Anime powers that creators have forgotten their characters have

>Anime powers that creators have forgotten their characters have

Goku used to be telepathic and partially psychic

Yeah what the fuck was that about? Im pretty sure that wasn't in the manga.

He was telepathic multiple times.

Communicated with Ape Gohan to attack Vegeta

Communicated with Krillin to not kill Vegeta

Read Krillin's mind on Namek

Read Trunk's mind after their short skirmish

Had psychic visions of the Androids

Never happened again after Android Saga

Satsuki's "ki powers" in Kill la Kill

mentioned once in a flashback

never brought up ever again.

I just assumed this is something he learned from Kami. While it was weird and an easy way for Toriyama to speed the story up, without having to constantly stop to have people explain stuff to Goku, they didn't constantly rely on it after the Androids, but then Goku mostly took a backseat until literally the shit with Majin Buu goes completely south.

I figured he learned it from Roshi, since he was the first one to display telepathy in dragon ball

Don't forget that they would have mental fights with each other for training.

Muffin Button

There's a shit ton of things never brought back up again in KLK. Still mad that Nudist Beach never fired off that special bullet. Why did they even bother having it then?

KLK was a shit show that was rewritten multiple times DURING PRODUCTION. Pretty much everyone was supposed to die but the VA and artists were too attached to the characters and they dropped everything.

And he casually got them too, how the fuck did he learn how to read minds from doing pushups?

I figured it was more of a plot device than anything of actual substance. Never understood all the upset over it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>Based human puppeteering once stand gets inside the victims body
>ability only seen when faggot was a bad guy

To be fair, Piccolo has it kinda bad too.

Does the Super Spirit Bomb count?

They could of easily explained it away with using it to disable Ragyo so they could get Ryuko away, it wouldn't of been enough to kill her but it bides them time sort of thing.

But still the show is full of things that just get glossed over and forgotten, remember when Sensei threw acupuncture needles around with extreme precision?

Well, Roshi mentioned that it's absolutely necessary for a sage to know how to read people's hearts. Karin and Kaio also displayed these powers. And considering that we've only seen Goku use telepathy after training with the latter it's safe to assume it's Kaio who taught him.

By the way, I really liked how Gou sometimes would learn things other (weaker) characters knew much earlier. Like flying and telepathy.

Goku also learned things by watching people do it only once. He's kindve a savant like that.

Oh yeah, speaking of, remember how Tien and Chaotzu could copy moves?
Man, they would've stayed way more relevant if they kept doing that.

it is
it was suppose to show Goku is now on Muten Roshis level of martial arts mastery(muten roshi can do that too), but as OP said, it was completely forgotten afterwards

Goku could also use Kamehameha using his feet. Happened once in his fight against Frieza in Namek and never happened again as far i'm aware.

I'd argue that some aspects of dbz martial arts is inherently psychic in nature like flying and ki detection and even teleportation since they also have to train their mind for that shit. It's probably a case of having a skill learned earlier in life but never found much use for it later. Since Goku is being the ultimate retard anti-team player right now who'd rather communicate with his fists it pretty much fits.

Because it wasn't a well written show.

>once in his fight against Frieza in Namek
It was against Piccolo in a tournament, which was also full of to be forgotten moves

Kenshiro has a move used to press someone's pressure points from a distance, which he used against Souther. Ken also just kinda forgets about the ultimate move he learned at the end of the first half for most of the later manga. I think it is only used in one fight and it's the one he loses.

Also if you count filler, Kenshiro has pretty much an attack for every possible situation. Like stopping throwing weapons by yelling or preventing someone from breathing fire, which is always used in one episode and then quickly forgotten.

The original Gundam has Super Napalm, which is used at the very beginning of the show to burn some mobile suit parts and then never even mentioned again.