Sup Forums study thread

Post what you currently study or studied and what (stem) field you'd recommend for people who weren't in school for some time.

Physics (BS, MS)
Electrical Engineering (BS, specialty in Solid state circuit design).
Programming (Cert in C)

What to study now? Hell if I know. Got replaced with fucked up H1b visa whores straight out of Boonfuckastan University.

Nothing because I don't have a GED nor do I have $10k upfront for community college.

Maths (A Level)
Physics (A Level)
Computer Science (A Level)
Electrical Engineering (BSc)

Graduated with bachelor's in computer science. Currently studying specific SaaS platforms around ITSM and IAM.

I recommend computer science as just a high tier career. Many jobs, flexible positions (been working from home for a year now), smaller focused areas to find your niche after graduation.

If you're smart and not a social retard you'll get a job. If you're socially retarded you'll be beat by pajeets until you sort yourself out.

>Get an AS in IT/Networking
>Get another associates in Communication (the human type)
>BA in Organizational if ya can
>subcontracts until the end of time

This is how you do school redpilled

>mfw studied film production at a liberal arts uni

You studied that much? Gj tho, O heard studying physics can really be a pain in the ass. Did you enjoy programming?

Current:
discrete mathematics
Number theory
Probability
Previous:
Computer science

Sounds fun tho. I'm thinking about getting a meme degree because math is so hard in my university (technical university berlin)

Having a job in software is so easy even I can do it, more often than not.
I fucking hate the entire industry and often think I would have been a better fit for EE but then I read stories like this and decide that maybe it's better to feel slightly like I want to puke all the time.

Was computer science practical where you did it? I'm thinking about economical cs (sadly only programming with java)

Would you recommend it to someone who struggles with math? What should I do to solve that issue?

EE= Electrical engineering?

Do you currently study or did you study before?

Bump

Yes.
I'm not that guy but it depends on how badly you struggle. If you're having problems in more advanced math courses that's fine, maybe avoid some specific subfields of CS. However if you can't into basic algebra and calculus you may lack the aptitude for symbolic manipulation and should pick a different field of study.

Did you guys manage to study in the regular time? I often hear you need 1 or 2 years more...

>not going to trade school

What field? I first wanna try to study to as a challenge.

> what

I'm in cc right now and I had to pay about 600$ up front tuition+books

I'm a construction management guy. Working for all the fancy new bridges we're building here in Kuwait

Physics (Master)
Systemic Neuroscience (PhD)

GIS is very good for job prospects if you like playing with maps

American public universities waste your time with irrelevant garbage to collect more shekels and encourage a culture where many students change majors. Worst place to complete a BS.

*playing with maps on computers

With a trade job? Dang good job and congrats! And in what field did you start? That sounds interesting.

Whats GIS?

Dang I can only go to state school too, since I'm poor as fuck. Maybe I really should get a trade instead...

Is your flag a proxy? If you're in Germany nothing I said applies.

Well I heard similar things here in Germany and no, it's not a proxy. However I wanna try it first, so I won't regret to never have tried it.

Serious recommendation: If you're interested in STEM, check out the Omega Tau podcast (omegataupodcast.net). Marcus does in-depth interviews with people in industry and as a German speaker you get about 2x the episodes to choose from.
Figure out what you want to do early and remain focused on life after university, and you will be ahead of 80% of the other students already.
Good luck!

I guess this comfy thread won't survive much longer, since we have a possible happening. Sad!

That feel when automation repair person

That feel when 90% of the time I don't do anything
That feel when job feels empty

I'm never going to be rich doing this, I don't know what to do, I don't want to be an engineer and make 50-60k and work 50hrs a week

Manufacturing is not the industry you want to be an engineer in, you don't make shit for the hours required. Inb4 go to a big automaker yea that's more than likely 12hr days 7 days a week

Ty I'll check it out.

Law llb
International law llm

Unemployed. Education is a meme. Last job I had was minimum wage, me and the person I worked with were both law graduates. Half the people doing the job were university graduates. We did long shifts for minimum wage.

So, which dialect of the hindu lang is your maternal, user?

Business BA
Currently on my placement year (which I have to do before my final year in my degree) earning £20,000. I get to visit different places and work from home 3 days a week where i get to basically chill. Also had the best time at university, I understand that I am in a crazy amount of debt but well worth

Bumpo

Is a trade job worth it in the LONG run?

REEEEEEE DOES NO ONE WANT TO COMPLAIN OR BRAG ABOUT HIS EDUCATION ???

Last try