Say what you want about Bleach but Kubo was a damn good artist

Say what you want about Bleach but Kubo was a damn good artist

Naruto and One Piece couldn't even compete.

compared to who ?

Kishi and Oda can draw backgrounds.

Obviously there are only 3 series in the world, didn't you even know that?

backgrounds are unimportant in a manga. Maybe in comic books who rely on form over substance but not in a manga.

>substance

Wait, aren't we talking about Bleach?

The substance being easily reachable doesn't mean the form gets more emphasis.

Nice argument there idiot.

>Bleach
>Substance

I know this is bait but I unironically think Kubo draws better than Kishimoto and far better than Oda.

The substance of Bleach is what exactly?

If we're talking about it from a purely technical standpoint, Kishimoto is the best Illustrator out of the three. He has the best grasp on perspective, anatomy, and surprisingly enough, shading.

But in my subjective opinion, his art lacks a certain style and "pop" that Kubo and Oda's has. And Oda, being the least proficient technically out of the three, covers it up by pure style and putting time into his work. Kubo on the other hand, as much as I prefer his art's to Oda's, is a lazy fuck.

I agree he draws better than Oda. The drawing style of One Piece is nice, but for some reason it's tiring for my eyes, maybe because there are too many things drawn in each panel. I don't get the same (unpleasant) feeling when reading Bleach or Naruto, or even a very detailed manga like Berserk.

>artist
no
>con artist
maybe

So what you're saying is there's no form OR substance.

And you're calling him a good artist.

But the backgrounds aren't drawn by them.

I find Kubo's art more appealing than Kishi's but Kishi is still miles ahead as an artist. Kubo kinda hacks with the same 'close facial feature' shot of sexy looking characters, but kishi has actual variety in how to tell stories. Not to mention, perspective, backgrounds, and colouring.
I'd only really put toriyama above kishi.
Oda is just wierd.

I get the feeling you've read ten manga in your life. There are many artists with great backgrounds, and Kubo's art is really not worth mentioning on almost any front. Maybe his /fa/ designs, that'a bout it.

Oda draws almost everything in his manga and leaves very little to the assistants and only because he is forced to. Faggot would draw everything himself if he could, but the silly people over at Jump force him to get some sleep.

If I recall correctly, the assistants help with regular inking and penciling. As far as background details go, they do non-moving background characters in minor scenes. Everything else Oda does. Source is a interview from one of the assistants. Don't have the link to it. Find it yourself fag.

I still maintain that Kubo should have ended the manga ten years ago and opened a clothing line based on the early stuff instead.
Then he can focus on drawing one good item every once in a while instead of cranking out junk pages.

>this damage control
My sides

(you)

kek