I've come to rescue, user!

I've come to rescue, user!

Maybe I would improve myself if I had someone to hold me accountable for the tailspin I've sent my life in.

Or maybe I'd at least have someone to go out with me if we decided to end all the suffering one day.

But I need to know why you want to help me. Nobody does something for free. What are you looking to get out of helping me? What is your grand plan? You can't just be helping me for no reason, that's not how life works.

>Misaki will never save you
feels very very bad

she's shit

I feel the same way. Waiting for an angel to appear at my doorstep probably won't solve my problems though lol

Misaki was far from an angel. She actually looked down on Satou for a long time while trying to help him. Regardless of whether you believe the help was sincere and actually useful towards Satou is irrelevant, because deep down she was simply interacting with him to feel better about herself. The help ended up being beneficial, and I do think that she sincerely wanted to "fix" Satou, but her intentions for initiating the contract are still wrong. I guess it's a difficult question in the end. If she hadn't come along Satou would've never changed, but her interacting with Satou wasn't guaranteed to fix him. I think she did the right thing in the end, but she's not a perfect angel from heaven.

>all these anime only babies who don't know how Misaki is actually a crazy manipulative bitch and Yamazaki is actually a piece of shit too.
I want to go back to before I read the manga

is the mango worth it, or am I better off having only watched it?

It's better than the anime to be honest, but it'll ruin a lot of the characters for you. Satou is better in the manga though, maybe only because the manga goes farther. You also see Misaki's intention a WHOLE lot clearer in the manga, the mangaka must have really hated how everyone wanted to make her a waifu after the anime. It's up to you honestly.

Also almost everything is kind of different than in the anime, the pace is way faster and the art is much better than in the anime imo.

anime wise Misaki wasn't the one who "Saved" Satou...

Near death through starvation was...

Misaki is my number 1 waifu, but I might have to give it a shot. thanks user

Does my analysis here
hit on anything about Misaki?

I also figured Yamazaki was a bigger piece of shit than he was portrayed as. He definitely had anger issues which were a huge character flaw. Besides that he's very controlling while also being controlled by his parents. I'm assuming his problems mostly stem from the fact that he feels trapped by his parents who basically have his life planned out while he wants to get out and do things on his own.

>Misaki is my number 1 waifu
You're gonna have a bad time

pic related for me, its too late ;_;

Can we all just agree EVERYONE in NHK was a fucked up piece of shit in some way shape or form

>Does my analysis here hit on anything about Misaki?
Yeah but that's seen in the anime, through not super clearly. You'll see how much clearer it is in the manga if you ever read it. And yeah, Yamazaki is much less of a bro in the manga.
Pretty much this

novel >/= anime >>>>>>>>>>>>>> shit >>>>>>>>manga

Yeah, that's the safest bet. I didn't envy anyone, and with each new character introduced I felt worse about the other characters. They were all fucked up to some extent, and irredeemable in many ways. The MLM class president was almost pitiable until she turned out to be trying to scam Satou by playing on his feelings and kindness. Though she was motivated by more than pure greed, at least superficially. I believed she was in way too deep to get out easily, although I can't say for certain that she wasn't just using that guilt as leverage against Satou.

It's one of the few shows I've watched where I've really disliked every character. All of them had huge flaws that made them terrible people. Satou's laziness and apathy hit close to home, but the others were terrible even though they were more successful comparatively. I'm not sure I got any singular message from the anime. In some ways it's about learning to help yourself I guess. The only true way to make a change in your life for the better is to do it on your own.

Yamazaki is the true savior.

The lesson is that the only person who can save you is yourself.

When you put it like that, I scratch my head a little and question why I liked the show so much

But that wasn't true for all the characters. The MLM girl, Kobayashi, couldn't help herself. She was deeply in debt to the company she worked for. Her only way out was by scamming people and ripping them off. Even then it wouldn't ever really end. She still got money which she needed to take care of herself and her brother but it was never enough, she needed to be agressive at all times.

Similarly, Hitomi was trapped by circumstances as well. She's obviously mentally ill which isn't something you can really get over by herself. She's drugged up and making questionable choices for incoherent reasons. Her best option to improve her life is essentially giving it away to her fiance and allowing him to help her improve mentally.

Yamazaki also couldn't really help himself out of his situation either. He's bound to his family by tradition, and realizes no matter what he does he can't escape his fate. It's not really a question of how hard he works or tries, he will always be forced into a certain role.

Really, Misaki and Satou were the only ones who could save themselves. In the end it's basically what they both decided to do, albeit they relied on each other to accomplish it.

I don't know if this is true for everyone but for me the reason why NHK is able to do this is because while most of them can blame someone or something else to why there life is so fucked up, they always end up in a way blaming themselves for letting it get that bad

Satou in a way blames himself for letting the NHK turn him into a hikkimori

Hitomi is similiar in that she blames herself for being to weak to escape the conspiracies

Yamazaki in a way blames himself for not being capable enough to carve out his own life and untimely accepts that he has to give up

Kobayashi blames herself for not doing enough for her brother and falling for an obvious pyramid scheme

This is what puts NHK characters a step above similar who at the end of the day say "ts someone else not mine"

How do you even afford to live as a hikki? I wish my parents would be so lenient as to let me mop around the house without doing shit for the rest of my life.

Online jobs desu, I work few hours per day in some shits like amazon turk and get about $550 per month, more than enought to live jerking and eating shit food.

>If she hadn't come along Satou would've never changed

lol bullshit

the only thing that got him to change was literal starvation

›look its faggots who dont like Misaki and say "you didnt read the manga" episode

What the fuck are you even trying to say?

Try typing without memes next time user-kun

Spoil me on how it ends.

You're ten years too late.

no

>It's one of the few shows I've watched where I've really disliked every character. All of them had huge flaws that made them terrible people.

But that's what made me love them. Too many anime have mary sue characters or ones with a token flaw that they "overcome".

This show took realism in characters, albeit somewhat pessimistic, to a whole new level.

Satou goes broke and starves until he finds a job. His job makes him less hikki but still shitty. He saves Misaki from suicide even though she was trying to save him. They all live relatively depressed ever after.

When is it too late to change my hikikomori ways?

40 without a wife or degree.

30 if you want children. Since kids after 35 start getting problems and it will take you a while to get outside and married.