Why don't more series attempt deconstruction as skillfully as Re:Zero?

Why don't more series attempt deconstruction as skillfully as Re:Zero?

It's too hard

It takes time. You have to order in your head the flaws that you see in the genre, and play them either realistically or going wrong. This process is very complicated because anyone can hate a group of works and say that it's bad, but you really have to put in the hours scratching your head. You also have to make everything as it normally should BEFORE starting the deconstruction, so you have to build the characters, the "filler" or the interactions that let you see through their personality and prepare the viewer to see how they are flawed before things start to go wrong. And then you have to properly advance from there, and in the case that you are making a reconstruction as in Re: Zero, find a way for not making the whole world that is contained in your work to fall into despair as you also communicate your message through it.

Long story short, all of this is a complicated process that, while anyone can do, it takes effort and dedication while it is easier to shit cliches until one sticks and sells

>deconstruction
>Re:Zero
Exactly what is it deconstructing?
Isekai? No.
Time loop stories? Definitely not.
Fap-bait waifus? Hell no.

inb4 more shitposting

Its edgy gore le suffering. With waifu bait.

>Why don't more series attempt deconstruction as skillfully as Re:Zero?
Because deconstructiong a single trope does not make it instant NGE/Madoka tier classic, only provokes idiots to abuse the word and shitpost.

>Exactly what is it deconstructing?
It's in the title.
>Re:Starting Life In Another World From Zero
It's literally a response to the isekai "genre". More precisely, it questions the idea of NEET/otaku protagonist becoming a hero in a new environment.

Re:Zero doesn't deconstruct the isekai genre because it's hardly a genre like Super Robot or Magical Girl are. But it deconstructs the isekai protagonist, refusing to ignore the fact that he eneded up as a hikikomori and therefore should not be able to interact with people like a social person. It's pretty simple. Then again, NGE's main theme, which boils down to hedgehog's dilemma, was simple as well.

>deconstructiong a single trope

Fuck off back to where you belong because the TV Tropes definition has almost no relationship with its actual literary definition and usage

>waifu bait garbage like Re:Zero
>deconstruction of anything

Cancer.

>the TV Tropes definition has almost no relationship with its actual literary definition and usage
Well then, what IS the "actual literary definition and usage"?

Because the guy who coined the term in the '60s meant something way different than what we're talking about here.

deconstruction, eh?

I dont know nothing about the anime

Can you tell me what its about in ten words or less please

Rem
is
best
girl.

somebody should make a deconstruction of the deconstruction sub genre itself.

Otaku goes on fantasy adventure, his expectations turn against him.

Please stop this bait. Re:Zero is indeed great but it by no means is a deconstruction.

hero + waifus + fantasy = cliche shit ew
hero + waifus + fantasy + GORE = wow, deconstruction, the new citizen kane, very realistic

>it's another "MY definition of deconstruction (which I won't even explain, but it's different from yours) is the only right one" episode

The idea of Re:Zero is that even if you throw someone into a new world that doesn't necessarily change who they are at heart, while also seeing how a social recluse would actually act in such a situation.

There's no 'deconstruction' because the Isekai elements itself is actually played straight; the work doesn't address the absurdity, the inherent contradictions, and implications of isekai and the existence of a fantasy world. Hell, GATE and Outbreak Company is more a deconstruction of Isekai than Re:Zero.

It's actually hard to pin-down because literaturelol. Anything coined by Derrida which plays around with the concept of semantics is hard to do so (in part because, as some would argue, postmodernism is generally fallacious).

What it isn't, however, is a genre. And it certainly isn't (X but dark and edgy).

It kind of is. Wouldn't you want to reincarnate; start your life over in a medieval world and with the previous worlds knowledge live a lavish life, also with OP abilities and a harem?
Re: Zero shows the reality of the situation. You can't expect something ideal from a medieval setting, those were harsh times were people suffered, struggled, when moral and even some aspects of common sense was lacking. It shows that you would never be free if you isekai'd, ever.

>It's actually hard to pin-down because literaturelol.
How about we ignore the interpretation of the term that doesn't even have any practical, applicable definition?

I think we could come to an agreement by changing the phrasing:

- never say 'X is a deconstruction of Y"
- instead say "X deconstructs Y"

Deconstruction isn't a genre. Even TVTropes wouldn't say that.

>And it certainly isn't (X but dark and edgy).
The Cabin in the Woods deconstructs horror movies, and Hot Fuzz deconstructs buddy cop action movies. They're both anything but "dark and edgy".

Bullshit, Rem:Zero never addresses the inner workings of medieval society, let alone its hardships. Look up The Witcher or even fucking Game of Thrones for that.

Reddit:Zero occurs in a formulaic fantasy world. The only novel thing about it is having the protagonist carry over his autism from our world. That, and the girls rejecting him for whiteknighting and sperging out/trying to escape with the waifubait, is what makes the show stand out.

>It shows that you would never be free if you isekai'd, ever.
This would make sense if the source of his troubles was the fact that he's running away from his problems, not that a wizard did it.

Oh but he is. Notice how he never even questions how he got there and doesn't seem interested in getting back. That's something that's usualyl glossed over in isekai, but I'd expect this show to revisit that problem in the future.

I also forgot to mention the fantasy aspects that have been brutalized beyond measure. Betelguese is a tame archbishop believe it or not One of them managed to destroy a country. It also goes to show that (like in this world) you need to work hard in order to become someone of status, and the medieval setting just makes that harder to do as law is a little loose and tight here and there; that and theres magic that can easily fucking kill you.

What do you exactly mean with deconstruction like re:zero? I don't get what it means

>It's another "praising Re:Zero as if it was the best thing to happen to modern anime" episode

I really hope we got a second season because that's where the focus shifts from characters to the setting.

I'd argue the other novel thing we got is that Subaru doesn't get any powers at all save for his return by death. This does change later on but he's still weaker than Julius even in the latest WN chapter.

>The only novel thing about it is having the protagonist carry over his autism from our world.
Not even the problem, as protagonists don't normally magically change personality-wise with a new setting. His novelty is being a lv.1 faggot who respawns when he dies. And he acts out like a retard, making things worse.

Everything else is uninspired.

>how a social recluse would actually act in such a situation.
A social recluse would run away or give up, instead of going over and over after traumatic situations. A social recluse would not make friends or trust anyone so easily.