Daily Japanese Thread DJT #1631

Cornucopia of Resources / Guide
Read the guide before asking questions.
dekinai.neocities.org/

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/txgio/orikaisama/releases
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reposting here since there wasn't time to get an answer since last thread died pretty quickly after it.

So, basically just straight up [adjective]にする?

>dojg.
You mean the deck on Memrise, right?

If it's not too much trouble, can someone explain to me why certain combinations of kanji represent words that don't use the readings that you might find in a dictionary?

For example, 今日 is read as 'Kyo U' in my shitty romaji. But if you were to look in a dictionary, you might expect this to be read as something like 'Ko Ka' or something similar.

My guess would be that these are mostly just common combinations that everyone understands are unique? But is there any way of recognizing how to read them apart from running into them and looking them up?

I know I can understand the meaning, by just understanding what each of the kanji mean by themselves. But, when it comes to reading, sometimes I don't understand how these seemingly not in the dictionary readings happen.

Or am I completely mistaken in how I'm looking at this?

アノンくん、今日は何が朝ご飯を食べましたか?

牛乳が切らされるから、朝ご飯を食べなかった。

Anyone got anki decks for manga or anime?

Because Kanji was adapted from Chinese and made to fit Japanese words. Japan likely already had an existing word for today (きょう) and then mapped that pronunciation onto the Chinese written word for today (今日).

This is also why Kanji have two sets of meanings, the original Japanese (kun yomi) and the borrowed Chinese (on yomi).

黒パンにチーズとサラミを乗って食べた。
すんごく美味しかったのね、お姉ちゃん!

>This is also why Kanji have two sets of meanings
Readings, I meant to say, obviously.

Oh, that makes sense.
Thank you for the explanation.

In that case, if I'm understanding correctly, most of the time understanding both the kun yomi and on yomi readings of each kanji you encounter is enough. However there are some unique cases, and those are just things you have to learn as you find them?

Learn words, not kanji readings.

>two sets of meanings,
You meant two sets of spelling right?

Memorizing the readings is impractical because some kanji can have as many as a dozen completely different onyomi and kunyomi readings. You are better off just memorizing words because of all the exceptions and unusual readings that exist even in common vocabulary. That's not to say remembering kanji readings is useless, but it's supplemental to learning vocab at best.

I'm gonna do 200 additional reviews later today.
Nothing can stop me from getting back in the game.

>mfw still have 2202 reviews due

see

Oh, and I should mention it's basically backward, rather than learning readings to help with vocab, learning more vocab will actually help you remember kanji and their readings. At least that was my experience.

Oh. Alright then.
I've just been studying Core 2k and have kind of thought of learning new vocab and the kanji themselves as the same task.
But I guess that makes sense.

I guess I've been focusing on things from the wrong angle. I mean, I'm sure I'll be studying the same material either way. But I'll definitely put more emphasis on vocab than I have been, knowing that.

Thanks a lot to everyone!

>520 cards in 76 minutes
Stop tabbing out man.

I'm not, I just wait for the sentence audio to finish and repeat it out loud.

Once you have most basic grammar nailed down it's about drilling vocab and working in as much reading practice as you can every day. Once you move on from easy reading level stuff to adult material you'll have to bone up on more advanced grammar, but that's a bridge you'll cross when you get to it.

How come there are still no scans of KLC?

It's only like $20, just go buy it. It's what I'm using right now and it's okay. Better than the other kanji studying methods I've tried.

>can do anki around 30 minutes
>drag it out to a couple hours because I keep tabbing out

>You mean the deck on Memrise, right?
More than likely the Anki deck we have.

>漢字を理解
する?しない?

>Memorizing the readings is impractical because some kanji can have as many as a dozen completely different onyomi and kunyomi readings.
Very, very few kanji have so many readings.
>You are better off just memorizing words
Or doing both.

できない○

How is it any different from something like RTK?

僕はワイトピッグが嫌いで保守的で巫女ガールフレンドが欲しいです。方法は私に教えてください。

>Or doing both.
What's the fucking point? Really. Memorizing how to read 生地 is way easier than memorizing that 生 can also be read as き for no real reason.

>teaches you actual meaning of the kanji, not just a single keyword
>teaches you vocab along with kanji

前になんかできったから彼女の手うがには繋いでくれてよね

So it's like wanikani then?

>ホワイト
fixed

I don't think I see anything here that I haven't seen in Tae Kim before and I still have no idea what it means.
Feels bad.

his manservant hates whites so he wants him to get a conservative member of a hereditary caste of female mediums in okinawa girlfriend. please teach him how to go about it.

京子に手うがの代わりに手コキにしてもらいたい

手うがをする人は、手うがをしない人に比べて恋人がいる割合が14%高くなっていることが、東京犬学元教授・森ロ氏の調査で明らかになりました。[Kyoko Shimbun News(京子新聞社)]

Seriously though is this part
>ワイトピッグが嫌いで保守的で巫女ガールフレンド
all talking about the girlfriend? As in, a conservative shrine maiden gf that hates whitu piggu?

No, the first で here works like "which is why". "as such", "and so"
The latter で is a mistake and should be a な

No, he hates white pigs and is conservative and therefore wants a miko gf

>What's the fucking point?
It's immensely helpful.

おはー

今日もみんなと一緒に遊びたいから遊ぼうぜ

youtu.be/p-7GowOCW3A#t=2m59s

That makes more sense. Thanks.

今日は他のスレと違って英語の特訓をしましょう!

