Did you think about what they were doing with the Evangelions in retrospect...

Did you think about what they were doing with the Evangelions in retrospect? They're essentially using a computerized interface so the pilot can enslave a wild GiantHuman to do their bidding.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.evageeks.org/Contact_Experiment
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You really ought to qualify that "using" with a "trying to."

They weren't "piloting" Evas. It was more so "guiding" the Evas like you would a horse.

It works...sometimes.

They were linking souls with cuttings from alien gods

So this is where the -Rei- lives.

I wonder if scenes like this were some kind of existential crisis to the Evas. Like they would rather stay dead than be piloted and have to 'think' and do things without a free will anymore or something. Since they have a soul in them right?

Problem is, that kind of gets tossed away later, at least with 01 since we know who's in it and she behaves in a different manner. Maybe that is 00's "characterization" though

Pretty comfy

In desperation, mankind turned to make their own angels against God's very own. Instead, they made a vessl for the Devil.

Is everyone still on board with the theory that Rei 1's soul is in 00, or has a new theory become popular since I stopped paying attention?

Eh I think it's still Rei 1 or a fragment of Rei's soul or something like that.

Why did people so desire that it was Naoko's soul?

They moved on to doing it to angels in the 2nd and 3rd movie.

huh, that kinda makes sense

I thought Rei's soul was used for all Rei incarnations in a sense that when one body was destroyed Rei's soul was given a new host. How could she be at the same time part of unit 00?

I never really thought of that for whatever reason, you mean whoever's soul it was before rei become a vessel for lilith's soul? I wonder whos child that was, Yuis (they had 2 children?)

Ritsuko's mom, or that's what I've heard.

That was an old theory

Asuka's mom was this one right?

Also where was it stated that her dad was a nip? The only time I remember seeing him he was a shadow.

It doesn't. Shinji tripped on his second step and the beast did a flip, motor control is absolutely slaved to the pilot under normal operation.

>Asuka's mom was this one right?

No that was just her going crazy.

I meant her mom was the Eva.

The first time I watched Eva some stuff was pretty funny though, I expected Shinji to be a useless faggot and Asuka to be the competent one, that webm from EoE really didn't help me out with that, but I just laughed because every episode seemed to be Shinji saving the day then getting shit on for 15 episodes.

>I meant her mom was the Eva.

Yeah no that was just her going insane and imagining things.

How do you know it wasn't?

Why would it be, Eva 00 had shinjis mother trapped in it due to a freak accident, there's absolutely no reason to think any of the other Eva units had anything similar.

Yui trapped herself intentionally

>Asuka's mom was this one right?
Yes, her soul was in unit 2. That is the whole reason why those 3 specific kids are chosen to be the plots, because the souls of the pilot and eva have to be compatible.

It's been known for a long time that unit 02 had asuka's mum's soul in it

You are literally pulling this out your ass.

So why couldn't Rei pilot Unit-01?

wiki.evageeks.org/Contact_Experiment

Retard.

The meme is get in the robot, what he sounds like whining is reinforced and even people who saw the show a hundred years ago forget the set of pipes he had or that only he ever killed something with a gun or fighting through damage that left Asuka and Rei curled up in sympathetic pain. Before the MP fight he was the hotblooded psycho one.

>At an unspecified date, Kyoko Zeppelin Soryu undertook a contact experiment with Evangelion Unit-02. Unlike Yui's experiment, Kyoko's does not cause her soul to be completely absorbed into Eva-02. Rather, only an aspect of her soul resides in Eva-02 - the part that loves her daughter above all else. However, due to her soul being split, Kyoko goes insane and later commits suicide

Where the fuck is this info from?

Episode 22 and evidence from EoE.

FFS watch the show instead of shitposting on Sup Forums

But she could. Rewatch ep14?. It's the episode where Rei synchronises with unit 01 in a test, the findings of which Ritsuko uses to create the dummy plug. Rei has Lilith's soul so she is a special snowflake and can do shit like that.

>Episode 22

Which scene? I'm pretty sure there's nothing in Either of those which shows Asuka's mother taking part in a contact experiment.

>pretty sure

If you actually watched the show, you'd know that 100% sure that its never shown. Peel your eyes off the visuals and read the dialogue.

Except the part about her soul being fragmented and only her maternal aspect making it into the Eva. That's original to NGE2 and can be disregarded freely.

I watched the show a long fucking time ago, and I certainly don't recall anyone saying her mother took part in a contact experiment like Yui. So in other words this is all just fan speculation.

Considering the threat they were dealing with, any long term consequences with the evas was an afterthought.

This is wrong.

no, they made Eva from Adam's flesh.

>I don't want to rewatch anything
>so what I say is truth and what you say is just fanboy speculation
Shut up and die.

I thought it was just because Rei was a clone of Yui

They use Rei to make the dummy plugs which are computers simulating a soul or thought patterns. I forget how exactly they explained in the show. Anyway the plugs pilot the mass produced Evas so there has got to be more to Rei than just Yui DNA.

you are retarded, die.

Except the Evas had a human soul, retard. Or was it just the 01?