Is there any point in Canada having a standing army?

>Be leaf
>Live under the shade of Uncle Sam and big daddy Jack
>Muster 23,000 man army from politically correct, tollerent pacifists
WTF do you think you're going to do with 23,000 Frostbacks? You couldn't even take on most 3rd world countries. Leafs, explain yourselves

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YSp9b_VkFq4
thespec.com/news-story/7411253-hamilton-man-charged-in-shooting-defending-home-son/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R_v_Elliott
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>inb4 elite snipers

You do know USA invaded Canada once upon a time and got their ass kicked right?

Trained on US army bases in Georgia and North Carolina ;)

Over 200 years ago, and that was British North America not Canada brainlet. Actually basically a reaction to crowncucks capturing US sailors and making them serve in the (((Royal Navy)))

canada does not have a standing army.
it is britain's army.

You would figure with numbers that low they would keep it strictly to infantry that could intergrate and fight along side US forces, but they STILL bother having reservists and all kinds of non combat jobs...I mean their navy has like 8 ships total (3 that aren't being repaired) and they don't have a single attack helicopter. I think we could expect more backup from the Jamaican Defense Force

We should be honoring our NATO obligations.

They have the best snipers that's all they can really offer as far as I know.

Wars are not faught by snipers or elite units. They got BTFO in Kandahar, that's all I know.

I wasn't saying they win wars that's what I know Canada for.

I know Canadian soldiers for being incredibly in denial try hards who are all un ironically the "if you kill your enemies, they win" type. I mean jesus, they were high fiving eachother on the tarmac of KAF as they were leaving, and the 101st was just like "....UM, guys? There are IED's everywhere and you don't have any ground outside of your large bases secured, what in the actual FUCK have you been doing for the past half decade and why are you leaving with the enemy still actively on the field?"
-Fun fact: first NATO country in history to leave with combatants actively on the field. Even US got NVA to temporarily cease fire when they lost, and at least they admit that loss

NATO is totally obsolete now that the cold war is over and its bipolar world order is ended. Trump was right to say so during the campaign, and then he won and decided NATO is great after all. Yeah it's great for the military industrial complex shareholders, not great for America at all.

Even the British military is going to complete shit after the wars, the US military is really the only one that "locates, closes with, and destroys" the enemy in the traditional sense anymore

>What was Upper and Lower Canada
Surely you're not this retarded.

OP I wanted to go into the military since I started high school. Shortly after graduating I realized that our military is so underfunded that it would be a joke to.
I can not stand the idiots that think that we don't need to have a decent military citing that the USA is at our border. It's like saying you don't need to protect yourself because your next door neighbor that you wave to once in a while will help you if someone invades your home.

Met some Leaf Marines on a partner nations training mission. They were fat undisciplined trash.

Same.

I like Canadians.
Leafs, are Canadians as left wing as they seem or is it just their media that's giving them a bad rep?

Guess it gets cold sitting in the snow preying for the possibility you might be one of the 45 picked to rotate to some mudman country and go insane on malaria meds while trying to look competent standing post in a faggy blue helmet...you know your military is despised when the international community comes to a consensus that French soldiers are more desirable than Canadian soldiers for peace keeping...

Can your population be summed up by just looking at London?

>USA invaded Canada
What? How can a country invade itself? You mean like a civil war?

They are so left wing their right wing would align more along the stated goals of most leftist US polititians. Most leafs need to fear their women as well, as men basically have the rights of 1930's niggers and you aren't even legally allowed to call them sluts

Definitely not. The average Brit is anti-immigration and "xenophobic".. I'm assuming it's the same in Canada, then.

>No airforce or Navy before WWI
>4th and 3rd largest after war ends

>shitty army before WWII starts
>liberates holland, helps with italy, takes one of the beaches at normandy, and penetrates farther than any other country on the day of the invasion

Canada can buckle up when wars come. We keep a low standing military but people would sign up, and we also have the economy to quickly build up our military as we did in both wars, given we have a GDP equivalent to Russia's. Our special forces are also famed for being very quick and efficient, but yeah it's true we have a small military.

exactly friendo. Most canadians are tolerable to some liberal ideas like gay marriage, but are still a simple white hardworking people. Not everyone is from Toronto.

I know Canada betrayed the U.S.
September/11/1812. Shortly after they declared their "independence" and their loyalty to the Crown.

yeah sucks when your gov only lets 2800 soldiers deploy in one of the most sprawling and arguably the most important region in afghanistan. We could've done better but fuckn canadian politics.

Nothing wrong with loyalty to the monarch.

