How much value do you put into visual direction?

How much value do you put into visual direction?

Other urls found in this thread:

noamkroll.com/make-the-distinction-between-being-a-visual-director-and-a-performance-director-your-career-will-change/
youtube.com/watch?v=YWy5wAwQuT4
youtube.com/watch?v=DMjhY98bf-g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Some I guess

Enough to not watch any post Pani Poni Dash! Shaft show

But Shinbou is one of the best japanese visual directors.

What's he got to do with post-PPD Shaft?
Also fuck the term "visual director" that sounds retarded.

Not a lot, seeing as I like this movie

It's a nice addition to the characters and plot.

A lot, I would watch an anime/manga on good style and scenes alone.

But my favorite mangas are all from ONE. Guess not a lot then.

One's cinematic sensibilities are ace though.

In the way his scenes are all badly drawn in paint until the decently drawn climax.

style is a pretty important factor for animated media, since it carries a big deal of the narrative. for example, imagine the berserk manga going for a bland standartized style (clean cell-shading etc) it would have never had this much of an actual grimdark athmosphere. same goes for Ito stuff.

regarding the monogatari animation, i may be no expert, but the way they put the focus on the characters itself (simplycistic/photograph environments, no background actors) and translating metaphoric elements found in the novels directly into sound and animation made for an awesome style.

I also willingly do without any shading if it allows putting more budet into depicting fluid movement.

*visual media

Define visual directing.

It's what we uneducated use to refer to cinematography and whatever's involved with that.

I had to google "visual direction" and I still don't understand. Help a dropout out senpai.

Headtilts and excessive pretentious fanservice.

A lot

noamkroll.com/make-the-distinction-between-being-a-visual-director-and-a-performance-director-your-career-will-change/

nice virus

e
b
i
n

Wow, it's been a while since I've seen one of these shit threads. Good to know you've learned absolutely nothing from your prolonged failure at grasping basic art literacy.

My fedora nigga.

based Shaft.

Has it been absolutely beyond a shadow of a doubt confirmed that Shinbo himself is really the series director?

>stiff art
thank you based shaft

None. I'm blind.

You mean Hidamari. SZS was ok, though. Madoka is mediocre and became shit when Rebellion came out.

Next season is legit the best we had in years.
>3gatsu (if Shinbo REALLY is directing)
>Hibike2
>Mahoutsukai no Yome
>Brave Witches
>Drifters
>Keijo
>Yuri on Ice
>most amount of mahou shoujos in one season ever

I think anime is great again now.

This year was pretty weak.

3lion and Flips Flappers will redeem the anime year though.

youtube.com/watch?v=YWy5wAwQuT4

Not that we'll get to see them for a while, but also new capital C cinema from Yamada and Katabuchi holy guacamole 2016 is saved.

>Hibike 2
>Yuri on Ice
>Flip Flappers
>3gatsu
>Koe no Katachi
>In This Corner of the World
>Mahoutsukai no Yome
Hype

Effective "shot choice"

Since this isn't a movie that's being filmed it is somewhat different, but the idea is that if you want to portray a scene there are better ways to convey it than others

Oh great, it's THIS thread again.

How many more posts until Hyoukafaggotry?

Endless stairs is the best anime specific visual spielerei.

Shaft is breaking the norm for usage of backgrounds. Instead of CG or photo filters, they uses REAL LIFE backgrounds

Why is he always off model?

>I'm using words I don't understand

Go to bed, Digibro

>Its another Shaft thread
>No one mentions Arawaka
Arawaka was fun damnit.
youtube.com/watch?v=DMjhY98bf-g

>Off-model is a cartoon character drawn out of par with the original source material or model sheets.

Outsourcing.

I won't even bother watching seriously any anime that don't put some effort into this. I put them in a corner of my screen and mostly just listen.

>I put them in a corner of my screen and mostly just listen.
What's the point of that?

>Implying this is a bad thing
You have no idea what you're talking about

Multitasking

I didn't imply anything, I was just answering his question.

Shaft is the Stanley Kubrick of the anime industry.

Is there something better than the one point perspective with symmetrical framing?

Sometimes it is when you have the entire industry meddling with it, since no one is on the same page or even in the same building you tend to get results like these

You're still wrong.

Not the same user, but what's the point in a visual medium putting no effort in its visual style? If an anime (or live action movie or game for that matter) wants me to take interest in it, then its look should have thought put into it.

What results?

>when trolling becomes this low

Off model characters, lack of unity, rushed animation

I meant what's the point of downloading anime and not watching it

Inconsistent art. From what I know KyoAni do most things in-house, which is why their shows look so consistent.

can't be helped

>Being this asshurt

lmaoing at your life

>replying to samefagging nonsense.

Inbetweens won't change the base model.
It look somewhat inconsistent because the main animators are too good to not go ham with the models and just do their work with their own style.

To use an extreme example, check the Ararararagi burning scene from the intro and the same burning scene from Yoshinari later in the movie. It's completely different alright. Is it a bad thing? Not really, unless you want to troll.

>the main animators are too good to not go ham with the models and just do their work with their own style.

10/10

The animations were so good.

Checking out every frame was a glorious experience.

I didn't expect you to be this retarded. Disappointing.

B-but Araragi here looks DIFFERENT here! That's QUALITY! How DARE them!

Just incredible!

>sperging out about something unrelated because someone asked why he's always off-model

I put more value into good subs when

>Unrelated
You have brain damage.

>All these SHAFTshitters on damage control and getting blown out left and right.

No, you do. You're the only one who mentioned QUALITY.

He was obviously implying that as he complained about the characters being off model.

Reading comprehension faggot, there was no "mentioning" here, just laughing at his stupidity.

It's just Shaftanuslickers subconsciously acknowledging that their crap studio is QUALITY ridden

see
Every studio use them once in a while.

>>>/underage/

Being off model doesn't necessarily means QUALITY, I was the one who asked and didn't meant QUALITY

You're the only one who implied anything about quality, no need to sperg out over a harmless question.

I like detailed hands

Fuck you.

It's like you've never seen '70s anime.

Also goes for all the complaints about Trigger.

>nail polish

What a whore.

I don't understand this post.

truSakuga

visual direction is just interesting storyboarding

Include me in the screencap

Reminder that SHAFT is meme visual direction. No substance.

No