>defending Toei's penny pinching jewry
>tumblr gif

Toei can be good when they want to.
They just never want to.

Not an argument

>kyoto animation
>never set in kyoto
what the fuck is this shit

Hibike is set in Uji, which is just south of Kyoto.

This That's why Toei is worse than Kyoani, because Toei have A LOT of money, but they're not even trying since their shit is sells anyway.

Toei is fucking astronomically large, I don't get the point in praising them as a personified unit. Kyoani or whoever works because they've developed a house style, but Toei?

What made me laugh/cringe is when all the normalfags realized that anime is generally poorly animated at DBS 5.

And some international creator like Thomas Romain defended the general studios by saying there's not enough good animators in the industry and the production pace is unbearable.

But there are studios that manage just well, and Toei could fill their holes with money unlike others so they just have no excuses, the headquarters are corrupted by money and don't want to allow their creators do to nice things.

I don't think that's about a house style here but more a policy, and Toei have none anymore besides doing commercial stuff. Policy: money in magical girls, the rest can go to shit. With a few exceptions like Kyousougiga.

Also they used to finance experimental auteur things but it was never that good even if that was kinda nice (Ga-nime, like Fantascope: Tylostoma by Yoshitaka Amano).

Toei in the 80's was good for anime (maybe before and a little after but I don't know much). Sailor Moon is a fucking miracle of the 90's.

I doubt the normalfag center known as Sup Forums even knows what that is.

Mononoke is a very popular series

Toei in the 50s/60s used to make really well-made films. They were like the Disney of Japan.

um excuse me but mononoke hime is a film, not a series, and the art style is nothing like that gif

One of the pretentious anime like pingpong and kaiba.

Weren't they like the only major studio until Mushi Pro came around?

The quality of posts is extremely important to this community. Contributors are encouraged to provide high-quality images and informative comments.

Whatever you think you're doing, kill yourself.

If you ever take the memes seriously, please consider the noose.

>pretentious
Kill yourself.

The quality of posts is extremely important to this community. Contributors are encouraged to provide high-quality images and informative comments.

>implying any comments in this thread are high quality

Who are you quoting?

>pretentious