Bomb kills investigative journalist, Daphne Caruana Galizia, who broke the Panama Papers story

Daphne Caruana Galizia, an investigative journalist and blogger from Malta who was known for her reporting on governmental corruption, was killed in a bomb explosion near her home on Monday, officials say.

Galizia, 53, who had published a story on her blog at about 2:35 p.m. local Malta time Monday, was driving away from the home where she lived with her husband in Bidnija, a rural area on the island, in a rented Peugeot 108 around 3 p.m. when the car went up in flames, according to local media reports.

The blast sent detritus far into the surrounding fields and badly burned the body. Photos showed the Peugeot’s mangled shell in a field, dozens of yards away from the blast site.

No suspects have been identified in the bombing.

In 2017, 27 journalists have been killed for their work so far, according to the Committee to Protect Journalists.

Galizia’s death was widely condemned by officials and NGOs across Europe and Malta, where the journalist’s relentless fixation on corruption, cronyism and political malfeasance had brought her to prominence.

washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/10/16/bomb-kills-investigative-journalist-in-malta-who-reported-on-panama-papers/?utm_term=.278d9657de26

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daphne_Caruana_Galizia

Other urls found in this thread:

daphnecaruanagalizia.com/2012/08/glory-glory-allelluiah/
archive.is/JAN7B
daphnecaruanagalizia.com/2017/10/crook-schembri-court-today-pleading-not-crook/
archive.is/rBXL9
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

She was a pretty vile piece of work from what I've heard.

daphnecaruanagalizia.com/2012/08/glory-glory-allelluiah/

archive.is/JAN7B

Did she start looking into the Clinton Foundation?

No, she didn't shoot herself in the back of the head 44 times followed by flinging herself off a bridge

>t. Joe Muscat

>last article
daphnecaruanagalizia.com/2017/10/crook-schembri-court-today-pleading-not-crook/

archive.is/rBXL9

Bump

>Panama Papers

So many countries were assblasted by those papers it's going to be impossible to tell who was behind it.

maltese were shilling breddy hard earlier. Maybe Russia called this hit, after all, they were heavily fingered in panpapers.

See

I wonder how her body looks like now

it aint pretty

bump

>archive.is/rBXL9

that looks like a torso but her foot is there, what an ugly way to go

I'd bomb that rack, if you catch my drift Sup Forums.

Closed casket unfortunately , probably was the mob - paid by corrupt politicians

Please, elaboration is needed

I don't expect this to be ever solved

Any suspects? Some Maltese in the last thread said it was the Azerbaijanis

Bad boy

I suspect you're right.

All of the names in the Panama papers..

Here was last article.

>All of the names in the Panama papers..
It could be literally thousands of people then, from Malta to Russia to fucking Iceland

Not yet

They have called the FBI to investigate xD

How are people in Malta reacting to this m8?

Bumping before bed

bumping and bailing
have a good night lads

bump for interest

milk

its a shock to malta, her blogs had more views then most of our local newspapers, no one liked her though but she shouldn't have been killed regardless

RIP

no, she was after real shit

My bet is on Vladimir, he is the most experienced journalist killer alive

She was THIQQ

bump for europeans

>dead journalists

inshallah more will follow
fuck these subhumans