Who beats her if she's serious?

Who beats her if she's serious?

Literally who

probably nobody, at least not in that universe

The real question is what the fuck was her problem?

She hates weaklings, who doesn't?

Doesn't fighting at full power fuck up her body?

If she's going all out, anybody who can endure and not die instantly would theoretically win out.

Completed Shichika, if he somehow fought her as a ghost or after time traveling or something.

No one else, at least that we saw in the show, that's kind of the point of kyotoryu.

Yeah, but 1) no one would last that long and 2) the sword makes her immortal, she let Shichika kill her.

Obviously her brother, since he killed her you idiot.

She "killed" him like 5,000 times in that fight, and then asked him to kill her for plot purposes

She fought Sabi Hakuhei's mom for like six months straight.

>Sabi Hakuhei's mom
what?

She'll end up breaking herself. Lolis are no match for the Accelerator

Medaka or Freshmaker or Anshin'in or Kumagawa.

Fucking most of Medaka Box probably could

her temple conquest battle was perfect

Oniisama, Kurou Daijujji, Shichika, Shiki Ryougi, Medaka
She seemed like a jobber.

That guy's right.
Sabi Hakuhei's mother, who was the original "perfected deviant blade," had an absurdly long battle with Nanami. I think Nanami kills her in front of a young Hakuhei, even?
It was one of the stories told in the prequel work, I haven't gone through it in ages.

Every time I see her I am reminded of that short conversation of Emonzaemon and his princess about her.
>Can you defeat her
>I'd choose not to fight her
>but if you have to fight her, how would you do it?
>I would sacrifice myself in order to buy enough time for you to escape
A short conversation that strangely wasn't very wordy considering it's written by Nisio. Emonzaemon's answer was very clever, he managed to explain two important points with very few words. One, Nanami was so ridiculously powerful that even Emonzaemon is scared of her (keep in mind that even though Shichika managed to kill Emonzaemon in the end, Emonzaemon was never truly scared of Shichika). Two, that he was absolutely loyal to his princess. So the only scenario that he would ever fight Nanami is if Nanami is coming after the princess, and in that scenario he would give his life, not to stop Nanami because she's unstoppable, but to delay her a little.
/blog

Nisio's most important conversations are generally pretty concise (in the books he gives a damn about).
It's the difference between characters faffing around and characters getting down to business.
In fact, ostensibly-innocuous conversations that later turn out to be critical turning points in the plot can be identified by this token.
He's a sneaky bastard.

She wanted to die in battle like a good sword should.

(When Shichika attacks the tower in Ep 12 he's talking exactly like she did.)

She's a sword.
What value does a sword have that isn't used in battle? A sword is a tool made for killing. Sure, you can pretend that you can use it for other things, but it performs suboptimally. aAt the end of the day, a sword is a weapon and nothing else.

so it's not canon?

It's canon, it's just not animated.
NISIO wrote both the Maniwa prequel novel and the Yasuri prequel audio drama.

In universe: no one. She is like Toki from HnK. She would be the strongest and the true heir due to her unprecedented innate talent, but illness wracked her body making her too frail to be a successor.

Out of universe: Elder God Demonbane.

>but illness wracked her body making her too frail to be a successor
No.
She was never taught, because her father was scared.

what? so how old are they?

Just started watching this. What should I expect with it?

It was both.

Nothing except for anticipating the fourth episode. It's the best episode.

Extreme smug

It's fucking wonderful.
Now get out of here until you're done.

best girl win

Maniwagatari was 2008, it came out relatively shortly after Katanagatari ended serialization in 2007.
It's about the foundation of the Kyotouryuu by the Yasuri family head and Shikizaki Kiki.

The prequel audio dramas were Blu-Ray bonuses of the anime in 2010.

>movies & TV

"Win" is a strong word to use there.

sorry m8 I fell from the Windows 10 jew

So did I but at least I use MPC-HC

Cancer

She was a natural born warrior that was refuse training because of the fear that she might become too strong, all the while her lil' bro get all the special treatment. Pretty obvious why she have a problem.

>not Japanese cold
You had one job, user.

Watch the previews for each episode