Difference is most of Canada's population is in or around Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal so yes, they are quite cucked
Leave it to leafs to always refer to WWII when the topic is their current military. You know, that war that ended 72 years ago where you were basically used as auxillary cannon fodder for the Brtish, who lost every major battle in that war. Also your SF aren't that good mate. JTF-2 has less than 100 actual operators (ex's dad used to work for CSIS) and CSOR is barely on par with US army Rangers, who are the bottom of the totem pole for SOCOM, usually glorified QRF for Green Berrets...I don't know who the fuck you think would sign up for the Canadian military/ even could. I'm a leaf burger and literally none of my Canadian friends signed up, not even non combat non deployable jobs. 2006 the wait for infantry was like 2 years, I heard later in the war it was more like 4. Canadian military as a whole is a disorganized mess not fit for African peace keeping, much less kenetic combat operations

Canada wasn't independent until 1867 lol, nice try, it was a defensive war on our part

I'd say everyone in Ontario save for some sparsley populated towns are total cucks, Quebec shit eating BDSM cucks, and British Columbia Chinese shit eating cucks...basically 9/10 leafs suck, and there aren't that many of you to start with

Sorry to burst your bubble but it is worse then you think.

Every major city is gone now, zombie outbreak in progress.

>pic of a bunch of potato-faced subhuman knackers burning my fleg
Not a care in the world, and not a legitimate response. Monarchy is the best system.

Well I'm not a military expert but the experts regard the JTF-2 as being excellent and specifically the best snipers. I know that's not everything but...
Also, the wait times aren't true at all. I have multiple friends who joined up in a few months...a quick google search can show this but have fun with you anecdotes about your 3 friends who didn't join up?

Why are you so buthurt about Canada lmao, we invented peacekeeping

You had no business going there even if you had an entire division at your disposal, Canada hadn't had an extended combat deployment of size since the Korean war. The Canadian military was also deliberately deceitful to both their public at home and allies. The goal of Kandahar was perception, they wanted to appear to be a modern competent military depite the fact that earlier casualties came from utter stupidity like driving around one of the most heavily land mined countries in the world with roofless soft skinned jeeps

Know from first hand experience the wait times were 2 years for infantry, this was 2006. And I have every right to be pissed off at your shitty military because I have friends that died in the 101st because of your incompitance in Kandahar, and my unit ended up going to Helmand because despite being so "desperate for US forces" you straight up told 2nd MEB not to go into Kandahar because you didn't want to appear to be withdrawing

you are really angry. Let me guess you were raised by a single american mother and fathered by a canadian lol. You have not met any fucking canadian bud, you have seen memes on the internet and CBC article titles. I have been all over this country of 35 mil and I have met many of the normal canadians who live in the east and west, none were like how you described, but even I can't say I know how canadians are...because I have only truly come to know the ones in my home province. 9/10 leafs are cucks apparently, despite you not knowning anything about 9999/10000 leafs.

>coming from the guy whose armed forces is notorious for killing friendlies

I'm a dual citizen, lived in the GTA till 10 and went back to college for 3 years. Can confirm: grass is much greener on the US side of the fence

ITT americans angry at the world take it out on canadians for being cucked

Yeah well when they are using WWII era coms and are too stupid to load crypto/ use their IR designators...

We did the ass kicking newfriend.

Leaves need to die

Yanks on Sup Forums seem to be buttblasted against Canucks.
youtube.com/watch?v=YSp9b_VkFq4

>lived in toronto for a few years
>uses this to claim he knows Canadians

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
wow I thought this was a joke when I first read it ahaha, go kick rocks dude

Wow I lived in san francisco and detroit for a few months and man all americans are so liberal and black wtf, totally not #based

Witnessed.

>This one never fails to stop leafposters
Tell me your take on free speech as it relates to your federally regulated language laws. Do you think you "have guns" when you can be arrested for defending your own house?

>thespec.com/news-story/7411253-hamilton-man-charged-in-shooting-defending-home-son/
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R_v_Elliott

Day of the rake when?

The difference is people actually live in the US. When 90% of your population of 34 million lives within 100 miles of the US boarder, your 3 largest cities and their surrounding areas are a pretty good measure of what your people are like. You utter moron

Every Canadian I have ever known is a total lib pussy. No joke. But That's like 6 people.

Fuck I hate leafs almost as much as their own government hates them

WOW I FORGOT EVERY SINGLE CITIZEN OF EVERY COUNTRY TOTALLY SUPPORTS EVERY LAW 100% BECAUSE WE ALL HANDWROTE THEM TOGETHER :-) those laws are new and will be gone as soon as the conservative party wins in 2019, they actually campaign on it

These shills are really out in force today, must suck having 60% white population ;\

Because they BTFO you in 1812?
Why hate leafs so much?

if you take the greater areas of the top 3 cities in canada's population, it doesn't even hit 10 mil, most canadians don't live in liberal cities, where as most americans do. This same argument works on you but somehow you feel a great superiority for no reason lol

>mfw finland has a reserve of +- one million men

we can take a 3rd world country man fuck off

>Conscripts = standing army.
Full retard.

Winter War in Canada, when?

>Why are leafs so autistic
You do realize that 60% of 340 million is still a shit load more white people than in your 34 million pajeet/ nigger/ chink infested country, right?

we are finland, the US Russia

>that flower on his cap
fucking leafs

Did i say they were a same thing? Shut up or our spurdoarmy invades your caliphate muhammad.

