So i've been reading Berserk again and i just finished the Golden Age...

So i've been reading Berserk again and i just finished the Golden Age, and when i got to Guts and Griffiths duel i started to wonder what whould've happened if Grif had won.

Would Guts accept it and get back in line?
Would the eclipse still have ended in Grif sacrificing his band?

What do you think the world would've been like if Grif had won?

didn't he banged the princess solely due to frustration? iirc he had no motives to have sex with her at the moment

He needed her in order to become king, but he was going to play the waiting game. After the duel though, he just jumped at it without thinking

I think it was ment to be destiny. Eclipse with griffith would still have happened

Yeah but he still had a choice. Even in the canon arc he had a choice, and he was at his absolute lowest point in life, and the reason can be traced back to the duel he lost. If he had won, he wouldn't have been tortured, he wouldn't be at his lowest, and perhaps he wouldn't have sacrificed them. The Count chose not to sacrifice Theresia remember?

bump

I'm wondering, why didn't he go to Casca instead of the princess? After all he acted on intuition at the time and it's Casca he actually felt attracted to.

I just finished the Golden Age arc, only watched the anime before. How are the later volumes? I was kind of interested in the superntural elements in the beginning but reading those first thirteen volumes I found the dynamic between Casca, Griffith and Guts the most interesting part. Now that won't be a focus so I'm a bit cautious.

Perhaps he wasn't COMPLETELY out of it? He knew he needed the princess, but he got impatient.

There are at least two arcs that rival the Golden Age in awesomeness, so you really should try it. The dunamic you're talking about is still there, just reshaped a bit.

Which volumes are those in, more or less?

How will Berserk finish? How can Guts kill Griffith when Griffith now has the power of a God while Guts is just a mortal.

Never noticed that Miura had such a shitty perspective. Still amazing spread, tho.

Don't remember.
Why not just keep reading? If you don't like it and get bored by it, it's not for you.

>Guts is just a mortal
At this point he's not just a mortal, he's closer to demon himself and it's pointed out multiple times in the manga. Especially with the effects of the Berserk armor in mind

The following arcs are good but pretty different from Golden Age. A little bit worse than Golden Age in my opinion. Once he meets up with the witch and gets his new armor it quickly goes to medicrity though.

What happened to the old kingdom before Midland? The one at the bottom of the Tower of Rebirth?

Obviously some Godhand shenanigans, but who sacrificed who?
Skull knight is obviously King Gaiseric, but was he sacrificed? By Void? How would Void be in a position to sacrifice the king, let alone the people of the kingdom? Don't you need to be attached to your sacrifice? Was Gaiseric the one who sacrificed his kingdom to become the Skull Knight? And if Void is the first Godhand member, who asked him to sacrifice someone? And why aren't the corpses mangled or eaten?

All these questions, man

He wanted to exercise some control over people after Guts left so he banged the princess because he still didn't have here under his control unlike Casca who would've been down to bang the moment he suggests it.

I really hope Miura eventually devotes an arc to explaining this

Yeah, it's been bugging me for a long time. I hope he doesn't skip it.

It's also a bit of a self-destructive streak

He could fuck the shit out of casca in front of the band of the hawk and there wouldn't really be lasting consequences for him

But Griffith was in 'edgy' mode, so he wanted to do something risky that could ruin him and his dreams

>Would Guts accept it and get back in line?

He wouldn't have a choice (at least in his mind). Though he would have seen Griffith as less of a friend and more of a boss at that point.

>Would the eclipse still have ended in Grif sacrificing his band?

This is actually interesting because if Grif had won, not fucked the princess, and not been tortured to the point where he can't fight, then he might not have done it. He could think 'I don't need this to become a King, I can do it on my own anyway' but since he was physically so fucked up, he had no other option. I would still wager yes because it would make becoming a king easier.

>What do you think the world would've been like if Grif had won?

Pretty much the same, as I said I think he would still sacrifice them, but I don't know if he would rape Casca because the whole point of doing that was to prove he's better than Guts, or assert his control. But if he had won then he never lost his control to begin with, making raping Casca pointless.

The only difference if Griffith won imo is that Casca would still be sane and her and Guts would probably fuck off somewhere and live peacefully (if they could) assuming Skull Knight still saves them. But actually now that I think about it, Casca would have probably died in the Eclipse because the only reason she wasn't killed when she was swarmed was so Griffith could rape her. I would assume Guts would be alive and even more hell-bent on killing Grif due to him killing Casca + the entire band of hawk.

bump

Why does Slan have a dick between her tits?

Do you think the Counts daughter (Theresia?) will become a relevant character again?
She SWORE that she'll kil Guts, and then we never hear from her again.

Did Miura forget about her?

More like he forgot everything before Schierke.

cause she's the whore princess of the uterine sea, duh

MUH DICKS is practically her only defining feature, anyway

>Would Guts accept it and get back in line?
No. Guts wanted to be a friend to Griffith and Griffith wasn't going to spell his feelings out for Guts when his chief power is self neglect. Guts would train some more and try again.
>Would the eclipse still have ended in Grif sacrificing his band?
Probably.
>What do you think the world would've been like if Grif had won?
Griffith would still become insecure and Guts would still have his sparks revelation.

>didn't he banged the princess solely due to frustration?
More like despair. The event mirrors Griffith sleeping with the old man for money after that little kid died with his little toy knight in his hand, right down to his clawing at his arms.

Let's say Guts kill Griffith, what happens after ? Kill the hand of God ?

I'm not sure if they can be killed, but if Griffith is killed, the same vulnerability can probably be used to kill at least slan and the two others jobbers

Skull knight probably has some plan for braindude

i'd be curious to see what that would look like if he redrew it today. I bet the perspective and poses would be fixed. but it would take 5 y ears because he'd draw every fucking snowflake or something.

>guts pulls out his dick
>"is this what you wanted?"
>griffith falters, lows his guard
>Guts blasts him in the face with his arm cannon

Seems pretty obvious to me that Gaiseric sacrificed his subjects to become skullknight. The only thing that seems unclear is why he decided to fight the godhand.