to have no romantic interest in any of them, just sexual attraction.
Danmachi is NOT a harem. Bell is clearly shown to only have interest in Ais.
Index is NOT a harem. Touma punches every girl he meets. That's not love.
Log Horizon is NOT a harem. Shirou is not a pedo, and the only other valid contender is Akatsuki.
Cross Ange is NOT a harem. Ange is straight and has no feelings for Hilda. Plus She and Tusk had SEX.
Absolute Duo is NOT a harem. Why do you think it's called Absolute DUO and not Absolute HAREM?
The World God Only Knows is NOT a harem. Keima confessed his love to Chihiro!
Dog Days is NOT a harem. Cinque and Millhiore declared their love for each other. Rebecca has no chance.
OreShura is NOT a harem. Eita is dating Silver. They even kissed in front of everyone.
Love Hina is NOT a harem. Keitaro and Naru got married and they love each other very much.
Saekano is NOT a harem. It's about how to raise _A_ boring girlfriend.
Rakudai is NOT a harem. Ikki proposes to Stella in vol 3!

I repeat: Rakudai is NOT A HAREM.

But he chooses Chitoge in the end user

>Main boy's role is the shield
>He's firmly friendzoned by all of the girls initially and starts dating a girl outside of his "harem"
>Most of the girls don't fight at all and take other support roles.
>Nonstop infighting and bitching and boyfriend stealing, MC has to cope with all of their drama.
>As loli's inevitably begin to fill up his "harem" he decides to open a preschool with his wife at the end of the series.

Old copy pasta

Needs to be updated

>designated as harem on all database sites
>3+ chicks want the MC's dick
>full of cliche antics seen in every harem

>3+ chicks want the MC's dick
>Stella and imouto

Try again

So Anti-Magic?

I see, so the existence of an actual relationship with the MC and harem is not mutually exclusive. Ok.

rakudai is a harem because almost every girl in the series falls in love with the MC instantly or after a short while.

This is the same series where a teacher fell in love with him at first sight and invited him to fuck within 2 minutes of meeting him.

>Implying that MC choosing a girl means that it's not a harem

I think your sarcasm detector is broken.

MC does form a relationship with the other girls. Difference is for him it's not purely romantic since his only love is the main heroine. But the other girls can have romantic feelings of some level. As long as the possibility (no matter how small the chances against the main heroine) of routes of other girls that's greater than 2 exists then it's harem.

>I see, so the existence of an actual relationship romantic with the MC and harem is not mutually exclusive. Ok.

Fixed

>As long as the possibility (no matter how small the chances against the main heroine) of routes of other girls that's greater than 2 exists then it's harem.

Even if that chance is zero? Because that is pretty much what Rakudai is.

I would instead say that if more than 2 girls like the MC romantically, it's an harem. Actual chances and other relationships do not matter.

>MC isn't the first or super special guy. yes, he got special powers, but thousands of others got those too
>the harem is mostly there to keep the MC entertained despite high mortality rates. they're basically an advance payment on his 72 virgins. although they are useful in combat.
>the girls have a much higher survival rate since they're support, so there will be veterans on the team, older than MC
>the academy treats the whole thing as a human resource and morale mangement problem. onsen episode? that's a planned event, just like everything else. discreetly placed bowl of condoms included.
>MC dies to sustained injuries, in the base hospital, several episodes before the end of show, will soon be replaced by another dude
>the rest actually focuses on the surviving haremettes unwinding and preparing for their next assignment
>only few of them actually miss him
>he actually wasn't that generic. we just never learned much about him because he wasn't the focus.
>family and friends that were only shown for a few scenes will attend his funeral and tell a few stories to fill in details. hire wakamoto to give a speech like in muvluv. only for one of the girls to comment how they have heard that a dozen times before
>the mid-boss which fatally wounded MC will actually be killed offscreen by another team. no revenge or anything

The girls turn lesbian on themselves instead of waiting for the MC to stop being a black hole.

>Being a cuck

Leave this place.

Yes they will.
Remember that 'only top 20% guys get all the girls' mra r9k shit?
Its actually true and I've seen it happen loads of time.

>that girls are actually attracted to the MC for realistic reasons such as looks, social status and masculinity rather than "he's so nice"

reverse NTR:

MC has a girlfriend. But she is not useful for combat and will never be and she knows it. She is not even allowed on academy grounds outside of weekends.
Their relationship deteriorates quickly under those conditions, affecting his morale.
This makes the harem members make their moves on him with even more effort.

>MC has a super special hidden power and instantly gets a harem without needing to buid a relationship with any of the girls

DROPPED

>They're only with him because he looks like their ex

So you want a show with a protagonist who accomplishes nothing and is surrounded by strangers who pretend to be not strangers?

shoujo ai is not a genre, theres just a thing dumb otaku made up for "yuri without sex"

Also its not yuri when the MC is scared shitless of girls even in his female body.

MC doesnt give a fuck and during fights instead of trying to disarm someone who is trying to kill him he just goes all out and ends up killing someone.

Back to your New game threads

He accomplishes nothing in the same sense that an individual soldier in a war doesn't win the war by himself.

You don't. Harem is cancer.

There is a show that does this, just depends on if your autism allows you to consider rpg world stuff battle harem.

>Also its not yuri when the MC is scared shitless of girls

That means that only a couple of harems series exist
Because almost every MC is scared of girls

MC being a girl and surrounded by other girls who are lusting for her makes it yurishit

Less than 1% but not zero is still a chance. It's extremely improbable.

>more than 2 girls like the MC romantically, it's an harem. Actual chances and other relationships do not matter.
Chances was to put things into perspective. It should be more than 2 girls liking the MC. The "liking" can progress to romance, so relationships does matter.

In the manga alone, stella, imouto, dojo girl and loli teacher want his dick.

And the manga hasnt gotten to the part where the student council president falls in love with him yet.

>cuck
Fuck off back to Sup Forums and stay there.

Yeah because we were talking about the manga

>interpolation garbage
Fuck off.

Most girls would be expecting the guy to protect them, not fighting by his side.

I like it.
Maybe also do something about the different typs of girls? Like nearly every harem got:
>friends when we were kids
>smart/big breasted/shy
>loli
>energetic/tomboy

he has already been revealed to be a super special hidden power, he is going to turn out to be the reincarnation of their ex.

100% guaranteed.

If the story has them resurrect their ex and then dump the MC though, that would be hilarious. But no japanese editor would allow it because otaku would rage.

to be fair, the non-interpolated version already suffers from inconsistencies like the expanding hat or the perplexingly pivoting pelvis

Shieldbro is somehow like this. The MC is the only one without a proper harem.

>Almost a year later and Rakudaifags still delude themselves about Rakudai being harem

Is there a worse fanbase that does this?

no you dont get it. The only romantic relationship possible in kampfer is with the male natsuru. None of the main girls want female natsuru except for the villain who has zero chance of winning.

Random girls want female natsuru, but we dont even get to learn their names so they have no chance.

Its a normal harem, not a yuri harem, because the only possible outcome is with male natsuru.

>Random girls want female natsuru, but we dont even get to learn their names so they have no chance.

Doesnt matter if they have no chance, this makes it a yuri harem because they want her
I

When did you fall under the impression that we weren't talking about the manga?

You don't.