As long as they support the early warning stations they can fuck off with smurf army all they want...

>generic greentext statement
Heres some basic math burger, if we have a higher percentage of white people compared to browns, we are more white than you! There's a greater number of white people living in detroit than a small midwest 99% white town, but detroit is still not white.
We aren't pajeet chink infested at all, but I guess you're the torontonian expert on Canada!

>big daddy Jack

AHAHAHA we'll call you when we need the acid shields, Vaginald Shitworth-Cucksbury

Funny, because most people in Kingston complain about Americans because our nigger soldiers with the 10th Mountain come over from Ft Drum on weekends and fuck their women
>Upper class leaf women confirmed coal burners
That's what you get for treating racists like pedofiles you "one race the human race" faggots

This just in: America is now whiter than denmark and poland combined due to its high population! So is India! what a time to be alive!

40% of that 80% are Suburbs. 85% of Suburban Residents are Non Jewish Non Hispanic White. Median Age 39. 92% of Rural Residents are White. Median age is 44. 41% of Heavily Urbanized Residents are White. 75% of White Americans under 18 live in a Suburban or Rural environment.

>implying OP isn't a salty burger
>implying your armed forces isn't controlled by Her Maj

should of taken a leaf out of Australia's book and started recapitalising their equipment like 10 years ago

In another 5-10 years we will have one of the most advanced forces in the world. Small, but the range of capabilities will only be second only to far larger economies. Certainly number 1 in our region ahead of anyone in FPDA or ASEAN.

Canada has like another 50% population bonus over us as well as being much closer to the US making sustaining US bought equipment much easier.

Shame what the cuckservatives and liberals have done there.

>Detroit.
Man, why you gotta bring that up Canada? You know we Michiganfags pretty much consider you guys closer family than half the country right?

Wew lad, either you're a projecting faggot, or mad that a canuck fucked your lass.

I'm tired of Americans being uppity. Don't make us destroy you again

Christ I thought 23,000 was a typo but it's actually only 21,500 in the Canadian Army and a total of 68,000 in all of the Canadian military. pathetic.

Not fucking really, I live in the US south which is as different from the rest of the US as Quebec is from Canada, but literally the opposite side of the political spectrum...BTW I'm calling bullshit on your numbers because the GTA has 6.8 million people and Toronto has 2.5...that's nearly 10 million out of 13 for the province total

that's like asking why the Vatican has an army, or even why the japs have one; because sovereign nations do, that's all

You're fuckin high if you think any NCMs are "politically correct". I've served with Americans and they we're too scared to say anything even remotely offensive. Pretty funny.

>heard some rumors about this one black guy he knows having sex with a woman who happened to be canadian

WOW COALBURNERS CONFIRMED GUYS
more americans are mixed, and more are married to non whites than canadians per capita. try again.

Leafs are still less cucked than Bongs, despite the memes. Between Facebook post arrests, roving rape gangs, acid attacks, and butterknife confiscations, current year is the lowest point in the history of the British Isles since Roman occupation.

18 billion annual budget, KEK

>most americans live in liberal cities
is this a joke

germany has 30 million more people than Canada

>The butt devastation to rearrange history in order to make burger soldier's look better

The absolute state of you brainwashed peons

>Canada army of 45,000
>Denmark army of 75,500
Fear the Danes you leaf fucks.

GTA includes Torontos population lmao...so 6.8mil out of 13 for the province total, where as most other provinces have less than half of their citizens in cities

Oh just wait, it's coming to Canada just wait until the re-elect Weedman in 2018 so that their police can start actually enforcing weed laws and their world class growers can all get arrested. Yes Canada!

Some people think that 150 million right wingers live in the boonies.

>THAT WAS THE BRITISH

that rhetoric is so stupid every time I ear it. By that logic none of your victories before the independence was signed is yours, you were all British too, sucker

It's like in your mind you imagine canada back then was full of red coat while it wasnt, we were colonist just like you, many loyalist but still not straight outta london

fucking burger man i swear to me god

Why would we mobilize an army if there are no current threats? That's what we have you fat fucks for. Come knocking on our door when there's a war or something

Dude the only women who fuck niggers in the US are poor or fat, I LIVED in Kingston and I saw pretty rich girls fucking niggers and chinks at every gathering I went to...that's the point

The first fucking sentence says Australia meaning he's an Australian in Germany you fucking trog

Blackd.com is loved by Americans

On a side note, I'd say 98% of US citizens rarely think about Canada at all. I honestly only read about or think about Canada on Sup Forums. In my day to day life Canada never comes up. We literally don't care about it. It's just there, like any other state, territory, or vassal.

not to mention the 30k reserves though. Canada's military is small because we have no threats of invasion and no plans of invading others, if the time came, the military would grow larger just as it has in every other great war.

>implying weedman will win

you aren't canadian, stop acting like you know our politics, he is becoming increasingly unpopular.