I genuinely love one piece, I'm currently at the end of Thriller Bark. But something bothers me Sup Forums

I genuinely love one piece, I'm currently at the end of Thriller Bark. But something bothers me Sup Forums,
I constantly hear that one piece is Shit at the moment. I could see why when I look at the new Franky with those huge shoulders. But is this true?
Is one piece bad? Should I stop watching it?

Other urls found in this thread:

onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Ancient_Weapons
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I took you seriously until you said you were watching it.

The quality post-Enies Lobby is bad, so don't bother with the anime.

But I really enjoy watching Thriller Bark, that's Enies Lobby too

Just read it fag

Is it the same story? Or is it better?

one piece is still the same as it always was (the manga at least, I stopped watching the anime after water 7)
Lately it's taking it a little too far with the convenient coincidences.
I don't want to spoiler anything to you, but I'm talking about stuff like getting on an island with 1000s of people on it and the very first person they meet is THE ONE they need to win the battle. every. time.

>Is it the same story?
Nigga is you serious?

It was THE shit before time skip

It became SHIT during mermaid island but has been recovering since.

This arc looks very good but

>Oda keeps using the "big torso-no legs" body type from mermaid island
>characters feel less flexible than at the beginning of the series
>humor is ass

Can Oda still make One Piece great again? Or is it just Shit for the rest of One piece's existence?

You are safe to watch until timeskip. Then anime starts to be very very bad and you should switch into manga.

Which chapter should I start? Or should I read it all from the beginning?

Start from the beginning and skip mermaid island

Ace and whitebeard dues
Blackbeard steals whiteboards fruit
Sanji is actually a prince.
Luffy has a second brother name Sabo and he is alive.
The minks are protecting the ninja
Big mom is a tumblr landwhale
Hancock becomes Luffy's chichi
Anymore questions?

Die*

Of course you can start from the beginning if you like, but you are not missing anything if you dont.

Timeskip happens at chapter 598, corresponding episode would be 517.

But if you prefer watching anime over reading manga in general just continue as long as you want.

I hope you get cancer you fucking worthless ass fagot. I hope you get penetrated by niggers all around

Welcome to Sup Forums newfag

And dont listen to Fishman island has some important world building and showcases new stuff gained from timeskip. You should never skip a arc if you are first timer.

Honestly the amount of characters and the whole adventure things attracts me to One Piece, I've only just finished the Kuro arc, (I watch it on and off.) but I can see myself getting really into it even if it ends up being silly or full of filler shit.

>Hancock becomes Luffy's chichi
You mean Hinata. They will get married in the epi

I dun goof'd up

meant dont listen to

Thriller Bark was the last arc with a decent quality

Originally from b, been there for 3 years now. First and last time here tho

Yes,

LUFFY GETS MARRIED??? WHAT

No, can you not read? He said they will get married at the end.
Hancock falls in love with Luffy.

ur cute

How do you know they will get married at the end? What is the end? WHY DID YOU ALL RUIN THIS FOR ME?

as i said cute.

End is nowhere in sight Luffy will most likely not get married at the end. Now just go away from Sup Forums and enjoy the ride.

Cuteness is a physical trait, there's no absolute way of you telling me that I'm cute because there's no physical resemblance anywhere

Akainu the guy who punches a while through ace becomes fleet Admiral
Shanks stops the war
Blackbeard gets strong crewmates from impel down
Rayleigh(vice captain of the Roger pirates)trains Luffy
Sabo is second in command on the revolutionary army.
Law saves Luffy and after the time skip create an alliance to take down one of the emperors
Sanji's dad doesn't like him, his brothers used to bully him when he was little. His sister just laughs.

If he ever gets in a romantic relationship it will be with hancock. That's what we are saying faggot

This is the only important thing they mention
onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Ancient_Weapons
But the amount of shit you have to go through does not justify it.
There's also the parallel between mermen and afros rights but that's just (boring) filler.

This arc should be read through the wiki, not the manga.

Fuck off and kill yourself, newfag.

An hero, newfag

Tell me how you become superior to me by being on an Internet board longer than me? If anything it is you who should kill themselves fucking weeaboo ass board. Come over to my fucking domain and I'll fuck you up

Nani the fuck did you just fucking iimasu about watashi, you chiisai bitch desuka? Watashi’ll have anata know that watashi graduated top of my class in Nihongo 3, and watashi’ve been involved in iroirona Nihongo tutoring sessions, and watashi have over sanbyaku perfect test scores. Watashi am trained in kanji, and watashi is the top letter writer in all of southern California. Anata are nothing to watashi but just another weaboo. Watashi will korosu anata the fuck out with vocabulary the likes of which has never been mimasu’d before on this continent, mark watashino fucking words. Anata thinks anata can get away with hanashimasing that kuso to watashi over the intaaneto? Omou again, fucker. As we hanashimasu, watashi am contacting watashino secret netto of otakus across the USA, and anatano IP is being traced right now so you better junbishimasu for the ame, ujimushi. The ame that korosu’s the pathetic chiisai thing anata calls anatano life. You’re fucking shinimashita’d, akachan.

Kill yourself and don't come back.

It isn't even all in

>romaji

Go end yourself, poser.

at some point they turn single chapters into entire episodes
i think as far as Water Seven they do this, but its very noticeable in Thriller Bark
Impel Down and the War are still hype as fuck even in the anime though
but during Fishmen Island its painful to watch how slow it is, i honestly just switched to the manga in the middle of Punk Hazard because it was just way to slow and haven't looked back sense

i hear the One Pace Project really fixes these problems but i haven't watched

>not recognizing the pasta
>not realizing that incredibly weeaboo pasta was used specifically because the guy talked about weeaboos

they honestly should have just made the mini arcs into episodes, instead of stretching out chapters
it'd be filler but actually canon

the anime is still enjoyable for the next 2 or so arcs before the time-skip

also the time-skip its not exactly bad, its more like its not as good as one piece used to be before.

the main reason is that the plot shifts too much on side characters (it fucking introduces a new character every 1 or 2 chapters on average) and the crew barely gets much screentime, forcing things to get stretched out way too much, the current arc has potential to be very interesting but no one knows yet.

i think Oda just forgot how to write the crew
he was away from them from like 2 years in real life so it makes some sense but still sucks

>take the crew apart
>holy fuck writing luffy having adventures with random people is fucking fun
>desperately tries to replicate that after time-skip

I think its sorta like that.

people are going to hate the fuck out of me but I think OP would be much more interesting if the crew had lost like half or its entire crew during time-skip, that way we would have much more interesting stories and not having the "brook, chopper, franky, etc have to do something every so panels" quota we have been following.

a good example is hunter x hunter, where Killua and Gon follow their own journey to fully showcase greed island and ant warfare in much better fashion.

I wouldn't mind a 10-15minute One Piece anime because at this point, it's just a waste of time and effort for both fans and the animation team. Quality would probably become a whole lot better from this too. They could probably still do filler episodes to keep from catching up to the manga or better yet actually animate the cover chapter stories.

Heard that the new eps are about that long anyway given how long the recaps/previews are, plus dumb filler to stretch out the pacing.

>better yet actually animate the cover chapter stories.
I wish. Problem was they did it twice during the East Blue Saga and they weren't well recieved, so they quit.

Even bad filler would be preferable to the shit pacing they've had since Marineford, though.