リピートアフターミー!

アッポゥ

アッ・・ホゥ

Ah, sorry. is right. Wanting a conservative girlfriend made more sense in my head so I just assumed he meant な, but で isn't wrong there. It just means both adjectives mean him.

If there actually was a な then it could mean both that he hates whites and wants a conservative girlfriend or that he wants a girlfriend that hates whites and is conservative.

アプル

エップル

ちょっとだけ

Yes, that's it.
>You mean the deck on Memrise, right?
No, no. I meant the actual dictionary of japanese grammar book.

i think he just want a bitch that suck and fuck and dont ask questions

エボラ

あーりんごじゃねえの? 

それ国語でしょう、ちゃんと集中して!んもぉ!

what is he saying in the chorus

How do I import something that isn't at the top of rikai? I want to import the lower listings for some words.

Hover over it, press U, hover over the word's kana and press R for the kanji import and T for the kana only import. Press U again to end sticky mode. Don't go off the window while sticky mode is on or your Rikai's gonna get fucked.

get money

>hover over the word's kana and press R for the kanji
Shouldn't you hover over the kanji? Also, does this import the word like usual with its 送り仮名 or is it only the kanji?

バラの花輪だ 手をつなごうよ,
ポケットに 花束さして,
ハックション! ハックション!
みいんな ころぼ。

りんがだろうね

The full word with the 送り仮名. You can do the same by hovering over the kanji in most cases but IIRC there are some exceptions where it fucks up which are restricted to importing by hovering over the kanji.

I hope this is over soon.

It does the exact same thing as if you hovered over the word in kana outside sticky mode (which means it doesn't always pick the right entry, just the top one for that kana). Hovering over the kanji will just import the top entry anyway.

This fork allows you to pick
github.com/txgio/orikaisama/releases

Gotcha, thanks.

おまえも稼ぎに行け

Well shit I remembered it backwards. Yeah you're supposed to hover over the kanji and press R.

Nah, hover over する and you can import 摺る by hovering over it and pressing R.

これを聴いたら日本語を分かるのをきっとできるよ 

>Nah, hover over する and you can import 摺る by hovering over it and pressing R.

Yeah, that will work. I meant in the opposite situation: if you hover 日 and want to mine the か reading, it's impossible, because choosing the kanji will just mine ひ and choosing the か will mine something like 佳 (the top entry for か).

>五月蠅い

really

ironic

カッコイじゃん

When the author is chuuni enough to not use 煩い it's time to quit your game.

hey so im paying the japanese version of acnl (a game i know by heart at this point)
still not great at japanese so i was hoping you guys could potentially translate some of these/ explain them? that would help me out alot.

Can anyone help me understand this tidbit from Schwarzesmarken?

【カティア】「私は西、エーベルバッハさんは東の衛士ですが、お互いをよく知れば、きっと仲良くなれます!」

【テオドール】「…………」

【カティア】「BETAという敵に西も東もありません!」

【カティア】「……?」

この馬鹿、ここがどこだかわかっていない……!

What is Katia saying about the Beta the East and the West?

「BETAという敵に西も東もありません!」 = The enemy known as Beta doesn't have an East and West? The East and West don't have an enemy known as beta?

よ〜こそ〜〜! means welcome.
Glad to be of service user.

... there is no beta located in the east or west of them?

katia chan is saying youre a beta bitch with no balls on either side of your dick

I'm not sure, it cause quite a stir when she said and Theodore had to bail her out. I think she was saying something heretical to the East.

i mean we cant really trust your interpretation of anything given the circumstances right

because the beta are located ahead / behind them and he didn't know
>この馬鹿、ここがどこだかわかっていない
he got attacked because he covered the wrong spot, or so I'm guessing

To the Beta's there's no east or west.
I.E. they will come from wherever they can.

That's the way I understand this.

> The enemy known as Beta doesn't have an East and West?
Yeah they don't give a fuck if they are in the easy or the west they just fuck shit up

I think that's the most likely interpretation. Thanks.

Shits happening at the base during calm time.

As a German I can't help but cringe everytime I hear バッハ. It's just so wrong.
Wonder why they didn't add an 'A' sound to the end of Theodor or other arbitrary names.

>translating to english
It's actually a pain in the ass
1. Everyone's cool so they will all help you out
2. You made a village, nice
3. You caught a cicada, it's healthy, good shit
4. Welcome
5. Made another village
6. I'm stressed (can't translate this well)
7. But for this bean jam I thought brown sugar syrup would be good..
If anything is off someone will correct me

>元気
>カ
>村長誕生

maybe image will help you for 6

I'm having trouble parsing this sentence from a doujin.

鞭打ちで性的興奮を得させる為には打つ側にも高度なテクが要求されます。

(つまりレ級タンは受け側を配慮してくれる超M想いなS女ということに)

Specifically, that second sentence.

"In other words, Ru-Class-tan shows the recipient [or victim] the consideration a sadist has for an ultra-masochist"?

And the first sentence is saying that in order to get aroused from a whipping, the victim needs to be pretty "high-level", right?

>[Zika Virus Intensifies]
move to a better country, dude

How does on correctly pronounce Eberbach?

Gross but thanks. So its 蚊. What the fuck is 力 doing there then

>元気
>村長誕生
what about it

Today I did Anki for 29 minutes and then I read a visual novel for 2 hours and 13 minutes.

>What the fuck is 力 doing there then
>what is カ

Should've done Anki for 21 hours and 47 minutes