On a scale from 1-10, how highly do you rate the importance of handsome male anime characters?

On a scale from 1-10, how highly do you rate the importance of handsome male anime characters?

>those designs
>handsome

ayy lmao

一万

Fuck off, faggot. You wouldn't know a handsome man if he smacked you in the face with his ten inch dick.

I like my characters to be attractive. I don't care that it's not realistic.

Don't give a shit unless the people literally use tha same character models for everything and just call it

Pretty important.

10, if it's bishoujo. 0 if not

Everything you say is wrong.

It's always relative to the actual quality of a show, it's about an 8/10 if the series is just average, 10/10 if it's shit, unimportant if it's great.

But it significantly improves my enjoyment no matter what. It was very important in LoGH because it was mostly talking heads, I wanted those heads to be qt.

>Reinhard
>anything but handsome

I'd say about a 3/10 to a 4/10. I'm pretty okay with male characters who aren't handsome as long as they aren't butt ugly. Kind of how most people are fine with hentai that doesn't have sexy boys, but also dislike fat old men.

8, male character should be as hot as their female counterparts

I can't self insert if they're ugly.

Nice dandruff

my emperor can't be this moe

>male character should be as hot as their female counterparts
It really bothers me when they don't do this. It almost ruined Shirobako for me, why should every single girl be cute, young and thin while half the men are old and obese? Either make everyone realistic, or everyone cute.

>that pic
>Tanaka legitimately cannot see why people might think Reinhard and Kircheis might be fags

If only Kircheis were here

This bothers me too when it's inconsistent. If all the girls are inexplicably hot, then doesn't it logically follow that all the guys should be inexplicably hot? At least have an even mix of each if you want to dabble in both areas.

About 8, but there should be more variety: not only jailbait or jailbait-looking fembois, but also manly and mature men who are still handsome. For instance picrelated. Or, off the top of my head, Gendo. For some reason, men like this are rare in modern anime.

The problem is not even designs, but that LoGH has very inconsistent animation quality. There are frames when even the hottest characters look butt-ugly. Style is also inconsistent: for instance, here Reinhard looks like he is an Utena character. WTF.

This. Getting the dokidokis from a hot bishounen helps make life worth living.

They are the quintessential essence of anime, and as such, life itself.

Handsome males: 1
Cute females: 10

Generally I don't care much, but hot damn has this guy been making my time watching Escaflowne even better.

OBERSTEIN DID NOTHING WRONG

They're not vital or anything, but I think, especially in Shounen, there is usually a correlation made between how good-looking a character is and the quality of said character. Like, the author goes out of their way to make them the most aesthetically-pleasing male in the cast and kind of validates that effort by investing more into them.

I was pleasantly surprised by how qt the Escaflowne boys are. I expected the worst because people act like the character designs are abominations, but I didn't mind the noses.

this is really a thing. also I like my men beautiful

You can tell who the best boy in a Togashi work is by how pretty he is.

It's always the blonde ones as well.

Even worse: draw the same character and call it someone entirely new.

All the hot guys in anime decided to go into the idol business.

Now if I could remember the episode where Kircheis sees Reinhard as an angel lifting him up.

Only 13 episodes in but it's pretty clear that Kircheis is after that sister pussy

You are entitled to your opinion, but it is a silly and incorrect one.

Meant for , obviously.

I liked the noses. One of the most underrated animus of all time.